REBOOT

Are You Mine 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"NO!"

So that was the quick answer I got from Hyunah when I related to her on the phone the whole story of my meeting with Sungbin and his asking favor to get her to explain to his girlfriend on the hair issue.

 "Is he crazy to ask you to ask me? He could have asked my directly!" she added.

"Yeah, but would you do him that favor if he asked you directly?" I asked her.

"Not really..." she admitted.

"Anyways, I'm not gonna stand in your way of your decision." I told her. "Help him or not, it's none of my business."

"So I guess your meeting with him did not end well, eh?" she dared to ask.

"Thanks to you I had to go to meet him in the first place."

"Aww...babe. I'm sorry.." she apologized.

It was a good thing if you think of it. Somehow, I felt like I was so much more done with him than ever after that meeting. I wouldn't blame Hyunah if she decided to help that poor soul in getting his girlfriend back too.

I also did not hear from Sungbin for weeks after that and Hyunah also told me she did not hear from him as well and guessed that she did not have to do him that favor in the end. Which meant that Sungbin did not owe me anything, right? Awesome!

I was anyway too busy with my girls on the comeback preparations I did not realized that time had passed so fast. Finally, the girls and I had all of our self-composed songs in the long-awaited Wonder Girls' REBOOT album. It was a major feat for us. Something we worked our asses off for. I actually had 6 songs to my credit and that was a huge achievement for me since it was always Yeeun with the most credits in our past albums.

So while we were having dinner after practice one night, the girls talked about future plans. And mine in particular.

"Well, unnie, now that you have your name credited in like half of the album ." Sunmi added. "I say you should release a solo soon after our comeback."

I shook my head. "I don't know, Mi. I have already used up 101% of my energy on our album I don't think I have the capacity to produce another album so soon."

"You are acting like an old ahjumma. unnie!" Yeeun scolded me. "Remember how I worked for my solo album? If I can do it, so can you. You just need to tell PD-nim you are ready and I know he will support you on it."

"Well, even so, I don't think I will get any hype from the public since I was kinda 'dead' to the public for 2 years..." I shrugged.

"In that case, you should be proving yourself back from the dead, right?!" Yeeun said and then Sunmi excitedly added.

"Yeah, you wrote BACK for a reason, right? You just need to showcase your skills somehow. By the way, have you been checking our JYPE group chat?!" Sunmi then took her phone to remind me of from a group chat we had with the JYPE A&R team when we were finalizing the REBOOT album. The chat was full of encouragements from the managers asking me to join a popular rap competition show.

"BACK is daebak! Yubin is missing out if she's not on Show Me the Money or Unpretty Rapstar!"

"Unpretty Rapstar is auditioning for Season 2 now. I say Yubin should give it a shot!"

"Yeah, just do it, Yub!"

"Don't worry about JY, the A&R team supports you in this! Go for it, Yubin!"

I knew everyone had high hopes for me and I was happy yet a little worried.

Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter