His History

Monday was Us

After Gary finished packing his things, he bid his goodbyes to the members and left. Ji Hyo who went out to run some errand was not present at that time so she did not know that Gary has already left. But luckily for her,she returned a few minutes after he left and got the information that he left, she quickly try to catch up with him so that she could try and get the reason from him. 

"Yah! Kang Gary! Jakkaman!" Ji Hyo yelled after seeing a familar figure leaving the school gates. Gary which heard a familar voice yelling at him, was curious to who was calling him and turned around to take a look. To his surprise, it was Song Ji Hyo that was calling him. He stood there and waited for that girl. Ji Hyo who saw that he paused in his steps, quickly took the chance to speed up to catch up with him. "Wae?" Gary asked after she catched up with him. "I want to, huff, ask you something. Huff, do you have, huff, some time to spare?" Ji Hyo asked, huffing away due to the exhaustion of catching up with him. "Ermmm, I guess I have some time to spare before heading to the bus terminal." Gary replied awkwardly. "Great, let's head to the cafe to talk." Ji Hyo replied after finally catching her breath. "Keurae." Gary said.

Upon reaching the cafe, they headed to the most secluded seats to talk as they don't want other students to gossip about them hanging out privately outside of school hours without the other members. After ordering their drinks, they sat down there awkwardly while waiting for their drinks to arrive. When the drinks arrived, they finally started to talk.

"What do you want to talk about?" Gary ask, since Ji Hyo said she wanted to ask him something. "Oh, that. It's about the reason behind your absence for the next two days. I hope you don't mind telling me." Ji Hyo asked after he question her. "Ah, about that, as I said it is some family matters, nothing else." Gary answered. "I don't think the school would just let you be absent for two days without specific reason behind your family matter. Plus the others notice that you will be absent on the dates of the next two days. I am just curious." Ji Hyo asked again after not getting the reason she wanted to know. She is always like this, she will ask you again and again until sh gets what she wants. "Must I really tell you?" Gary asked, his voice breaking a bit. "Well, that's what I want to know so please?" Ji Hyo told him, totally unaware of the difference in his voice. "Okay then I shall tell you, but please don't tell anyone else because I trust you." Gary stated after hearing her determination to know the reason. "Keurae. I shall never ever tell anyone about it. And thank you for trusting me, because I know you don't really trust others easily." Ji Hyo said,slightly happy that she can get the reason she wants to know.

"Okay then let me start my story. I am born in a well-to-do family. I have a older brother called Hee Jun that is 4 years older then me, even though there is a 4 year between us, we are really close. He gave me my nickname,"Gary". He thought me how to box and compose music. We were a happy family until the tragedy happened that took away his life together with my omma's. It was 2002,the 18th of January, it was Hee Jun's Hyung 18th Birthday, we were heading to a restaurant to celebrate it without my appa because he was away for his business. While heading to the restaurant, suddenly a loud screeching sound was heard, it was a car screeching sound, and the sound was heading towards our direction. Our omma who saw the source of the sound heading towards us, quickly pushed the two of us, my hyung and me off the pavement that we were walking on and got hit by the car herself. The both of us were shock from what happened in front of our very own eyes. Suddenly the car reversed and was heading towards our direction as if the driver was commanded to kill one of us. It came in an incredible speed, Hee Jun hyung who snap out of his mind earlier, saw the car coming, pushed me away and got hit by the car. He flew a few metres away due to the impact. After everything happened, the car drove away as quickly as it can. I quickly rushed to Hee Jun hyung's side after I snapped out of it. "Hee Jun hyung, Hee Jun hyung," I said while crying because I was afraid, afraid of losing him because I knew that my omma was gone already. "Gary yah, Gary yah, hyung is very tired, hyung wants to sleep," Hee Jun hyung said with much difficulty. "Hee Jun hyung, hyung don't sleep! Hyung cannot sleep! Hyung have to stay awake, we haven't celebrated your birthday yet! Hyung, you have finally became an adult! We need to celebrate it so hyung! Jebal! Jebal! Don't fall asleep!" I shouted to keep his attention so he wouldn't fall asleep as I know that I will lose him if he falls asleep. "Gary yah, hyung really really tired, hyung needs to sleep." Hee Jun hyung kept saying. "Hyung, Hee Jun hyung, don't fall asleep we still have a lot of thung that we have yet to do together. Hyung we need to celebrate your birthday, your 18th birthday. You are an adult now, we need to celebrate it! Hyung don't fall asleep! Jebal! Jebal! I beg you! Someone help! Someone please save my hyung!" I cried. "Gary yah, Hee Gun yah, just rememer that hyung jeongmmal, jeongmmal saranghanda you. Hyung will always be in your heart." Hee Jun hyung said while trying his best not to sleep. "Hyung nado jeongmmal jeongmmal saranghanda hyung! Jebal! Jebal! Don't fall asleep!" I yelled my lungs out at that point of time. It was as if Hee Jun hyung was waiting for me to say that before he leaves the world, after hearing what I said, he went limped. "Hee Jun hyung!" I was screaming and yelling his name while holding him tightly. After breaking down for a while, exhaustion took over me, darkness engulfed me as I passed out. After that tragedy, I became cold, I was never the old Kang Hee Gun again. I became the cold Kang Gary, I ignored people, I don't give my trust easily to people again because the person that killed my omma and hyung was my hyung's closest friend and buddy that he trust the most. It make me not trust people again. After that, appa and my relationship took the worst turn, he did not turned up at the funeral because he said that that business was very important and couldn't leave. Since then, I became a cold boxer because I think of my opponents as my appa and the murderer, the songs that I wrote too, became dark. Nothing has light in it, everything around me are darkness besides Team Running. Those two dates, I keep myself away from the world, I trap myself in the dark world. The world created from the tragedy. I hated birthdays of mine as I think I don't deserve to celebrate it since my hyung also didn't get to celebrate his. For those two days, I would go to the countryside where my omma and hyung are buried and stay there. Trap myself in those memories of the tragedy." Gary said, when he was talking about the tragedy, tears streamed down his cheeks but when he talked aout the aftermath, it was as if a devil took over him, his tears stopped flowing, it dried up and his tone became firecer and firecer.

After hearing his story, Ji Hyo got reminded of her past. "I guess we share the same fate." She said.

 

 

They share the same fate? What does Ji Hyo mean? What past does Ji Hyo have?