Ferris Wheel of Hugs

Somehow, Somewhere There Is Love

“Wake up Joy.” She heard a loud banging at her door.

“Joy, go open the door for Irene!” She heard Wendy’s tired voice yell from her bedroom.

Groaning, a tired Joy climbed out of bed to open the door.

Opening the door she found a cutely dressed Irene, who frowned the moment she saw Joy in her Mickey Mouse pajama.

“What the hell Joy. You’re supposed to be dressed already.”

“What for?” She asked rubbing her eyes. “Why was it so bright outside?”

Sighing, Irene quickly dragged Joy to her room and pushed her into the bathroom.

“Remember, today’s our date at the amusement park.”

“Oh right. Today is that day.”

“No, it’s your date. I’m just being a stalker…again.”

“Come on now, go brush your teeth and wash your face. I’ll have an outfit ready for you when you come out. Yeri will be in here in a little bit.”

Joy groaned as Irene shut the door in front of Joy’s face.

Thirty minutes later and she found herself the object of interest as three pair of eyes stared at her.  

“Stop looking at me like that Yeri. You’re creeping me out. You too Wendy unnie,” but they couldn’t help it. Joy was a pretty girl, and her wardrobe was pretty girly, but there was something different about today.

“Wah, you look like you’re glowing,” Seulgi commented, entering the room with the toast she had put in the toaster earlier.

“What’ wrong with you guys today? Am I going to die today, is that why you guys are being extra nice to me? And why are you guys dressed too? Are you guys going to the amusement park too?”

“They’re just saying you look extra good today. Jeez Joy, just take the compliment,” Irene spoke.  

“And yes we’re going, no way am I just going to let you two have fun. Wendy, Seulgi and I are going to ride every single ride there today,” Yeri responded.

“Alright, alright, thanks I guess, but are you guys sure I look okay? This isn’t too much right?”

“No. You look great.” Wendy reassured her.

“See, I told you. Now let’s go. The boys are already there waiting for us.”

“No, they’re waiting for you. They don’t know that I’m coming along.”

“Same difference.”

No it wasn’t, but she wasn’t going to argue with Irene today. That girl had this day planned since forever ago and she wouldn’t stop talking about it.

“Come on Joy, smile a bit. You look too pretty today to be sulking,” Wendy said as she pulled the girl in front of the restroom mirror. After reaching the park, Irene excused herself as she had plans to meet up with BTS, while the rest of the girls went to the ladies room at the request of Seulgi. Allowing her eyes to examine herself in the mirror she finally smiled, Wendy was right, she did look pretty today.

“Yes. Yes. Yes, we all know you’re pretty, but no more staring at yourself. Irene unnie is waiting for. Let’s go.” Leave it to Yeri to ruin a good moment with herself.

“Yah, you’re just ready to start riding rides.”

The little devil smiled cheekily at her a she grabbed hold of Wendy and Seulgi’s arms and pulled them away from Joy.

“Yah, don’t leave me,” she called after them but Yeri waved her hands at her.

“Good luck unnie. Have fun. I know I will.”

As she stared at the vanishing backs of her so called ‘friends’ her thoughts wandered to V. Joy wouldn’t admit it, but she couldn’t wait to see the look on his face when she “accidently” runs into them. Just imagining his expression brought a smile to her face.

V smiled as he saw Irene walking towards him. She looked like a goddess, no she was a goddess. The other guys stopped whatever they were doing as well and stared at her. It was always like that with Irene though, whenever she went she became the center of attention.

“Noona!” Jungkook greeted as he went to give her a high five.

Irene smiled as she shyly gave Jungkook at high five, smiled at Jhope, Suga, Rapmon, V, and Jimin but her smiled disappeared when she didn’t see Jin.

“Jin didn’t come today?” She tried not to sound too concern, but her heart was ready to break in half. She had been waiting for today since V suggested going to the amusement park and now, Jin was nowhere to be seen.

“Eh, where did he go?” Rapmon spun his head around looking for the missing prince, “he was just standing beside me.”

Irene let out a relieved breath, “good, he was here, but where did he disappeared too?”

“He’ll be back soon, he probably just went to the men’s bathroom,” Suga suggested. With her heart now at ease, Irene turned her attention to someone else, “Park Sooyoung, where are you? It’s time to make your grand debut.”

Unknown to the lovely goddess, Joy had taken it upon her to wait a little while longer before making her grand entrance. Truthfully seeing all those guys around Irene made her a little nervous. She couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw Irene in the middle. Why were they all so handsome? It was hard enough pretending to like V (he was handsome enough) but having to pretend to like a handsome guy in front of tons of handsome guys was a bit too much for her to handle.

Spotting a snack booth she, she immediately went to there. After all, she did skip breakfast no thanks to Irene.

By the time she got to the booth, there was already someone else there.

“Two pretzels please.” She heard a male say.

As soon as he turned around, Joy’s world stopped. How could anyone look so cute while grinning at their pretzels? While V was the bad boy handsome, this boy had a prince like handsomeness to him.

Was god trying to troll with her? There were so many handsome guys here today and she was stuck pretending to ogle over some jerk, handsome or not.

“Is this for never trying hard enough to like a guy?” She mentally asked the heavens.

The boy was too absorbed in his pretzels that he didn’t see Joy there, and Joy was too star struck to notice him heading towards her that before they both knew it, he had bumped into her, causing him to drop one of his pretzel.

“Ah, I’m so sorry.” Joy quickly realized what had happened and bent down as fast as she could to pick up the pretzel, only to discover that it was already covered in dirt.

“I’m so sorry.” She said again as she helped up the dirt covered pretzel.

“I know, I’ll buy you a new one.”

“It’s -”

“- One pretzel please,” She shouted over his shoulder to the worker in the booth.

After paying for the pretzel she quickly turned to the male who had been standing there to hand him the fresh pretzel.

“I’m really sorry for your pretzel. Please accept my apology,” she said bowing to him. Too embarrass to look at him, she remained with her head bowed down. She heard a laugh.

“It really was okay, but apology accepted.”

His voice was soft and dreaming and hearing it made Joy smile.

“Thanks for the pretzel,” he said as she felt a soft pat on her head.  

Lifting her head and raising her hand to touch her head, Joy watch the mysterious boy walk away, heart thumping.

The moment was soon ruined when her stomach started to growl.

“Alright, alright I hear you.”

Returning to the booth she smiled at the cashier, “one pretzel please!” 

She had barely sat down on an empty bench with her pretzel before she felt her phone vibrating.

-Where. Are. You?

Buzz..buzz…buzz..

-We are at the Ferris wheel.

Stuffing her phone in her purse, Joy leisurely starting eating her pretzel.

Somehow, in the process of deciding what rides to ride, the group had split into smaller groups and Irene found herself with Jin and V.

Closing her phone, she sigh in frustration when Joy was nowhere to be seen.

“Are you alright noona?” V asked after seeing her sigh. Something was bothering her today, she didn’t seem like herself and she had been sighing the whole time.

“Huh, oh yes. I’m fine,” she smiled at the worried boy.

“KIM TAEHYUNG!”

“Oh just fine.”

V froze in his spot. Why was he hearing the annoying fan girl’s voice?

“KIM TAEHYUNG!”

Turning his head in the direction of the voice he had prayed had just been in his head, he was disappointed to see her skipping towards him. He was caught off guard for a second though, because despite looking a little silly skipping, she actually looked sort of pretty. Her skipping helped, because of the way it made her hair bounce up and down around her face enhancing her over all look and if he V wasn’t in his right mind he would dare say it looked like a scene from a movie.  For a second, V almost compared her looks to Irene’s.

Snapping back to reality, he quickly pushed Irene in the opposite direction, but Irene resisted.

“V, I think she knows you.” Irene protested.

“Uh…perhaps.”

“Is she the fan girl?” Jin asked amused. He had never seen V so anxious and right now the usually bad, you’re not the boss of me V, was behaving slightly odd.

“Kim Taehyung, what a coincidence that we meet here.” Joy lied the moment she was within ear shot. She had planned on running up to him and giving him a great big hub, but stopped in her track when she saw the boy standing beside Irene, it was pretzel boy.

“Coincidence, my . You followed me here didn’t’ you?” V accused, while pointing his long finger at the girl. If she could, she would had rolled her eyes a thousand times.

“Follow you my , I wouldn’t follow you if you were the last person on earth.”

“No, it really was a coincidence.” Joy defended herself, though she knew it wasn’t, but she didn’t like the way he was accusing her. It made her look like a desperate person, though it wasn’t so much of a lie, because frankly she was acting like a desperate person, vying for the attention of some arrogant, self-absorbing jerk who definitely did not deserved her attention.

“V, that’s no way to talk to a lady,” Jin scolded, much to everyone’s surprise.

“Yah listen to him.” Joy agreed, she knew she liked him from the moment she saw him.  

“Well, since you say this isn’t a coincidence, it was nice meeting you. Can you run along now?” V said waving his hand, shooing her away.

“No!” Irene shouted, earning confused looks from everyone, “I mean, since she’s here, why don’t she come along with us. You don’t seem to be with anyone right now?” Irene tried to cover up. She needed to find a way to make Joy stay.

“You don’t mind right Jin? V?”

“It would be nice to have another girl around,” she tried pouting a little.

Joy’s eyes widened when she heard Irene calling pretzel boy Jin.

Sigh. Guess he’s off limit.

“I don’t mind. I think it’ll be fun.” Jin smiled sweetly, a smile that Irene did not miss.

“Well, if you insist.” V had no choice but to allow fan girl to stay, if that’s what his goddess wanted then he’ll allow the peasant to stay.

“I’m Jin by the way, who would have thought you’d be Fan girl. This is Irene, and I suppose you already know what his name is.” Jin introduced with a smile that made Joy’s knees go weak, but what was up with ‘Fan girl?’ Is that what they call her? Fan girl? Ugh, this was all Yeri and Irene’s fault.

“What’s your name?”

.

Joy gave a worried look to Irene. She definitely did not want to reveal her true identity.

“Ah….my name is….my name is Jung, Jung-eng.”

“Jung-eng?” V repeated, clearly not convinced that was her real name.

“Yep, that’s me. The one and only Jung-eng.” Joy stated, trying to give a convincing smile.

“Okay, Jung-eng what’s your last name,” V asked.

“Park. Park Jung-eng.”

“What school do you go to?”

“….”

“Why are you asking so many questions? Are you showing an interest in me now?” Joy cheekingly asked, hoping her shameless question would deter V from prying any further.

V blushed from the question. “Absolutely not. I figure since your unwelcome presence will be with us, might as well get to know who you really are. I mean for all we know you could be some creepy murderer.”

His statement caused a sharp gaze from Joy.

“Well, if I was one, you’ll be the first on my list,” she half-jokingly said.

“What ride will we go on first?” Irene interrupted the intense staring game V and Joy were playing.

“Let’s go on the ferris wheel!” V exclaimed. It was the perfect opportunity to be with Irene and maybe then he would have the chance to truly confess his feelings. He had been dropping hints here and there and he wondered if she knew.

The ferris wheel huh? What a great idea Kim Taehyung. What why was he calling himself that?

“Wooo! This is so fun, isn’t it Kim Taehyung?”

Right, that’s why he was calling himself that, because for the last minute that’s all he had been hearing. Kim Taehyung this. Kim Taehyung that. He went by V now, not that he had anything against the name Taehyung, but V sounded so much cooler and he was a very cool dude.

“Oppa, answer me.”

“Oppa. Look.”

“Taehyung oppa.”

“Oh put a sock in it,” he grumbled.

If one was to see the sight of a couple sitting on cart number 12 on the Ferris wheel, it would be a sight to see. V was sitting as close to the edge as he could, covering his face out of embarrassment, while Joy was waving her arms and screaming at the top of her lungs.

“I’m flying!” V scoffed at the crazy girl beside him.

“Yah. Yah. Stop shaking so much.” He suddenly demanded, the cart was shaking in a dangerous manner.

“What? Are you scare?” Joy asked while purposely shaking the cart even more.

“YAH! I told to you stop.” He shouted, gripping the bar that enclose them in.

He heard her laugh.  

“Aw.. you’re so cute when you’re scared. Don’t worry, I’ll stop now.” Joy chuckled as she softly ruffled his hair. The moment her fingers touched his head he felt a wave of electricity flow through his body. It was odd, yet strangely comforting. Averting his eyes away from him he choose to focus on the small figures below him. They looked like ants from up there. It had only been a few seconds, yet it was strangely quiet, curious he turned his head to peek at the girl beside him.

The sight before made him breathless. Crazy girl had turned to the side and was waving her hand through the air as if she was trying to catch the wind.

“Eh, what is that crazy girl doing?” He thought to himself. Using his finger he gently poked the side of her arm. She spun her head, so he could see her face.

“Yes? Can I help you?” She asked, while playfully blinking her eyes, the peaceful smile never leaving her lips.

“Nothing,” he shrugged and turned his head away from her.

“Were you going to tell me that you like me?” She asked scooting closer to him so she could lean her face directly in front of his.

“Yah, get away from me.” V shouted while trying to push her away from her, however this made the cart shake causing the two of them to scream and in attempt to stable the cart, they both threw their arms around each other.

Once the cart was stable, V opened his eyes to see Joy’s face pressed against his. Joy realizing what they were doing immediately released her arms and at the same time both scooted as far as they could from the middle.

“Don’t ever do that again.” V commanded, earning an eye roll from Joy.

“Oh please, I know you enjoyed that hug,” Joy smirked.

She watched as V brushed her “germs” off of his clothes. “How childish,” she thought but an idea popped appeared.

“Do you want to hug me again?” She wiggled her eyebrows as she closed the distance between the two of them.

Kim Taehyung, there’s no escaping Park Sooyoung. 


What is Joy doing to V? Lol, comment and subscribe.