Uncanny Resemblance

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

Things had finally settled down between Taehyung and Jin, and just as Jungkook had thought all was well, Taehyung barged into the practice room, a frustrated scowl on his face.

“I’m going to beat the crap out of that Baekhyun guy.”

“Baekhyun sunbae?” Jungkook asked, the named seemed vaguely familiar. “Oh, from the newspaper club,” Taehyung nodded his head.

“Been bugging me the whole entire day,” he lamented.

“Asking about Jung-“ Jhope chimed in, but stop midway when he remembered that Jungeng had somehow become a sensitive subject around Taehyung. He didn’t talk about it, but everyone could see he was a little bothered about her sudden disappearance. It didn’t help with Baekhyun now in the picture. He had been bugging them about Jungeng ever since the festival. The kiss they shared had been captured and posted on every school news outlet. Students were dying to see Jungeng, kids from the news paper club were lined up at the front of the campus for a chance to interview her. Unfortunate for them, Jungeng never appeared. A week went by, and still no Jungeng. Many forgot about her, but Baekhyun was not one to easily give up. She had shot out from the sky like a shooting star that night, and he was determined to find out more about her. No one in their right mind would run up stage and kiss the Kim Taehyung the way she did.  

“Oh come on Taheyung. We’re friends aren’t we?” The loud Baekhyun exclaimed as he emerged from the door.

“Yah, since when did we become friends? And didn’t I tell you not to follow me?” V questioned, forming his hands into a fist that caused Baekhyun to crouch behind his little notepad.

“Please just tell me where she is. I need this interview. She’s currently hot stuff. This could be my big break man. Everyone’s dying to know more about her and just imagine if little ole me got the first big scoop on her. Man I could be promoted to editor-in-chief. Just listen to the sound of it, Byun Baekhyun, star editor-in-chief!”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. This sunbae was sure annoying.

“Come on, you have to know where she is. I mean she was your fan girl.”

That struck a chord in Taehyung, and as persistent as Baekhyun was he wasn't stupid enough to know that it was in his best choice to get out of there.

“Well, I can see that you’re busy. I’ll just come back later,” he nervously excused himself. When Baekhyun had left, Taehyung stood frozen in his spot and Jungkook had thought he was broken.

“Ugh, I ing hate her,” he screamed while barging out the door. A confused Suga entered the room shortly, “what’s his problem?”

“Jungeng,” Jhope replied.

“Again?”

“Yep.”

Suga shook his head.

 

It wasn’t like he cared about her. No, he was simply annoyed with her. How dare she barge into his life, annoy the hell out of him, and then just vanish as if she had never been there. Not to mention she had stolen not one, but two of his kisses and there were consequences for doing that. And didn’t she claim to be his fan girl? What kind of fan girl left their idol hanging when they needed them the most? Any sane girl would have taken this opportunity to be the one to nurse his broken heart, the dozens of other fan girls did. So why did he never receive a sympathy meal from her. Why wasn’t she the first person waiting for him the next morning with her gummy smile?

“Some fan girl you turned out to be,” he muttered to himself as he made his way to God knows where. He was letting his feet do the walking, not wanting to head back to his apartment just yet. Thinking perhaps some fresh air might him calm his thoughts. He tried not thinking too much about Jungeng, because every time he did, he could feel his blood boil. Baekhyun wasn’t helping at all, with his constant pestering and all. The hell he knew where she was. It was like that one time when Jungkook and Jhope had wondered if she had been an actual fan girl. His pride had been crushed, but she had assured him that her intentions were real, and he had actually believed him. 

He was doing it again! Even when she wasn’t here he couldn’t stop thinking about her. All throughout the Jin and Irene fiasco, she was still constantly on his mind. Shaking his head, he stopped to take a look at his surroundings. The area was nice, but he had never been here before or at least he couldn’t remember ever coming to this side of town. From the corner of his eyes he saw a quaint little coffee shop and decided to enter. The fresh smell of coffee entered his nose the moment he walked through the door. The place didn’t seem busy, as there was only one customer ahead of him. Nearing the counter he could hear a soft giggle emitting from the customer ahead of him, a girl with shoulder length hair who was leaning against the counter.

“Hello. I’ll be with you in just a second,” the barista greeted as she tore her eyes away from the girl for a split second to acknowledge his presence . It would seem as if they were in a deep conversation before he had entered.

“Oh unnie, I can’t believe you did that,” the girl spoke, causing him to bring his eyes back to the girl standing in front of him. She sounded so much like Jungeng.  

“Oh Sooyoung, you should have seen him. You would have done the same,” the barista said to the girl who was apparently named Sooyoung, as she walked over to cash register.

“Sorry about that. How can I help you?” The barista, who’s name tag read Tiffany asked with an eye smile he had never seen before, and he was suddenly reminded of the one girl who had an equally amazing eye smile, Jungeng.

“Uh, one red velvet latte please,” he said after quickly brushing the image of Jungeng out of his mind.

“One red velvet latte coming right up.”

“Unnie, I’m going to head on out now. Wendy unnie just texted me asking me to pick up some things from the store.”

Taehyung watched as the shoulder length hair girl shifted her body off the counter. When she turned around, he couldn’t believe his eyes.

“Jungeng?” He shouted much to his disbelief. Jungeng, or Sooyoung as she had been called seemed just as surprised to see him standing there.

“Sooyoung, is everything okay?” Tiffany asked, bringing the dazed girl back to reality and he watched as she offered the older girl a small smile with a nod of her head before turning her attention back to him.

“Do I know you?” She asked, her initial reaction gone as she stared at him with confused eyes.

“Jungeng,” he repeated once more, but that only made the fake Jungeng tilt her head.

“I’m sorry, but I think you have the wrong person. I’m Sooyoung,” she responded, offering her sincerest apology, but Taehyung wasn’t buying it. Her face was identical to Jungeng, even her height was the same. The voice the same as well, and call him crazy but he could recognize that voice anywhere. It was the very voice that had followed him for the last month. If anything, the only difference was the shoulder length hair, but anyone could cut their hair.

“Sooyoung you should get going, Wendy is probably waiting for her things,” Tiffany reminded, much the girl’s delight.

“That’s right, bye unnie.” She moved passed Taehyung, but stopped before she could open the door and shot one last glance at him. Their eyes met, and he could see how she fidgeted at the fact that she had been caught, as if she hadn’t expected him to be looking at her.

He saw her mouthed a “good bye” before quickly dashing out the door, his eyes following her through the glass windows. Even the way she walked was like Jungeng.

“One red velvet latte?”

“Ah yes," he had forgotten why he was there in the first place.

“So I’m assuming this Jungeng looks a lot like our Sooyoungie?” Tiffany asked she rang his order up.

“Yeah, they’re pretty similar looking. Almost identical,” he answered. Was it possible that Jungeng had a twin? This girl did seem a lot calmer than Jungeng, but - his eyes wandered back to the spot she had occupied only seconds ago, the resemblance was too similar for it not to be Jungeng.

 

“Oh my gosh!” Sooyoung shouted the moment she entered the safety of her shared apartment with Seulgi and Wendy. She had been nervous the entire time at the store, scared that every corner she turned, he’ll be standing right there.

“What is it? Is everything okay?” A worried Wendy emerged from the kitchen, some crazy concotion in her mixing bowl. 

“I just met Taehyung,” she stated as if her life was about to end. 

“What? You met Taehyung?” A loud voice shouted and Sooyoung was confused at the sight of Yeri, who had been lying on the couch. 

“What are you doing here?”

“We’re having a sleep over. Didn’t you get the memo?” Yeri asked as she hurried over to where Sooyoung was standing and started digging in the bags.

“Did you get the bread?” 

“Yah, that’s why I had to go to the store? To get bread for you? You have no idea how scared I was. I kept looking behind my back like some weirdo.”

“Not my problem, but how you see him? Doesn’t he like live all the way on the other side of town?” Yeri questioned.

“Yeah he does, but he was definitely standing there in Tiffany unnie’s coffee shop when I turned around. Pretty sure I just lost about ten years of my life.”

“What happened?” Seulgi asked as she came over to help Sooyoung with the grocery.

“Joy unnie ran into Taehyung,” Yeri responded with full, she had already began stuffing . 

“Really? And then what happened?”

“Well, he shouted my name, well Jungeng’s name and then I was like no, sorry wrong person. Oh my gosh, thank goodness Tiffany unnie was there or else I wouldn’t have known what to do.”

“Did he actually believe it was the wrong person?” Wendy asked, her mixing bowl out of hand as she too offered help with the groceries. 

“I hope so.”

“So you lied about being who you lied about being?” Yeri asked amused. Sooyoung’s life had become very interesting and she loved hearing about it. Never did she think her little scheme would amount to any of this. Yes, the end goal had been for Irene and Jin to get together, but she never imagined for Sooyoung to grow feelings for the lad.  

“I supposed I did.”

“Jeez unnie, you missed your chance. You could’ve came clean today.” Yeri lamented.

“Not a chance. He’ll probably kill me. You heard how he acted when he finally found out about Irene and Jin. No way am I’m going to tell him that I was faking the entire time. It’s best that he remembers the Jungeng who was his fangirl.”

“Why? Shouldn’t he know Sooyoung, the girl who fell for him?” Yeri asked, her eyes an innocent brown as she utter the words none of them dare speak in front of Sooyoung. Wendy and Seulgi held their breathes as they studied Sooyoung. Wendy was ready to grab Yeri out of harm’s way if need be.

“Yah, who said I fell for him?” Seulgi sighed a breath of relief, it was only a scream, no fists.

“Oh come on unnie. What do you take us for?”

Sooyoung crossed her arms. Fine. Yeri was right, but that was all in the past now.

“Well, it doesn’t matter because I’m never going to see him again and even if I do, I’ll continue to act as if Jungeng never existed and if anyone of you guys ever tell him, I swear I’ll never speak to you guys again.”  

Yeri rolled her eyes, and she said Taehyung had over reacted.  


You guys really are the greatest!