Hurt

Monday was Us

Despite being told not to go for his practice, Gary being himself, would still go for his practice, turning all those words that others say into deaf ears. To him now, every single practice was important. He needs to win the upcoming matches to keep his current champion title. It is always important for the boxers, because it is those other boxers' chance to win the champion title and for the current champion to keep the title. Gary has been practicing for 10 years since he was 6. On this very special 10th year, he finally won the champion title. This means a lot to him as this was what he has been working towards to for 10 whole years. He saw how hard his Hee Jun hyung protected his title but all became nothing to others when he passed away. Although it was nothing for others, it meant a lot to Gary. His Hee Jun hyung was his role model for almost everything he was doing. He gave Gary the motivation to almost everything he did. Boxing, composing of songs and many other things. When Hee Jun hyung was gone, Gary made a note to himself to work extra harder to be the best of all the things that he was doing so that he can make up to all the things he owned him. He didn't get the chance to repay him before he left so he wanted to do everything he was doing to the best so that he could repay him as he knows that his Hee Jun hyung is watching over him, he knows what he was doing. Gary was thus even more motivated to protect his title so that he could be like his Hee Jun hyung.

During his practice, Gary's right shoulder was aching more than ever. But he ignored the pain and placed his 100% focus on his practice. Little did he know that he was showing the pain he was experincing on his face. His Coach, who was watching Gary for the whole time, knew that something was wrong with Gary because during his break time in between practice, he would be massaging his right shoulder all the time. "Hee Gun ah, you want to end practice earlier so you can have a rest? It seems like your right shoulder is not in shape today, not to mention your face, you look kind of pale. You not feeling well today?" His Coach asked Gary during his break time. "Coach-nim, I'm alright. Can you help me find someone to practice a mock match with me? I'm really alright, don't worry." Gary reassured his coach after looking at his coach's worried face. "Arraso, during the mock match if you are really not feeling well, tell me immediately." His Coach warned him. "Arraso, arraso. Quickly get me an opponent." Gary said confidently. After a while, his coach managed to find him someone his level to practice with and the mock match began.

After just the first round of the mock match, agony could be seen clearly all over Gary's face. "Hee Gun ah, let's stop now. You're not in shape!" His Coach told him. "Coach-nim, gwenchana, I'm fine." After saying those words, Gary walked towards his opponent and they started another round. His Coach watching outside the ring, had a really bad feeling that something bad was about to happen but he just can't do anything because after being Gary's coach for 10 years, he knew Gary very well. He saw how this boy changed after his hyung's death. Before his hyung passed away, he was not so competitive and stubborn. But his hyung's death caused a huge impact in him. He changed, it was a very big change that took place, he became very competitive and stubborn, now that he became the champion, it got worse. His competitive strike was even stronger and he became more stubborn during training. So he didn't know what must he do to stop this boy. While he was thinking on what to do to stop the boy, suddenly he heard someone collasping in the ring. He snapped out of his mind and saw that Gary was curled up into a ball in the boxing ring and he was grabbing onto his right shoulder, perspiration was dripping down his face and he was groaning loudly. He immediately went onto the ring and hold Gary ontot his lap. "Hee Gun ah! Hee Gun ah! Where are you hurting?" He asked worriedly. "Jong Kook hyung... Jong Kook hyung..." Gary said weakly before passing out. "Hee Gun ah! Hee Gun ah!" His coach yelled, shaking Gary's body trying to get Gary to wake up. " Call an ambulance! And someone go find Kim Jong Kook!" His coach yelled. Immediately, one of the boxers in the practice room whipped out his mobile phone and dialled for an ambulance. While another boxer sprinted out of the room and quickly rushed to Team Running's room to call Jong Kook and inform him about Gary. 

Kim Jong Kook's POV

Why do I have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen to Gary during his practice? Am I just being paranoid or what? "Kim Jong Kook! Kim Jong Kook! Are you paying attention to the lecture or are you daydreaming in class?" My lecturer, Mr Lee's voice snapped me back to reality. Indeed, I am daydreaming again. Haisssh! "Joesonghabnida." I apologised while bowing to Mr Lee. After apologising to Mr Lee, the lecture continued but was soon interrupted by a furious knocking on the door. "Aish... Why is my lecture being disturbed so much today?" Mr Lee said while walking towards the door. "What is it that you need to keep knocking on the door so furiously?" Mr Lee asked the person at the door angrily. "I am looking for Jong Kook hyung, Kim Jong Kook. I have something very important to tell him." The person said, after hearing the person's voice, I immediately recognised it was Kwang Soo but this time, he seems kind of in a hurry and flustered. "Kim Jong Kook, someone is looking for you." Mr Lee called. I immediately sprang up of my seat and walked towards the door, as I was approaching the door, I felt more and more worried, it was as if something bad has happened. As soon as I saw Kwang Soo's face when I reached the door, I knew something was wrong. "Kwang Soo yah... What happened?" I asked nervously, in my heart, I was afraid of his answer, it was as if it was going to be a bad answer that I would be getting. "Jong Kook hyung, Gary hyung... Gary hyung, he got injured during practice and fainted afterwards. He is now being sent to the hospital and before he faint he kept calling your name so one of the seniors there came to thee room and find you but you were not around so I came and find you." Kwang Soo replied nervously. After hearing his words, I immediately lost myself. I grabbed tightly onto his slim wrists and demanded him to quickly bring me to the hospital where Gary was sent to. He just quickly dragged me along and bought me to the hospital. Kang Hee Gun ah! Kang Hee Gun ah! You better be okay or else how am I going to answer to Hee Jun hyung! Kang Hee Gun ah!

 

 

 

What relationship does Jong Kook have with Gary's hyung, Kang Hee Jun?Why does it seems like the 2 of them are very close? Is there something that Gary does not know about the 2 of them? What happened to Gary? How did he get injured? Will he be alright?

,