Chapter 10

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel Chapter 10

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Hyung. JB hyung?"

 

I yawned and watched as JB hyung moved around a little before opening his eyes. He looked a little scary.

 

"Sorry." I apologized and giggled. Though JB hyung looks scary, he also looks cute wrapped around the sheets tight.

 

"I'm going to work." I said.

 

He stared at me for a few minutes.

 

"Hyung." I patted the sheets. "Are you awake? I'm going to work." I said again. He nodded and pulled the covers over his head.

 

I laughed and patted the little bit of red hair sticking out from the covers.

 

I walked to the door to leave.

 

"I'll drop you off."

 

I stopped and turned around. JB hyung was sitting up on the bed, his hair a mess. He looked really scary. I laughed at his appearance and shook my head.

 

"I'll take the bus. It's not very far. You don't have work today right? You should sleep in hyung." I said. We stared at each other for a few minutes and he nodded and fell on the bed.

 

I laughed loudly and quickly walked out of the room so he didn't get up and come pull me in a neck hold.

 

We got back from Japan early this morning and unlike JB hyung who goes back to work tomorrow, I have to struggle to get up to go to work today.

 

It took me about the third alarm ring to finally get up. I was surprised because JB hyung didn't wake up at all to any of the alarm rings. Usually he does. Usually I set a lot of alarms to wake me up and he gets annoyed so he wakes me up just so I don't set alarms that wake him up.

 

I guess JB hyung is really tired.

 

I yawned loudly and stretched.

 

"I'm so tired." I mumbled to myself.

 

I sat down at the bus stop, almost falling asleep when I got a call from Teacher Park.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Youngjae-ah! You're finally back today. Can you make it to school?" Teacher Park's loud voice made me wake up.

 

"Y-yes. I'm coming right now. I'm waiting for the bus." I quickly replied.

 

"Did you have a nice vacation?" Teacher Park laughed and I smiled and nodded. "Yes. Japan is really pretty." I replied.

 

"Then I should take my family there. They're always bothering me about a vacation." Teacher Park laughed and I just smiled, not knowing how to reply.

 

"Well I'm not going to be in the building today. I have a meeting at a different university but I left everything you need in the teachers room. They all know you're taking over for me today. The homeroom teacher is going to take over for me. You can help her with the piano class. I know you can. I just need you to finish a little more grading and then you can leave. You returned this morning right?"

 

I lifted my head and stood up as the bus drove towards me and stopped. I didn't realize that a few more people were standing next to me.

 

"Yes. We got back early this morning." I replied.

 

"For now it seems I'll see you tomorrow. I have a lot of running around to do today. Vacation time is over Youngjae." he laughed.

 

I chuckled. "I'm ready to work. I miss playing the piano." I said.

 

"The other teachers were asking about you. They were jealous you went to a vacation in Japan. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you again."

 

"They always tease me." I laughed.

 

Teacher Park laughed loudly.

 

"Hey! Hey! What! What are you doing? The streets are really busy now Youngjae. Just finish everything on the table. It shouldn't be such a long time today. Ask the homeroom teacher or Mrs. Lee for any questions. It's really busy I'm hanging up."

 

"Ok. Thank you. Bye." I quickly said.

 

When Teacher Park isn't at school, the work is much more harder, even if the homeroom teacher takes over. Instead of getting off early like I thought, I got off even later than usual.

 

When I first started the job it wasn't meant to be a permanent job. I wasn't even forced to go to the drinking parties because I was really just a part time worker. But now the job has become something more than just a part time job. I even get paid more.

 

I stretched and yawned loudly, waving to the teachers before finally leaving the teachers room.

 

When I my phone, there were calls and messages from Jackson hyung, Yugyeom, Mark hyung, my mom, my older sister, BamBam, and finally JB hyung.

 

I decided calling my mom first would be the best. I dialed the number and yawned loudly.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Huh? Dad?"

 

"Youngjae." my dad suddenly said my name and it shocked me a little. I checked the number I called and it was my mom's.

 

I haven't talked to my dad in a long time. Usually when we do talk it's just short words before he gives the the phone to my mom. He's changed a lot. Both of my parents have changed. Ever since I moved to JB hyung's apartment and got a job at the university they treat me different. They still want me to move back home but they don't usually say it so much anymore.

 

"Where's mom?" I asked, finding somewhere to sit.

 

"She's cooking. You want to talk to her?"

 

I could hear him get up.

 

"She called me. How are you?" I quickly asked.

 

"I have more free time with your mom now. Work is much easier lately. I'm promoted now. Your dad gets to choose his vacation day." he laughed and I slowly smiled.

 

"That's good." I yawned loudly.

 

"Hey. Where are you now? You sound really tired. Jaebum said you two just arrived home from Japan but you went straight to work." he said.

 

His words surprised me.

 

"You talked to JB hyung?" I asked.

 

"Jaebum? Yes. Your mom called and you didn't pick up. So she called him and he told us all about your trip." he said. "Your mom is here."

 

A short silence passed.

 

"Hello? Youngjae. Youngjae-ah." my mom's loud voice made me almost laugh. I smiled and nodded.

 

"Mom." I said.

 

"Youngjae-ah. Are you finally home? How was the trip?" she quickly asked. She sounded like she was doing something.

 

When my mom is cooking. She cooks a lot. There are always left overs. She always brings food for JB hyung and I. If she didn't bring food I would eat JB hyung's kimchi soup soup and chicken every day.

 

I laughed at the thought.

 

"We got back this morning. I had to come to work. Teacher Park has meetings at another university so I just finished." I said, yawning again.

 

"So late. You must be tired. Get more sleep okay? I already talked to Jaebum and he told me everything." she said. "You go home and get some sleep. Come see your mom tomorrow. Do you go to work tomorrow too?" she asked.

 

I yawned and nodded. "I work again."

 

"Hey. Why are you working so much? Should I talk to teacher Park? Do you need money? I'll tell your dad to send you money." she asked, worry in her voice.

 

I laughed and shook my head no. "I don't need money mom. It's because I'm going on another vacation." I said. "I'm going to Jeju."

 

"What? Another vacation? Do you have time? You haven't told me about this yet. My son doesn't tell his mom anything. Hey. Take your sister with you. Since her husband is gone she's here bothering us." she said, laughing loudly.

 

I laughed loudly. "Then she'll come and bother us too." I said.

 

"Hey. Take care of your sister." she said.

 

"I do. I do. I always babysit when she asks me to." I said, laughing. A yawn escaped my mouth and I sighed.

 

"It's good you say it. Do you work on weekends? Your sister wants you to babysit." she said.

 

"What? On my free day I have to babysit?" I asked.

 

"Hey. Your sister and your mom need to go out shopping. Do us a favor and take care of your nephew." she said.

 

I laughed and nodded. "If I don't have to go to work then I'll take care of him." I said.

 

"Good. Of course you're my son Youngjae. Your sister and I need free time. Your dad is here bothering us too." she laughed and I heard my dad mumble something.

 

I chuckled and sighed. "Mom. I'm tired." I yawned again.

 

"Hey? Are you still at the school? Hurry and go home and get to sleep. Don't skip your shower. Your sister called you right? She wants to tell you about babysitting but I already told you. Go home and get some sleep Youngjae. Your mom will come see you. I hope your wearing a jacket. Make sure you don't get sick again."

 

I laughed. "I won't." I replied.

 

"You always lie to me. You didn't tell me the last time you got sick. Your mom is worried about you." she said.

 

"I won't lie anymore. I'm not lying. Today I'm not sick. We went to an onsen in Japan. It was really fun." I said.

 

"Jaebum told us. You two enjoyed a vacation. Next time take your mom to Japan." she said.

 

I laughed and nodded. "I will."

 

"Hey. Youngjae. Let your mom ask you a question."

 

"Mom."

 

I already knew what she was going to ask. She asks as a joke a lot of times but recently it's making me worry. She seems serious about it.

 

"It's ok. It's ok. I even talked about it with your sister. She says you have no one you like. How about you let your mom help you? My friend's daughter. She's very pretty and she knows how to cook. She cooks everything." she said.

 

I sighed.

 

"Mom. I haven't even gone for service."

 

"You can meet her now before you go. She can become your girlfriend. It's better to have a girlfriend when you go. You can have someone to hurry up and come back to." she said.

 

An image of JB hyung suddenly went through my head and I felt my face go hot. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

 

"I'm going to look forward to coming home to you and dad." I said.

 

She laughed. "I know my son loves us. But you should find a girl to be with too. She's really pretty Youngjae."

 

"Mom."

 

"If you don't like anyone it's-"

 

"I like someone."

 

A short silence passed and I put a hand on my mouth, suddenly picturing JB hyung.

 

"You have a girlfriend?" she yelled.

 

"W-what? No. I didn't say that. Mom..." I paused, not knowing what to say.

 

I don't have a girlfriend, but me and JB hyung...we...we...

 

How can I say something like that? She would force me out of JB hyung's apartment and start acting like she was when I first met him. Three years ago when I first met JB hyung. When she called me non-stop to come home. When she was so strict saying that JB hyung is a bad influence. She will use that against me. She won't understand at all. I know my mom.

 

"But you have someone you like?" she asked.

 

I still didn't know what to say.

 

"Then let me ask Jaebum again."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Son. You don't think your mom talks with your roommate? Jaebum is one of your close friends right? He tells your mom anything you don't tell me. I know you're embarrassed to tell your mom so I'll ask him about the girl you like." she said.

 

"I don't like any girl mom." I quickly said, getting a little annoyed.

 

"Hey. Is this how you talk to your mom? Youngjae don't be embarrassed." she said.

 

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

 

"Mom. I'm really tired. It's cold." I mumbled.

 

"Are you wearing your padding jacket? Should mom buy you a new one? It's really cold Youngjae. Be careful." her worried voice returned.

 

I laughed and shook my head.

 

"I just need sleep. I've been working since early morning. I need to-" I yawned again.

 

"Ok. Ok. Call your mom tomorrow. Are you on the bus? Call Jaebum to come pick you up if you can't walk." she said.

 

"I can walk." I laughed and stood up, stretching and yawning. "I'll just take the bus." I said.

 

"It's really cold Youngjae. I'll call Jaebum and he'll-"

 

"It's ok mom. I'll call. I'll call him and ask. But it's really not cold. I'm not not cold I'm just tired." I laughed.

 

"Ok. Ok send me a message when you get home. Make sure to shower. Don't go to sleep without a shower Youngjae." she said.

 

"You know how to use the message?" I asked.

 

"Hey. You're sister is teaching your parents new systems on the phone. Your mom knows everything now. Send me a message. Don't forget. Now call Jaebum." she said.

 

"I will. Ok. Bye mom." I said, laughing.

 

"Bye."

 

I sighed and turned off my phone. I didn't even take a step before my phone started ringing again though.

 

Mark hyung.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey. Are you still working? I'm headed to your apartment with coco right now."

 

"Right now? I'm heading home right now. I just finished work. I was talking to my mom." I said.

 

"Are you leaving the campus? I'm near there. I'll pick you up."

 

"Really? You have coco with you?" I asked.

 

"Yes. Walk towards the street I'm almost there."

 

I did what I was told. All the while Mark hyung stayed on the phone. I just got off the campus and started walking down the street when a car horn stopped me.

 

I turned around and waved at Mark hyung, a big smile on my face. I turned off my phone and got in the car.

 

"Hey. How are you doing?" he asked.

 

"I'm really tired. I was about to call JB hyung to come get me. Where's coco?" I turned around and saw our little puppy sleeping in her house. I smiled.

 

"She was at the puppy play place. She got up when I picked her up but she's asleep again. Usually she's barking a lot." Mark hyung laughed and I smiled.

 

"I missed her. Has she been good? Did she do something on Jackson hyung's shoes again?" I asked, laughing.

 

"She did it on Jinyoung's shoes. She was with Jinyoung all day yesterday. How was your trip? Did you have fun?"

 

"It was really fun. I took a lot of pictures and videos. Tokyo is just like Seoul but I still took so many pictures." I laughed.

 

"I'm glad your back. Coco missed you too. If she was awake she would bark really loudly." Mark hyung laughed.

 

"She probably doesn't remember me. I bought her a lot of things. I bought you things too. For everyone. I think I spent all my money on buying everyone something." I laughed.

 

"Really? What did you get me?" he asked.

 

"Surprise." I said, glancing at him. A yawn escaped me and I sighed. "I'm really tired. It's really cold." I mumbled.

 

"Are you sick again?"

 

"I don't think so. I just feel a little tired. We just got back this morning and I had to get up for work. I only went to sleep for a few hours."

 

"I don't think you'll get any sleep tonight."

 

"Huh?" I turned to him, confused.

 

"There's a party. Jackson planned it. I just got off work too that's why I was headed there. Jaebum said you were still at work so I called to see if you left." he said.

 

"A party? Really? Ah, Jackson hyung...we were only gone for three days." I laughed.

 

"How was your Valentine's Day with him?"

 

"Eh?" I turned to Mark hyung and he kept his head straight.

 

"With Jaebum. You two spent Valentine's Day together right? Because you're a couple." he said.

 

"Huh? Ah...ah yeah...I mean..."

 

My heart was skipping beats and suddenly every single thing that happened in Japan came back. Everything we did and everything we learned.

 

"Hey. What's with you?" Mark asked.

 

"Ah...yeah. It was fun." I said.

 

"Did he give you that bracelet?"

 

I looked down and couldn't help but smile.

 

"JB hyung is really surprising. Suddenly he gave me this." I laughed and nodded. "I was so surprised."

 

"It's pretty." Mark said.

 

I glanced at him.

 

He's really okay with this? Just mentioning it.

 

"You met Jinyoung's friends too right?"

 

"Hyung."

 

"Hm?"

 

"You're really ok with this?"

 

"What?"

 

It was the first time since I got in the car that he glanced at me while driving.

 

"With this. JB hyung and I...it's not...it's not strange to you?" I asked.

 

"Hey. What did I say before? It doesn't matter to me who you like Youngjae. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. It matters if you like it. If you want to be with Jaebum it's not up to me to deciede." he said. "But because I'm your friend, and I know Jaebum so well, I support you." he said.

 

I played with my fingers and slowly smiled.

 

"How many times do you want me to say it? Hey. You're really stubborn." he suddenly said.

 

I laughed. "JB hyung says it too." I said.

 

"Because you don't believe it. I think he really likes you. He even got jealous of me. If he got jealous for something small like us hanging around too much then he really likes you." Mark said.

 

I didn't know what to say, my heart started beating loud though.

 

He really got jealous. JB hyung...

 

"Hey. Youngjae. So you met Jinyoung's friend?"

 

"Huh? Yeah." I said.

 

"Jinyoung told me that you guys would meet his friends. The couple. What was their name?"

 

"Jun and Jinyoung-sshi." I quickly said.

 

"Yeah. I want to meet them too. Was it fun with them?" Mark asked.

 

This is the first time he's talked so much. Usually when Mark hyung and I are together we don't really talk so much. We play jokes a lot, play with coco, talk about coco, or watch something on tv. It's rare that he talks this much.

 

"I'm just curious." he suddenly said.

 

"Oh...yeah. It was fun. They took us to Tokyo tower. We went to onsen too. It was like the public bath. My skin feel so soft now." I chuckled.

 

"Really. It must have been really fun."

 

"It was. You need to watch the videos." a yawn escaped me.

 

"You can sleep. The traffic is bad so it's going to take a while to get back."

 

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the street.

 

"Don't know yet. It was like this when I was coming."

 

I nodded and sighed.

 

"Then I'll sleep. Sorry." I apologized, chuckling.

 

I closed my eyes.

 

It really seemed like I just closed my eyes when there was shaking to my shoulder.

 

"Youngjae. We're here. Coco is up too."

 

I looked up at Mark hyung, a little confused at where I was.

 

"Youngjae."

 

He shook my shoulder again and I got up. "I'm up." I said.

 

I got out of the car and suddenly sneezed.

 

"Hey. Are you sure that you're not sick again? You don't look very good." Mark hyung suddenly asked.

 

I laughed. "I'm not sick. I'm just really tired." I replied.

 

"You should go to sleep when we get back. I'll tell them you don't feel so good." he said.

 

"I'm not going to miss the party." I said. "I'm tired but I'm hungry too." I laughed.

 

Mark hyung didn't say anything. I followed him all the way to our room, yawning again and again. I also sneezed a few times.

 

I'm not sick though. How can I suddenly be sick?

 

Mark hyung rang the bell and the door quickly opened. Jackson hyung pulled us in and coco started barking. All this made me wake up.

 

I managed to take off my shoes when Jackson hyung pulled me inside. Coco ran past my leg and she went straight for BamBam and Yugyeom sitting in front of the tv.

 

"My Yongjai! Look at you. It's like I haven't seen you in years. His skin is smoothe too. Look." Jackson hyung tugged at my cheek and I laughed and pulled away. "So you two really did go to an onsen. Without me." Jackson hyung had an arm around me and he pulled me close.

 

I laughed and struggled to pull away. He let me go. I took off my jacket and went to get a bottle of water.

 

"Why are you coming with Mark hyung? JB hyung said you were at work."

 

"JB hyung?" I mumbled, staring at BamBam playing with coco.

 

"Yeah. He's in the shower." Yugyeom said.

 

I smiled at him and he smiled back. I've been gone only three days but I really missed Yugyeom. Every time I don't see him for a few days I really miss him. Even though it was a vacation and I was with JB hyung, I missed the guys a lot.

 

"I called him on my way here. He was off of work so I picked him up. I think he's coming down with another cold." Mark hyung suddenly said.

 

"I'm not." I laughed. "I'm just tired and hungry." I said.

 

"Come on. The food is here!" Jackson hyung pulled me towards the table and my eyes went big. They got so much food as usual.

 

"Hey. Don't start eating without me."

