Pain

Monday was Us

"What are you doing here?" Gary asked calmly while sipping a sip of his caramel macchiato but the look on his face was the complete opposite of his tone. His face showed was full of anger and hatred.

"Your boxing coach called me and informed me that you got injured and got admitted to the hospital. I came to see if you were okay." Gary's father, Kang Jun Hyung said in a fatherly tone. "Oh, please just drop yuor act! You never cared about us ever since you became CEO! You missed your wife and son's funeral for your company! You call that care?" Gary replied sarcastically after hearing what his father said. "Like I told you before I can't get the plane back and it was a very important meeting, it could cost me to lose the company if I don't go for the meeting." His father replied, trying to calm himself as much as possible. "What's more important than your wife and son? Money, fame and name? Then why did you even bother coming here in the first place? For media purposes? Huh!" Gary replied angrily when he heard his father's lame excuse for missing his omma and hyung's funeral. Finally, Kang Jun Hyung has reached his limits, he exploded:"Yea. You're right! I'm here for the media purpose! I was acting like that because your coach begged me over the phone to do it! You know, being here, I'm wasting my precious time that I could be earning more money!" Despite hating his father, his heart still hurt after hearing what his father said right in front of his face. It stills hurts as deep inside his heart, there was still hope that his father would return back to his original father he had when he was young, the caring and loving father. "You think I would be here wasting my time for you? Dream on! Wait for a  million years!" His father shouted. The nurses that was passing by, was shocked to hear shouting, and was curious to know what was going on inside the ward. But they couldn't saty as it was the VVIP wards, and the patient's privacy was not to be disturbed so they just left. "You still haven't learned your lesson? You never experience the pain of losing someone you loved dearly right? Am I right!" Gary shouted back at his father, he felt that his tears were already welling up, but he held them back. Gary has once made a vow to himself that he shall not show a single tear of hiss in front of his heartless father. "Losing close ones are not as pain as when you lose something like your fame, name and money." His father just replied. 

"You never regarded us as your family right? Right! You took us for granted, so losing omma and Hee Jun hyung meant nothing to you! We had hopes that you would change! But I doubt it will ever happen! You lost yourself in the name, fame and money! Losing them didn't have as much pain to you as compared to losing your money, fame and name! You let all of us down! Especially omma, she lost her life while trying to make up the loss you had for us!" Gary shouted. His heart felt very pain while shouting those things. His tears were already threatening to fall as he said those words. "I didn't ask her to make it up to you guys, it was her own problem that she lost her life while trying to make up the loss. I didn't need to make up for the losses because money does it all. All I need was money to make it up." His father replied sarcastically. "Don't think that money can make up to everything! It doesn't! You never knew what day it was right? That day that tragedy took place? It was Hee Jun hyung's birthday! You caused hyung's birthday to become his death day! You were the cause of everything! Everything!" Gary yelled. But it didn't did any effect on Kang Jun Hyung. "You abandoned your family for work! You abandoned us for fame! For money! For name! Hee Jun hyung, didn't even tried to hate you for the pain you caused him until his very last breath! Omma didn't blame you for anything, she tried to make it up to us for you instead! You ruined my childhood, you caused me to have this painful, dark past! You caused me to lose my omma and hyung! You caused me to lose myself after that tragedy! You! You! You!" Gary shouted out loud. Gary couldn't bear it anymore, he had to let it all out. He kept it in for all this years, hoping it could be erased as time passes, but the appearance of his father and all the things he said, just made it all come back to him once again. After hearing Gary's continuously blaming him for nothing, Kang Jun Hyun was really pissed off,he couldn't take it anymore, he raised his hand and slapped Gary on his right cheek. When he was being slapped, tear drops flew out. After the slap, Kang Jun Hyung said:" Family doesn;t mean anything to me at all, in the beginning, there should be no family at all, it was just a foolish move I did causing all this unwanted trouble to arise. To me, family is nothing but a useless burden, a very useless burden that I should have never take in the first place. And you adn the others are just the useless things in the burden, luckily, two of them are gone and you should have been gone together with them. Then I wouldn't have this burden of family anymore, but you just didn't. I should have let you go with them earlier, to save all this unwanted problems." When he was done talking, he turned his back and headed towards the door. Before he left the ward, he said:' You are a worthless piece of junk." He then slammed the door and left.

After his father left, Gary held his right cheek, he then broke down. Those words that his father said, were playing in his mind like a broken radio, repeating again and agin. Gary's heart felt as if a thousand of knives just stabbed right through it. It was broken, it was bleeding continuously just like how his tears were flowing down his cheeks. All he could feel was pain, the pain from his cheeks, the pain from his right shoulder, the pain from his head, and the worse pain he was feeling was the pain from his heart. It hurts a lot to hear someone you love a lot, to tell you things that were hurt you a lot. He beared all the pain he felt over the years, he beared the pain he felt whenever he goes to his omma and hyung's tombstone during their anniversaries. But what his father just said in front of him earlier, has exceeded his limits. Gary can't take it anymore. He has to let it all out. While crying, he slowly curled himself into  a ball and just laid there and continue crying.

After sitting at the cafe for a about half and hour, the duo decided to head back to Gary's ward as they think that the father-and-son should have finished their talk. As they were approaching Gary's ward, they heard someone crying loudly and it sounds like Gary. They quickly quicken their paces to the ward. When they opened the door, they saw Gary, all curled up in one ball, crying. "Hyung, Gary hyung, what happened?" Haha asked worriedly while hugging Gary after seeing the state that Gary was. "Dong Hoon ah, wae? Why does it hurt so much? Wae!" Gary yelled while crying. Ji Hyo and Haha were really confused by the situation and did not know what to do. They just stayed in their positions for a while and slowly, Gary's crying soften and suddenly his body went limped. "Hyung! Gary hyung! Ji Hyo ah! Quickly call a doctor!" Haha shouted frantically after Gary suddenly faint. Ji Hyo quickly ran out of the room and frantically called for a doctor.

 

 

 

What would happen to Gary? What would the others do to help Gary?