Love Hurts

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

It was weird. You would think after Jin and Irene’s confession things would somehow fall back to how things were before she knew V, but it was the opposite for Joy. She found herself more invested in V then every before. He was on her mind 24/7 and it bugged her because in actuality her job was finished. Jin and Irene had finally confessed their love for each other and it was only a matter of time before the world knew, but until then she felt a strange obligation to keep doing her “job,’ which was why she had kept on delivering bags of goodies to take to V and the guys.

“You’re going again?” She froze at the door when she heard Seulgi’s voice.

“Uh, yeah. Got to make it believable you know?” She nervously laughed, but Seulgi didn’t find if funny.

“Don’t you think you’re going a little over board? This is like the third time this week.” It was actually the fourth time, but Joy wasn’t going to correct her.

“I think this whole ordeal has gone long enough. Do you need me to talk to Irene and Yeri?”

“No,” she blurted out a little too loud for her liking, “I mean you can try, but you know how stubborn Irene is, she won’t budge and beside, Irene and Jin had yet to make any progress. And it’s not like this takes up a lot of my time, all I’m doing is delivering some snacks. Takes me less than thirty minutes.” It wasn’t a complete lie, because it really only did take her less than thirty minutes, however the little bit about Irene and Jin not making any progress was a complete lie. They were a couple, but had decided to keep it a secret with only Joy knowing anything about the relationship. Of course this was all Irene’s idea, and as much as Jin and she was against the idea, Irene’s reasoning was pretty sound.

“The spring festival is less than week away and there’s a possibility that V will not take to the news very well. Couldn’t we just keep this a secret until then? I promise we’ll tell him after the performance. I just don’t want all the hard work you guys have been pouring into the dance to go to waste.”

Even Wendy, Seulgi, and Yeri were left out in the dark, so Joy knew Irene was serious when she wanted their relationship to be kept a secret for the time being. She couldn’t completely say that she agreed, but it made sense. She couldn’t even begin to imagine how Irene must be feeling at the moment, knowing she might be the cause of a riff that may or may not occur between a trusting friendships. She could only hope all three of them would come out unscratched by this turn of events.

“All right then, if you insist.” Seulig finally gave in, there was no point in stopping the younger girl who was already halfway out the door.

“Was that Joy?” Wendy asked as she came out of her bedroom, her hair wet from the shower.  

“Yep,” Seulgi replied.

“Don’t tell me, she went to deliver some snacks for V and the boys again.” Wendy didn’t need Seulgi to answer her, the look the monolid girl sent gave her was the answer in itself.  

“I swear. I met up with Yeri the other day and she was sprouting some nonsense about the possibility of Joy falling for V. Of course I thought that was just utter bs, but now I don’t know anymore.”

“That’s absurd, there’s no way Joy would fall for him. She hates him,” Seulgi objected.

“That’s what I thought too, but apparently Joy’s been doing things without Irene or Yeri telling her to do so. Yeri told me that Irene had been so busy with work that she barely talks about V or Jin and Yeri herself is super busy with school,” Wendy explained.

“So you’re saying, this whole delivery food is all Joy?”

Wendy nodded her head, “I’m afraid so.”

“That girl is totally in love,” Seulgi concluded. There was no denying it and she smiled at the thought of her friend being in love, but it lasted only for a short second, “this is not good. He’s still in love with Irene.”

“Who is in love with Jin,” Wendy continued. “It’s like some twisted love story.”

Spotting the campus in the distance, a small smile formed on her lips. Tightening her grip on the bag, she wondered how his expression would be like when he saw the bag hanging on the door handle of their dance room. She hoped it would bring a smile to his him, but who was she kidding, this was Taehyung and it was more probable that he’ll scowl at her actions.

Peeking through the window she saw that the room was empty and sighed, she wouldn’t be able to see him today either, but perhaps that was for the best. She didn’t exactly want to come face to face with him, but it would have been nice to catch a glimpse of him. It had been almost a week since the kiss, almost a week since she would have last seen him and she was beginning to miss seeing him. She was about to place the bag on the handled when she heard the sound of footsteps behind her.

Turning around she was surprised to see V in front of her. He seemed so much handsomer that she couldn’t help but stare in awe by his beauty. Her eyes wandered down to his lips, those kissable lips,- snapping out of her thoughts she quickly walked passed him hoping he didn’t see her cheeks turning red. She hadn’t gotten very far when she felt her wrist being grabbed.

“Jungeng,” his voice made her heart race. Gulping, she turned around and flashed her brightest smile hoping he wouldn’t notice how nervous she was feeling.

“Oppa, funny seeing you here,” she blabbed realizing how stupid she sounded. Of course he’d be here, he went to this school, but he didn’t laugh. There was something different about him today, something she had never seen before.

“Jungeng, we need to talk,” he stated as he pulled her into an empty room.

“You need to stop.”

Joy didn’t understand, “I need to stop? Stop what?”

“That,” he pointed to the bag in her hand.

“Why? It’s just snacks,” she tried to hide the disappointment in her voice.

“Just stop it okay. I’m grateful, the boys are grateful, but it’s really too much.” She still didn’t get why he wanted her to stop. It wasn’t like she came looking for him like how she used too. What was the big deal?

“I, I like Irene noona,” she already knew this, but hearing it again made her heart hurt and she had to fight to keep her face from showing how she was feeling.

“Oh, I already know that,” she stated, trying her best not to let her voice crack.

“Then please stop,” his voice sounded desperate and she couldn’t fathom as to why he was acting this way.

“Just stop.” She creased her eyebrows in confusion, “I don’t understand, I haven’t been bothering you. I’m just bringing snacks.”

“There’s nothing to understand. It’s just,” he ran his hand through his hair, “I can’t stop thinking about yo-“ he stopped and shook his head. “I must be crazy. I like Irene noona. I like Irene noona,” he muttered to himself.  

“You can’t stop thinking about who?” She wanted him to finish because it sounded like he was about to say “you,” but he couldn’t right? There was no way Kim Taehyung was going to say he couldn’t stop thinking about her, Park Soo, no Park Jungeng.  

“I like Irene noona. I like Irene noona,” he continued to muttered to himself as if he was trying to remind himself.

“That’s right I like Irene noona, so please stop before you get hurt,” but it was too late. Joy was already hurt, though she had no one to blame but herself.

“I plan on confessing to her after our performance this weekend.”

There was a thud, as the bag in her hand fell to the ground. She tried her hardest not to act like it affected her, but the tears in her eyes were a dead giveaway.  

“I see,” it was getting harder to see him and she did the only thing she could think of, she made a break for the door.

This wasn’t supposed to happen, she wasn’t supposed to be crying right now.

What the hell Sooyoung. Why are you crying? But the answer was simple, she had fallen in love with Taehyung. She didn’t think it would hurt so much, but the pain inside of her chest was like none she had ever experience before and she hated it.

Stupid. She truly was stupid. Stupid for falling in love with someone who would never fall back in love with her. How did it come to this? How did she let this happen and when? 


Okay, yes Taehyung really needs to move on from Irene, but you have to understand he's been in love with her like forever so it's kind of hard to just all of a sudden stop liking someone right? (lol, I wouldn't know, but I assume)

Also this chapter was really for Joy, because up until now I don't think she fully understood that she was fallin in love with Taehyung, which by the end of this chapter it became clear to her. 

And I think it's a pretty logical reason as to why Irene would choose to keep their relationship a secret until after the performance.