Chapter 6

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel Chapter 6

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Choi Youngjae!"

 

"I'm in the room!"

 

I yelled back a reply at JB hyung's voice.

 

It's been two weeks since Chuseok and we have come back to our usual lives of work where we never get to see each other. Surprisingly, JB hyung has come home early today.

 

Early as in late maybe. I checked the clock and it was almost midnight. JB hyung usually comes home around 2am. He sometimes comes into my room to sleep. I only know this because he still uses me as a teddy bear and I've become so used to it that I wake up as soon as I feel arms around me. JB hyung says the reason why he comes into my room to sleep is because it's warm. I think it's because he really has a condition where he needs to hold something to fall asleep.

 

I once said this to him and almost got a beating.

 

We finished getting all the boxes out of JB hyung's old room a few days after returning from Chuseok and now I have a room that I call my room. Well it's JB hyung's old room that I am now using. 

 

It even has a desk. I was happy to find that out. 

 

After talking to JB hyung's uncle, we decided to start paying for the bills ourselves. We don't have to pay rent, but there are other bills we need to pay. I only found out when JB hyung's dad came to get the last of the stuff. His uncle was paying for some of the other bills, but I decided that we should do it because I now have my own room in the apartment and JB hyung and I are roommates.

 

The door opened and I glanced at JB. He looked tired. I don't get to see him a lot because of our different working schedule, but when I do get a chance to see JB hyung, he always looks a little tired.

 

"You're doing work?" he suddenly asked me. I nodded and smiled at him. 

 

JB hyung really looks tired.

 

"Why are you sitting on the bed?" he asked. I looked at the desk and laughed loudly. I was using the desk earlier but I got distracted. I pointed towards my laptop which had a paused game on it.

 

JB nodded, smiling and shaking his head. I chuckled.

 

"Why don't you work out there?" he pointed out of the door. "Coco is asleep." 

 

"She was in here with me earlier but she ran away. She fell asleep?" I asked. "Oh...so that's why it's so quiet." I said laughing.

 

"You just noticed it now?" JB asked. He sat down on the bed and stared at the papers I was working on.

 

"I didn't notice before." I replied.

 

"Because you stay in here. She was bored maybe." JB said. I looked at him and chuckled. "I went to play with her but then I got got distracted by a singing show, so I came back in here." I said laughing.

 

"Hey." JB lightly hit my head and I continued laughing. He stared at me for a little bit, then at my work again. "I'm just grading." I said smiling. "I feel like a teacher. Maybe I should be a music teacher instead don't you think?" I asked.

 

JB nodded and smiled. "That would suit you." he replied.

 

"You think so?" I asked.

 

He laughed and nodded. "I'm going to go shower." he said. I nodded and watched as JB hyung got up and walked out of the room. He was walking oddly, but I remember when I tried to ask him before about walking oddly and he said it's becasue he did b-boy in the dance room and his legs hurt when he does b-boy a lot, but he enjoys it.

 

I continued staring at the door for a few moments before looking back down at my work.

 

Teacher Park has recently allowed me to finish some of the grading and paperwork at home. It's because recently all the teachers have a lot of meetings to go to. 

 

I heard the shower turn on and I slowly smiled and continued grading. 

 

It wasn't long after that I heard my door open again. This isn't strange. Sometime when JB hyung comes back from work around 2am, he will come into my room, so it's not strange for him to come back into my room after his shower. On the weekends if we're both at home and I'm in my room playing a game on the computer, JB hyung will come in and fall asleep on my bed.

 

His excuse is always because it's much warmer in my room.

 

I don't mind it at all because we have slept on the same bed together many times so it's like old times again.

 

It's really not unusual so I didn't turn around again to see him walk in. That's why it surprised me when I felt something warm suddenly wrap around me. I even jumped. 

 

"Hey. It's just me." JB hyung's voice went through my ear and I calmed myself down.

 

Huh? What's this? Is this like using me as a teddy bear too?

 

"Hyung, it's not really cold." I said, staring at his arms around me.

 

JB hyung sat behind me. He had his arms around me, and even his legs on both sides of me. He had me completely trapped.  

 

"Hy-hyung." I whined. 

 

How am I supposed to finish with him holding on so tight?

 

JB's hyung's head fell on my shoulder and a short silence passed where I just touched his hand.

 

"What are you doing?" he suddenly asked.

 

I stopped patting his hand. "Nothing." I replied, nervously chuckling.

 

"You're done with your work?" JB asked.

 

"I'm...grading only still. No paperwork today. I'll be finished in a few minutes." I said.

 

"What time did you come home today?" JB asked.

 

"Ah...earlier today." I replied. "And what were you doing?" he asked.

 

I chuckled nervously, realizing why he was asking. 

 

"Hyung...I guess I got distracted. I was getting higher in levels for the soccer game. Usually I can get past the hard levels, but today it's hard. I tried again and again but I'm still on the same level." I replied laughing. 

 

"Hey." JB said.

 

"I was bored and I didn't want to work as soon as I got home." I said chuckling. "Hyung why are you doing this?" I asked, trying to change the conversation. JB hyung once threatened to take away my computer after my mom called him to make sure I am focused on work and not games. After this he always nags at me about playing games, but sometimes we play together when we have time.

 

I think JB hyung nags because I always win and he usually can't get past the hard parts.

 

My mom called him after I went home to get the rest of the games I have, and since then it's like JB hyung and my mom plan things to do to me and it always surprises me.

 

"What am I doing?" JB asked.

 

I chuckled. "What are you doing hyung?" I asked. He didn't reply. A short silence passed and I managed to finish grading all the papers. JB hyung had his head on my shoulder still. I thought he fell asleep. 

 

"Hyung. Are you sleeping?" I asked.

 

"No." he replied.

 

"Did something happen at the company?" I asked. 

 

"We just danced. The president called us today to tell us about the overseas concerts, but it's not soon." JB replied. 

 

"Then..." I put my hand on top of his around my stomach and JB hyung squeezed me. 

 

I chuckled. "H...hyung. You're trying to kill me." I said. "Wh-what's the matter?" I finally asked, noticing he was too quiet. He recently has been acting strange and doing things he doesn't usually do, so this is the first time he's doing this.

 

I think recently JB hyung has been trying not to do anything that makes me embarrrased like he said at my house when he came to pick me up after Chuseok. He still says very cheesy words like I want to kiss you, but JB hyung has been trying to not do anything that will embarrass me. I can tell.

 

Before, sometimes he will get very touchy, and sometimes he will stay away from me like I'm sick. This is like the old JB hyung. But now there are two ways that JB hyung is touchy. Sometimes he will start being touchy like using me like a teddy bear, and sometimes JB hyung will want to do something else touchy that makes me embarrased. That thing that makes me blush. 

 

He hasn't tried to do anything like that ever since I came back from Chuseok.

 

But he still talks about doing more. It's all very confusing. I don't know what JB hyung wants now, but today is one of the days that he is being really touchy by using me like a teddy bear again. I think he's realized that this doesn't make me embarrased.

 

"I'm tired. I'm hungry." JB finally replied me.

 

"There's food in the fridge right?" I asked. "I'm sleepy. My muscles hurt. I need a massage." he whined.

 

"I don't know how to massage. Maybe Jr hyung knows." I said patting his leg and laughing.

 

"He's at work." JB replied.

 

"Should I look on the computer? I can try to learn." I said laughing.

 

"You're done with grading?" JB replied. I laughed and nodded, trying to pull his arms from around me. He wouldn't let go.

 

"Wait. First...first let me go hyung." I said, still laughing. "I can't learn if you hold on so tight." I said.

 

"Hyung! JB hyung!" I whined and noticed him laughing. "It's not funny. I'm really not a teddy bear. I think I should buy you a big one so you'll stop doing this." I said chuckling.

 

JB finally let me go and I got up and stretched.

 

"Let's go get some food together Jaebum hyung. Now I'm hungry too." I said stretching. JB fell down on the bed and stretched wide. I stared at him chuckling.

 

"Are you a baby now?" I asked.

 

"Yugyeom is the baby." he replied. I laughed and started to sit down when I noticed something interesting. 

 

"JB hyung!" I yelled, pointing towards his ear.

 

"Wha-what?" he looked at me surprised. I chuckled at his face expression and continued pointing at the familiar piercings.

 

"When did you buy that?" I asked smirking at him.

 

"Huh?" JB touched his ear and for a second his face looked like he realized something he forgot.

 

He didn't have it when he came in earlier from work. JB hyung doesn't wear many piercings recently and sometimes he doesn't wear it to work. When he came in earlier he didn't have on his piercings. 

 

"What are you talking about I've always had this one." he said turning away. 

 

I moved closer to him, looking at it closer. 

 

It looks exactly like mine.

 

"It looks exactly like mine." I said touching my ear. It's been weeks now but it still feels a little sensitive, especially when I forget about it and rub on it. JB hyung has been helping me take care of it all the time like he promised.

 

JB didn't reply. I watched him. He stared at the work I was grading earlier. 

 

"What? Why are you staring?" finally JB hyung looked at me with an accusing face.

 

This from the person who stares at me whenever he wants like a bird.

 

I chuckled and shook my head. 

 

"Did you do it on purpose hyung?" I finally asked, nudging him on the arm. He didn't respond at first. "You really wanted couple piercings right hyung?" I asked chuckling.

 

"Huh?" I asked again still chuckling. "You can tell me hyung. Actually I'm surprised that Im Jaebum will do something like this. What is it called? Is this being cute? JB hyung is being cute!" I yelled, giggling.

 

"Hey! Choi Youngjae."

 

I stopped giggling and stared at him. JB hyung suddenly looked serious.

 

"For now since I know you won't wear a couple ring or something like that...for now let's wear this." he said.

 

I stared at him shocked. My heart started beating so fast that I looked away and stood up to go sit in front of the desk.

 

"Is this a drama hyung? It sounds like something from a drama." I said giggling. 

 

He's acting strange again...JB hyung.

 

"Hey! I'm feeling hungry. What are you doing over there? Should I order chicken?" JB suddenly asked. 

 

I lifted my head and looked at him. He once again had an expressionless face on. I haven't seen JB hyung's expressionless face for a long time. My heart couldn't stop beating at what he said earlier.

 

Have I said that I will not wear a couple ring?

 

"Youngjae-yah. I thought I said stop staring." suddenly JB hyung was next to me and had me in a neck hold. 

 

"Ok. Ok." I laughed hard and he let me go and stood besides me. I turned the chair and looked up at him. 

 

"I'll order chicken." JB said. He stared back at me. 

 

"No! No! Something else!" I suddenly yelled.

 

JB hyung looked down at me as if I was crazy. I smiled wide and grabbed hold of his hand and stood up. He looked surprised. 

 

"Let's go eat noodles in dried anchovy, I'll pay!" I said happily. JB continued staring for a little while longer before he started laughing loudly. I laughed with him and we got dressed and headed for the restaurant together. 

 

Coco was still asleep, so we left her.

 

"Hey! Choi Youngjae! You're really crazy. You know what time it is? You think we can get the food?" JB asked.

 

"We can do anything if we're really hungry hyung!" I yelled laughing. I pulled JB hyung all the way until we got to his car. 

 

We didn't find a open restaurant that had noodles in dried anchovy, but we did end up buying gimbap lunch boxes at the convenience store. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Youngjae-ah, your phone was ringing earlier."

 

I walked into the teachers room yawning. Yesterday after JB hyung and I came back from convenience store and finished eating, we stayed up late watching TV. Coco woke up by the time we came back as well and after giving her food she wouldn't go back to sleep, like a baby. 

