Chapter 7

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel Chapter 7

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I just arrived home minutes ago and I was going to lay down in my room when the bell to the door went off. I sneezed and lifted myself up, walking to the door as I wiped my nose. Coco followed me, barking loudly.

 

"Hey." I laughed. "Coco-ah it's ok." I said, walking towards the door.

 

"Who is it?" I the video screen and smiled wide before opening the door.

 

"Hey!" Mark hyung yelled loudly in English.

 

"Mark hyung!" I said loudly, a cough coming out just as loud. Coco barked even more loud and I watched as Mark hyung picked her up and started making baby noises to her. 

 

"What's up man?" I said in English laughing. My voice was bad. I closed the door and followed Mark hyung and coco to go sit down.

 

"You don't have work today?" I asked.

 

A sneeze came out and Mark hyung turned to look at me. "Are you sick?" he asked. 

 

I laughed and nodded. I remember I once told him that no matter what I never get sick, and right now we are standing here and I am sick. I don't even know how I got sick.

 

"It started this morning. I'd didn't feel good when I woke up but I thought it would go away. I went to the university but Teacher Park told me to go home. He said I can't make anyone else sick." I said laughing. "Why are you here hyung?" I asked confused.

 

I just came back from the school a few minutes ago and haven't even had time to call JB hyung or my mom to tell her that I'm sick. 

 

Mark hyung lifted up a card key. "Jinyoung told me to come get coco. We're not going anywhere today and I mentioned that coco is home alone."

 

"Hyung..." I said laughing. "If you have the card then why did you ring the bell?" I asked.

 

"I didn't want to scare coco." Mark hyung replied. I stared at him and laughed. I still don't know what he is talking about sometimes.

 

"And I'm here today." I said. "I just got back home."

 

I walked to the couch to sit down. "I haven't even called my mom or JB hyung." I said looking up at Mark hyung.

 

"Want me to call Jaebum and you call your mom?" he asked. I looked at him and he was playing with coco again. Mark hyung really really loves coco. Coco even helped us to become closer. I remember before every time Mark hyung and I were alone, it would be awkward, but now it's comfortable.

 

I thank coco for this.

 

"Hey. Are you listening to me?"

 

"It's ok. I'll call JB hyung." I said standing up to go get my phone from my room. 

 

"Wait. I think your mom would like it if you call her first. Jaebum will only call your mom too. You should call her. I'll call Jaebum." Mark said. 

 

I stared at him and he suddenly looked worried. 

 

I guess my mom is the only one that can do something to make me feel better.

 

I smiled and nodded. "Ok. I'll call my mom. You should call Jr hyung too and tell him that I'm home." I said. "Or I should call him?" I asked.

 

"Hey. Are you hearing me? I'll call. You're sick Youngjae. I'll even call your mom for you if you want." Mark hyung replied. I laughed and a loud cough came out again.

 

"Uhhh..." I groaned loudly and put a hand on my head.

 

"Sit down. Why are you standing?" Mark asked. 

 

I listened and sat down again next to him. "I was going to get my phone. I went straight to my room to lay down and forgot my phone in there when I heard the door." I said. 

 

"I'll get it." Mark said. I laughed. "You don't need to hyung. I'm not dying." I said.

 

Mark hyung didn't listen and walked towards my room anyway.

 

"Thank You!" I yelled in English, still laughing.

 

It seems Mark hyung is really protective of people who are sick. I remember when JB hyung got sick a long time ago Mark hyung didn't show it a lot but he was very worried. 

 

He returned and lifted my phone in the air. "It's on silent." he said. I nodded. "When I'm at work I turn it off or put it on silent so I don't get in trouble." I replied. 

 

"I sent you a text saying I'm going to come get coco." Mark gave me my phone and I read the text, laughed and apologized. 

 

"Call your mom." he said. "Ok hyung." I said still laughing. I dialed my mom and the phone started ringing. 

 

I stared at Mark hyung. He was getting out his phone to call Jr hyung and JB hyung.

 

"Youngjae-ah?"

 

"Hello? Mom?" 

 

"Youngjae-ah, so you finally decide to call me. You didn't even come home for Christmas." she said. I laughed nervously and stood up. Mark hyung looked at me. I could tell he was talking to Jr hyung. 

 

"I'm going to lay down. I don't feel so good." I told him. He nodded and held down coco so she wouldn't follow me.

 

"Youngjae-ah, where are you? Why don't you feel well? Are you sick?" my mom suddenly asked.

 

I laid down on the bed and covered myself with the blankets. "I think I just have a fever." I replied. "My head hurts a little and I'm sneezing a lot." I said.

 

"Are you home? Is Jaebum with you? I'll come now." 

 

"Mo-"

 

The phone went off and I sighed. Of course she will hang up and hurry to me. I didn't go home for Christmas but I talked to her on the phone. She even went to see my sister because my dad went on a business trip and she was alone. 

 

I didn't go home because I thought I should spend Christmas with JB hyung. Usually isn't that what couples do?

 

But instead the guys all came over suddenly. 

 

That day of Christmas, I forgot that I promised Jackson hyung that we will give each other presents. He gave me my present wrapped, but I didn't give him his wrapped because I didn't have time to go buy something to wrap it. 

 

Jackson hyung once told me that he used to do fencing a lot, and he even has a great job in fencing. It took me a long time and it was a little expensive, but I bought Jackson hyung some new fencing materials for Christmas.

 

I had to look on the web and ask a lot of people but finally I bought Jackson hyung a fencing jacket, and two weapons. Something called a foil and another with a hard name like Sabre. 

 

It was really hard to get these materials. Really hard and expensive. But I thought Jackson hyung would really like it, and he did like it a lot.

 

Jackson hyung was so surprised that for the rest of that day he kept acting nice to me. I was eating some ice cream and got some stuck on the side of my mouth and Jackson hyung suddenly stopped me from talking and wiped it away for me.

 

It was so funny and the whole day he wouldn't leave me alone. After this he showed me what he got me. He gave me a box wrapped in black wrapping paper and inside was a lot of things.

