Again

Hidden

A month passed and Jong Kook was back to his normal self during and outside of filming. He still teased and fought with Ji Hyo like before, but apologies were made and hugs were exchanged after all that. Jong Kook was somewhat satisfied with gazing at her from afar secretly, always keeping an eye out for her and helping her with anything and everything. The members were, no doubt, supportive of her relationship with Baek Chang Joo; although they would sigh inwardly whenever Ji Hyo talked about him and Jong Kook would look away sadly. Ji Hyo and Chang Joo’s relationship appeared to be strong but that proved otherwise when Ji Hyo came knocking on Jong Kook’s door one night.

 

  “Who knocks on the door this late at night?” Kim Jong Kook grumbled as he squinted at his clock. It was two in the morning and there was incessant knocking on his front door. Blearily, he rolled out of bed, stumbled through the darkness and to the front door.

“Yes?” he asked groggily. The subject of his annoyance stared at him with big; teary eyes and an apologetic look. “Ji Hyo?” Jong Kook said in disbelief. “Come in.”

“Oppa, sorry for barging into your house this late at night, b-but I needed someone,” Ji Hyo stammered.

“Make yourself comfortable, I’ll make some tea; it’ll calm your nerves.”

Ji Hyo sat on the couch tentatively. Jong Kook lived in a nice place; with the modern yet cozy interior. Jong Kook placed the mugs on the coffee table and offered one to Ji Hyo who wrapped her cold hands around it. “What happened?” He asked after a minute. He watched as Ji Hyo’s eyes filled with tears again as she took a deep breath.

“We broke up,” she said bluntly. “He said, that there was someone else, that he didn’t love me anymore.” Ji Hyo started to cry, sparkling tears running down her cheeks. Jong Kook instinctively reached out and rubbed away her tears, bringing her body close to his.

“Ji Hyo-yah,” Jong Kook murmured gently. “You don’t have to talk about it now.”

“No,” Ji Hyo said between sniffles. “I want to; it’ll make me feel better about getting it off my chest. I went to his house today to surprise him. But I found him kissing this woman and he broke up with me right there, saying that his feelings for me had left over time.”

“Do you hate him for doing that to you?”

“Not really. I don’t know.”

They sat on the couch in each other’s arms until Ji Hyo pulled away and straightened herself up. “Thanks,” she said quietly.

“No problem.” Jong Kook flashed a killer smile.

“And by the way,” Ji Hyo said shyly. “Can I stay here for a night? I don’t really want to spend the night alone.”

Jong Kook felt like laughing out loud and pinching her cheeks but bit down on his lips to refrain himself from doing so. How can someone be so cute? He thought. “Of course,” he answered. Jong Kook would sleep on the couch while Ji Hyo would take his bed.

“Jong Kook hyung-nim,” Ji Hyo suddenly said just as she was about to enter his room.

“Yeah?”

“Nice shirt.”

Jong Kook blinked in confusion before remembering that he went to sleep in nothing but boxers.

 

 

Ji Hyo woke up the smell of eggs cooking. Smiling, she trotted out of the room wearing clothes she borrowed from Jong Kook. Her eyes widened when she saw that Jong Kook was preparing a delicious breakfast of toast, eggs and fruits.

“Morning. My clothes look huge on you,” he noted. Ji Hyo stuck her tongue out at him and stole a strawberry.

“Do you have a schedule today?” she asked, already making plans in her mind.

“No, for once,” he replied.

“Let’s go somewhere then…to eat and play. Food and fun are my anti-depressants,” Ji Hyo suggested. Jong Kook grinned as he popped a piece of toast into his mouth.

“What about an amusement park. I haven’t been to one of those in ages,” he said, eyes sparkling in excitement. Ji Hyo nodded enthusiastically.

“And then we can go eat some seafood. I know a fantastic place near my hometown and…” Ji Hyo rambled on and on about the things they were going to eat and do that day while Jong Kook smiled at her. He stared at the beautiful lady in front of him, totally mesmerized by her captivating eyes and musical laugh.