 

I turned around and JB hyung had a towel in his hair. He walked to the kitchen and came back with a bottle of water.

 

We sat down around the table and I quickly started eating.

 

"So how was the trip?" Jr hyung suddenly asked me.

 

JB hyung and I looked at each other. "I told you it was fun." he said.

 

"How fun?" Jackson asked me. He nudged me on the arm.

 

That's right. Now Jackson hyung, Mark hyung, and Jr hyung know about everything. I can't keep anything a secret can I?

 

I glanced at Yugyeom and BamBam.

 

"It was fun I said." JB hyung said again. I caught eyes with him and he smirked. I almost laughed.

 

"So much fun!" he suddenly yelled, still looking at me. His loud voice surprised me. The laugh escaped me and we high fived each other across the table and laughed loudly together.

 

"W-what? What is this? Look at them. Just because they went on a date without us. Love does something to you." Jackson said.

 

"W-what?" I quickly hit Jackson hyung and chuckled. "What are you talking about?" I nervously said. "What do you mean l-love. It wasn't really a date. We met Jr hyung's friends. They showed us around." I nervously said.

 

I can't really say it wasn't a date because JB hyung took me somewhere...the Restraunt on Valentine's Day. We went other places too. Jun even said it was a double date. And...Jun said that JB hyung...loves me. JB hyung said it before too.

 

"Are you thinking about the date?" Jackson hyung suddenly asked.

 

"Hyung!" I yelled.

 

"Your face is so red." BamBam laughed.

 

"But isn't this cheating? You're married to Mark hyung right?" Yugyeom asked.

 

"W-what! You-" I reached over for Yugyeom and he laughed and pulled away. I didn't think he would suddenly start apologizing but he quickly did when I started tickling him.

 

I let him go and sat down.

 

"Hey. So where's my meat. When are you taking me to Japan?" Jackson hyung suddenly asked. He nudged me on the shoulder and pulled me close to him.

 

Why did I sit next to Jackson hyung?

 

I laughed loudly and apologized.

 

"Jeju. Jeju." JB hyung suddenly said. I lifted my head and we caught eyes. "We can all go to Jeju island right?" he asked.

 

"That's right. Let's all go to Jeju together. I'll buy Jackson's hyung all the meat he wants. Or fish. Fish is better in Jeju." I laughed, still trying to pull away from Jackson hyung's strong hold around my shoulder. He didn't let go.

 

"Seafood hotpot. I heard that's good." he said.

 

"Alright. I heard you. I'll buy you all you can eat. But first let me go hyung." I laughed. "I need to go take a shower." I said.

 

"So that's where the smell is coming from." Jackson hyung pinched his nose and I quickly hit him. He laughed and looked at me surprised.

 

"I don't stink." I laughed.

 

"Hey. I didn't say that. You just like hitting me don't you?" he asked.

 

I continued laughing, shaking my head and getting up to go to my room.

 

"It's because you always sit next to me hyung." I said.

 

"Hey. So I sit next to you and you hit me? You don't hit JB."

 

"Hey."

 

I laughed as JB hyung scolded Jackson. "I hit JB hyung. But he didn't say I stink hyung." I stuck out my tongue at him and he laughed loudly, pulling an arm around JB hyung and trying to explain himself.

 

"I'm going to shower. Save me food!" I yelled, spotting Yugyeom and BamBam already playing a game and eating all the food.

 

"W-what. You two. Don't eat it all." I pointed at them.

 

"You already ate some." Yugyeom said.

 

"W-what..." I laughed and walked into my room.

 

"I'll leave you some! Go shower. Jackson hyung said you stink!" Yugyeom suddenly yelled and I almost went out of the room to hit him. But maybe Jackson hyung is right. I showered in the morning but I've been working all day.

 

Maybe I do stink.

 

The first thing I did was fall on the bed.

 

"I'm so tired." I mumbled to myself. I laid there for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling.

 

"Hey. Are you taking the shower first or should I?"

 

"Mark hyung." I lifted myself up and he walked up to me and sat next to me.

 

"Don't listen to them. They always joke around." he said.

 

"Huh?" I laughed and shook my head. "It's not that. I'm still tired hyung. I think maybe I am getting sick. I just came back from a vacation and even went to an onsen and suddenly I'm getting sick." I continued laughing.

 

"Should I call your mom?" he asked, looking worried.

 

I smiled and shook my head no.

 

"I'm going to shower." I said.

 

"Hurry up so I can too." he said.

 

"Huh? You're staying over?" I asked, ing my shirt and taking off my belt.

 

"No. I didn't take a shower this morning and Jackson is telling them. I think I stink too." he laughed. "I might as well take it here so I can go straight to bed when I get home. I have work early tomorrow." he said.

 

"You don't smell hyung. I would have said something if you did. I was in your car really close to you." I laughed.

 

He nodded. "You don't smell either. I think Jackson is the one that smells. He didn't take a shower this morning either, but if I say something he's going to get mad and start whining." Mark laughed. "He took one yesterday night. We were both running late this morning." he said.

 

I laughed and took off my jeans, finding some shorts to wear and an old shirt I sometimes wear to go to sleep.

 

"You're not embarrassed that you changed in front of me?" Mark hyung suddenly asked. I turned to look at him and he was staring at me.

 

I laughed and shook my head. "Why would I be embarrassed? We're both guys." I said.

 

"How about around Jaebum?"

 

"W-what?" I laughed nervously and walked up to him, looking towards the door, hoping no one heard.

 

"Hyung...what are you talking about?" I whispered, still staring at the door.

 

"Are you embarrassed if it's Jaebum?" Mark suddenly asked.

 

I caught eyes with him again, my heart already beating loudly at the mention of JB hyung's name the first time.

 

I nervously chuckled and looked away, hoping he didn't see my nervousness. Recently Mark hyung can tell a lot. They all can tell a lot, I can't hide anything anymore.

 

"D-did JB hyung tell you to ask me this?" I quickly asked, looking at the floor, playing with my already trembling fingers.

 

"No." Mark hyung fell on my bed. I glanced at him and he was staring at the ceiling. "I'm just curious." he said.

 

"W-why?" I asked.

 

"Because if you get embarrassed around him I know that you like him too." he said.

 

"W-wha-huh?"

 

I felt my face getting red already.

 

"While you two were gone I thought about it a little. You're not embarrassed around us, but you get really embarrassed around Jaebum."

 

"H-hyung-"

 

We caught eyes and I pointed at the door.

 

Mark hyung just smiled and lifted himself up, nodding at the door.

 

"Why are you suddenly saying all this?" I asked, sitting on the bed, staring at the floor. Memories from Japan started coming one by one.

 

Yeah, Mark hyung doesn't talk a lot but when he does, he's very straightforward too. Sometimes he acts as if he doesn't really understand Korean, but he really does. He might not know some words still but when he's serious about something he suddenly knows all the words and talks a lot, like back in the car.

 

A short silence passed.

 

"Are you bothered by this hyung? Me...JB hyung." I mumbled.

 

"I told you. It's not my love life." he laughed. "It's not like I haven't heard of it before. I lived in LA." he said, patting my shoulder.

 

I stared at him. He suddenly looked nervous so he didn't say anything else.

 

"We're all guys so there's nothing to get embarrassed about. Things like changing in front of each other..." I mumbled.

 

Suddenly the memory of the onsen came up. I was so embarrassed just because I had to be not in front of Jun and Jinyoung-sshi, but because JB hyung was right next to me.

 

"Maybe I just get a little nervous around JB hyung." I quickly said.

 

Mark didn't say anything.

 

I sighed and grabbed everything I needed. "I'm going to shower first. I'll try to be fast." I quickly walked out of the room and went straight to the bathroom without looking at anyone.

 

My heart was beating so fast.

 

Ever since Mark hyung found out about me and JB hyung he's never asked such direct questions before. Even Jackson hyung doesn't ask so straightforward even though he teases me about it a lot.

 

Mark hyung said he was curious.

 

I sighed and the shower. While brushing my teeth and waiting I thought of it again and again, if maybe JB hyung asked him to ask me. But why can't JB hyung ask me himself?

 

This type of question. I just get a little nervous around him because...we're...a couple right? Isn't it normal to get nervous and embarrassed? Especially if you have to be around each other.

 

I paused brushing my teeth, feeling my cheeks go hot.

 

Why am I so nervous? We're both guys. It's not like I was in front of Mark hyung. I just put on shorts and a different shirt. I don't get embarrassed around Mark hyung...or anyone else. Yugyeom has seen me before. It's normal between guys.

 

I quickly finished brushing my teeth and got in the shower.

 

But I really do get too nervous around JB hyung. I'm becoming really strange.

 

I decided not to stay in the shower for a long time even though I wanted to. After standing there for a few minutes I started getting dizzy and tired, so I quickly got out of the shower and dried myself off, putting on my cloths sitting on the toilet seat.

 

I'm thinking too much. Am I really getting sick?

 

I put a hand on my forehead and sighed.

 

"I feel terrible." I mumbled.

 

I quickly dried my hair the best I could and walked out of the bathroom.

 

"Hyung! I'm done! There's extra towels in the bathroom."

 

They all turned to look at me and Mark hyung got up and walked towards me.

 

"What's with your face? It's so red." he said.

 

"Hey! What were you doing in the bathroom?" Jackson yelled. He walked up to me and started smelling my shoulder.

 

"W-what? What are you doing?" I pushed him away a little and laughed.

 

"Wow. This scent. It's so fresh." Jackson hyung said. He suddenly started tickling me and I pulled away laughing hard. "It tickles. Stop. Stop." I said.

 

Jackson hyung finally let me go after I tugged on his arm a little.

 

"Your face is really red though. Are you okay?" he asked.

 

"W-what? Yeah. I'm fine. Maybe I was just in there too long. My head kind of hurts. I think I'll go get some sleep first. Leave me food." I laughed.

 

"Wait. Lend me some clothes." Mark hyung stopped me and I nodded. He followed me into my room and I quickly laid down on the bed.

 

"In the closet. Take anything you want. There's more clothes in JB hyung's room." I said, covering my whole body with a blanket, closing my eyes and thinking about what Mark hyung was saying earlier.

 

A short silence passed. I listened to him going through my closet.

 

The bed suddenly moved and I opened my eyes when a hand touched my forehead.

 

"I'll look through Jaebum's closet too. Hey...You said your head hurts? You sure you don't want me to call your mom?" he asked. "You're warm. I think you're sick." he said.

 

"I think I'm getting sick so suddenly." I replied, groaning and yawning.

 

"I'll call your mom."

 

"No. I already talked to her today. I'll call her tomorrow morning and ask her to make me some soup. Go shower hyung." I quickly said.

 

Mark hyung stared down at me for a little while before nodding.

 

He's acting a little strange.

 

I closed my eyes when the door to my room closed.

 

I almost fell asleep when there was a knock to my door. I thought it was JB hyung so I lifted myself up.

 

Jr hyung walked into the room with his usual smile. He looked tired too.

 

Suddenly he fell down on the bed next to me and pulled one of my extra blankets to cover himself.

 

"It's so cold." he shivered.

 

"Hyung. Are you sleeping over?" I asked.

 

He laughed. "I'm going home. I have to drop off BamBam." he said.

 

I laughed and nodded.

 

"Who's taking Yugyeom?" I asked.

 

"He's going with Mark and Jackson. They're about to leave now." he replied.

 

I nodded.

 

"How can you sleep in here? It's really cold." he asked, shivering again.

 

I laughed and pulled the covers around me even tighter. "JB hyung's old room is cold. I think in the summer it's going to get really hot." I said.

 

"You should sleep in his room."

 

"I do. Sometimes JB hyung sleeps here too. He says sometimes his room gets too hot. But he has a window in there." I laughed.

 

A short silence passed and Jr hyung just chuckled.

 

"Were you asleep?"

 

"Almost." I mumbled, yawning.

 

"Mark hyung said you're sick." he said.

 

"I feel sick." I laughed. "I'll just call my mom. Her soup usually makes me feel better. I have to go see her. She called me and said I don't come see her. She wants me to babysit." I said.

 

"Her friend?"

 

"No. For my sister. They want to go shopping." I laughed.

 

"Oh. I can watch him if you don't feel so good."

 

"I just need to sleep. I think I'll feel better tomorrow. JB hyung and I got back early this morning and I didn't get enough sleep." I said.

 

"He looks tired too." Jr hyung laughed and I nodded. "But you two had fun." he said.

 

"It was really fun. Did he show you the videos?" I asked. "I think the camera is in my bag. I left all my things in JB hyung's room. I'm too tired to unpack." I laughed.

 

"He showed us. Next time I'm going to Japan. I haven't met Jinyoung hyung in a long time and I want to meet Jun." he said.

 

"They're really nice. They're fun and nice. They took us to a lot of places. How did you meet Jinyoung-sshi?" I asked.

 

"He's my older brother's friend. Back when I was in high school he used to always come to my house. I used to always stick around them and eventually we became friends too. Even though my brother was annoyed because I'm younger than them." Jr hyung laughed and I laughed with him.

 

We laid there for a few more minutes before Jackson hyung suddenly knocked on the door. BamBam, Yugyeom, and Mark hyung walked into the room.

 

"Hey. We're leaving." Jackson said. He walked up to me and checked the temperature on my head.

 

"What medicine is good for being sick? I'll buy and bring it tomorrow." he said.

 

"It's ok. I'm not sick now." I said, laughing loudly. "I think my mom is coming." I said.

 

"Hey. You're always getting sick. Take better care of yourself." Jackson suddenly looked serious and I smiled and nodded.

 

He always teases me but this is his true personality under all the teasing. Jackson hyung really cares about all of us a lot.

 

"We're going to leave now." Mark hyung said.

 

I nodded and Jr hyung got up and stretched.

 

"Where's JB hyung?" I asked. They were all crowded in the room as if I was already sick.

 

"He's cleaning up the table. He scolded me when I tried to help." Jackson hyung said.

 

"Because you were dropping chicken pieces on the floor." Yugyeom said.

 

"Hey." Jackson went for Yugyeom and I laughed loudly.

 

"Ok. Let's go. You two-" Jr hyung pushed them all out the room as they all said bye.

 

I sighed when the door close again. I laid there for a few minutes giggling and smiling at them.

 

Once again my eyes closed and I was almost asleep. Even closer than earlier when there was a small knock on the door and it opened.

 

JB hyung called out my name. I kept my eyes closed because I felt so tired, my sleep being ruined twice.

 

"Youngjae?"

 

"Hm..."

 

I struggled to open my eyes, yawning loudly.

 

"You asleep?" he asked.

 

"Not now." I laughed and lifted myself up a little to look at him. It was dark but I could see his figure. The door to my room closed and JB hyung walked up to me.

 

"I'm coming to sleep too." he suddenly said.

 

"Huh?"

 

So suddenly.

 

I stared at him and fell on the bed chuckling.

 

"Now it seems JB hyung really can't sleep without me. Are you scared hyung?" I joked.

 

"Hey." he mumbled.

 

I chuckled at him, walking closer.

 

"I'll show you scared." he suddenly said.

 

I laughed loudly as he suddenly started tickling me.

 

I pleaded and apologized so much that I couldn't breath.

 

He finally let me go and I sighed and fell on the bed, facing the ceiling. JB hyung laid down besides me and after struggling for a little while we got the covers to go around us.

 

"You should bring yours. This one is too small hyung." I mumbled.

 

JB hyung didn't say anything and I smiled and closed my eyes.

 

"I'm tired hyung." I continued mumbling.

 

"Go to sleep." he said.

 

A hand suddenly wrapped around me and I was turned around. My back hit a warm chest and I smiled and closed my eyes.

 

"Good night hyung."

 

"Mhm."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

I was getting sick.

 

The next morning when JB hyung and I woke up and struggled to get out of bed, when we struggled to even brush our teeth, I already knew something was wrong because my head still hurt.

 

It hurt so much that I called my mom before going to work. I took short breaks at work to go sit and wasn't very focused so I got scolded by some of the other teachers because teacher Park still didn't have time to come to school so I was doing work with the home room teacher again.

 

By the end of the workday I was tired out and sneezing a lot more.

 

I had to put on my mask towards the middle of the work day. During lunch I called my mom and she told me to come home. So after that I called JB hyung and told him I'm going home.

 

I couldn't tell if he sounded worried but he asked a lot of questions before I could get him off the phone. He said he'll bring me some chicken after he asked if I wanted anything and I said I want chicken. He laughed and said he'll bring me some when he gets off work.

 

I caught a taxi straight home after work.

 

My mom pulled me inside and forced me to take a shower and change into different clothes. Before I knew it I was laying on our long couch with a lot of blankets over me, sneezing loudly and having to wipe my nose again and again.

 

My sister teased me and my mom scolded me again and again for not wearing my padding jacket and suddenly going on a trip to Japan when I was sick. She scolded me but I could tell she was worried. She sat right next for me for an hour before getting up to go cook soup for me.

 

After I ate, I fell asleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

I woke up to loud laughing, the tv noise, and coco barking loudly.

 

I groaned and lifted a hand to touch my aching head.

 

"He's up. I think it's too loud."

 

Jackson hyung?

 

His face showed up and he was looking down at me, worried. I've seen this face before but not a lot, like his usual joking face.

 

"Youngjae are you okay?" he suddenly asked.

 

I stared up at him, realizing it was too hot so I pulled the covers off my body and lifted myself up.

 

JB hyung, Yugyeom, and Mark hyung were sitting on the floor eating in front of the tv.

 

"I’m okay." I quickly said.

 

What are they doing here?

 

"Do you boys like-"

 

"Youngjae. You're up."

 

I glanced at my older sister. She came walking from the kitchen with my baby nephew.

 

"How do you feel?" Jackson hyung asked and my attention turned back to him.

 

"I feel better. Where's mom?" I quickly turned back to my sister.

 

She walked up to me and Jackson hyung moved. She sat near the couch and touched my forehead.

 

I realized my nephew was asleep in her arms.

 

"You're still really hot. I'll get mom." she said, getting up and walking towards the kitchen again.

 

"I brought your chicken." JB hyung suddenly said. He lifted up the box of chicken and I was a little surprised they weren't eating it. He smiled at me.

 

I laughed and nodded, trying to lift myself up. I pulled myself up just when my mom came rushing towards me. She quickly put her head towards mine, her hand going through my hair.

 

"Mom. I'm fine. I think I was just sleepy." I stretched wide.

 

"You're not. Your body is still hot. I made Jaebum call teacher Park. Your not going to pass out at work Youngjae-ah. You're sick." my mom mumbled.

 

"But I can't take a day off." I quickly said.

 

I can't. If I'm thinking of going to Jeju then I can't really miss any days. Even if the job did start out as something I was only helping teacher Park with. Now that he has a lot more to do and two other universities to teach, I'm responsible for what happens at our university when he's not there.

 

"Just for tomorrow. He said you can take the day off. He said you're so serious about this job that you never say no when he asks you to take over so he thought everything was ok. He's going to stop by the teachers room and talk with the homeroom teacher for you. You need the day off Youngjae." my mom ran a hand through my hair and suddenly kissed my cheek.

 

I embarrassingly pulled away and sighed, laying down on the couch.

 

"You're sick but it doesn't mean you can't eat. Get up and drink you soup. Jaebum said you asked for chicken suddenly and he bought it. You're only going to eat what I make today. You can have the chicken tomorrow. This son of mine. You're sick and you want chicken." she shook her head and stood up.

 

I heard Jackson and Yugyeom giggling.

 

I stared at my mom as she walked towards the kitchen. The rest of the night went by fast.

 

We sat around and ate, watching tv. My dad even showed up and sat down with us to watch tv too. He ate and soon went to bed though.

 

Jackson hyung left first with BamBam.

 

Yugyeom stayed for a little while longer. He said his little sister was having some type of girls meeting at his house and he didn't want to go home yet, even though it was so late.

 

My sister used my dad's car to drop him off an hour after Jackson hyung left with BamBam.

 

I was laying on the couch the whole night. My mom wouldn't let me get up unless to drink her special soup or eat something. I didn't get a chance to eat the chicken JB hyung bought for me at all.

 

I started getting tired and almost fell asleep again when JB hyung stood up, stretched and said its getting late.

 

I quickly lifted myself up, letting the heavy blankets fall.

 

"Let's go. You have work tomorrow right hyung?" I quickly said, trying to leave quickly. If my mom gets her hands on me she really doesn't let me go, especially if I'm sick.

 

"Hey. Where are you going? Mom's going to kill you." my sister laughed. "She said you're going to stay here tonight. She's going to take care of you all night."

 

I stared at her laughing. She also knows how mom is. When she was in high school they were really strict with her too.That's why she refused to live with my parents and forced her husband to stay in Mokpo with my grandparents instead of move to Seoul. It worked for him because his company is there too.

 

"Hey. Why are you up?" my moms voice made me lift my head.

 

"Mom. We're going home. I need sleep. That's all." I chuckled, stretching wide to show her I was ok already.

 

"Hey. You're sick." she said, walking up to me to feel my head again. "You can't move. When you went to the bathroom you almost fell. Lay down." she said.

 

"Mom..." I whined. "...I didn't fall."

 

"Youngjae-ah..."

 

"Then I'll come tomorrow morning." I said.

 

"Choi Youngjae!" she said even more angrily.

 

It kind of scared me. I'm still a little scared of my dad, but my mom becomes really scary when she's serious about something. She becomes scary when I lie too. Even after all these years I try not to lie to her the best I can.

 

"You can barely move and you want to take the bus to come here? Why don't you want to stay here? Jaebum-ah, does my son have a girlfriend?" she suddenly asked.

 

"W-what? Mom..." I grabbed my head. Suddenly yelling made my head hurt. She suddenly ran up to me. I quickly glanced at JB hyung and he didn't have any expression on his face.

 

My heart started beating loudly, remembering what my mom was talking about earlier.

 

"Ok. Ok. I'll stop talking about that person you like. You just introduce her to me soon okay? You two go home and Youngjae-ah stay in your bed okay? Mom will come to take care of you tomorrow." she said.

 

"I'll come too." my sister suddenly winked and I knew why.

 

"What..." I mumbled, not being able to meet JB hyung's eyes. If it was before Japan I don't think it would bother me so much that my mom mentioned a girlfriend in front of him. Because she has before. But now, since Japan, I'm still feeling really strange around him.

 

I'm getting even more nervous and my heart is beating and I feel strange, not embarrassed, but my body feels strange.

 

Coco's sudden barks made me pull away from my thoughts and quickly pick her up.

 

"Leave her here. I'll bring her." my mom quickly said.

 

"No. I haven't had any time with her." I replied.

 

She sighed and nodded, picking up my jacket and helping me put it on. After this she grabbed a big scarf that looked familiar.

 

"Isn't that JB hyung's scarf?" I asked.

 

The big scarf he was wearing that first day at the cafe. The big black one that covered half of his face.

 

"I asked him to bring you a scarf. You never wear one. This is why you're sick Youngjae. Always making your mom worried." she mumbled.

 

I stared at her wrapping things around me. I couldn't even walk by the time she finished. I was hot but I couldn't take it off or she would get mad.

 

She helped me put on a mask and finally JB hyung and I could leave. I went to check up on my dad first and then we left, with coco in my hands and JB hyung with his shoulder bag and a plastic bag.

 

"What's the bag?" I asked.

 

"Chicken." he replied.

 

"Ah..."

 

We walked in silence all the way to the car. With coco in my arms I quickly fell asleep in the car, only sneezing loudly two times and waking up once.

 

The second time I woke up JB hyung was calling my name, and I heard it even through my deep sleep.

 

We walked up the apartments in silence and when we got inside, coco ran out from my arms and I started going straight for my room when a hand stopped me by the shoulder.