 

Jackson hyung got me music notebooks, more hats, pens, books about music therapy, and a few shirts. He said he got me the shirts and hat because I need to start changing my style.

 

JB hyung mentioned again that I wear really baggy clothes that don't fit me. I don't think I do. I think my style is ok.

 

I remember staring at the presents then at Jackson hyung. He told me that he really got all the stuff because he didn't know what to get me. I remember it's him that said in the car the other time that he knows what to get me. He knows what I will like. 

 

Jackson hyung actually got me everything that I like, so I remember suddenly hugging him and he pulled me away after I hit his his arm and laughed loudly. 

 

On Christmas day the guys stayed in the apartment all day. They didn't leave until very late.

 

It was after they left and I took a shower and walked into my room that I saw JB hyung sitting on my bed. I smiled at him, walked to my bag and took something out. 

 

JB hyung didn't give me a present when Jackson hyung and I were doing presents, and I followed him. I didn't give him his present either. 

 

When I walked into my room and he was sitting on my bed holding something, I smiled wide and went to get his gift from my bag. I sat down next to JB hyung and he gave me a envelope.

 

I stared at him with a smile before slowly opening the envelope. It was plane tickets. It was two plane tickets to Japan. 

 

As soon as I saw the tickets I looked up at JB hyung shocked. I've never travelled outside of Korea before. When I saw the tickets I already knew what they were for. 

 

I asked JB hyung what the tickets were for anyway because I wanted him to tell me. When he replied I was so happy that I pushed him on the bed and hugged him. He had to pull me off of him and threaten me before I finally let him go. 

 

JB hyung told me that we were going to Japan on...Valentine's Day. A day for couples right? I've never had a girlfriend but I know all the holidays for couples like peppero day, valentines day, and white day. But these are holidays for a normal couple. 

 

When I said it JB hyung almost hit me and I crossed my arms around my chest, laughed and apologized. I remember after that JB hyung sighed and put his arm around my neck, pulling me close to him. I laughed and quickly pulled away when JB hyung suddenly whispered that we are a normal couple too. 

 

I've been thinking about it for all this time and JB hyung really is a little cheesy. It's like he's a character from a drama. But he doesn't do it all the time. He doesn't do anything cheesy around the others either. 

 

Only when we're alone now.

 

After this JB hyung suddenly said that when we come back from Japan is when we will go for our trip to jeju island on white day. 

 

I thought that JB hyung has been watching many drama's because he was acting so cheesy. I was so shocked that I had my mouth open and JB hyung closed it for me. I laughed and he asked me about my gift. 

 

I got JB hyung tickets too, that's why I was more shocked that we got the same presents. 

 

But my present was just stupid tickets to a b-boy dancing concert event they are having in the first month of the year. JB hyung looked happy, but I was mad that I couldn't get him something like what he got me. 

 

We laughed at each others gifts of tickets and I complained that I should have bought him something different but JB hyung just kept saying that he was happy that I got him the tickets. I even got Yugyeom some tickets because Yugyeom likes dancing too. 

 

We talked about our presents for a little while longer in my room and then fell asleep with coco next to us.

 

This is everything that happened during Christmas, so of course I couldn't go home.

 

If I went home then nothing that happened would have happen. I wouldn't have gotten the chance with the guys and JB hyung.

 

"Youngjae-ah."

 

I snapped away from my thoughts and looked at my mom who was walking towards me. She had two big bags and a big thermos.

 

"Are you okay?" her hand landed on my head and she even kissed my cheek.

 

"Mom..." I whined. "I'm just sick I'm not dying." I said.

 

"I sent Mark to buy some medicine. Your body is really hot. First I'll make you soup and then you need to go take a bath. Can you stand? How long have you been sick?"

 

I chuckled and sneezed. "Only this morning mom. I suddenly woke up and my head and body hurt." I said.

 

"Where's Jaebum? At least Mark is here." she mumbled. She really looked worried. My mom only looks worried and doesn't get mad at me or angry at me for anything when I'm sick. 

 

"He's at work mom." I replied her. I didn't call JB hyung as soon I was told to go home because when JB hyung is in the practice room he usually doesn't look at his phone. It usually takes him a while to look at his phone, and I didn't want to bother him.

 

"Did you call Teacher Park?" she asked. 

 

"I went to work this morning but Teacher Park made me come home as soon as he found out I was sick. I was surprised." I said. "It's been really busy at the school but he told me to go home so I won't make anyone else sick." I said sneezing.

 

"Don't talk so much. You're sic-Coco-ah no. Don't do that." I watched my mom lifting coco up from the bed and taking her away. I would say something but my mom loves coco, the only reason she's doing this is because I'm sick.

 

My mom really becomes very worried when I get sick. I don't think I usually get sick, but when I do she becomes very very worried.

 

I wonder how it's going to be when I go for service.

 

"Lay here. I'll get something to cool you down. Both you and Jaebum always get sick. Do you put on your padding?" she asked.

 

"JB hyung was sick only one time mom." I replied laughing.

 

"It's dangerous. Wait here." 

 

I watched as she left my room. My mom came back with a bowl of water. She took out a towel from her bag that she brought. 

 

I laid down flat and waited. She usually does this when I have a fever. A cold towel landed on my head and I sighed in relief and almost fell asleep right then. 

 

"Let's wait for Mark-ah and then you can go shower. Eat soup and come to sleep." she said.

 

"I want to sleep now." I whined.

 

"Sleep for a little bit." she said patting my cheek. I smiled and closed my eyes.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know how long I was sleeping but suddenly I heard my mom's voice loudly calling me.

 

"Youngjae-ah. Mark is here. Get up a little and take this medicine." she said, trying to lift me up.

 

"I called Jinyoung and Jaebum. Jinyoung is on his way. Jaebum said he'll come as soon as he can." Mark hyung said.

 

I smiled and nodded, two loud sneezes coming out.

 

"How did you suddenly get sick? Are you wearing your padding like I told you to? It's very cold Youngjae-ah. You need to wear a lot." my mom scolded me and I chuckled and nodded.

 

She took out the thermos and poured me some hot tea. "Drink this with medicine. It will help you get better faster." she said. I obeyed and took the tea and the medicine she made Mark hyung go out to buy. 

 

They were both very sour.

 

"Thanks mom." I mumbled, making a face at the sour medicine and tea.

 

She stared at me with a frown on her face. "How is your body?" she lifted the towel and checked my temperature with hers again. It only made her frown and scold me even more. I could tell she was really worried. "Your skin is getting more hot. How do you feel Youngjae-ah?" she asked me.

 

"It feels like when I got a fever before. I feel the same way I always do. I think I just need some sleep mom. My head hurts suddenly." I mumbled, pulling myself back onto the bed. 

 

"Let me change the towel." she said, taking the wet and warm towel off my head. "Mark-ah, look in my bag and get me another small towel." she said.

 

I watched as Mark hyung got the towel and my mom took both towels and put it in the bowl of water on my desk. She came back with two towels. She put the first one back on my forehead then she put the other one around my neck.

 

"What's this mom?" I asked.

 

"It will cool you down. Shh...go to sleep now." she said. 

 

"I thought you wanted me to shower and eat." I said.

 

"Can you do that now?" she surprisingly asked me. I laughed and shook my head before closing my eyes. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up again by the sound of JB hyung's voice. 

 

I opened my eyes and I could see a shadow walk towards the bed. "JB hyung." I managed to get out. My voice got worse while I was sleeping.

 

Suddenly someone grabbed my ear and lightly pulled it. "Why didn't you call me to pick you up?" JB hyung asked. He lightly tugged at my ear again and I chuckled.

 

"I thought you were busy." I replied. 

 

There was a short silence.

 

"Next time call me." JB said. The light on the table and I could see JB hyung's face. He smelled like sweat.

 

"Did you just come back?" I asked. "Yeah." he replied. He kept staring at me. "Hyung. Are you going to let my ear go?" I finally asked, a cough escaped me and I laughed.

 

"You're not feeling any better?" JB asked. He took the towel off my head and around my neck and walked to the bowl of water. He did the same thing my mom did and came back and put cold towels on my head and neck again.

 

"Your mom left to go grocery shopping. She left a lot of food. She wants you to take a shower and eat." JB said. 

 

"I want to sleep." I whined.

 

Suddenly JB hyung grabbed my ear again. "Hyung..." I whined laughing. "Hey. I said go take a shower." JB said. He continued pulling my ear.

 

"Ok. Ok." I said. JB hyung smirked and I stared at him and laughed. "Let me get up." I said. I noticed that he was almost laying on me. He was so close.

 

"You're going to get sick hyung." I said, trying to get up. JB hyung continued staring at me. I caught eyes with him and was going to ask him if there was something on my face when he suddenly kissed me. 

 

My eyes went wide and I stared at him. He came closer again and almost kissed me again when I put a hand on his mouth. 

 

"What are you doing? You're going to get sick." I said. 

 

JB hyung smiled I stared at him in confusion. He pulled my hand away from his mouth and helped me get up. 

 

I took a quick shower, spending a little more time in the bathroom. It was taking me so long to get dressed so when JB hyung suddenly knocked on the door it scared me and I jumped.

 

"What are you doing in there? I warmed up the food and the rice is done." JB said. 

 

"You cooked?" I asked.

 

"I only made the rice. I told you your mom made a lot of food." JB replied. "Why do you lock the door when you take a shower? You embarrassed?" he suddenly asked. 

 

I laughed. "Because if I leave the door open then Jackson hung will suddenly come inside when I'm getting dressed." I replied.

 

"How about if he isn't here?" JB asked. 

 

"If I didn't lock the door then JB hyung will suddenly come in here right?" I asked.

 

There was a short silence. "Hey. Are you done yet. I'm hungry." JB hyung whined and I could only laugh. "You didn't eat already hyung?" I asked. "I'm waiting for you. We're waiting for you." he replied. I laughed loudly and finally walked to the door and opened it. 

 

JB was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. I continued laughing. "JB hyung is acting cute again." I said.

 

"Hey. I said hurry." he grabbed my hand in his. I thought he would pull me to go eat but instead we walked to go eat. JB hyung was holding my hand not too tight. I wanted to say something to joke about it but I decided not to after I sneezed a few times. 

 

He let my hand go before we got to the table. Mark , Jr, Jackson hyung, and Yugyeom were already sitting down with coco.

 

I didn't know they were here. When did Jr hyung and Yugyeom come?

 

"Of course Youngjae would get himself sick." Jr hyung said. I laughed at him.

 

"How are you feeling?" he asked. 

 

"A little better. My head isn't hurting so much anymore." I said.

 

"But his body is still hot." JB said. I glanced at him. He was already starting to eat. He pushed my bowl of rice closer to me.

 

"Where's BamBam?" I asked.

 

"He joined a fashion club at school." Yugyeom said. "Really?" I asked. 

 

"It's getting bad now. He bought more bright pink shoes. They have heels too. I don't know what he's thinking anymore." Yugyeom said.

 

I laughed.

 

"I went with him. He helped me buy new clothes. They were all expensive." Jackson said. "He made me use my card. We went to eat meat after and I paid. This kid."

 

"You went to eat meat with BamBam?" Jr hyung suddenly asked. 

 

"It's starting." Yugyeom said.

 

"He made me go." Jackson replied. "I took you out to go eat before." Jackson said.

 

"We didn't eat meat. I paid half too." Jr hyung pouted and I chuckled and sneezed.

 

"I don't want to pay. BamBam always forgets his wallet." Jackson hyung said.

 

"And I have to pay anyway." he said.

 

"It's because you love BamBam." Jr hyung said. I continued laughing, having to drink some water when I felt a cough coming.

 

"Hey. Aren't you sick?" Jackson hyung asked.

 

"Calm down. Your acting like you haven't eaten." Mark hyung said. He patted my back and asked if I was ok.

 

"I'm fine. It's because I didn't eat anything after I came home." I said.

 

"Hey." JB hyung scolded me and I laughed. 

 

"Isn't JB hyung's birthday coming up?" Yugyeom suddenly asked.

 

"It is." I replied. "His first birthday party with us since he returned." I said.

 

"How did you celebrate at service?" Yugyeom asked. "Not much. It just passed by. The other guys would watch girl groups dancing on TV." he said.

 

"Dont worry, we have something really good planned." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"Huh?"

 

We planned something?

 

"Right?" Jr hyung said. His eyes went wide and I almost laughed. We were all confused because we really didn't plan anything yet but we all said yes anyway. 

 

Originally I thought I would just go buy a cake and JB hyung and I would just celebrate it together, but Jr hyung is right JB hyung needs a big party. 

 

"We don't need to have anything big." JB said.

 

"What? Yes we do. We need a really big party. You like vanilla cake with the strawberries right? We're going to make your favorite food too." Jr hyung said.

 

"Hey. How are we going to do that? We can't cook." Jackson asked.

 

I laughed.

 

"Then I want Youngjae to make the cake." JB hyung suddenly said. I turned to him and my eyes went wide. "Are you kidding hyung?" I asked laughing.

 

"No." JB hyung replied.

 

"I don't think you will be able to eat it." Yugyeom said. 

 

"I want that as my birthday present." JB said.

 

"Hyung what's wrong with you?" I asked chuckling. A loud sneeze came out and I had to get up to go blow my nose. When I returned, they were still talking about it. 

 

"Ok." I said sitting down.

 

They all turned to look at me. "I'll ask my mom to help me." I said. "No. Only you." JB hyung replied smirking.

 

I stared at him then chuckled.

 

"Ok. Ok let's stop talking about it. It's supposed to be a surprise. He can't know what we are going to plan." Jr hyung said.

 

Yugyeom's phone suddenly started ringing. "BamBam." he said, putting it on speaker.

 

"Are you still at JB hyung's apartment?" BamBam asked.

 

"Get over here! I heard you bought more pink shoes." Mark hyung suddenly yelled. It still always surprises me. I laughed and continued eating.

 

Suddenly I felt a finger on the side of my mouth. I looked up and caught eyes with Mark hyung. "There's rice on the side of your mouth." he said. I laughed and wiped my mouth.

 

Seconds after that my eyes caught JB hyung's eyes. He was staring at me as usual. My heart quickly started beating and I stopped laughing. 

 

I'm suddenly nervous.

"Let's go meet him." Jackson hyung suddenly said. I looked up at him and he was getting ready with Yugyeom. I guessed that they were going to meet BamBam. 

 

"I'm going to go blow my nose." I said getting up, walking to the bathroom. I stopped by my room and grabbed a mask. 

 

"You're going to wear that?" Jr hyung asked. 

 

"I'm sneezing a lot more." I said. "It doesn't matter." Mark said. I stared at him. In the beginning when I first met Mark hyung he would scold me if I sneezed and forgot to cover my mouth or something. 

 

"I don't want to get anyone else sick." I said chuckling and putting the mask on anyway. 

 

Jackson hyung and Yugyeom returned with BamBam a few minutes after they left. "Youngjae hyung are you feeling better?" BamBam asked me as soon as he saw me.

 

"I feel better. My head doesn't hurt as much as before but I'm still sneezing and coughing so stay away or you're going to get sick." I warned him.

 

"How's your temperature?" JB hyung asked. 

 

I put my hand on my head. "Come here." JB said. I smiled and walked up to him. He put his hand on my forehead and made a face before putting the same hand on his head.

 

"It's gone down a little. Your mom said to keep putting the towels on your head until it's really low so lay down after this and I'll put the towels back on your head." JB said.

 

"Oh...I've never seen JB hyung like this." BamBam suddenly said. 

 

"Youngjae hyung was like this before when JB hyung got sick remember?" Yugyeom said. 

 

"I was?" I acted as if I didn't know what Yugyeom was talking about. "Don't act like you don't remember." Yugyeom said. I chuckled and nodded. 

 

Two sneezes suddenly left me and I grabbed my head in pain. "At this point Jaebum hyung will get sick too right?" BamBam asked. 

 

"No. I told JB hyung to stay away." I said, catching eyes with him again, remembering earlier in my room when he suddenly kissed me.

 

JB hyung didn't respond. He just continued eating. 

 

When we're alone he's so touchy and won't leave me alone. But when the guys are around JB hyung acts as if I don't even exist or he stares really hard at me when we catch eyes.

 

"Hey."

 

I snapped from my thoughts smiling wide. 

 

"I said are you done?" JB asked.

 

"Huh? Yes." I replied. 

 

"Let's play rock paper scissors to see who cleans up and does the dishes."

 

"What..." I whined.

 

"I'll do them." JB hyngsuddenly said. We all turned to him. Usually JB hyung is a neat freak and always cleans when he gets the chance but when it comes to dishes not even JB hyung wants to do them.

 

"Wow." BamBam suddenly said in English. I chuckled.

 

"Then I'll help." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

"Even more wow." Jr hyung said. I laughed loudly. 

 

I ended up laying down on the couch and JB hyung did as he said. He put the towels back on my head and around my neck. The guys found a singing show for me to watch and even watched it with me. They were acting as if was dying and not sick. 

 

I just smiled, happy inside.  

 

We spent the rest of the night like this and I fell asleep before the guys left. When I woke up again JB hyung was trying to push me up to go sleep in my room. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

My phone started ringing loudly. I groaned and opened my eyes finally. I was in deep sleep but I could still hear the familiar ring of my phone. I also heard the sound of the shower. 

 

I grabbed my phone, my eyes still closed.

 

"Hello?" I groaned out. A sudden cough came out and I pulled myself up, keeping my eyes closed.

 

"Youngjae-ah."

 

"Teacher Park." I opened my eyes to the sound of Teacher Park's voice. Even thought it was dark I could tell I was in JB hyung's room. 

 

"It seems you're still sick. Today it's really busy again Youngjae-ah." Teacher Park said. 

 

"I'll come." I quickly said.

 

Originally I'm not supposed to have time off yet. Teacher Park and I agreed on vacation days. The trip that JB hyung planned will start before lunar new year. That means I needed to get time off before lunar new year, and so I told Teacher Park that I would work every single day and switch my vacation to the week before lunar new year.

 

He agreed, but it means that I'm not supposed to have a day off. I didn't know I would suddenly get sick. 

 

"I'll need you for only a few hours then you can go straight home. I didn't want to call you but at this point it's become too busy." Teacher Park said.

 

"No. No. I'm fine to come. I can just wear a mask. I feel better but I'm still sneezing." I said chuckling. "I'll be there in a hour." I said getting up to turn on the lights. 

 

"I'll let you go as soon as I have free time." Teacher Park said. "It's ok. Let me hang up and hurry to the school." I said.

 

With this I turned off the phone and started looking through JB hyung's closet. I could go into my room to find something but some of my clothes are still in JB hyung's room. 

 

It was when I was finally putting on a shirt that the door opened and JB hyung walked in with a towel around his waist. He didn't say anything at first but after I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and came back in the room with a mask on JB hyung stopped me.

 

"Where are you going?" he asked. 

 

I sneezed. "I have to go in today. Teacher Park really needs me today." I said. 

 

"Do you have to go?" JB hyung asked.

 

"I won't be long. I'm just going to help him with something and then I'll come back."

 

"You're sick." JB said.

 

I turned to look at him, smiled and chuckled. "I'll be fine hyung. I'll wear a mask so I don't get anyone else sick. I'll come back and go to sleep." I said laughing.

 

He sighed. I stared at him and smiled.

 

Is JB hyung worried?

 

"Hurry up and come sleep. There's a lot of soup left. All you need to do is warm it up. I'll try to come back early from work today. Don't do anything stupid." JB hyung said. 

 

"I don't do anything stupid." I replied laughing.

 

"You said you can come into work when you're really sick." JB replied. I just stared at him, still chuckling.

 

"It won't be long." I finally replied. I could tell that JB hyung was annoyed. He was annoyed that I said yes to going into work when I was bothering him all night because my fever went up and I couldn't stop sneezing. 

 

I can remember that at least.

 

"Hurry up. Wear a big sweater and put padding on. I'll drop you off. When you're done call me and I'll pick you up and bring you back." JB said.

 

"Can you do that hyung?" I asked sneezing.

 

"Hey. I said hurry." JB hyung replied. He walked towards me, an arm went around me and he pulled me towards the closet. I was glad that I took a shower the night before. I couldn't imagine having to take one when it was so cold.

 

JB hyung pulled out one of his heavy sweaters and gave it to me. I put it on and after he pulled out my padding jacket that my mom gave him a little while ago when he came to my house. 

 

I quickly put it on. 

 

While I was putting the padding on JB hyung went out of the room for a few moments. He came back a few minutes later. "We don't have time so we'll buy something to eat on the way." he said. "Are you finished?" he asked me. 

 

I nodded and smiled, a cough coming out. I turned around and put my mask on again. I had to take it off earlier to blow my nose. 

 

"I hope I don't get anyone sick." I said chuckling. 

 

JB hyung just grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room. He grabbed his large jacket and we left the apartment.

 

We stopped by somewhere to get food first. JB hyung bought two bowls of hot soup and some gimbap from the convenience store. When we reached the school he made sure again and again that I brought my medicine. It was a little funny. He was acting like my mom would act.

 

To be honest I didn't think JB hung would act so worried. Maybe a little worried but not as worried as my mom would act. Actually, JB hyung has been acting like this since he came yesterday and was annoyed at me for not calling him to come pick me up. 

 

I really didn't want to bother him, and I could easily take the bus, but JB hyung was irritated at me the whole day because I didn't call. I wondered why and after a while I realized it's because he wanted me to call him not Mark hyung. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Teacher Park really only needed me to finish a few papers for him. It really didn't take me that long. Before I knew it I was finished with the work and Teacher Park told me I could go home. I took the chance to finish eating the gimbap and call JB hyung so he didn't become annoyed at me again.

 

JB hyung picked up at the first three rings. I kept telling him that I can take the bus but he continued saying that he would come pick me up.

 

It took JB hyung a long time to arrive. After I finally finished eating the gimbap I stood up to go wait inside the building when I suddenly got a call to come outside. JB hyung was parked waiting for me. He was standing besides his car. I waved at him and ran towards the car.

 

"How are you feeling?" he asked me as soon as I sat down in the car.

 

"I think I'm getting better, but I'm sleepy." I admitted.

 

"Go to sleep when I drop you off. Your mom went to pick up coco so she's not home." JB suddenly said.

 

"Huh? You talked to my mom?" I asked.

 

"She called me and I said you went to work. She was about to call you but I told her that you'll be home and sleep soon. I told her the passcode for the door so she could go pick up coco and you can sleep when you get home."

 

I stared at him.

 

"What?" JB hyung finally asked. I chuckled and looked away. "Nothing I was just surprised." I said.

 

"Why?" he asked.

 

"I don't know." I replied.

 

"Hey."

 

I laughed, playing with my fingers. "I just can't believe you managed to convince my mom not to call me." I said.

 

"It was easy. She just wanted to know how you were feeling. She said if she called you you will lie to her." JB hyung said.

 

I laughed loudly and sneezed. 

 

"I just don't want her to worry." I mumbled.

 

"It's ok." JB hyung said. "I'm going to meet with Mark after work so I'll be home late. I'll try not to wake yo-What am I saying? You don't wake up at any sound." JB hyung said.

 

I hit his arm and laughed. "I do. Today I even heard my phone ringing and the shower." I said.

 

"That's right. You got better." JB said.

 

"I did." I said laughing. 

 

We got to the apartment fast. I was happy to see the apartment because it meant I could really just go to sleep.

 

"Don't go and play games or something." JB hyung said.

 

"Ah, I got caught." I said, laughing.

 

"Hey. I mean it." JB hyung said.

 

I laughed. "I won't do it. I'm actually really tired hyung." I admitted. I opened the door and got out.

 

"It's cold!" I yelled.

 

I caught JB hyung laughing. 

 

"I'll see you later tonight." he said smiling at me. I smiled back and nodded before closing the door. I was going to wait for JB hyung to drive away but he rolled down the window and yelled at me to get inside. I laughed loudly and ran into the apartment.

 

As soon as I changed and fell on the bed I fell asleep. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't wake up until the next morning, and I was already feeling much better then before. I even called Teacher Park and told him that I will be able to come to work tomorrow.

 

After talking to Teacher Park I called my mom and made sure coco was okay. I convinced her that she didn't need to come see me because I was really feeling better. She also said she wasn't brining coco back because she missed coco. 

 

After talking to her I called my sister because my mom told me that she wanted me to call her. I called her and made sure she was okay. Finally after all the phone calls I sat on the couch and watched a singing show. 

 

It was during this that I got a call from JB hyung. He said he was making sure I was okay. I played around and asked him if I'm a child in his eyes and he replied with a yes. I laughed loudly until he said he had to go back to practice. 

 

After this I took a shower and then found something to eat. After eating I found another show to watch.

 

It becomes really boring when coco isn't around. 

 

I fell asleep at some point because I woke up with the movement of my shoulder and JB hyung's voice calling my name. I opened my eyes after a long time. All the lights were and I quickly covered my eyes.

 

"Hey, Choi Youngjae. If you're going to sleep go sleep in your room." JB said. I could hear him eating. The TV was on too. 

 

I really slept through JB hyung making food and turning on the TV?

 

There was a short silence and I kept my eyes closed. I could feel JB hyung sitting next to me. He moved my legs slightly so he could fit. 

 

"What are you watching?" I finally asked, groaning as I finally opened my eyes again and got up.

 

"A new rap show that Jackson has been talking about." JB hyung replied. I stared at the food he was eating then at the TV. We watched TV for a few minutes.

 

"Go find something to eat." JB hyung finally said after a commercial came on. "But I'm not hungry." I replied. "Really?" he asked. He had his eyes wide. 

 

I chuckled. "I'm not hungry all the time hyung." I said.

 

"So you're feeling better?" 

 

"I'm feeling better now. The sneezing is going away." I said, a sneeze coming out quickly.

 

"Hey." JB said.

 

I laughed. "No. No, this is something else. Allergies. Allergies." I lied.

 

JB hyung stared at me and I laughed and stood up. "Did you put this around me?" I finally noticed the blanket around me. I didn't go to sleep with a blanket. 

 

"You were shivering. You want your fever to come back again?" JB hyung asked and I stared at him smiling. "No. I don't." I replied. "I need to go back to work tomorrow" I said. "Thank you hyung."

 

We caught eyes.

 

"You're working tomorrow?" 

 

"I called to go back to work tomorrow" I replied.

 

JB shrugged. "Up to you. I can tell you're feeling a little better." he said. "I am." I replied.

 

"Don't overwork yourself."

 

"You too hyung." I replied. We caught eyes again and I just smiled wide. 

 

JB hyung turned back to the TV and I yawned.

 

"I'm going to go sleep." I said standing up.

 

"Some more?" JB asked. I laughed and looked down at him. "It's 12am." I said looking at the clock. "I need to go to work in a few hours." I reminded him. 

 

I started walking to my room. "You're not going to shower?" JB hyung stopped me again.

 

I turned around to face him. "I already took one. I'm not dirty hyung." I said laughing.

 

"You're not." JB replied.

 

"Yes." I said in English. "I'm not dirty but JB hyung is the one that smells like the practice room." I said chuckling.

 

"I do?" JB hyung smelled his shirt and I laughed at him.

 

"I'm going to go take a shower. Leave space for me. Don't sleep on the covers again." he said getting up. I watched him walk into the kitchen, a smile coming on my face. 

 

Sometimes I fall asleep on the covers and so JB hyung will grab the covers and roll me over to the wall. It happened a lot when I used to share his room with him and slept next to the wall. 

 

"I won't!" I yelled laughing, responding late. JB hyung didn't reply.

 

He didn't use the excuse that his room is cold today. I guess we will start sleeping on the same bed again.

 

"Just in a different room." I mumbled laughing.

 

I walked into my room and at some point I fell asleep again. I wasn't awake when JB hyung came into my room to sleep. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

JB hyung woke me up the next morning. He looked like he just got out of the shower so I rushed into the bathroom. When I came out he was alreaady dressed. He left the room.

 

I finished getting dressed and started to blow dry my hair when JB hyung walked into the room with convenience store gimbap again. I laughed when I saw him.

 

"Hurry so we can eat before we leave." he said.

 

I nodded and quickly finished drying my hair the best I could. JB hyung and I ate the gimbap and I finished the ginseng soup my mom left me. We quickly left after that because we didn't have time.

 

JB hyung quickly dropped me off and I rushed into the university, coughing and sniffing a little. I put on my mask just in case. 

 

I got a little time to rest in the teachers room before Teacher Park's classes started. He just told me to sit in his classes in the morning, and then I helped teach the students the piano in the afternoon.

 

They were all worried and asked why I was missing for three days but after sneezing a couple of times they realized themselves.

 

After the piano classes I got some break and was on my way to the convenience store to go buy some food when I got a call from Mark hyung. 

 

I missed the first call but Mark hyung quickly called again and I picked up.

 

"Hello? Mark hyung." I said smiling.

 

"Youngjae-ah, let's meet to eat something today." Mark hyung suddenly said. I stopped walking.

 

"Right now?" I asked.

 

"What time do you get back from the university? Let's eat meat." Mark said. My eyes went wide and I could already taste the meat.

 

"I only have a few more hours. Where should I come?" I asked, continuing to walk to the convenience store.

 

Mark hyung told me the restaurant name and it made me even more hungry.

 

"I'll pick you up when you get off." he said.

 

"No. It's close by so I'll just walk." I replied.

 

"Hey." Mark said.

 

"Huh?" I looked up to see the convenience store. I stopped in the front of the store.

 

"Aren't you still sick? Let me pick you up." Mark hyung said.

 

I laughed and went inside the store and grabbed a spicy bulgolgi lunch box set. 

