Place

Monday was Us

When Ji Hyo arrived at the countryside, it was around noon already. Her stomach started to rumble, so she went to the nearby restuarant to have her lunch. When she entered the restuarant,she saw a familiar back. Curious to know who was it, she went forward and take a look, and discovered it was Kang Gary. "Kang Gary!" She yelled as Gary seemed absorbed in his own world and didn't notice her pressence.

Kang Gary's POV

"Kang Gary!" A familiar voice yelled at me. I snapped out of my own world. I was thinking about writing a new song, a new song about what I just found out yesterday. I reached here in the mid of the morning so I thought maybe in the afternoon then I'll go to where omma and Hee Jun hyung are buried to pay my respect. And spend the rest of the morning writing a new song which I will ususally do when I'm here.

"Oh, what are you doing here Song Ji Hyo? I thought you have to go to school?" Gary asked after snapping out of his mind and noticing Ji Hyo. "I figured that I can't focus on anything after telling you my past so I decided to come here where I always come if I'm feeling down or stressed. Didn't expect you to be here since you said you are going to the countryside to pay respect to your hyung and omma." Ji Hyo said after Gary replied her. "But this is the countryside that I am talking about." Gary replied. "Oh jinja?" She exclaimed, slightly surprised that the countryside that they were talking about yesterday was this countryside. They share too much in common! "What kind of fate does both of us have? Anymore after this?" Ji Hyo thought to herself in her mind, and let out a smile. "Yah, what are you thinking about?" Gary asked after seeing Ji Hyo smiling for nothing. "Huh? Oh, Nothing." Ji Hyo replied after snapping out of her mind and realised that Gary had caught her. "What are you doing here now, I thought you said that you are going to pay your respect to your omma and hyung?" Ji Hyo asked. "I'm going to have lunch here while thinking of writing a new song before heading there. I was thinking of the new song when you came and distur my thoughts." Gary said. "Mianhe." Ji Hyo apologised for what she did. "Gwenchana." Gary said, feeling kind of uncomfortale because this is the first time he heard her apologising to someone moreover him, himself. After they were done asking the questions, they had their lunch there at the restaurant, and both of them were about to head to their individual destination when Gary asked:"Song Ji Hyo, wanna join me in going to pay my respect to my omma and hyung?" Hearing his question, Ji Hyo was taken aback, the others already said he don't trust others easily, moreover they just got close yesterday."Ah... keurae?" She replied. "Keurae, kaja." Gary said.

After taking a bus for 20 minutes and a short walk, the both of them reached a isolated part of the countryside. Although it was isolated, it was a very great place to be at, there were flowers blooming greatly and it was peaceful there, the air there was totally different from those we breath in everyday, it was very refreshing. Being there itself was great as the air is refreshing, the view was great, it cna make one forget about all the stress and unhappiness one has. "It's amazing right?" Gary asked. "Yea. Gomawo, for introducing such a place to me." Ji Hyo said. "Keurae, you relax here, I'll go meet my omma and hyung." Gary said, before Ji Hyo could say anything, Gary sped off to the deeper part of the area. "Kang Gary, jakkaman!" Ji Hyo yelled while running to catch up with Gary. After chasing him for a while, she finally saw his back, she slowed down her pace and catch her breath while walking towards him. As she got closer, when she saw the picture of his hyung and omma, she felt a sense of familiarity towards the two of them. It was like they were someone that she had met before or know them for a long time. She tried to remember about why she find the two face so familiar to her, but she just couldn't. In the meantime, Gary was paying his respect to them, he was thinking of those memories that he had of his hyung and omma, he already forgotten the voice of his omma, the woman that loved him the most. Suddenly, it struck him that there was something that his omma had told him to do when he was young, but it was forgotten and whenever he returned here and would want to do it. Which in the end would be forgotten because of all the things that he has in his mind. It was to go to the orphanage here and visit the orphans like what his omma and hyung do when they were still alive, back then because he was too young so they never brought him along once. Now when he was all grown up, and wanted to go with them, it would never take place. When he was about to head back to where he left Ji Hyo and go to the orphanage, he turned around and saw her there, he waas surprised because he never noticed her pressence like just now at the restuarant. "Yah, Song Ji Hyo, didn't I tell you to stay there! This is my private thing, and I don't want others to be here!" Gary said, slightly raising his voice because he was kind of mad that she followed him there. "Mianhe, I'm afraid to stay there alone despite the nice view. It's too isolated." Ji Hyo apologised."Arraso, next time, please when I tell you not to do something, please just follow as I say or I will really get mad." He warned with a stern tone. "Arraso, mianhe." Ji Hyo apologised while bowing. After that, they headed back to the bus stop to take the bus. 

On the way back, Ji Hyo asked Gary:"Kang Gary, does your family volunteer at the orphanage in this countryside?" "Yea,wae?" Gary replied. "Oh,aniya just asking." She replied. "By the way, I am going to the orphanage here today, you want to tag along?" Gary asked. "Ah... keurae." She replied. "Then kaja, the bus is here." They rushed to catch the bus and headed to the orphange.

 

 

What would happen at the orphanage? Will Ji Hyo be reminded of anything related to the past?