Almost Confession

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Wendy asked as she leaned up against Joy’s door. The younger girl was buried under her blankets and though she claimed she was sick, Wendy thought otherwise. The girl had been acting weird ever since she had gotten back from her delivery some nights ago and she suspected her “sickness” had to do with a certain boy who was performing tonight.  

“Yeah, I’m not feeling too well,” she lied, though she knew Wendy was too smart for her lie. She felt the edge of her bed sink and didn’t have to look to know Wendy had placed herself on the bed.

“Is there something you want to talk about?”

“No,” she stated, refusing to look at the older girl. Wendy was too perceptive and she knew it would only take one look for her to know she was definitely not okay.

“Honest Wendy. I just really want to sleep right now.” 

She heard a sigh, “alright. Well if you need anything, don’t hesitant to call alright?”

“I know.”

It didn’t take long before Joy was by herself in her room and she released a sigh. Lying to Wendy was always the hardest and though she knew Wendy hadn’t bought her lie one bit she was thankful the older girl had decided not to pry any further.

Waiting till she heard the front door close, she her back and stared at the ceiling.

“Stupid Taehyung,” she breathed. She never thought of herself as someone who would become so depress over a boy, but here she was sulking in her bed, while Wendy, Seulgi, and Yeri went with Irene to her school festival.

The ceiling was becoming blurry and she quickly brought her arm to cover her eyes. She told herself she wouldn’t cry anymore but it was just so hard not to. The tears had a mind of its own. Not sure how long she had been crying, but when she thought she had cried all that she could she dried tears and sat up.

“Get a hold of yourself, Park Sooyoung,” she scolded. Taking a deep breath, she gathered her strength and looked at herself in the mirror.

Uh, she looked like a mess. Heading to her bathroom she quickly fixed her appearance and forced a smile out.

Much better, she thought.

 

Locking the door behind her, she made her way to the park. Perhaps some fresh air would do her some good. She had barely been at the park for less than a minute and she was already regretting her decision. The park was filled with couples, but she should have known better, it was spring after all. Still she had made it out and decided it was best not to waste her efforts by sulking back to the apartment. She would continue her walk and cast out any feelings for him. That’s right Park Sooyoung was going to forget about that heartless jerk. He didn’t deserve her love anyway. Always looking in disgust at her, and thinking he was better than her.

Spotting a bench, she sat down and sighed. It was definitely easier said than done and no matter how many times she was telling herself to forget about him, she knew it would take a while before she could truly forget. It was pointless to say that she still didn’t wish he would wake up one day and fall magically in love with her. Even now as she watched the sunset, she couldn’t help but think how much prettier it would be if Taehyung was watching it with her.

Taehyung

Her mind wandered to what he was doing right now. Right, it was their school festival today and BTS were scheduled to perform, she glanced at her watch, right about now. Thinking about the festival now, she wished she would have just gone with Seulgi and Wendy, but it was best that she didn’t go. She didn’t need to be falling even more in love with him than she already was. She could just imagine him, standing on the stage performing with everyone else with his big, adorable smile. Just imagining him, brought a smile to her face, but that smile quickly disappeared and without a moment’s haste she was sprinting towards the festival.

 

“I plan on confessing to her after our performance this weekend.”

 

She couldn’t let him confess, not because she was in love with him, but she couldn’t bear to see him be humiliated in front of so many people. Knowing him, he was bound to confess right there and then after the song ended, that way it would lessen the chances of Irene rejecting him. What a fool he was. Forcing her legs to go faster she prayed she wasn’t too late.

Entering the school campus, she pushed her way towards the stage and breathe a sigh of relief when she saw them still dancing on the stage.

“I need you girl.”

“Wae honja saranghago honjaseoman ibeyeolhae”

“I need you girl.”

“Wae dachil geol almyeonseo jakku niga piryohae”

They were coming up on their last chorus. She needed to act fast, but what could she do to get him off stage.

Think Sooyoung, think.

"I need you girl neon areumdawo."

That’s it!

"I need you girl neomu chagawo."

“Excuse me.”

"I need you girl (I need you girl)."

“Sorry.”

"I need you girl (I need you girl)."

The crowd of students erupted into applauses, but all Sooyoung could hear was her heart pounding as she made her way up the stairs onto the stage.

 

Taehyung smiled when he heard the applauses and turned his head to look at Rapmonster, Suga, J-hope, Jimin and Jungkook. All their hard work had been for this night and to hear the crowd roaring for them couldn’t had made him happier. His eyes turned back to the audience and landed on the one girl who could make his night a hundred times happier.

He cleared his throat, “Hi,” he talked into his mic as the crowd settled down.

“There’s something I want to confess tonight,” he locked eyes with Irene.

