Warm and Caring

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

Author's note: So I deleted the original chapter 5: Lunch of Heartache because it really didn't go with the flow that I had imagine for this story. I think I wrote that chapter out of a whim to begin with. 

Irene was busy, BTS was busy, so Park Jung-eng wasn’t needed, but Joy didn’t mind since she was busy as well, at least she was busy at the moment. The grocery list that Wendy had handed her was shoved neatly in her coat pocket as she made her way to the nearest grocery store.

“Joy can you do the grocery shopping today?” Wendy had asked and as much as she tried to get out of it, Wendy wasn’t taking a no for an answer. It didn’t make sense for her to do the shopping when Wendy was the one who cooked, but she shouldn’t complain since without Wendy, she’d probably starve to death.

“Taehyung oppa?” Tall? Dark? Mysterious? It was like déjà vu all over again.  

Forgetting the reason she was out, she hurriedly followed the figure who she noted was not alone.

“Eh? They have their arms linked.” Who was V with? It had to be a female judging from the figure and she wondered what girl was lucky enough to have the pleasure of linking arms with the great Taehyung?

“Noona?” Joy jumped, “omo!”

Turning around she was faced with Jungkook who had an amused smile on his face, “what are you doing noona? You look kind of suspicious.”

Joy looked at herself, she was hunched behind a mailbox as she had tried her best to see the couple without being seen. It would look suspicious to onlookers. Laughing, she quickly stood upright and straightened herself.

“Uh,” Jongkook followed her eyes and spotted V entering a store with his noona.

“Ah, you were stalking V hyung weren’t you?”

“No, I swear I wasn’t. I was going grocery shopping and I happened to see him and out of curiosity I followed him, because he was with someone else and I’ve never seen Taehyung oppa with another girl beside Irene unnie.”

“Look, here’s my list,” she dug for the crumpled list and pushed it in front of his face.

Jungkook chuckled, “alright, alright. I believe you. But there’s really no need for you to get jealous. You see the female hyung is with is his noona.  

Joy glanced back to the window, “noona?”

“Yeah, they used to be really close, but after that accident Taeyeon noona sort of became distant.”

“Accident?”

“Yeah, Taeyeon noona and her boyfriend got into a terrible accident a while back. Teayeon noon received minor injuries, but her boyfriend, he didn’t survive.”

“That’s so sad,” Joy’s eyes didn’t leave the older woman who was carefully looking at something in the shop.

“Yeah, it is. Taeyeon was so heartbroken that she locked herself in her house and refused to talk to anyone. V had been trying his hardest to cheer her up and it’s only been recently that he’d gotten her to come out.”

Joy observed as V appeared out of nowhere with a funny pair of glasses on his face. She could see him trying to make Taeyeon laugh. It was only for a split second, but she thought she saw the older girl’s lips curl up into a smile as she patted V’s head before turning away from him. Joy chuckled as she watch him take off his glasses in defeat before hoping cheerfully after his sister. It was actually really sweet watching V try to cheer up his sister, maybe V really was “warm and caring.”

“V’s actually really nice,” she thought a loud.

“Yep, hyung is actually pretty nice, but I guess you already knew that otherwise you wouldn’t still be fangirling over him.” Joy coughed at his statement.

“You know, you’re the first girl who has ever continue to keep bothering him even after he flat out rejected you.”

 “I’ll take that a compliment, I guess?”

“You should. I think you’re real cool!” He beamed, “the way you shouted to the entire campus that you like him, that takes real guts, totally cool noona.”

“Oh stop it,” Joy blushed as she nudged Jungkook on his shoulder. It was the first time she was being complimented for her obnoxious actions towards V and it felt good being praised.

“Say, do you want something to drink or maybe something to eat? My treat,” Jungkook had put her in a good mood.

“Really? Alright then!” He excitedly said as he offered his arm for her to lock hers through.

“Where should noona take you?” Her eyes scanned the many restaurants, but stopped when she caught sight of something interesting.

“Hold on a moment Jungkook, noona will be back.” Unlatching her arm, she sprinted in the opposite direction much to Jungkook’s confusion.

“And where do you think you’re going?” Yeri was fast, but she was at a bit of a disadvantage due to her short legs and it didn’t take long for Joy to overtake the shorter girl, grabbing the tip of her hood in the neck of time.

“Oh Joy unnie, what a pleasant surprise. Didn’t see you there,” Yeri smiled brightly as she struggled to release herself from Joy’s grip.

“Yah you were spying on me weren’t you?”

“No, I wasn’t, I really wasn’t.”

“Then why were you hiding behind that tree over there and when I came over, why did you attempt to run away?”

“I- uh, it’s not like that unnie. I wasn’t spying on you.”

If the little devil wasn’t stalking here, then-

“Omo, you were stalking Jungkook weren’t you?”

She watched as Yeri turned bright as a tomato, a wicked smile appearing on her lips as she guessed correctly. So the little devil has a crush on Jungkook eh?

“Please don’t say anything to Jungkook, and to the others.” Yeri begged, clasping her hands together.

“What? The fact that you like Jungkook or the fact that you were stalking him?”

“Both! Please Joy unnie, I’ll do anything.”

Anything? Joy sure wasn’t going to miss out on this opportunity.

“Alright, since you said anything, I want you to get me out of this mess.” It was high time this whole charade came to a stop. Irene and Jin weren’t progressing any further and she wasn’t even sure Irene still had feeling for Jin anymore. And besides, Joy didn’t know how long she could keep this up before things fell out of her hands. There was no way she was going to fall for him, but she had seen enough drama to know that there was a slight possibility she may actually develop feelings for him. She knew she dislike him, there was no doubt about it, dislike his personality, dislike the way he treated her, pretty much dislike everything about him, but she also knew she couldn’t get enough of him. It was like he was some sort of drug and the more she had of him, the more she wanted.  

“You’re kidding right?” Yeri asked in disbelief, “you know Irene will never agree to that.”

“Oh come on, this was your idea in the first place so you can obviously can come up with a new plan to get me out of this.”

Yeri thought for a while, she too was getting frustrated from the lack of progress Irene was making with Jin. Her plan was brilliant, distract V from Irene, allow time for Irene and Jin to confess their love for each other, it was honestly rather simple and easy, but Yeri hadn’t account for Irene’s passive behavior nor Jin’s lack of emotion and it was really affecting her pride.

“Oh, al-“ on second thought, “sorry unnie, I just don’t think I can help you with this one,“ she really should have helped Joy, but after witnessing Jungkook and Joy earlier, Joy was her only ticket to Jungkook and she possibly couldn’t let this opportunity pass as well.

“Yah, you said you’ll do anything,” Joy protested.

“I’ll really tell Jungkook that you were stalking him,” if a compromise wouldn’t work, perhaps threatening the younger girl would.

“Yah, I’ll do anything but that, com-“ Yeri stopped as she saw Jungkook making his way towards them, “shoot Jungkook is coming this way. Please don’t tell him, we’ll talk about this later,” and without waiting for Joy to respond she sprinted the opposite direction.

“Yah, Kim Yerim!” Joy shouted after the girl.

“Oi, noona, who was that?” Jungkook appeared beside her.

Your stalker.

“Just a friend, anyway where should we go?” She’ll deal with Yeri later.

“V and Taeyeon noona.”

Joy didn’t think she heard right? “What?”

“Let’s go eat lunch with hyung and Taeyeon noona.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea Jungkook, I mean V doesn’t necessarily like me and I think we should let them have their sibling bonding time,” Joy really didn’t like the idea of joining them.

“Well I already told them that we were coming,” Jungkook sighed.

“When did you tell them? And V was okay with this?”

“While you were gone. They came out of the store and saw me. Said I was here with a friend and then Taeyeon noona invited us, so hyung doesn’t necessarily know you’re coming.”  

“Yah,” Jungkook was just like Irene, “let’s just go somewhere else.”

“Awe come on Jung-eng, if hyung gets mad at you, I’ll just take the blame for it and besides you’re my friend aren’t you? I think this will be good for Taeyeon noona too. I think she’ll really get a kick out of you. Who knows maybe she’ll open up to you?”

“Well, if you put it that way.”

“Yay! Come on this way, they went on ahead.”

“Hey I just thought of something,” Jungkook stopped causing Joy to bump into him “how come you didn’t know hyung had an older sister? Shouldn’t you have already known that? It’s on his bio page.”

“Uh,” Joy didn’t need time to think, the answer was plain and simple; she wasn’t his fan, but she couldn’t say that now could she? He even had a bio page? Seulgi was right, she was a horrible fan.  

“Yah, I’m his fan not his stalker.” Was the only response she could muster up before walking ahead of him, “which restaurant are we going to?” 


I hope you guys aren't mad that I deleted the original chapter, like I said earlier it just wasn't flowing. I'm also really sorry for not updating (not only this story but all of my other stories) and for not replying to the comments, I really do read them though. I just have a habbit of not replying until the next update which is really dumb, but I'm going to try to reply as soon as I read them.