The Useful Ex

Are You Mine 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The filming for the next track mission saw my new friend appearing as a guest rapper and mentor. The undisputed Cheetah also appeared as guest and I was in a slight dilemma when we had to choose who we wanted to work with because Cheetah was really good too and I knew Yeeun wanted to work with her badly. But I decided Jessi would be my first choice since I knew we clicked well already. She was also hinting hard to me with her eye contact to pick her when I was making my choice. So yeah, the track mission with Jessi was in place and I was glad it went well with me winning highest audience votes and Producer Verbal Jint's vote as well. It was me in the final round against Heize for the track. But that part would be filmed the next day. I got a day to prepare and practice my full rap lyrics for that track.

My girls were glad to find out I made it to final round for a track mission that fast and were all cheering over the phone to me when I was on my way home. After hanging up the phone with my girls, I received a text from Hyunah.

Hyunah: Babe...I know you are a busy woman but are you coming to our concert?

I remember my Urban Zakapa friends were going to have a mini concert the coming weekend and the girls and I could possibly slot in an hour or two to attend it BUT... Beenzino was going to be their special guest and that kinda gave me an additional excuse not to go beside by busy schedules.

Yubin: I got to practice my rap missions, babe. I'm sorry but perhaps Yen and Mi could go.

Hyunah: You are avoiding him, aren't you?

Yubin: Who?

I played ignorant.

Hyunah: Sweetheart, Sungbin thinks you are avoiding him like he's plague or something that everytime we hang out together, you will always not turn up when he's around. To be honest, I'm starting to notice that too.

Yubin: What the...? You all know I'm just super busy this time.

I wondered why it even mattered to Sungbin I was avoiding him. He had been busy chasing his girlfriend back that I would think my non-presence at our friends' gathering would not even matter. The last time I saw him was at Younha's birthday party and we talked some and that was just....4, 5 months ago? Was that so long ago?

Hyunah: Remember! Don't restrain yourself from using the "F" word!

Yubin: Huh?

Hyunah: For your rap competition, Yub! Even better....Use the 'MF" word! LOL!"

And then Hyunah just went on and on giving me tips like a rap expert.

"But most importantly, don't forget yourself. Don't forget your strength!"

"Rap is about creating meaningful lyrics with rhyme and flow. Use your creative idioms and metaphors to good use."

Gosh, Hyunah, since when did you switch from vocalist to a rap advisor? I decided to text that question and after some time, I got this reply.

"That was not me, Yub...It was Sungbin."

Yubin: How can you just let him use your phone like that?

Hyunah: He snatched it away. We are at rehearsals and he knew I was texting you and playfully snatch the phone from me. Sorry.

Yubin: Tell him to call me with his own phone if he got the balls!

Like, how could he just take her phone in the middle of our conversation and text me pretending to be Hyunah? I did not have time for this nonsense as I needed to get to work on my first track battle mission.

Sadly, on the day of that mission, I messed up. Yeah, thanks to my first-person-to-go nerves. What made me feel worse was that eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter