Safe Haven

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

Sooyoung glanced at her watch. She was minutes away from a fun filled weekend and time couldn’t be going any slower. Even Mrs. Yang who was normally a fast speaker seemed to be talking extra slow today.

After what seemed like hours, Mrs. Yang finally began to organize her desk, a sign she was about to finish for the day.  

“Alright class, that’ll be all for today’s lesson. I’ll see you guys next week,” and with a swift movement she turned to pick up her eraser and started to clean the white board.

 Grabbing her belongings, Sooyoung quickly made her way out the door to where paradise was awaiting her, only to be stopped by a nosy Hwayoung who grabbed her by the shoulder.

“Not so fast little one,” Hwayoung commanded and Sooyoung was forced to stop in her tracks.

“So who exactly was that caramel god waiting for our little angel the other day. You have never mentioned him and as your friend, I’m a little hurt.” Hwayoung feigned a hurt expression, but Sooyoung only rolled her eyes at her dramatic friend.

“He’s just some stranger who mistook me for someone else,” she lied. It wasn't exactly a lie. 

“What? Seriously? You sure he isn’t your secret lover or something, I mean you did go off with him.”

“Yah! You were spying on us,” Sooyoung couldn’t believe the girl. What ever happened to privacy.

“Oh come on Soo, you guys were out in the open, there were strangers who saw the both of you. Now tell me about him. You did leave with him, surely he became a little more than just a stranger. He was so dreamy looking. Gosh if only you saw the way he waited for you.”

Sooyoung smiled as Hwayoung locked her arms around hers, that girl was always a little boy crazy, but she couldn’t deny how dashingly handsome Taehyung had looked that day. It did make her heart flutter when she saw him.

“Well, apparently I look like a girl he used to know,” she began as the two friend began to walk towards the school’s entrance.

When they reached the entrance, Sooyoung could tell the taller girl was deep in thoughts as she had been quiet the entire walk.

“What are you thinking there Hwayoung?”

“You know, I don’t blame the girl for leaving, but I also can’t help but feel pity for him.”

“Why? Cause he’s handsome?” Sooyoung asked, knowing that Hwayoung had a weak spot for handsome guys.

“Well, he is handsome, but come on, I’m not that shallow. I mean sure he sounded like a jerk, but come on he went as far as coming to meet you just to make sure you weren’t June-Jung- what was her name again?”

“Jung-eng. Park Jung-eng.”

“Right Jung-eng. I mean you have to give him credit. If she didn’t mean anything to him, surely he wouldn’t have waited for you.”

Sooyoung tilted her head. Perhaps there were some truths to Hwayoung’s words and maybe Jung-eng had meant something to him, but it still didn’t change the fact that Jung-eng no longer existed.

And though her little walk with Hwayoung had long passed she couldn’t stop thinking about her words. Taehyung did seem pretty pitiful at the moment. It wasn’t like he was drowning in sorrow from her-uh Jungeng’s disappearance, but for him to have acted the way he did when he first saw her in Tiffany unnie’s café and to have earnestly seek out her whereabouts just so he could disprove that she wasn’t really Jung-eng, must have meant something.  

“What’s the matter Sooyoung?” Wendy asked as she plopped herself down on the towel they had spread on top of the sand, from a quick swim in the ocean with Irene and Yeri, who were still splashing around in the distance. After bidding Hwayoung farewell she had hurriedly made her way back to her apartment where the four of them were eagerly waiting for her. Jumping into the car Irene had borrowed from her parents the five of them made their way to the beach house they had rented months earlier for their annual trip.  

“Nothing,” she lied, but Seulgi who had silently been sketching the scenery in front of them in her sketchpad begged to differ.

“You’ve been sighing for the last five minutes. I’m almost positive there is something bothering you.”

A moment of silence presumed before she lamely answered, “yeah well, there’s just been a lot on my mind lately.”

“This doesn’t have to do with V does it?” Seulgi asked, her eyes never leaving her sketchpad.  

At the mentioned of his name, Sooyoung tensed up.

Her eyes gazed at Yeri who was happily splashing at Irene and at Irene, who was helplessly trying to get Yeri to stop.

“He found me.”

“What?”

“He came by the school and waited for me.”

“I don’t know why, but it made me happy to see him. It was as if he was waiting for me. Waiting to take me out to a cute little café-“

“- but it wasn’t me he was waiting for,” her voice turned quiet, “I hate Jung-eng.”

Slurping on her frozen lemonade she bought at a nearby stall, another one in her other hand for Yeri, she made her way back to where the girls were, but as she neared the area they had set up, she saw something that made her turn around in panic.

“What the hell were they doing here?”

Turning her head ever so slightly she narrowed her eyes to get a better look. That definitely looked like Jhope doing some weird dance in front of the girls. Her mind began counting, one, two, three, four, five, six, where was the seventh? Looking around and not spotting him, she quickly made a dash to the beach house. What were the chances of only the six of them coming? Wasn’t very likely, so that meant that he was somewhere around here and the chances of her meeting him was very likely. She needed to get out of eyesight soon. Some paradise this was turning out to be.

Grumbly to herself, she climbed the steps up to the door, only to realize she didn’t have the keys and being the responsible girls they were, of course the door was locked. Placing the drinks down on the railings she fought the urge to rip her hair out. What was she to do now?

She couldn’t possibly march back down there and just be like “hey guys, guess who I am.” Heck, she didn’t know who she was supposed to be at the moment. If she did run into them would she be Jung-eng or Sooyoung. Most likely Sooyoung, but what was her relation to Irene and why would Irene never mention having a friend who look identical to Jung-eng? 

Maybe the side door was unlocked. Last night they had decided to grill there was a high possibility Seulgi had forgotten to look up afterwards. Rushing to the side, she held her breathe as she placed her fingers on the handle.

Her face lit up when it slid under the force of her fingers. Making sure to lock it behind her she rushed to the bedroom she was sharing with Seulgi. If she couldn’t enjoy the sun and water, at least she could get some peace and quiet.

But her idea of peace and quiet was very different from what was waiting behind the big, brown door. For behind the door to what she thought was her safe haven, was none other than a half- Taehyung, still very wet from the shower he had just come out of.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Back on the beach, a pair of ears perked up.

“Something the matter Yeri?” Jungkook asked as her fingers stopped digging the trench for their sand castle.

“Ah, it’s nothing,” she smiled at the cute boy in front of her, but leaned towards Wendy and whispered, “I thought I just heard Sooyoung unnie screaming.” 


So, it's been a while hasn't it? Life kind of just caught up, but here a quick update. I can't tell you guys when the next chapter will appear, because life is still happening, but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I hope it'll make you guys excited for the next chapter cause come on a half Taehyung? Lol, let's see how Sooyoung is going to get out of this.