 

"It's fine hyung. The place is close by and I need to walk a little." I said. "Don't worry. I'll be there as soon as I finish. I'll call you. Start grilling the meat first hyung." I replied.

 

Mark hyung finally agreed before hanging up the phone. 

 

I quickly hurried back to the university and did everything quickly, thinking about Mark hyung buying meat for us to eat.

 

 After work I hurried to the restaurant. I had to call Mark hyung because I couldn't find the exact place but when I finally did my eyes went wide because I could already smell the meat grilling.

 

When I walked inside there was a lot of people. It was loud and crowded. 

 

I've never been to this restaurant before.

 

I looked around for a few seconds before I finally saw the familiar hairstyle that Mark hyung always has.

 

"Mark hyung!" I yelled out his name loudly so he could hear me over everyone else talking. Mark hyung waved me over and I laughed loudly and quickly walked to the table, already hungry.

 

"I couldn't find you. I was looking for you." I said laughing as I sat down. I sneezed but I had my mask on.

 

"You are still sick right? How's your fever?" he asked. 

 

"I really feel better now hyung. Can I eat?" I asked, looking down at the meat that he was already grilling.

 

"Yeah. It's done." he replied. I took off my mask, opened my bowl of rice, and quickly started eating. "So there's something you wanted to talk about?" I asked. Mark hyung and I talk a lot when we're together, but Mark hyung doesn't really like talking on the phone, so I wasn't surprised when he called me.

 

I thought it could only be one reason to call me. He wanted to talk about something. 

 

"Eat a little more. We don't have to talk about it right now." he replied.

 

"I knew it. You want to talk about something. Did something happen?" I asked. 

 

"Not now. After we eat. Hey. Your nose." Mark hyung handed me a tissue and I wiped my nose and apologized.

 

He laughed and patted my head. I caught eyes with him. 

 

"Um..." I paused and stared at him chuckling. "You're acting strange hyung. Did something really happen?" I asked.

 

"Where's coco?" Mark hyung suddenly asked.

 

"My mom came to pick her up yesterday. She said she missed coco and she won't return her for a while." I replied. "Don't worry. When coco comes back you can have time with her." I said. 

 

Mark just nodded and continued eating. We ate in silence. If we weren't eating then it would be awkward, but we are eating so it is comfortable. Usually when Mark hyung and I eat we like to eat in silence unless we have to talk.

 

"I'm so full." I said loudly after my second bowl of rice.

 

"Me too. Maybe I ordered too much." Mark said. I laughed and nodded.

 

A short silence passed. I was about to ask him why he was out of work so early when he interrupted me. 

 

"You and Jaebum." he suddenly said.

 

"Huh?" I said confused. I chuckled at him, not understanding his sudden words.

 

"I know Youngjae." Mark hyung suddenly said. 

 

I paused and stared at him. I wasn't confused at his next words. My heart quickly started beating fast. I was already nervous. 

 

"I don't understand hyung, what do you know?" I tried to act confused. 

 

First Jackson hyung now out of all people...Mark hyung?

 

Somehow, Mark hyung knowing about JB hyung and I makes me scared. A little scared of his reaction. 

 

"Youngjae." Mark said my name and I stared at him, trying to just laugh it off. I could hear my own nervous laughing. 

 

"It's ok I kind of knew before but now I really know." he said.

 

I sighed and nodded, drinking the cola that was in front of me. I stared at the can of cola for a little while more before looking up. "Who said?" I asked.

 

Mark hyung suddenly smiled. "He told me not to tell you. I didn't think he could get so jealous." he said.

 

I knew who Mark hyung was talking about.

 

"JB hyung?" I said surprised.

 

JB hyung was jealous?

 

"Of what?" I asked.

 

Mark hyung stared at me. "JB hyung was jealous? What was he jealous of?" I asked.

 

"I don't know if you would say...jealous?" Mark hyung said.

 

"It's like when you see your girlfriend with another guy and you don't like it or something...hm? Did I explain that right?" I asked.

 

"I know what it means. I guess you would say Jaebum was jealous." Mark said. "Don't tell him I told you though."

 

"Huh?" I stared at him confused.

 

"Like I said. I kind of already knew. Jackson once said something like that but I thought he was joking around like how Yugyeom always jokes that we're married or something." Mark said.

 

"Married." I mumbled, chuckling. "It's a joke."

 

"I thought it was like that for you and Jaebum hyung too." Mark said.

 

I nodded. A short silence passed. I picked up some meat and started eating again. I didn't want to show it to Mark hyung, but I was really really nervous. I remember JB hyung once said something like the guys know about us. 

 

When Jackson hyung suddenly talked to me about it in the car months ago, I was surprised and scared but I also kind of knew that out of everyone, Jr hyung and Jackson hyung probably knew something. I remember Jackson hyung used to tease me and Jaebum hyung all the time. 

 

He still does.

 

I guess I just never imagined Mark hyung would come talk to me about it.

 

Mark hyung is from LA. Wouldn't he be disgusted by something like this? But Foreigners are usually more accepting of this right? What should I do?

 

"So how long has it been?" Mark suddenly asked. "Jaebum said three years." he said.

 

So JB hyung really did talk to him about it. Then maybe I shouldn't be so scared.

 

"Huh?" I lifted my head and we caught eyes. 

 

"I could kind of tell that you really like Jaebum." he whispered to me. This is when I noticed that we were out in public. It was loud with other people talking and eating, but we were still out in public.

 

"It's been three years." I replied. "It started around the time I graduated. Mark hyung..." I paused and leaned closer. "I really like JB hyung." I whispered and quickly pulled away embarrassed at my own words.

 

Mark smiled and nodded. "I can tell. I think we all can tell?" he said.

 

"Jinyoung hyung and Jackson hyung already know." I said. "Yeah. What? Did you think I would be mad?" Mark asked.

 

"I thought you would be disgusted." I replied honestly.

 

"What..." Mark hyung yelled. I stared at him, surprised. He looked angry. "Who do you think we are? How long have we known each other? How long have we been together? None of us will hate you Youngjae. Love who you love. It doesn't matter." he said.

