Stop-Not

Hidden

Filming dragged out late into the night. By the time the members could head home, it was already 1am in the morning. Jong Kook was more talkative and his fiery temper had come back, to the relief of the members and crew. However, he still had a fever and looked like he was about to collapse in exhaustion. Ji Hyo noticed that he was picking around his food during dinner and grabbed some doughnuts from the refreshment stand for him.

  “Jong Kook hyungnim,” Ji Hyo said. Jong Kook opened his eyes when he heard her voice. He offered her a small smile. “Eat these.” Jong Kook stared at the three doughnuts that were into his hands.

  “Thanks but you know I don’t eat these things,” Jong Kook said, shooting and apologetic look to her. Ji Hyo pouted and Jong Kook felt his heart flutter.

  “Oppa, what you need most right now is sugar. You look as pale as paper! And you didn’t take your medicine like I asked you to, right?”

  “I ran out,” Jong Kook admitted sheepishly. As if he was taking his punishment for lying to Ji Hyo, Jong Kook took a tentative bite of a doughnut. Ji Hyo grinned and took one doughnut.

  “Open your mouth,” she instructed. Jong Kook obediently did so and made some protests when Blank Ji stuffed the doughnut into his mouth. “You eat well,” Ji Hyo cooed like she was talking to a baby. With a giggle, she picked up the other doughnut which was met with muffled protests from her co-star.

  From afar, the members watched their interaction fondly, smiling as Ji Hyo fed more and more doughnuts to the commander who would always give in to his ace.

 

  Jong Kook woke up feeling much better than the day before. He chuckled when he remembered how Ji Hyo had made Gap Jin promise to make sure Jong Kook took his medicine and had a good night’s rest.

  “She was like your wife.” Jong Kook remembered Gap Jin’s grumble with slight amusement. Slowly, he hopped out of bed and washed up, getting a text message from Haha at that time. It read: Hyung, meet me at the I near your house at 11? Jong Kook agreed and changed into nicer clothes before taking a nice stroll to the I. Haha was already there waiting.

  “How are you coping?” Haha asked after they had settled down.

  “Much better,” Jong Kook replied honestly. “It’s a good thing, I should genuinely be happy for her; which I am.”

  “So...are you giving up on her?” Haha asked hesitantly.

  “I’ll always love her, no matter what. And I’ll wait for her. But if we’re not meant to be, then I’ll move on,” Jong Kook answered sincerely.

  But he had no idea how fated him and Ji Hyo were and that they were meant to be together.