 

I forgot I had to wake up early today so when the alarm started ringing this morning and JB hyung shook my shoulder and pushed me, I was feeling very tired. It took a lot for me to get up today. I felt like my old self.

 

I stared at my phone and sat down yawning. It quickly started ringing again and I picked it up quickly so not to bother the teachers in the room. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey, Choi Youngjae."

 

"Jackson hyung." I said, a big smile on my face. "You're back?" I asked.

 

"Mark and I got back today. We're planning to meet up. I heard you got piercings." Jackson said. 

 

I laughed loudly. "I'm finally wearing the piercings JB hyung got me. But hyung, I'm at work right now. Is everyone coming over tonight?" I asked.

 

"You miss us that much? I'll gather everyone and come tonight. Do you have food? Did your mom make food?" Jackson hyung asked. His voice became high pitched.

 

I laughed. "We have a lot of food. We have a lot of kimchi." I said.

 

"Youngjae-ah." I turned around to teacher Park standing at the door. I quickly stood up. "Jackson hyung. I have to go back to work. I'll talk to you later. Tonight everyone will meet right?" I asked.

 

"I'll call leader-sshi. We're finally back, we need a party! I also have a movie." Jackson said. I laughed. "I'll see you later hyung. Bye." 

 

Jackson hyung hung up the phone and I quickly hurried to the classroom. When teacher Park teaches piano classes, he always wants me to be there to help some of the students. I remember when I was in his class he used to get mad at me because I could never read notes.

 

Now I know every single note and every single sound it makes. It makes me proud of myself. 

 

I finished with helping teacher Park in the classroom before going back to the teachers room to finish helping with the papers. It's become normal for me to help the other music teachers with some of their work too when I'm in the teachers room.

 

I have become a music assistant to everyone now, and all the music teachers are trying to help me find a good music therapy job now. I've visited a few places and have told them that I have to go to service first.

 

The day went by as usual. I helped teacher Park a lot in his classroom, and even helped some of the other classrooms. Usually anyone else will get tired, but I even got a chance to sing in one of the vocal classes. I never get tired because I really like music.

 

It made me think of JB hyung always yelling that I am loud in the shower when I sing. It's funny because he praises my singing all the time, but sometimes he will yell at me and say I'm singing too loud.

 

He jokes and says I have a high pitch voice too much. I don't think I do, but it's funny to see how JB hyung reacts when I sing really loudly. Once our neighbor even came to knock on the door. It scared me.

 

After the neighbor left JB hyung and I started laughing. We tried not to laugh too loud but it was loud and the neighbor came again. We had to apologize again and again. 

 

Now we try to be quiet but sometimes I can't help it to sing in the shower. 

 

The end of the day soon came and once again I wasn't finished doing the music sheets that teacher Park sometimes let's me create. I was in his last class with all the students trying to finish the sheets but I couldn't, getting distracted by some of the students singing.

 

In the end I stayed in the classroom until everyone left. I still had a few music sheets to create and teacher Park wanted me to finish, so I decided to finish them in the music room and have a chance to practice playing a new song I heard on a show.

 

Before class I put my phone on silent and forgot. A few minutes after I stopped working on the music notes and started playing a song on the piano, a hand landed on my shoulder and I'm embarrassed to say that I jumped up high and almost screamed.

 

JB hyung's voice of laughter surrounded the room and I put my hand on my heart and turned around and stared at him wide eyed.

 

"What! What is-" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. JB hyung scared me so much. "What! What are you doing hyung! Don't do this to me." I grabbed my chest and put my head on the table. "It's not funny." I whined. 

 

Hands landed on my back and JB hyung started rubbing my back. I continued to hold my heart and tried to calm myself down.

 

"You're easily scared Youngjae." he said.

 

I lifted my head and hit him on the arm. JB hyung sat next to me and continued laughing and rubbing my back. 

 

"You really know how to play the piano don't you? You don't play at home anymore." he said.

 

"I do. You come home late." I replied.

 

I finally calmed down and lifted myself up. JB hyung let his hand slide from my back but he continued to sit next to me.

 

"Teach me." he suddenly said.

 

I stared at him trying to play the piano. Sometimes when we are both home at the same time, JB hyung will sometimes try to play it and I'll laugh and try to teach him. He knows how to play, but he sometimes makes mistakes and like me before, JB hyung doesn't know how to read the notes. 

 

He doesn't want me to teach him either, he says he can play without knowing the notes.

 

"Put your fingers on these." I said, moving JB hyung's hands so they landed on the keys.

 

"Hit this one, then this one, and then this two times ok? Just copy me." I said.

 

"A song?" JB asked.

 

"Yes." I replied smiling. "I heard it on a show."

 

We started. JB hyung messed up a little at the beginning but soon he was staring at my hands and copying what I did. We caught eyes and I laughed. 

 

"You're really good at this." he suddenly said.

 

I chuckled. "Thank you hyung. By the way, why are you here?" I asked.

 

JB didn't reply for a few seconds. I looked at him but tried to concentrate.

 

"What is it? You don't want me here?" he finally replied. JB hyung smirked and I chuckled and shook my head. "You don't usually come home so early. Like yesterday I was surprised too. Jackson hyung said he's bringing everyone over today. Did he call you?" I asked.

 

A short silence passed.

 

"He called me. We're meeting today. They said they have presents for us." JB said.

 

I laughed and nodded, looking back at the piano.

 

"Hey. Sing." JB suddenly said.

 

I stopped playing and turned to face him.

 

"What? Now?" I asked.

 

JB stared at me hard. I chuckled and lightly hit his shoulder. "You want me to sing? Really?" I asked again.

 

"You always sing in the shower. I can hear you." he said.

 

"What? Really? I didn't know." I lied, laughing hard.

 

"I want to hear you sing when you're not in the shower. Really." JB said.

 

I stared at him and he continued staring at me. 

 

"What should I sing?" I finally asked, looking away from him. I could feel my body and face becoming hot from embarrassment and because JB hyung was still staring so hard.

 

He's been doing this a lot lately too. Sometimes he will say something or do something that he would usually never say or do, and I will just be speechless and not know how to react, but with embarrassment.

 

I wonder if he knows that he doesn't have to touch me for me to be embarrased. Sometimes JB hyung's words make me very embarrassed.

 

"Hey. Your hyung is telling you to sing."

 

What is this suddenly?

 

I chuckled and glanced at him. He was looking down at the piano now, his fingers lightly laying down on some of the keys. I smiled and turned to face the piano.

 

"What should I sing..." I mumbled.

 

I could feel JB hyung's eyes on me again, so I quickly started playing the piano, trying to figure out keys to go with the guitar notes in the song.

 

"Hey. Are you going to sing?" JB asked. 

 

"Tonight, the entire time while I’m walking you home..." I messed up a key and stopped. "Sorry." I apologized and started playing again.

 

"Tonight, the entire time I'm walking you home, you told me that I have changed, that I'm not considerate of you, you complain." 

 

"One more chance. It's called I think about you right?" JB asked.

 

I nodded, smiling as I continued singing. 

 

"Why did you choose this song?" JB asked.

 

I didn't reply him. It just came into my head. I didn't want to stop singing so I didn't reply him.

 

"Is love always like butterflies to you? To me it's being comfortable. I don't set apart time to think...."

 

Suddenly, JB hyung started singing with me. I messed up on the piano and quickly turned to face him, continuing to sing. We both started singing together. 

 

"I always think about you. Yes, I think about you. Even on my busy days, each moment, I see you in each of those moments. I can’t show you everything, but you can feel a little too right? I always think about you. Every day, I think about you. Even at the moment when I fall asleep and dream, I think about you, smiling in front of me."  

 

I stopped singing. JB hyung and I stared at each other. I could feel my heart beating so fast and so loud, not because I'm embarrassed, but because I haven't heard JB hyung sing before.

 

He sometimes mumbles a few song lyrics of a short part of a song, but it's the first time I've heard JB hyung really sing a song, and he has a really good voice. 

 

"Do you remember the day I confessed my love to you? I didn’t prepare a special event but you accepted me. In my heart always, like now." JB hyung continued singing the next part and I stared at him.

 

"You sing really good hyung." I said. 

 

He started hitting random notes on the keyboard and I glanced at his fingers, laughing because he didn't know what he was doing.

 

"It's a really good song." I said.

 

"It is." JB replied.

 

"How does it end?" I asked. I don't know why I asked because I know how it ends, but I really wanted to hear JB hyung singing again. I could already feel him staring at me again. 

 

"I always think. Every day I think. When I wake up early in the morning..." 

 

I started singing again. 

 

"...I think about you, the happiest person." I continued. 

 

"Looking at you smiling in front of me. I love you." JB hyung quickly interrupted me and finished the song. 

 

"Youngjae-ah!"

 

I quickly stood up and almost fell, but JB hyung caught me by the arm and told me to be careful. I chuckled and nodded, turning around to Teacher Kim standing at the door.

 

She and the rest of the other teachers all look tired today. I think it's because of all the meetings they're having.

 

"Teacher Park wants me to collect the rest of the note papers. He says to go home now. It's getting late. Why are you still here? Aren't you tired? Is this even a question? You're young and strong. Of course you're not tired" she said laughing. 

 

I nodded and quickly picked up the papers, running to her to hand it to her. "We're going to go now teacher." I said. 

 

"Is that your friend?" she asked.

 

"He's my hyung. He's here to pick me up." I quickly replied. Hearing her ask about JB hyung suddenly made me remember what happened a few minutes before she walked in. I mean, nothing happened really. JB hyung only finished singing the rest of the song. 

 

"Ah, I remember you. You went to this school right? Im Jaebum?" Teacher Kim suddenly said.

 

JB walked towards us and they started talking. I didn't know what they were talking about but it sounded like something that happened when JB hyung was going to the school.

 

"You still have one more year to finish. When are you coming back to finish it?" Teacher Kim asked.

 

I didn't think JB hyung would answer, but he did.

 

"When Youngjae goes off to service, I'll come and finish school." he suddenly said. I glanced at him. 

 

Have we talked about this before?

 

I wondered if JB hyung and I have ever talked about him finishing school. We've talked a little about me going to military but not him to going back to finish school. I forgot that JB hyung has one more year to finish.

 

"It's getting late. You two should leave soon. I heard it's going to rain. They keep us here all day and by the time we leave its so dark." Teacher Kim said. 

 

"We...we'll be leaving soon." JB hyung replied.

 

"Youngjae-ah, next time come to my class and teach the students to play piano too okay? The other teachers always talk about how good you are at teaching the other students. Why don't you ever come to my class to help me?" she suddenly asked me.

 

"Ah..um..." I chuckled nervously. "I will help if you need me." I said quickly.

 

"Calm down. You sound nervous." Teacher Kim patted me on my shoulder and took the piano note papers. "I know that you're Teacher Park's assistant. Should I get a assist too?" she asked laughing.

 

I could only laugh with her. 

 

"You two can spend as long as you want here, but I wonder why you want to spend so much time here." she said laughing. "I want to leave too but we have another teacher's meeting today." she whispered, patted my shoulder and left laughing loudly.

 

I stared at her for a little time before turning to face JB hyung with a wide smile. He stared back at me with his usual expression before lightly hitting me on the head. "Your face looks a little stupid." he said.

 

"Hyung!" I yelled, hitting him on the arm.

 

JB hyung just laughed and I stared at him, amazed at his quick change of attitude all the time. Sometimes it's really like JB hyung is like a girl, his mood changes very fast and sometimes I don't know what to do.

 

Recently it's been like this a lot. JB hyung is showing more of his cute side and his mood changes very quick too. 

 

"You ready to go?" he asked. He had his expressionless face on again. 

 

I've known JB hyung for so many years now but I still can't tell what he is thinking when he stares at me so hard with a expressionless face.

 

Maybe it's because of what happened earlier. Looking at me smiling at you...I love you. I know it's just a song. We were both singing it. That all right? But-but JB hyung has said something like this before right? Has he? I don't remember. It's bad. I'm bad. I should remember. But I haven't said it once have I? Have I really told JB hyung how I feel yet? I have...right?

 

"Hey!" 

 

There's was a light tap on my head again and I caught eyes with JB hyung. "I said come on. Jackson just sent me a text saying they're already there. I really need to take back the keys I gave Jinyoung." he mumbled.

 

"Ah, yeah. Let's go hyung." I said. "I'm sorry." 

 

I don't know why, but I know that I will be thinking about JB hyung's singing all day today.

 

"What's with you now? What are you sorry for?" JB asked. We walked out of the classroom together, and went down the hallway to go up the stairs to the teachers room.

 

"Nothing." I replied, smiling. "Let me just go get my stuff from the teachers room and tell everyone I'm leaving." I said.

 

"I'll wait for you." JB said.

 

"I'll meet you in the front hyung. You don't have to wait." I said.

 

"What does it matter. We're both going to the same place. Come on, I said hurry." he replied.

 

I chuckled and nodded. When Jackson hyung calls and you don't pick up, he calls again and again. Sometimes it is very annoying but all I can do is laugh when I finally pick up the phone and Jackson hyung says something funny.

 

JB hyung walked me all the way to the teachers room. I quickly grabbed my bag and told everyone I was leaving. They really were preparing for another meeting. Teacher Park wished me a good night and I thanked him and left with JB, falling behind in walking so I ended up walking behind him, not paying attention.

 

"Hey. I said hurry." JB hyung suddenly yelled.

 

I snapped from my thoughts of earlier again.

 

"Ok!" I yelled back, walking faster towards him.

 

"Today has been a bad day too hyung?" I asked when I reached him.

 

"What do you mean?" JB asked. We walked out of the music building and towards his car.

 

"You've been yelling at me since you came. Your mood has changed again and again hyung. Like a girl..." I mumbled.

 

"Hey!"

 

I chuckled nervously and crossed my arms across my chest in defense. "Ok. Ok. Like a cute girl." I said, preparing for his attack.

 

JB hyung suddenly grabbed my arm and I squealed and apologized again and again. "I'll do anything!" I said laughing loudly. 

 

JB hyung just laughed and let me go. We finally reached the car and we both sat inside. JB didn't move the car for a few moments. He sometimes does this to warm up the car, so I am used to it.

 

"Hey, when are you going to start driving?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Hm?" I turned to face him. "After I come back from service." I replied.

 

JB looked at me. "So you're going to go back to school when I go to service?" I asked him. "Yeah. I've been thinking about hurrying and finishing it up." he replied.

 

"I've been thinking of going to service next year." I mumbled.

 

"It's so close." JB said. "Yes. But if I do it now, then I can hurry and come back. I want to audition at your company. Then I can finally get a gooe job in music therapy." I said.

 

"You have everything planned." JB said.

 

"I've wanted to talk to you about it hyung." I admitted. 

 

JB sighed and chuckled. "We haven't had time to talk at all have we?" he asked. "Because we have both become very busy." I said. "We need to find time to talk hyung." 

 

"Have we ever went on vacation together?" JB suddenly asked.

 

"We haven't!" I yelled.

 

"Jeju island?" he asked. "Jeju island!" I yelled. "Yugyeomie has always wanted to go to Jeju island!" I said.

 

"Hey!" JB hyung yelled.

 

"Hm?" 

 

He's always surprising me with his loud voice.

 

"You..." he paused and chuckled. "You really...ok, if you want Yugyeom to come then he can come too. Then we'll have to invite everyone." JB said.

 

"No." I quickly said. 

 

He stared at me. I stared back at him. "We need a break. A vacation for only us." I whispered chuckling. "A secret."

 

JB hyung continued staring at me for a few more minutes before he suddenly started laughing.

 

"What? What?" I asked. "Why are you laughing?" 

 

"You always surprise me Youngjae. You can't even say you like me but you can say something like you want to go on vacation alone with just the two of us." JB said.

 

"Huh..." 

 

I watched him start the car in confusion.

 

"A little while ago you wouldn't even let me touch you." he said.

 

"What? You touch me all the time hyung!" I said loudly.

 

"When I came back from service. Don't you remember? You were so embarrased that you wouldn't let me touch you at all. Even though we went so far before I left." he mumbled the last part.

 

Instead of being embarrassed I hit him on the arm. "That's because you were suddenly doing everything so fast. Anyone would be surprised. You were away for so long..." I stopped talking.

 

"Keep talking. Why did you stop?" JB asked.

 

"You were away so long that I forgot it all hyung. When you suddenly came back I was glad, I was so happy, but then you suddenly started talking about what your friends in service were talking about and it scared me?" I was even confused on what I really wanted to say.

 

"I scared you?" JB asked.

 

"I was just scared and nervous hyung. I mean...don't forget that we're both guys. This isn't a normal relationship hyung." I said.

 

"You keep saying that. I think it's a normal relationship." JB said. I stared at him. " I think that even if it was with a girl you would be so nervous." JB said.

 

"I'm not that innocent hyung." I whined.

 

"You are not. I said it from the beginning right? I never thought you were completely innocent." he said.

 

"But this is my first relationship you know. I have never been with a girl before hyung. So it's hard for me to know what to do when I'm with you sometimes." I said. 

 

"You do everything right. Stop thinking so hard about it. I'm not a girl." JB said.

 

I chuckled. A short silence passed. 

 

"But you still haven't properly told me that you like me. At least do that. I never know what you're feeling Youngjae." he suddenly said.

 

The silence continued. I stared at JB hyung and he didn't suddenly yell at me to stop staring at him. 

 

I've really never told JB hyung that I like him? But I have. I've said it many times. All the times he's thought that he's forcing me. When we argued before. I told him...right? 

 

I continued staring at JB hyung. "Jackson is calling again, let's hurry up." he suddenly said. "This guy he is becoming like coco. I always need to-"

 

"Hey hyung?" I interrupted him. 

 

"Yeah?"

 

"You know...I like you too. I was thinking about it. I really haven't said it at all have I? But you should know. We've argued about it right? I think I've said it before. You just won't believe me. I wouldn't be staying with you like this if I didn't like you...so I just want you to know that-"

 

The car suddenly stopped. My whole body moved forward and I held tight on my seatbelt.

 

"Hyung what are you-"

 

JB hyung stopped me. We caught eyes for a few seconds and he pulled me in for a fast kiss. It surprised me. It really surprised me so that even my heart started beating because I was so surprised. 

 

But I've become used to JB hyung's kisses. It's the one thing I've become so used to now that if my heart starts beating, it's because he suddenly does it and surprises me, not because I'm embarrassed.

 

JB hyung slowly pulled away from me and we stared at each other. It was for a few seconds before I pulled him away and looked out his window and my window.

 

"Hyung..." I said panicked. 

 

JB hyung laughed loudly. "Your heart is really loud." he said

 

I turned to look at him. He didn't say anything else as he started driving again. I smiled wide, happy that I finally told him something I hadn't realized if I've told him or not and JB hyung didn't react by arguing with me about him forcing me or anything.

 

I guess I really don't say it as much as JB hyung says it. But I really like JB hyung too. I really do.

 

"Hey. Youngjae."

 

"Hm? Did you call me?" I asked, glancing at JB. He kept his eyes on the road and I stared at him. 

 

"Now you just have to fall in love with me and trust me enough for us to go further."

 

My heart dropped at those words. I'm ok with kissing now, but anytime JB hyung says something or makes a joke about doing something more than kissing, I get nervous and my heart really starts beating because I'm scared. 

 

What is he saying? Like something from a song or something. Eh...To go further...Yeah. I need to stop being so scared. But you're wrong JB hyung...I do trust you. I just don't trust myself. I don't know how I will react. How about if it hurts and I push you away? How about if I never want to do it again? How about if I don't know how to do it? How about if I'm bad at it? How about if you don't like it? How about...How about if you realize that I'm not a girl Jaebum? Will you still say those words in that song hyung?"

 

"Hey. What are you thinking? Staring at me like that?" JB suddenly asked.

 

"Nothing." I quickly replied and turned to face the other side of the car, staring out the window. The rest of the car ride was in silence, but it was a comfortable silence.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Coco-yah!"

 

"Youngjai!"

 

I saw Mark hyung running after a cute barking coco, and Jackson hyung ran for me and pulled me inside as soon as JB hyung opened the door.

 

"Jackson hyung!" I yelled back, laughing loudly and hugging him back. When Jackson hyung is suddenly so touchy with me it always makes me laugh loudly.

 

"What is this hyung?" I asked laughing.

 

"Hey. Can't you say you miss me too?" Jackson asked.

 

I laughed loudly.

 

"But you didn't say you miss me hyung." I replied. "So if I don't say then you don't say?" Jackson asked.

 

I laughed. "What is this? Ok. I missed you Jackson hyung. I missed you a lot!" I said in English.

 

"No. It's fine. You sound forced. I'll just keep your presents to myself." Jackson hyung said.

 

"Hyung!" I yelled and hit him on the shoulder, running after him and trying to hug him and cheer him up. "How was Hong Kong hyung? It's been a long time right?" I asked loudly. Jackson suddenly turned to me with a big smile on his face.

 

"I brought you many things my Youngjai. Many." Jackson replied and pulled me towards some bags sitting on the floor. I laughed and walked with him, noticing Yugyeom and BamBam and jumping on them.

 

I haven't seen them either. They're always so busy now with school. Yugyeom never picks up my calls now, and BamBam went on vacation to Thailand and straight to school when he came back. 

 

"He's finally grown up. You see these?" Jackson hyung's hand brushed against my ear and I chuckled.

 

"It doesn't hurt?" BamBam asked. 

 

I chuckled and shook my head. "In the beginning it hurt a little when JB hyung helped me clean it, but now I even forget that I have it on." I said laughing.

 

"JB hyung's wearing the same style! Look!" BamBam yelled.

 

"Hey! Who's ear are you pulling?" JB suddenly yelled and I chuckled and looked away at Jackson hyung.

 

"Hey. What are you two doing?" he asked me. "Huh?" I chuckled and looked at him confused.

 

"They really like to be a couple." Yugyeom suddenly said. I looked at him. I didn't know what he meant. 

 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

 

"You and Jaebum hyung. You always wear the same clothes and couple outfits." Yugyeom said. 

 

"What are you saying? We live together so sometimes our clothes get mixed up." I said.

 

"No. You two have the same clothes." Yugyeom joked. "Hey!" I yelled, going towards him. He laughed jokingly and pushed me away. 

 

I wonder if Yugyeom really know about JB hyung and I?

 

"You even got the same style and everything." Jr hyung suddenly said. I looked at him and chuckled nervously. "You said you got us presents hyung!" I yelled loudly in Jackson hyung's ear.  

 

"Hey. It's like you really want to break my ear. I can't hear from this ear because of you." Jackson said. He sat on the floor and I sat down besides him laughing. Coco suddenly ran to me and I picked her up. 

 

"My daughter!" I yelled, playing with her. 

 

"Oh, by the way Jaebum." Mark hyung suddenly said. We all looked at him. 

 

"Coco did it...on one of your jackets. Don't worry I cleaned it up." he said. 

 

"Hey! Choi Youngjae!" JB suddenly yelled. 

 

I laughed nervously, my hands crossing across my chest as I stood up and walked towards JB hyung. I wrapped my arms around him and apologized over and over again. 

 

"I'll buy you a new jacket hyung." I said. 

 

JB pulled me away and sighed. "It doesn't matter. It's cleaned up anyway." he said. 

 

"Then you got mad for nothing." I said. 

 

"Hey! So you want to buy me a expensive new jacket right?" JB asked. I chuckled and shook my head no. Coco suddenly ran towards me and I picked her up again and pulled her close to JB hyung. He only chuckled and walked away towards the kitchen. 

 

"Aigoo our daughter coco." I said, kissing coco on the head. "Why do you do this to dad? Do it on the pad. The pad coco-ah..ah, our daughter." I said laughing. 

 

"Our daughter!" Mark hyung suddenly yelled, and I laughed loudly. "Our daughter!" I yelled back. 

 

"Our daughter coco." Mark hyung suddenly said in English. I repeated him. 

 

"It's like Jaebum hyung and Youngjae hyung are a couple, and Mark hyung and Youngjae hyung are married." BamBam suddenly said.

 

 "No. Like they are dating and with Mark hyung Youngjae is married and has a child named coco." Yugyeom suddenly said.

 

"What is this. What are you two suddenly saying?" I asked laughing at how they see me and Jaebum hyung and me and Mark hyung and coco. My eyes searched for JB hyung, but he was still gone.

 

Is he finding something to eat? 

 

"He just left to take a shower." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"Huh?" I caught eyes with him. "JB hyung is taking a shower." Jr replied. I nodded and looked back at Jackson hyung. 

 

"So what did you get for me hyung?" I asked excited. 

 

Jackson suddenly pulled out bags of snacks and a couple of hats. My smile went wide when he pulled out one of my favorite Hong Kong snacks. They sell it in Korea but Jackson hyung says the original taste is better. 

 

"Hyung!" I yelled loudly.

 

"Hey! Don't yell. Just try this one and tell me which one is better." Jackson handed me a bag of the snack and I quickly pulled it open. 

 

 I smiled wide as I started eating. Jackson hyung looked at me with wide eyes, waiting for me to tell him about the taste.

 

It tastes the same. A little different.

 

 "Hyung..." I mumbled, eating some more.

 

 "What is it? Hurry, tell me. It's good right? Better than the one here." Jackson hyung said. "The original is always better." he said. 

 

"But it tastes the same." I said. 

 

Yugyeom grabbed the bag from me and ate some too. "It really taste the same." he said. I laughed at Jackson's face. "You guys don't know taste." he said, looking away and crossing his arms. 

 

"What. What? Are you mad hyung?" I asked, tapping his shoulder.

 

"Don't give her that."  

 

I looked towards Mark hyung who stopped Yugyeom from giving coco some of the snacks that Jackson hyung brought.

  

"She will get sick." I said. 

 

"Really? I'm sorry." Yugyeom said. He picked up coco and started playing with her. I stared at him. Since how long has it been that Yugyeomie said sorry? It's always a surprise to hear him apologize. It's even more of a surprise then to hear JB hyung say it. 

 

"JB hyung has been gone for a long time. I think I'll take a shower too." I said.  

 

"The both of you?" Jackson hyung asked.

 

"You both take showers together?" Yugyeom asked me. 

 

"What? No!" I yelled chuckling. "Why would we do that?" I asked. 

 

"It's not like it's weird. You're both guys. It's faster too. At home my brothers and I take showers together sometimes because it's faster." BamBam suddenly said.  

 

"Do you still do it?" Yugyeom asked. 

 

BamBam laughed. "Not anymore." he said. 

 

"Well it doesn't matter, you're both guys." BamBam said again. "But that's still a little weird. Even if they were a couple...isn't it weird to take showers together?" Mark hyung suddenly said. I looked at him.  

 

"You think so?" Jr hyung suddenly asked. 

 

"But Mark hyung is from the states. I thought he would say yes to it. It's really that weird? With your girlfriend or something isn't it normal?" Yugyeom asked. 

 

I looked at them both. 

 

"It's not weird. If you both like each other then is it weird to shower together?" BamBam asked. "I mean...you're just seeing each other ." 

 

"Hey! My baby BamBam. Who spoiled your mind?" Jackson hyung suddenly pulled BamBam close and BamBam laughed loudly and tried to pull away. "What are you saying?" he said laughing. "You taught me how to curse in Chinese." he said. 

 

"Hey!" Jackson hyung yelled, his hands covering BamBam's mouth. We all laughed.  

 

"But it's crowded. If I take a shower it's best to take it alone. Unless we're both rushing or something." Mark hyung said. 

 

I chuckled and sighed. "Me and JB hyung don't take showers together. We don't even see each other sometimes. We're both busy now." I said, making my way towards the bathroom. The bathroom door was open so I quickly went back to my room to get some clothes and rushed into the bathroom. 

 

I thought I was taking a long time when I started hearing knocks on the door, but instead Jackson hyung yelled that the whole of Korea and Hong Kong can hear me singing. 

 

It just made me laugh loudly.

 

"Hey! Hurry! We're going to watch a movie!" Jackson yelled. "Why do you lock the door. Someone might need to use the bathroom." he mumbled.

 

"Sorry!" I yelled. "I'm done hyung!" I yelled back.

 

I quickly hurried and got out of the shower, dried myself and got dressed really fast before opening the door. Jackson hyung was still standing at the door.

 

"Hyung." I said chuckling.

 

"Your hair is wet." he said. "I'm going to go dry it." I said laughing. "Hurry we're watching a movie and it's starting soon." he said. 

 

"I will. I will." I said quickly walking past him laughing. I walked past the others and caught eyes for a second with JB hyung before going inside my room. I finished drying my hair and quickly went back out. They were really waiting for me. 

 

I found a seat on the floor in front of BamBam and next to Jr hyung.

 

"Wait. We need to get the food." BamBam said.

 

 "When did you get food?" I asked.

 

 "When you were auditioning for a singing competition in the bathroom." Jackson said. I laughed loudly and hit him on the arm. 

 

 "Coco-ah, come here." Mark hyung picked up coco and came to sit besides me on the other side. Jackson and JB hyung sat on the couch with BamBam, and Yugyeom was laying down in front of me. We had to move the table so he can see.

 

The movie wasn't a scary movie. It was a new action movie that Mark and Jr hyung wanted to see. Usually when we watch movies we will talk over the movie, but with this movie it was so interesting that we were all silent until it ended.

 

"Wow! That was a good movie!" BamBam said.  

 

I rubbed coco's head. She fell asleep on my lap. "It was good but I don't think coco thought it was good." I said laughing. 

 

"She fell asleep." Mark hyung said. I nodded and he leaned down and kissed her head. 

 

I chuckled.

 

 "It's the married couple again." Yugyeom said chuckling. "The married couple." BamBam said laughing. I watched them do a high five. "Youngjae hyung is still the mom and Mark hyung is the dad." Yugyeom said.

 

"Married couple?" JB hyung's voice suddenly went through my ears. 

 

"It's just a joke hyung." I said chuckling. We caught eyes. 

 

"JB hyung and Youngjae hyung are a dating couple and Mark hyung and Youngjae hyung are a married couple." Yugyeom said. 

 

"That means Youngjae hyung has to choose or he's cheating." BamBam said. 

 

"Hey. What are you talking about over there?" I asked chuckling. 

 

"Who would you guys choose?" Jackson hyung suddenly asked. I glanced at him. "If you had two people and you liked both but it's different with both of them who would you choose? The one that is like you're married, or the one that is seems you're just dating?"  

 

"Hyung...what are you saying?" I asked chuckling.

 

 "I mean friends. Friends. Not with two people in a relationship." Jackson hyung suddenly said.  

 

We sometimes do end up talking about this stuff. We haven't talked about it in a while but it sometimes comes up. Like what celebrity is pretty or how to confess. Even if we've ever kissed someone before.

 

I remember when they made fun of me in high school because I've never kissed before. It was a long time ago when I was still in high school. Now I've done it so much with JB hyung that it doesn't matter anymore.

 

But what would I say if Jackson hyung suddenly asks me again if I've kissed someone before? 

 

"If your friends with two people and one is like you're dating and the other is like you're married, who would you choose? Come one. Is it that hard?" Jackson hyung asked again.

 

I glanced at JB hyung. He seemed interested in the question. 

 

 "Of course the one I'm married to right?" Yugyeom suddenly said. We all looked at him. 

 

"Because if you both already seem like a married couple then it means you really love her and want to spend the rest of life together right? Then you'll have to confess right?" Yugyeom asked.

 

"Since when did our Yugyeom grow up?" Jr hyung asked. 

 

 "It's the truth right?" Yugyeom asked. 

 

"But then you'll hurt the other person's heart. The friend you're dating with right?" BamBam asked.

 

"But it will be better to choose quickly right? So you don't hurt the other person. Who would you choose?" Yugyeom asked BamBam. 

 

"I don't know. I wouldn't want to hurt both of them. I will still want to be friends with the one I don't choose though." BamBam said. "Ah...it's like a hard question right?" he asked laughing.  

 

"Ok. Ok then how would you confess to the one that you choose?" Jackson hyung asked.  

 

"I think JB hyung would be good at that." BamBam said laughing. We all looked at Jaebum hyung. 

 

 "Yeah, how would you confess leader-sshi?" Jackson suddenly asked.

 

 I tried really hard to keep my eyes away from catching JB hyung's eyes. We just talked about something similar in the car at the university. I wondered how he would react if we caught eyes.

 

"Do you know Jaebum hyung knows how to sing? He will probably sing right?" Jr hyung suddenly said. 

 

"Youngjae hyung knows how to sing too." Yugyeom suddenly said.

 

 "Come on. How would you do it? I've heard Youngjae hyung sing, but I've never heard Jaebum hyung sing. Can we hear how you would confess now?" BamBam asked. He looked like he really wanted to hear JB hyung sing. 

 

I want to hear too. I heard him sing a little in the music room earlier but I want to hear JB hyung sing a whole song. Not just a little bit like from earlier. I wonder if JB hyung will sing a full song. 

 

"Yes yes." Jackson hyung said. 

 

"Ok let's vote." Jr hyung said.

 

"Who wants to hear Jaebum-sshi sing?" he asked.  

 

We all raised our hands. I finally caught eyes with JB hyung. I really wanted to hear him sing a full song once.

 

 We all started bothering him. I tapped his leg and stared at him. "Sing a full song hyung." I said.

 

"How would you confess with a song?" Jackson hyung asked.

 

 While still staring at me, JB hyung suddenly started singing. I suddenly remembered earlier in the university music room. I looked away for a few second but glanced at him and we caught eyes again.  

 

JB hyung only sang a small part but it made my heart skip a beat again. It surprised me. Just like earlier. I just smiled and chuckled a little to make it seem as if I had no big reaction.  

 

"Are you confessing right now?" BamBam suddenly asked. 

 

"No. No." JB quickly said. I just nervously chuckled and lowered my head slightly. 

 

They laughed.

 

I just nervously chuckled. 

 

 I caught eyes with JB hyung again and we just smiled at each other. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________