 

"Use my bed. It's bigger." JB hyung said.

 

I nodded and started taking off all the heavy material my mom put on me. I suddenly felt bad again and my head hurt so I went straight for JB hyung's bed. I laid down, pulled the covers over me and sighed, already feeling better.

 

Soon coco came barking into the room and she laid down next to me.

 

JB hyung walked in too. We caught eyes and he slightly nodded his head. I smiled at him.

 

Coco suddenly barked cutely and got my attention for a few seconds. But in those few seconds I heard JB hyung say something that I didn't hear properly.

 

I looked at him. He already changed so quickly. He walked closer to me and from my position laying on the bed I couldn't really see him.

 

"Huh? I didn't hear you." I said.

 

The bed suddenly moved and I almost got up when suddenly I was looking up at JB hyung's face.

 

We were suddenly looking up at each other. My heart was beating really fast but I didn't really feel nervous.

 

"What is it?" I asked, chuckling.

 

He smiled. "Are you really okay? How do you feel?" he suddenly asked.

 

Ah....

 

I smiled. "I'm really ok. It's just a small cold I think. I don't feel as bad as I did before, but maybe because I didn't get enough sleep when we got back. I feel better now." I said.

 

JB hyung just continued looking down at me, now looking worried.

 

""A-what...hyung...you're so close. You're making me feel strange again. You're going to get sick." I said, laughing, now a little nervous since he was staring down at me so hard.

 

He just continued staring.

 

Suddenly he kissed me.

 

Now I stared.

 

I stared up at him.

 

It was so fast that I had a late reaction. The shock came a few seconds after I stared at him. It was so fast that I didn't get a chance to do it back. I stared up at JB hyung. He smiled and I chuckled.

 

"You're going to get sick hyung." I mumbled, a little embarrassed.

 

"Get better soon. Then eat your chicken you made me buy. Or I'll eat it for you." he said, getting up.

 

I laughed, trying not to cough or sneeze.

 

"W-what...you bought it for me and you're going to eat it?" I asked.

 

"It's sitting there waiting for me." he teased.

 

"W-what...fine. I'll eat it tomorrow." I chuckled.

 

"Your mom won't let you." he said.

 

"I'll sneak it." I laughed.

 

"You're going to lie to her?" he suddenly turned to me with a jokingly fake shocked expression. Like the expression Jackson hyung has when I hit him.

 

"W-what...it's not lying. It's my food and I'll eat it." I said.

 

"You better." JB hyung mumbled.

 

I laughed. "Thank you for buying it for me hyung. Even though I couldn't eat it." I mumbled.

 

"Mm.."

 

With that JB hyung then left the room and I heard the shower turn on.

 

With the sound of the shower going on I quickly fell asleep with coco next to me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

For the next three weeks JB hyung and I worked non stop. My cold got better in two more days and I was able to work perfectly fine but because I missed a day I had so much work to do.

 

I remember a while ago when JB hyung and I worked so much that the only time we would see each other is before going to sleep for a few minutes and waking up for a few minutes. It became like this.

 

The guys were also really busy so none of us could see each other.

 

I returned home from work one Friday a little shocked to see JB hyung sleeping...on the couch. He looked like he just came back from work. His bag was hanging off his shoulder and he still smelled like the practice room. Usually when he gets home from work he goes straight to the shower.

 

I stared at him, a little shocked that he could even sleep through coco's loud barking.

 

I walked up to him and stared down at him.

 

Looks tired.

 

"But you really smell like your practice room hyung." I laughed and covered my nose. I didn't think it smelled before, but now that I haven't been there again, it really smells.

 

What was I thinking? It smells like sweat and shoes.

 

I laughed and lifted myself up.

 

This is the first time he's come home so early. He must be really tired. I'll shower first.

 

I picked up coco and pulled her into my room, closing the door quietly and getting ready to go shower. I took coco in the shower with me, but left the door open just a little if she wanted to go out if it got too hot. I thought she would, but she cutely sat there and waited for me to finish.

 

Coco watched me, like how JB hyung stares at me, as I put on clothes and dried my hair. She circled around my legs, barked and ran out of the bathroom.

 

When I walked back out JB hyung changed positions but he was still laying on the couch. I chuckled and walked up to him.

 

"Jaebum hyung." I nudged his shoulder. He moved a little and opened his eyes. Coco didn't stop barking so I guessed that's what woke him up.

 

We stared at each other. He didn't even look like he knew who I was.

 

"Go take a shower hyung. Then you can go sleep on your bed." I chuckled. He moved slightly and his bag fell on the floor. Then he started groaning and making little cute noises. It made me laugh. It's rare to see JB hyung's cute side.

 

"Are you up? You really stink hyung. You smell like shoes." I laughed.

 

He looked at me and I nodded, continuing to laugh loudly.

 

I picked up his bag and got up. It didn't take long for him to come into his room and suddenly start taking off his clothes. I panicked, a little nervous as I walked out of his room, heading towards my room. Coco stayed with him though.

 

I went into my room and my computer. There's a new game that Yugyeom bought and he's letting me borrow it. Since I've had no time at all for the last three weeks, today's the day to start.

 

I put on my headset and focused all my attention on the game.

 

But the time I looked down at my phone it was really late. Coco was sleeping on my bed and I yawned and stretched wide.

 

"I don't have work tomorrow" I yelled to myself, a little too happy. Teacher Park needed me on the weekends, so for the past three weekends I was working.

 

I sighed and coco suddenly barked. I chuckled and walked up to her, apologizing for waking her up. She barked again and then put her head back on the bed. I stared at her falling asleep again.

 

Where's JB hyung?

 

I quickly got up and walked to his room. The door was closed to I tried to quietly open it. When I did JB hyung was laying on the bed with his arms and legs laying out wide on either side of him.

 

I covered my mouth so I didn't laugh loudly.

 

Instead of waking him up to get under the covers, I walked to his closet and found extra blankets. I put them around him and then smiled before yawning and going back to my room.

 

I think I fell asleep as soon as I laid down on the bed, coco sleeping close to me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________