Hyung

Monday was Us

When they reached the orphanage, suddenly an old lady approached them and took Gary's hand and said:"Hee Jun yah, you're alive! Those newspaper must be writing rubbish saying that your omma and you died. But why didn't you guys come and visit the kids? They missed you alot."Eommonim, I'm not Hee Jun hyung," Gary tried to explained but then the old lady interruppted him, "Then who are you and why do you look so much like Hee Junnie?" "Eommonim, I'm Hee Gun, Kang Hee Gun. Not Kang Hee Jun. Hee Jun is my hyung, I am Lee Ji-Hye's youngest son, Kang Hee Gun. I do look alot like my hyung. My omma and hyung passed away four years ago in an acccident." Gary explained to the old lady while holding back his tears upon mentioning the accident. Ji Hyo who was beside Gary, saw that he was trying his best not to let his tears fall while mentioning the accident to the old lady in front of her,felt kind of bad for him. "They can't come anymore but I will take their place in helping those kids." He told the old lady. "Keurae, mian, for mistaking you for your hyung." The old lady said, her voice having guilt and saddness. Ji Hyo sensing the mood was kind of down,tried to lift up the mood. "Kang Gary, didn't you say you want to help those kids, let's go meet them then!" Ji Hyo said with excitement. Those words indeed lifted the mood alot, they then all headed in to meet the kids.

"Hee Jun hyung! Hee Jun oppa! Jun hyung! Junnie oppa!" The kids excitedly yelled Gary's hyung's name thinking that he has returned to visit them again after so long and surrounded Gary. The kids all thought that he was dead but seeing Gary come in, they thought it was all fake, their Hee Jun hyung or oppa wasstill alive and visiting them."Aideul ah, I'm not Hee Jun hyung, I'm his dongsaeng, Hee Gun or Gary." The kids after hearing the voice, immediately knew it was not their Hee Jun hyung or oppa, his voice was deeper."Hyung, where did Hee Jun hyung go? Why doesn't he visit us anymore? He forget us already or he don't like us anymore?" One boy around 8-9 years old asked Gary. "Aniya, Hee Jun hyung didn't forget you guys or don't like you guys anymore so he didn't visit you guys anymore. He passed away four years ago, so he can't visit you guys again. He missses you guys a lot and wish to visit you guys again but he cannot."  Gary tried to explain to the kids. Some kids after hearing what Gary said, broke down into tears, while others left in shock. So the news was true their Hee Jun hyung or oppa was really gone together with his mother. Seeing the scene in front of him, Gary shed some tears, he was trying his best to hold it back but couldn't anymore. After letting out for a while, he calmed down and composed himself, he thought to himself that he still had to comfort the kids, he couldn't keep crying. Ji Hyo, who was there also, after seeing the kids break down, was also sadddened by the scene and shed some tears too. "Aideul ah, let's not cry anymore shall we? Hee Jun hyung would be sad if he sees you guys cry so much because of him. Didn't he tell you guys that it's okay to cry but we cannot cry too much because it hurts the heart of the person?" He said to the kids. After hearing what Gary said, most of the children calmed down and stopped crying while some still cried but not as bad as just now."Aideul ah, Hee Jun hyung may not be here anymore but Hee Jun hyung ordered me to come and take over him to make you guys happy. If you guys be like this, won't I fail the mission? If I fail the mission, won't Hee Jun hyung feel sad because he ordered me to make you guys happy but instead of making you guys happy,I made you guys even more sadder? He would know because he is with us, watching us as an angel." Gary said and soon after that, all the kids stopped crying and began t o accept Gary as himself instead of his hyung. Seeing the scene, Gary felt happier and said:"Keurae, let's be like this so Hee Jun hyung wouldn't feel sad,arraso?" "Neh!" The kids replied. "Hee Gun hyung,who's that pretty noona there?" Another kid asked about Ji Hyo. "Ah... She is my schoolmate, Song Ji Hyo." Gary replied. "Ah, neh, annyeonghasaeyo, Song Ji Hyo immida. You guys can call me Ji Hyo noona or Ji Hyo unnie. Bangasomida." Ji Hyo greeted the while wiping away the tears she shed earlier. "Annyeonghasaeyo!" The kids greeted her back. "Okay, now that we are done introducing ourselves, you guys neeed to introduce yourself right? Let's go to the games room to introduce yourselves, shall we?" Gary asked. "Keurae!" The kids excitedly replied.

After that, all of them headed to the games room. Then, all the kids took their turns to introduce themselves. There was so many names that was said that the both of them began to mix up the names. Eventually, they finally know all their names and didn't mix it up again. After the introduction was done, they brought the kids out to play, all of them had a wheel of a timt that they forgotten about the time. When they returned back to the orhpanage, it was already 8.30pm, way past the children's dinner time and some even their bedtime for the younger kids. Gary ordered pizza, jajangmyeong, sweet and sour pork for their dinner as a treat for the kids as they rarely get to eat those food because of the fund the orphanage had. When they were done eating, all of them took turns to wash up and headed to bed. It was really late when the two were about to go off so the director of the orphanage who was the old lady from just now offered them to stay overnight there. As they haven't really thought of anything to do, they stay overnight.

Song Ji Hyo's POV

Wow, I never expected that Kang Gary to have such a kind and kiddish side. He was always so serious and so on. Got to see another side of him, impressive. By the way, why does his omma and hyung feel so familiar, did we meet before or were we close? Why can't I remember about it? Is it because of the accident and I lost some of my memories?

Kang Gary's POV

Omma, Hee Jun hyung, I came. They missed you guys alot, especially you Hee Jun hyung. I missed you guys too. Hyung, I never expected you to be so loved by the kids. Wished you were here to wittness all this, you would have felt so proud. Omma, you're gonna be proud of hyung too, right? Now I get why you guys want me to come, all of them are so loveable and cute, although some of them are really cheeky and mischevious. How would you guys feel now if you guys were here with me now? Proud, happy, jealous especially you Hee Jun hyung? Jinjia bogoshipo the two of you! Jeongmal jeongmal sarangheyo hyung! Omma! 

 

 

What would happen next? Why does Ji Hyo find Gary's omma and hyung so familiar? Does Gary have any lost memories that he doesn't know or remember?