“I don’t know if you’re aware of my feelings for you, but tonight I just wanted to tell you in front of everyone that my feelings for you are real.”

“Ba-“

The name Bae Juhyun never escaped from his lips and instead he felt the familiar touch of another lips on his. He couldn’t move. It was as if her kiss had put him under some sort of spell, taking away his ability to think and talk. It also had the power to make time stop and for a second it felt as if it was just him and her on the planet, as if everyone had disappeared.

When he slowly started to regain his ability to think, he was already halfway down the stairs. What was going on? Why were they running and why was she holding his hands? Then he remembered, Irene.

“What the hell Jungeng?” He shouted as he broke free from her grasp. She turned to face him, her face unreadable as she grabbed his hand once more and attempted to walk away with her.

“Let go of me,” he demanded, struggling to release himself, but she tightened her grip.

“Yah! Park Jungeng!”

Still, she paid him no attention.

“Where are you taking me?” He gave up trying to resist her. Jungeng was pretty stubborn, her constant appearances despite him telling her off was proof enough of that.

“Yah, if you’re going to kidnap me at least talk to me,” he muttered under his breath. Why was she acting so strange? He get that their last meeting wasn’t necessarily a pleasant one, wait why was she even here in the first place? In all honesty, after that meeting he wasn’t sure if he’d ever see her again. Her disappointed face haunted him, but it had to be done right? It was the right thing to do. Jungeng may be annoying, but she was a nice girl, even he could see that and he was sure there were tons of other guys who was waiting for her. Perhaps if they had met differently, maybe if he had met her before meeting Irene maybe, just maybe –

Taehyung shook his head at the possibility. Why was he even thinking such things, especially when he just confessed that his feelings for Irene were real only minutes ago?

Her walking came to a halt, giving Taehyung the time to scan their surroundings.

“What are we doing here?”

“I’m sorry.” He had no words to reply with, the look in her eyes was throwing him off. They seemed so sad, so different from the way she used to look up at him.

“I couldn’t let you confess there, not in front of so many people,” her tone wasn’t helping either, it was as if she was hiding a secret from him.  

“If you wait here, everything will become clear. I only hope you’ll find it your heart to forgive.”

“You can’t force love onto people Taehyung. You don’t get to choose who you love, it sort of just happens. So whatever happens in the future I hope you remember that.” He felt her hand release itself from his, he wasn’t even aware that they had been holding hands the entire time.

She walked passed him, “I’m sorry Taehyung, for everything. For intruding into your life, for interfering with your love life. I had no right too and for that I’m truly sorry.”

“What’s the matter with you Jungeng?” He asked.

“But I also want to thank you. Thank you Taehyung and goodbye.”

 

He was alone now, unsure of what to do next. Jungeng had told him to wait there, but, his eyes wandered in the direction she had disappeared to, he felt like he should have went after her.

“Arg,” he groaned in frustration. Every time he saw her, his feelings got mixed up.

“Taehyung,” he turned his head as saw Jin approaching him with Irene closely behind the older man.

“Irene noona,” he shouted happily. He still had the chance to tell her.

“We need to talk,” Jin stated and that was when he realized Jin and Irene were holding hands. It felt as if his world had come crashing down. It couldn’t be happening. No, Jin know of his affections for Irene. There was no way, he would go behind his back.

“Taehyung,” he heard Irene speak and for some odd reason, he knew his chances with her were gone.

“How long?” He asked, his hands balling into a fist.

“About a month now,” Jin answered calmly.

“You liked her for about a month now?”

“No, I’ve liked her since the first time I saw her. I’ve always just been a coward.”

Taehyung couldn’t take it anymore and swung his fist at Jin.

“Jin!” Irene shouted as she reached down to help him. Taehyung had no choice but to stare at the couple, his eyes burning with rage.

“Please Taehyung, this isn’t Jin’s fault. It’s my fault too. I’ve should have told you sooner, but I was afraid,” Irene said as she placed herself in between Jin and Taehyung.

“I’ve always liked Jin. I’m sorry.”

“So this is what it feels like to be betrayed,” he commented sourly as he walked pass them.

“Taehyung,” he heard Jin call after him, but he wouldn’t turn back around. No, he didn’t need people who would go behind his back.  


I'm so sorry for not updating. I really didn't mean to be gone for so long, especially when I was doing so good with updating. I only planned to skip one weekend, and then before I knew it three weekends or is it four weekends went by. Anyways, I guess this would be considered the of the story? Ho, ho, ho not much a but close enough right? Hey at least Taehyung finally knows about Jin and Irene now, that's an improvement. Oh and in case it was clear, Sooyoung kissed Taehyung again, though neither one of them made a big deal about it, guess they're already used to kissing now...lol (this is only their second time).