Private Talk

Are You Mine 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So....what do you want me to reply him?” Hyunah asked.

I stopped at a red light and took that moment to consider. First of all, what did Sungbin want to talk about in private? And why me? Did he think he could get back with me? And just a day after he broke up with his girlfriend? Did he not understand what I went through the last time already??

“Yub?” Hyunah called me.

“Wait. I’m still thinking …”

“I mean, the light is green already and I’m sure the driver at the back is not gonna be happy if you don’t move.” She reminded me.

“Oh right..” I quickly drove on.

“Tell you what! I’ll decide for you..” Hyunah announced as she went on to type on my phone and read out. “OKAY, oppa!”

Was she serious? I had not decided yet! “Hyunah!” I waved my hand to try to grab the phone from her and she obediently handed me the phone.

I did a quick check and indeed she hit “send” already.

“Sigh…” I shook my head.

“You said you are OVER him, right? So I’m sure you could at least talk to him as a friend.” My decision-making BFF advised.

“I hope that’s all to it too..”

“Do you think he wants to get back with you?”

“I really hope not. I’m not going back to that roller coaster relationship with him again.”

“Babe, I’m on your side with whatever decisions you are going to make.” She assured me.

Just then another text came in and this time I spared her from helping me check it.

Sungbin: Can you come by my apartment tonight at 11?

Right, of course it would be the apartment.

Yubin: Sure!

I did not waste time in replying and it was mostly cool Yubin in possession. Since Hyunah had turned me into a friendly ex with that casual text reply, I might as well continue that persona.

====

Sungbin’s new apartment was more luxurious and bigger than his old one but it was also because Steve was sharing the place with him. When I arrived at the apartment, Steve was conveniently absent.

"He's out with his girlfriend." Sungbin told me as I wondered aloud on Steve's whereabouts.

 “So…what’s up?” I asked casually.

“Care for a drink?” he did not answer my question as he opened his fridge to grab a can of beer.

Even when I was confident a can of beer was not going to get me drunk, I rejected it.

“How about wine?” he offered.

Nope, no can do too. I shook my head. “Tea would be fine, oppa. I’m driving.”

“I’m not gonna get you drunk, Yub!” Sungbin chuckled.

And then I realized something…

“Have you been drinking?” I asked as I could smell the strong stench of alcohol from his mouth.

“Not much..” he shook his head.

“How much is not much?” I looked around the place and found dozens of empty beer cans on the coffee table in the living room. “Gosh, oppa!”

“Yub, I’m fine!” he insisted, as he passed me a can of beer.

“Yeah, you are fine but couldn’t even make me tea?!” I rebuked.

“One beer is not gonna get you drunk, Yubin! As if I don’t know you well enough.”

I decided to cut the chase.

“Are you drowning your sorrows over a break-up?” I finally blurted out.

Sungbin stared at me and guessed. “Steve told you?”

"Yes." I admitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter