Father

Monday was Us

When the ambulance arrived at the hospital, doctors and nurses immediately rushed to attend to Gary, one of the nurses then went towards the paramedic and get Gary's condition. After getting his condition, they immediately sent him to the surgery room for an operation. His Coach who was waiting outside the room was pacing up and down the corridor, worrying about Gary and wondering should he call Gary's father to come. He know that Gary would not have wanted him to come as their relationship after the death of his omma and hyung has became worse. "Should I call or not?" He was thinking in his mind. In the end he decided to call Gary's father, afterall he was his father and he has the right to know about Gary's condition. He then stepped out to make the call.

While Gary's coach stepped outside to call Gary's father, Jong Kook and the rest of Team Running arrived at the hospital. "Where is Kang Hee Gun?!" Jong Kook asked as soon as he reached the enquiry counter. "Ermm... Sir, he is still in operation." The nurse at the counter timidly reply after hearing Jong Kook's question. Before Jong Kook could ask another question,Jae Suk pushed him out of the way and clenched his teeth while asking:"May I know where is the operation theater?" After seeing his face, the nurse immediately told him where it was. They immediately head to the operation theater. While they were walking to the operation theater, they all walked silently, nobody dare say anything, they know that both Jong Kook and Jae Suk were really stressed out after knowing Gary's incident. When they arrived outside the operating theater, Gary's coach just in time returned. "Oh Jong Kook, Jae Suk ah."He greeted them. "Yea, Coach-nim." The two greeted back politely. "Sorry for not taking good care of Hee Gun." His Coach apologised and bowed. "Hyung-nim, you don't need to feel bad. Gary himself is at fault." Jong Kook quickly asked Gary's coach to stand up properly and not reproached himself. After all the drama, Ji Hyo said:"Coach-nim, why don't you head back first, we will stay here and wait for the doctors." Hearing Ji Hyo's suggestion, the others immediately agreed to the suggestion. Hearing all of their suggestion, Gary's coach then agrred to leave first. "Please call me once Hee Gun has woken up." He then left without telling the others that Gary's father was coming.

The doctors came out of the operating theater a few minutes after Gary's coach left.Jong Kook immediately went forward and asked the doctor:"Doctor, doctor how is Kang Hee Gun?" "Kang Hee Gun-sshi tore his right shoulder muscle and it was quite badly tore that it almost snapped. He can't do anything thing related to sports or any movement that requires carrying heavy thing until he recovers. It may take up to a few months for him to recover as his muscle was tore very badly. He is now running a temperature maybe due to the muscle tear and resulting in him fainting just now. Now we would be sending him to his room to rest, he should wake up around an hour or so." The doctors said. "Thank you doctor." Jae Suk said. "Hyung, what are we going to do? How are we going to tell him?" Haha asked. "I will tell him myself, he listens to me better." Jong Kook said.

After a while, Gary was sent to his ward. When the members saw Gary lying on the hospital bed, eyes shut close, face looking all pale and look so weak while lying on the bed, their hearts broke a little. Their strong leader that will always be there for them when they have tough time, now collasped and is lying weakly on his bed while all of them can't do anything to help him but just stand by him. They all felt useless during that moment. After waiting for a few hours, Gary finally woke up. All of them quickly scurried over and help him out. "Hyung, Dong Hoon ah, Eun Hye ah, Kwang Soo, Suzy yah, Song Ji Hyo. I scared you guys right? Mianhe." Gary apologised as soon as he saw all their worried faces. "Hyung, you don't need to feel apologetic towards us, just get well soon." Kwang Soo said. "Gary ah, hyung has somthing to tell you." Jong Kook started to say slowly, he was afraid he will cause harm to Gary if he announced the news so fast. "Hyung, I know it's about my shoulder right? I guess I wouldn't be boxing for a while?" Gary said. "Gary ah, you don't have to worry too much, if you do as the doctor says, you will recover faster then you would be boxing again." Jae Suk said after hearing what Gary said, he hope that could lighten the mood a bit but failed. "Hyung, I know. I know this would happen the moment I feel my muscle tearing in the boxing ring. It's alright, I can take a break from boxing for a while." Gary said, he knew what was coming the moment he felt his muscle tearing in the ring. "I deserved it anyways." He thought to himself. After Gary spoke, there was an awkward silence in the room. "Dong Hoon ah, can you go downstairs to the cafe and get me a caramel macchiato?" Gary asked Haha. "Keuraeyo hyung, I will be right back." Haha replied after getting the request from Gary. "Hyung-nims, Eun Hye yah, Kwang Soo yah, Suzy yah, go back first, you guys have lectures to attend to don't you?" Gary said after Haha left. "Gary ah, we are fine to miss one lecture. You are more important than all those lectures that we have." Suk Jin said after hearing Gary asking them to leave for their lecture. "Hyung, your studies are more important than me besides, I have Dong Hoon and this Song Ji Hyo to look after me. Are you worried that something would happen with them around?" Gary said after getting the reply from Suk Jin. "If you insist on us leaving then we shall leave then." Eun Hye said and dragged the rest out and left the hospital.

After a few minutes since the rest left the hospital, Haha returned to Gary's ward with the caramel macchiato Gary ordered and there was someone behind him. It was Gary's father, Kang Jun Hyung. "Gary hyung, I've returned and your appa is here." Haha said as he opened the door to Gary's room. Hearing his father has came, Gary's facial expression immediaely changed from the peaceful on ehe had earlier to one with anger and hatred on it. Ji Hyo, who was sitting on the chair next to Gary's bed daydreaming, immediately shot up from her seat after hearing what Haha said. Haha on the other side, entered the room carefully, as he knew Gary's history and was afraid that his hyung would kill him for bringing his father to his room. "Gomawo Dong Hoon ah. Can you and Song Ji Hyo go to the cafe first, when I am done with this man, I'll call you guys to come up." Gary said, his tone was pretty serious which means he really meant what he said and would hate it if anyone disobeys what he just siad. "Arraso hyung, Ji Hyo and I will head downstairs first." Haha replied, he felt relieved to know that he wa safe and just needed to follow whatever his hyung just said so he wouldn't get into more trouble. "Ji Hyo ah, kaja." He called out to Ji Hyo as he saw that she was mong out after hearing what he said and wanted to snap her out of it. Ji Hyo who heard Haha immediately followed him out to the cafe downstairs.

Song Ji Hyo's POV
Why do I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen beetween the father and son? Yah, Kang Gary! Please don't do anything stupid! 

"What are you doing here?" Gary asked calmly while sipping a sip of his caramel macchiato but the look on his face was the complete opposite of his tone. His face showed was full of anger and hatred.

 

 

 

What would happen between the Father and Son?