One leap of faith

Ugly

The gates were towering over me. What the? How was I supposed to get in?

As if my auntie read my mind, I felt my phone vibrating beside me. I whipped it out and sighed in relief. "Hey aunt, how do I get in?"

"Well-" she began.

I completely ignored her. Someone from the shadows just ran towards the gates, climbed it like a maniac and leaped down from it at the highest peak. 

"Eunsae!" 

"Yes, aunt!" I snapped back to reality. "Sorry, some creep just jumped over the gate."

"Oh." She said. "It must be Kai."

"What?" I questioned her mentality. She was okay with people jumping over her fences like that? Why didn't she just leave the gates unlocked them? Everyone can sneak in and out.

"Who do you think you're calling a creep?" A man emerged from the darkness and stood in the lamplight. He unveiled his hood, revealing his face. I gaped at it. He was... HOT!!!

Sh*t! He gave me a side smirk too.

"I see, so he saw you." My auntie said. "He's to you in."

I stared at him without blinking, registering what my aunt had said. "What?" I just realised it but my aunt had already hung up. "Wait." I screamed into the phone but it was no use. 

Kai crossed his arms. "Hmmm... I don't know if I should let you in, you did call me a creep after all." He turned his back to me and walked towards the building.

"Hey wait!" I shouted at him. "Come back and open the door for me!" He didn't turn. "HEY!" I shouted one more time. 

This time he bolted right back. He resumed his arrogant position again. Arms crossed, side smirk and all. When I get in, I was so going to wipe that smirk off of his face. He took a step towards the gate, leaning in real close. He smiled sweetly at me, I was almost encouraged to smile back. "No." He stated and poked his tongue out.

I heated up and grabbed him by the collar before he could pull back. "Let me in now!" I growled at him. My temples were definitely bursting at the moment.

His eyes widened. "Woah, you're quite scary, aren't you?" He chuckled. "I like it."

I let him go and waited for him to do whatever he was supposed to do. But he didn't budge. I glared at him, once again.

"Come on, climb over." He urged. 

My jaw dropped. I tried to reach him through the bars but he knew better than to get close again. 

"I'm gonna kill you when I get to the other side!" 

"You're all bark but no bite."  Kai teased me. 

"Don't use all those philosophical quotes on me." I huffed at him. I threw my duffel bag over and scrambled up the fence. I was pumped up enough to make it to the top. Making my way down was the hard bit. My footing was poor and I was falling. 

I landed on something alive and clung onto him for dear life, legs around his waist, arms around his shoulder. 

"You're pretty good, Han Eunwoo." Kai smiled at me. 

Realising that I was safe, I dropped to the ground a foot down. I punched him hard across the face. 

"Ow, what was that for?" Kai cried.

"Nice meeting you too, Kai." I grabbed my bag and walked on. I did say I was going to kill him. He's just lucky he's not dead.

"Do you even know where you're going?" He asked from behind me.

"No!" I shouted at him but I didn't need his help.

"Han Eunwoo-ah!" Kai called. He was catching up. "You're in our dorms."

I looked back at him, horrified. "WHAT?"