All that Diss

Are You Mine 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why did I always have to bump into my judges before I actually met them on the show? It was like some kind of weird coincidence.  First was with Jessi, whom I was ok to see her on the show since we clicked well, but then I ended up losing the track. And now this chance meeting with new judges, Dok2 and The Quiett? I somehow had a bad feeling about this! You know, like that superstition that a bride should not let her groom see her in her gown before the big wedding day or else bad luck would come upon their marriage? Urgh!! Was I gonna lose this track as well?! This !! Why did I have to go to Illionaire to see Sungbin? And no thanks to Sungbin for warning me of his bosses' merciless judging.

It also did not help when the next assignment given to the unpretty rapstar contestants was the dreaded diss battle missions. It was the mission I most want to avoid! But what choice did I have since this was an inevitable mission expected in the show? And why did I have to get Hyorin as my opponent? It was so obvious it was a devious ploy made by the network station to pit 2 idols against each other! I knew it was all for the ratings! I was chatting with Yezi after the recording of the oppponents’ selection and I asked her how she was going to diss a kid from a powerful agency without the worry of offending those YG fans and hurting the kid.

"Unnie, I already told Sua I would go hard on her and she should never take offence of my diss. She understood and everyone know it’s all for show. C'mon, if we worry about our idol image, we shouldn't be in this show in the first place." she told me.

"I'm just glad I'm not facing you for the diss mission, Yezi." I laughed.

"Yeah, good thing we aren't facing our line of friends in the diss mission. But then again if we do face each other, we would already know we won't take it to heart." Yezi added.

True! And yeah, I kind of had naturally formed that nice friendship line with Yezi, Gilme, KittiB and Soomin. It was a pity we lost our Soomin in the livestream battle last week. She was a great performer but became the victim of sacrifice.

"Sigh...I'm really stressed thinking how I should diss Hyorin. Are you going to bring out YG on Sua?" I asked Yezi.

Yezi nodded. "That's the thing everyone's expecting me to diss Sua anyway. Perhaps you could diss Hyorin unnie on her trying to be on every survival show? Anyway, you are good at word play. You should be able to nail it, unnie."

Thanks for the encouragement, kiddo. Yezi might be a strong rival but she was a strong ally as well. We got quite close after we worked together for 2 missions and had been sharing opinions and tips with each other ever since.

Unfortunately, I guessed I disappointed Yezi because I lost to Hyorin in the diss battle. Yeah, probably that dreaded First-person-to-go nerves again I guessed that made me mess up my lyrics. When Hyorin did not make any mistake, I fumbled on some lyrics. Then there was The Quiett and Dok2 as the judges whom I feared! Then again, Yezi was not too disappointed in me because I actually made a little wordplay tribute to her and her group, Fiestar. A wordplay that our judges were unlikely able to catch it because they were probably unfamiliar with Yezi and her group. Oh well, I only prayed I was not going to get eliminated now.

The elimination round was nerve-wrecking as I faced the judges who got to choose who to save. Dok2 saved an unexpected Sua who could not do 70% of her lines when Yezi ate her up in the diss battle. I guessed Dok2 was giving YG face. So my fate lay in the hands of The Quiett. It was now left with Gilme, Jiyoon and me after The Quiett saved Heize first. Damn it, I was starting to worry now. I knew it was a 50-50 chance of me surviving this elimination round. Gilme unnie forgot some lyrics like I did but I felt she killed Truedy with some great diss lines. Jiyoon made no lyrical mistake at all in her battle and to me, she should have been t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter