Whisper

Hidden

 "Do you wanna go somewhere?" Jong Kook asked. He tore his eyes away from the road for a moment to take a quick glance at Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo smiled and nodded, not asking anything else. 
  A good twenty minutes later, Ji Hyo found herself climbing up a ladder. She watched as Jong Kook stepped up onto the narrow, wooden platform. He ducked down to enter the medium-sized tree house and Ji Hyo heard him take a deep breath of the fresh air. Ji Hyo paused at the last step, cautious. 
  "Aren't you coming?" Jong Kook looked at her with twinkling eyes. 
  "Where are we?" She asked and stepped into the treeshouse with him. She surveyed her surroundings. The treehouse looked old but not worn down and had a small window. There were two 'doors' to the treehouse and the other one led to a much wider platform with fences surrounding it. Jong Kook was lying on that platform. He patted the empty space beside him and Ji Hyo lay down. 
  "Me and my friends found out about this place in elementary school when we were visiting another friend who lived around here. My friends have probably forgotten about this treehouse but i still come here sometimes," he explained. 
  "The sunset," Ji Hyo murmured as she looked up at the sky. It was washed yellow and orange with faint pink lining the clouds. The sun was a ball of burning fire, half set as the horizon spilt it into half. "It's beautiful."
  Beside her, Jong Kook smiled softly. "Yeah,it is." The pair watched the sunset till it turned dark and a cooling breeze blew gently at them. Jong Kook turned to his right. Ji Hyo had her eyes closed, facial muscles relaxed and lips lifted into a slight smile. She must be sleeping, Jong Kook thought fondly. He chuckled to himself as he watched Ji Hyo sleep. She was beautiful. 
  "I love you." The words slipped out of his mouth before he could react. It was soft, like a secret whispered by the wind only for them to hear. 
  Jong Kook froze. His heart thudded in anxiety. Had she heard that?