 

I continued staring at him, still surprised that he got so mad. It's rare to see Mark hyung show his anger and yell out so loudly. 

 

He stared back at me for a while before sighing. I watched a smile come on Mark hyung's face and he picked up a piece of meat and fed it to me. I groaned. "I said I'm full hyung..." I said chuckling.

 

"But you're still eating it." he replied. 

 

I laughed loudly.

 

"Youngjae." Mark suddenly said. "Yes hyung?" I replied, staring at the grill. "Wait. How can I say this properly...." he paused.

 

I lifted my head to see Mark hyung thinking deeply, staring at the grill too. We finally caught eyes again and we both smiled.

 

"Don't be afraid of Jaebum. Don't be afraid of us." Mark hyung said. I stared at him. "What? Did I say it wrong?" he asked me. I smiled more and shook my head no. 

 

"No." I replied. "Wait...this is strange but...did JB hyung maybe...did he say something?" I asked, thinking of what JB hyung said to me weeks ago in the music room at the university, that I need to hurry and fall in love so we can go further.

 

I know what going further means now. I'm not so innocent and stupid as I was before. I know it all now.

 

Did JB hyung say something?

 

"I started talking about us going out to eat and how coco has made us closer and he stopped me and suddenly said that he likes you and you two are in a relationship." Mark said. I stared at him, my heart beating fast as I suddenly imagined JB hyung doing something so cheesy.

 

If it was before, I wouldn't believe Mark hyung that JB hyung did something like that, but now I can believe it. The longer I'm with JB hyung the more I see new sides of him. 

 

"What did you say hyung?" I asked.

 

"I was surprised because he suddenly said it, but then we started talking about it more. He asked if I like you." Mark said laughing. "Really?" I almost yelled, really surprised. "What is he doing? How can he ask you that? Sorry." I apologized for JB hyung but my heart was still beating at even imagining the thought that JB hyung could act so jealous. 

 

"I don't think he realized he was acting...jealous." Mark hyung said. I stared at him. "But by the way he was talking, I think...love." Mark said in English. 

 

"What? What are you saying?" I quickly said chuckling nervously. 

 

"It is. Love." he said again. "It's like a drama or something." he said chuckling. I just laughed with him. A short silence passed again.

 

"I called you here to say that I support you Youngjae." Mark hyung suddenly said. "What...what is this suddenly hyung." I mumbled, my heart beat slowly starting to calm down finally.

 

"Fighting!" Mark hyung suddenly yelled. "What...what are you saying. Hyung don't do this. My heart is started to beat again. What should I do? Why don't I know what to d-"

 

My phone suddenly started ringing and I quickly picked it up without looking at who was calling.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Youngjae-ah, I'm coming back early today. Should I pick you up?" JB hyung suddenly asked. 

 

"JB hyung!" I didn't mean to, but my voice sounded surprised and a little shocked.

 

There was a short silence. "Are you working now? I'll call you back then." JB said.

 

"No. No. I'm with Mark hyung." I said.

 

A short silence passed.

 

"We're eating meat! Come over." I said.

 

"Where?" JB asked. I told him the address and then hung up the phone. Mark hyung smiled and winked at me so I hit him on the arm. I don't usually hit Mark hyung even when I laugh but he was staring am me strangely. 

 

It took a while for JB hyung to arrive since the restaurant is closer to Mark and Jackson hyung's apartment and their apartment is far away from JB hyung's company. 

 

"Over here!" I yelled out towards JB hyung when I saw him looking around. He smiled and quickly walked over to us. 

 

"You got some for me?" he asked, calling over someone to order something else. "I'll get one lunchbox and chicken soup with ginseng. Let me get two." he said looking at me.

 

"How is your fever?" he asked me. "Did you have some soup already?" he asked. I laughed. "No." I replied.

 

"Yeah, then I'll have two of the chicken and ginseng soup." JB hyung said. The waiter repeated the order and walked away.

 

"Hyung." I said.

 

"Yeah?" JB hyung looked at me and began flipping the meat on the grill that Mark hyung and I ordered for him before he arrived.

 

"I'm full." I whined.

 

"It's good for your fever." JB said. "But I'm not sick anymore." I said laughing. "Hey." JB said. I continued laughing. Somehow my mom has made JB hyung turn into the way she acts when I'm sick.

 

Mark hyung suddenly started laughing too. JB hyung and I both looked at him. "Maybe Yugyeom is wrong." he said.

 

"Huh?"

 

"You two are the married couple." Mark hyung said, pointing at me and JB hyung. 

 

"What? What are you saying?" JB said. "Is this why you two are here?" he asked. "Sorry." Mark hyung replied. "Youngjae forced me to say it." 

 

"What? I didn't." I said loudly, laughing. 

 

The three of us laughed and soon JB hyung's food came. He forced me to have the soup and I obeyed, not wanting to hear him scold me. Also, I knew the soup would make me feel a little more better.

 

"So I guess another person knows." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

"Jinyoung hyung, Jackson hyung, and Mark hyung." I mumbled, keeping my eyes away.

 

"BamBam and Yugyeom don't know?" Mark hyung asked.

 

"They don't. Don't tell them hyung." I said. "I won't." Mark replied.

 

 

"Thank you." I mumbled.

 

"But it's unfair that we all know besides them." Mark hyung suddenly said. "Don't be afraid Youngjae." he said. 

 

"I'm not." I replied.

 

"You are." JB hyung said.

 

I stared at him and sighed. "I was afraid before, I'll admit it. But now I'm not. I just want to tell them when it's a good time." I said. 

 

A short silence passed.

 

"Ok. Ok. I understand. Finish your soup and stop looking like that." JB hyung said. He pulled my ear and I laughed and pulled away. 

 

It seems that JB hyung's new habit is pulling on my ear. 

 

Mark hyung left after getting a call from Jr hyung to go with him to watch a movie.

 

He left some money with us to pay for the food he ordered before leaving. JB hyung and I stayed for a while longer before finally leaving the restaurant and going home.

_____________________________________________________________________________________