Change

Hidden

hii :) im sorry that this chapter is a little um badly written but i still hope you'll enjoy the story overall.

 

  Filming ended after 10 grueling hours. Jong Kook's performance that day was not very outstanding, not that he cared. Mumbling his thanks and a quick farewell to the guests, crew and cast, he quickly exited the place. He was tired and could feel a cold coming his way.

  "Oppa," Ji Hyo cried out just as he was about to leave. Jong Kook halted. He waited for Ji Hyo to catch up with him.

  "You're going home now? Why not have dinner with us? It's my treat today you know," Ji Hyo whined and pouted, widening those doe eyes of hers. Jong Kook tore his eyes away.

  "Not today..." he said weakly. At that, Ji Hyo knitted her brows together with concern. Quickly but gently, she placed a palm on Jong Kook's forehead.

  "You're burning up," she murmured softly. Jong Kook exhaled, shutting his eyes and wishing to escape from the painful reality. Great, now he was sick.

  "It's nothing; probably be gone by tomorrow morning," Jong Kook said.

  "Oppa, you are going to take medication when you get home right?"

  "Of course." What a big fat lie, he thought. I don't even have medicine at home.

  Ji Hyo looked disappointed. "Actually, I was planning to announce my new relationship with Chang Joo oppa during dinner today...and i also wanted to express my thanks towards you."

  Jong Kook swallowed, cleared his throat and forced the words out: "It's fine. You don't have to say anything. I'm going now, goodbye Ji Hyo, get home safely.

  With that, he was gone.

 

  "Miss Mong," Jae Suk teased his dongsaeng when the cast were having dinner together at a restaurant. "You're blanking out again. A penny for your thoughts?" Ji Hyo's head snapped back up to see five pairs of eyes staring at her. She swallowed down the rice in and put down her chopsticks.

  "I talked to Jong Kook hyung for a moment before he left." Now she's got all the members' full attention. "He was sick. Fever."

  "But not only that, throughout the whole conversation, he seemed...out of it? Like there were too many things on his mind, but he just couldn't express them."

  At that, the table when silent. After minutes or uncomfortable silence, Jae Suk spoke up. "He's probably thinking about work and stuff. I'll call him later on to ask how he's doing." Jae Suk mentally scolded Jong Kook, standing in the rain that day, what was he thinking? After their dinner, Gary and Kwang Soo went to Jong Kook's apartment since Haha, Jae Suk and Suk Jin had families to get back to.

  "Kwang Soo? Gary? Why are you here?" Jong Kook asked, puzzled. Gary and Kwang Soo looked at their hyung worriedly. Jong Kook was pale and he looked like he had not gotten a wink of sleep at all for the past month.

  "Hyung, how are you feeling? We heard from Ji Hyo that you're sick," Kwang Soo explained.

  "Oh. I'm better now. Go back home to rest, you two."

  "Hyung-nim, are you okay?"

  "I told you that I'm better already."

  "No, as in how are you coping with Ji Hyo?" Kwang Soo asked gently. He saw the change in Jong Kook's face when Ji Hyo was mentioned. Jong Kook set his jaw.

  "I'm happy for her, that she can be together with someone she loves," Jong Kook choked out.

  "Hyung, just tell her," Gary said.

  "Why? So that she can feel bad about herself?" Jong Kook said.

  "But you can't live like this. We miss the old Kim Jong Kook- the one the snaps at us all day and talks for hours and hours. Even the staff members are beginning to notice the change in behaviour," Kwang Soo pleaded. 

  "I know. I'll make sure my personal matters don't interfere with work anymore," Jong Kook replied stiffly.

  "But-" Gary started but got cut off.

  "Go home. Goodnight," Jong Kook said and closed the door. He let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. They were right; his own problems couldn't affect his work.

 

  The next morning, Jong Kook sat up on his bed, ignoring the protests from his aching muscles. He managed to crawl out of bed and to the kitchen to get some asprin for his pounding headache. He shivered a little despite the thick hoodie he had on. Jong Kook did not realise that his mild fever from yesterday would worsen. He had filming today and he definitely could not call in sick. So, being the stubborn man he is, Jong Kook got ready for filming.

  "Kook Jong!" Jae Suk greeted his muscular dongsaeng happily. He frowned at little when he saw how unwell Jong Kook looked. "Are you okay?" Jae Suk touched Jong Kook's forehead and found out he had a high fever. "Jong Kook-ah, you're in no condition to film, go rest and I will help you tell the PD."

  Jong Kook shook his head and mumbled that he would be fine. "Hyung, I'm just going to take a little nap, call me when filming starts, okay?" Jae Suk watched helplessly as Jong Kook walked away. Ji Hyo dating another guy has really wrecked him... Jae Suk thought sadly.