Fighting for Love

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

Joy smiled, today was going to be another glorious day. Yes, Park Sooyoung had accomplished something she hadn’t thought she could in her entire life, she made a cake and heck yeah it looked delicious. Of course her efforts wouldn’t had been possible without the help of her lovely Wendy unnie.  

Nearing the building where BTS were practicing, Joy stopped in her track when she spotted a group of girls waiting outside the door, who she recognized as V’s fan club. Clutching the cake in her arms, she took a breath before marching forward. It wasn’t that she was scared of them, well maybe just a little, but the cake had taken a lot of her energy and to be frank she really wasn’t up for dealing with them. For the most part, they left her alone. Clearly not seeing her as an obstacle, and perhaps she had V to thank, since he had made it clear that she was nothing but a nuisance to him. That didn’t necessarily mean they were nice to her either, she saw their snarls, the way they stared at her whenever she got too close to him. They were like wolves watching over their pray and whoever got too close, saw nothing but the wrath of their fangs. In essence, they were no better than V.

Their noisy chattering quickly died down as soon as they saw her and Joy had the mind to quicken her pace. Something didn’t feel quite right, they usually ignore her, but today as if they were one collective animal, they stared at her.

“Park Jung-eng,” she heard one of them call, but made no attempt to turn around.

“Yah Park Jung-eng, turn around when I’m talking to you,” Joy gritted her teeth, she really didn’t have time for this. She heard footsteps and quickly turned around to come face to face with the President of V’s fan club, Lee Soojin, was it?

“Oh were you calling me?” She feigned innocent.

“Yah, don’t pretend like you didn’t hear me. Who are you going to see?”

As if it wasn’t already obviously who she was here to see, but Joy decided to play around with them, “Jungkook.”

“Liar, you’re going to see V oppa aren’t you?”

Bingo. Why else would she be doing here if she wasn’t here to see V, though she really wasn’t there to see him, she only needed him as a delivery boy, but they didn’t need to know that.

“If you already knew, why even bother asking me in the first place?”

“Yah!” She screamed causing Joy to move her head in annoyance. Why were they even talking to her now? Were they not content at just burning holes through her head?

Joy made an effort to leave, hoping she hadn’t missed V. She would have sent him a text message but figured he’d probably leave if he knew she was on her way.

“Yah, we’re not done talking to you,” a hand was placed on her shoulder to prevent her from leaving.

“We’ve been nice to you Park Jung-eng, but our patient has been running thin,” Soojing began, her hand still placed firmly on Joy’s shoulder and Joy had the right mind to smack her hand off, but that wasn’t like Joy and her hands were currently wrapped around the cake.

“We figured you’ll eventually leave on your own, since V had made it clear how much he disliked you.”

She didn’t have to tell Joy, for Joy to know V disliked her.

“But then you kept showing up. Kept bugging V oppa. It’s actually quite pathetic the way you act. Do you really think V oppa will like you? You’re nothing but an annoying flea Jung-eng, and no one like fleas.”

Pathetic? Joy could only scoff, the pathetic ones were them, waiting like vultures for V to come out so they could gawk at him from afar, at least she had the guts to confess to him even if it was all a lie.

Soojin eyed the box in her arms, as a sly smile formed on her lips.

“You think baking him a cake will make him like you?” She asked as she slowly placed her hand on top of the box.

Joy rolled her eyes, of course it wouldn’t which was why the cake wasn’t for him in the first place.

“Yah!” Joy screamed as the box that used to be in her hands was now on the ground. Squatting down to the box she quickly opened the lid to see all of her hard work smashed.

“Taeyeon unnie?” Soojin read out loud as she leaned over to see her work, “ah, V oppa’s mute sister.”

“Why on earth would you bake a cake for her? She’s practically non-existent. Hmph, I guess pathetic people stay together don’t they?

That was it, Joy wouldn’t take her blabbering any more.

“Don’t you dare talk about Taeyeon unnie like that!” She screamed lunging forward as she tackled Soojin to the ground.

“You don’t know a thing about Taeyeon unnie,” she shouted pinning Soojin’s shoulder to the ground. Feeling her hair being pulled she screamed as she was pried off of Soojin and instead turned her attention to whoever had pulled her off. It was another girl who had come to help their president and Joy found herself engaged in a full out brawl, screams were heard as fists flew left and right.

Joy didn’t know how long she had been fighting, but she suddenly felt herself being pulled off the current girl she had been sitting on. Swinging her arm she heard an unusual groan. All the screams had come to a stope and instead she heard gasps as they whispered “V oppa.” Sure enough, standing at the other end of her fist was none other than V himself.

“Park Jung-eng, what the hell do you think you’re doing?” He muttered, eyes burning with rage and Joy was sure he was going to punish her for messing with his fan club.  

“This isn’t a very fair fight now is it girls? The ten of you against just the one of her? How about we even this out. You ten, against me and her.”

Joy’s eyes widen, he was going to fight his own fan club? She did not expect him to be on her side. 

“But oppa, we don’t want to fight you. We were just trying to teach her a lesson. We know how much you hate her,” Soojin replied, hurt that V had suggested them to fight him.

“From now on, none of you better lay a hand on Jung-eng. When you fight her, it’s like fighting me. EIf anyone of you lay another finger on her, I’ll never acknowledge you guys again.” 

“Come on Jung-eng,” V said as he grabbed hold of her hand, "let's get out of here."   

“But the cake,” she muttered looking at the cake still on the ground.

“Forget about the cake.”

Joy didn’t know where V was taking her, but that was the last thing on her mind and as she stared at their clasped hands, she suddenly felt shy.

“You can let go of my hand now,” she finally said as quickly removed her hand from his and clasped her own hands together in front of her. Her own hands felt clammy compared to his and she found herself wanting to hold his hand again.  

“What were you thinking?”

“What?” His sudden outburst startled her.

“Did you really think you could take all of them?” 

“No, I mean maybe,” Joy shrugged, she was of average height, had a bigger build then most girls maybe she could have.

“Jeez Jung-eng, you could have gotten seriously hurt,” V continued, “just look at you.”

Shifting her eyes down at herself she gasped in horror. There was a tear in her jean the size of her fist and she saw stains as big as the moon on her clothes.

“You’re a mess.” He neared her and Joy wasn’t sure what she was supposed to do. It had always been her who approached him first not the other way around. She gulped when they made eye contact and in one swift movement she felt her hair being tucked her hair behind her ear. 

“Your pretty face is going to be ruined for a little bit because of this bruise,” his eyes examined the dark circle appearing on her left cheek.

“Ow,” Joy winced in pain as he gently pressed on it.  

“That’s what you get for getting into a fight.”

“I, I had too. She wrecked my cake, and she..she,” Joy stopped herself and glanced up at V. She knew his sister was a sensitive subject and didn’t want to make him upset because of petty girls who knew no better.

“Thanks for sticking up for noona.”

“What? You heard them?”

“Yeah, saw the whole thing,” he confessed.

“And you waited that long to step in?” She practically screamed, how could he? She was defending his sister and he was just going to watch her get beat up.

“Yah, stop screaming. I stepped in didn’t I? You should be grateful I was there otherwise your would have been whooped.”

“Whatever, thanks for saving my then. I guess,” she muttered bitterly as she crossed her arms against her chest.

“Oh come on, there’s no time to pout. We’re wasting time,” and without warning he grabbed her hand and pulled her after him.

“Yah, where are we going?” She shouted at him, but made no attempt to free herself from his grasp. He glanced back at her and smiled, “that cake was for noona wasn’t it? We’re going to buy her a new one and surprise her,"  and for the first time since she had known V, she felt her heart race.