Crashing

Hidden

Ji Hyo woke up the next morning, or afternoon to her ringing phone. She groaned as a pounding headache greeted her, blindly groping about for her phone. 
  " Hello?" she said. Her voice was still raw. 
  "Unnie!" Sun Mi exclaimed. "Wake up already! You need to do something productive instead of sleeping your whole day away." 
  Ji Hyo grumbled and replied: "Why did you call me just to say that? Arrasso arrasso, i'm getting out of bed so you can hang up now! Bye!" Ji Hyo yawned and stretched out her legs. She didn't remeber how she got back to her house, snuggled comfortably in her own bed. The only thing she remembered was staring at the sky with someone-she couldn't remember who. Just as she was about to get out of bed, a blue slip of paper on her nightstand caught her eye. Ji Hyo read its contents. 
  "Ahh, so Jong Kook hyung sent me back last night," she said aloud to no one. "Then i must call him to thank him." And she did. 
  "Oppa, thanks for taking me home last night. I read your note and took the painkillers," Ji Hyo quipped happily. "And also..." her voice trailed off. 
 "Yes?" Jong Kook said. 
  "I was drunk last night...did i do anything or say anything wrong?" Ji Hyo asked uncertaintly. She crossed her fingers and bit her bottom lip. Please say no. Please say no.
  Jong Kook blinked. Nothing else except non-intentionally kissing me and confessing about your crush, he thought. "Of course not! You were completely knocked out by that alchohol!" Jong Kook said instead. He could hear Ji Hyo let out a relaxed breath. 
  "That's good then..." Ji Hyo murmured. The line was silent for a while. 
  "By the way," Jong Kook coughed awkwardly. "Do you have someone you like?" 
  "Why do you ask? Oh no. I said something last night didn't I?" A now very panicked Ji Hyo blurted.
  "Um actually yeah...you sorta said something about this Baek Chang Joo dude, but a crush is not something you need to be embarrassed about!" Jong Kook replied hastily. He strangely wished that Ji Hyo would deny her crush for Baek Chang Joo, and just tell him it was some silly lines she had to memorise for her upcoming drama. But life wasn't a bed of roses and Song Ji Hyo did the opposite of everything you wanted her to do. 
  "Chincha oppa? Okay, i'll tell you then. I've had  a crush on the CEO of my company for some time now, but he just doesn't seem to get the message," Ji Hyo said. Jong Kook swallowed. There was some kind of pain in his chest; one that he couldn't clearly pinpoint. It made him feel... sad, but he just didn't know why. He felt like hanging up on the phone now and erasing those lines from his memory. To rewind time and stop her from saying those words. But still, he put on a lighthearted voice. 
  "Wow, I didn't know that! Do you uh, want me to help you get him?" Jong Kook asked hesitantly. He cursed himself. What was he saying? 
  "Oppa, you would really help me do that? Thank you so much oppa!" Ji Hyo's headache had vanished suddenly. She felt like wrapping her Jong Kook oppa in a bear hug and thank him with millions of chicken s or something. 
  "Of course..." Ji Hyo frowned a little. Jong Kook oppa's voice sounded strained, and was that...sadness she heard? Nah, Ji Hyo brushed the thought away, almost laughing at the ridiculousness of it. Why would Jong Kook oppa be sad? Then she carried on with explaining the details to him, starting from when she had started to have feelings for Baek Chang Joo and so on. 
  Little did she know that one man was standing frozen in his kitchen, listening to his best friend talk about her new love while his world felt like it was crashing down. The worst part: he didn't even know why he felt that way.