░ Chapter 3 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: Like I always warn in the other Playhouse it's a dialogue and information heavy update so be prepared ♥ I can't stop writing so I hope you further enjoy this week's The Play House: Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It has been quite a while my Child
You.....where have you gone.....
Me? You are mistaken for you are the one who had gone. Je vous ordonne de venir a la lumiere Jeanne.
I.....said that.....
I command you into the light. An encantation all your own my Child. You too have finally unlocked your heart and returned to the light, thus returning to me. I suspect your life will become most interesting as of late.
Wait....who are you....
Until next time Jeanne, my Child


Emerald eyes slowly opened, misty and finally filled with light. body delicately covered by thick sheets, stained with her blood and the dirt of the Earth. Caramel brown hair dingy and sprawled out on the pillow with her bent arms laying on either side of her head.

Sore but serene the blood had hurried to her cheeks as her memories of last night played in her head. Caresses, kisses, tangled limbs and an overwhelming feeling of protection in the man's embrace. Had she really just given up her purity to a complete stranger? Her Grand Father would not have approved at all.

Grabbing her robe she scurried to the bathroom for a hot bath. The heat washing away her pain and the steam clearing her mind Jeanne had begun to think properly for the first time in years.

She ghosted her hand over the top of her boney knees that were breaching the surface of the bubbles. Her body felt weak, no doubt from her mal-nourishment, hair dry and uncared for.

She peered into the large regal mirror where Emerald eyes shimmered like jewels in her too small face. Pale skin, chapped bleeding lips, cuts and bruises, she looked as if she really had just returned from the grave.

Jeanne brushed her hair till it was completely dry, humming to herself, the classic tune from her music box. Tying her locks in a high ponytail she slipped on clean underwear and pulled her mauve colored quarter sleeved Baby Doll dress over her too slender body.

Her black leggings too that used to fit so well before now clung on for life to whatever meat she had left. Lacing her black suede ankle boots Jeanne dug around in the fancily crafted drawer and pulled out a pair of glasses.

Still humming she tidied up the wash room before leaving out the door and gasped as she walked into something she believed to be a wall. Rubbing her nose she looked up slowly and froze, the man from last night.

Kim Wonshik, wasn't it? Was looking down at her with an impassive face. He too had changed, black hair washed and combed to perfection, black suit jacket but no shirt underneath revealing his well toned chest.

In the light of day she could finally get a good look at his sharp facial features and beautiful dark eyes. Her eyes fall to the choker around his neck and her mind begins to dance with images of the mystical happenings that occured in the Labirynth.

Both of which should not have existed, just like the Beast she had encountered who was now standing in front of her in the form of a man. She gasps as he grabs her wrist and begins to tug her down stairs to the dining room.

He pulls her seat out and tucks her in, her nose scrunching from the stench of rotting food on the plates surrounding her. The wax candles had all but disappeared, coating the holder and dripping onto the table.

The table cloth was dusty and stained, the fruit bowls full of fruit carcasses infested with maggots and other critters. She flinches as a rather large rat climbs onto the table and her eyes widen as Wonshik blurs over to the nuisance, grabbing it's body in his hand and throwing it out the open window.

He looks back at her with narrowed eyes and feeling intimidated she lowers her head and gulps nervously. The area in front of her was different. The table cloth had been moved away leaving the clean wood surface.

The food in front of her was not moldy or aged, in fact aside from being a bit over done it was fresh. The meat appeared to be that of the wild rabbits that roam in the forest, and judging by the holes it must've been skewered and roasted over an open flame.

The berries and vegetation were ruggedly pulled from branches and the dirt but thoroughly rinsed and rung. Looking up at Wonshik who was still gazing at her impassively with his lips in a firm line she blinked at him and tilted her head.

"Did you make this?"
-nods-
"For me?"
"No, for the other starved soul dwelling in this residence"

His low tone was clipped making her eyes wander about awkwardly. He didn't seem very happy. No one asked him to do such a thing but it was appreciated none the less.

"What are you waiting for?"

He asks as she continues to look at him with her hands in her lap.

"Could you please take a seat? I was taught not to eat until all attendees were seated and situated."

Wonshik's jaw tenses as he reluctantly pulls a chair out and he freezes as Jeanne stands with a look of pain in her eyes.

"No not there!"

Observing her for a moment he nods and slowly returns the chair to it's proper place before making his way to the other side of the table to sit beside her. She relaxes back into her chair and nods apologetically.

"I'm sorry for my out burst. Have you eaten already? Maybe we can share?"

Wonshik brings his hand up to rub his chin, his eyes narrowing on her and becoming dark. His gaze follows the vein in her neck making him swallow, his mouth becoming dry. A grumble erupts from his throat but his thoughts seize as Jeanne calls his name and the charm on his neck stings.

"Eat."
"But..."
"Eat"

He says more firmly, ignoring her question and timidly she does as she is told and immediately salivates as that first bite of precious food hits her tongue. She had starved for so long, her body rejecting anything she had consumed so the food in front of her was gone within moments.

Wonshik pours her a wine glass full of water but he tenses as Jeanne gags, slapping her hand over and running to the kitchen where her body once again rejected everything she just ate.

She looks up embarrasedly, thinking the man will find her disgusting but instead he was by her side with an impassive face holding a handkerchief to her with the glass of water to wash away the sour taste.

"....Thank you....."
"You ate too fast and it shocked your stomach. You really should be more careful...."
"Jeanne."
"Jeanne."

Gazing at each other momentarily Jeanne eyes Wonshik's wounded arm. The sleeve was being pulled up revealing he had stitched up the cut while she slept. He pulls his sleeve down and nods.

"Thank you for caring for me."
"I have so many questions."
"You and I both. First off, why are you not afraid of me?"

He asks seriously, his dark eyes searching hers. She had seen him as a giant Beast, he attacked her wanting her dead, destroying trees with a mere swipe of his paw and he's blurred in front of her countless times now yet she's said nothing. She smiles taking him by surprise and his heart skips a beat.

"I, actually, I'm not sure either and it's very strange. But my Grand Father always told me to believe in the unbelievable, it'll make things that much more beautiful if you just accept things as they are."
"You believe me beautiful?"
-nods-
"Despite seeing my true form, despite me trying to kill you, you still believe me beautiful?"
"Beauty is on the inside Kim Wonshik. Your beauty shined when you presented me with that meal."
"I could've poisoned you. Did your Grand Father not teach you to be wary of strangers?"
"But you didn't and yes he did but I have this odd sense that you are no stranger."

The more she strained to look up at his towering form the more Wonshik saw the vein protruding from her neck, a growl threatening to surface.

"Is that why you allowed me in your bed? Allowed me to have you Jeanne?"
"I.....why do you look so pained....!"

Jeanne gags as Wonshik grabs her by the throat and blurs her into the wall with her feet off the ground, fangs snarling and eyes glowing.

"I....I want to consume your flesh!"

His voice was two toned again and sending waves of fear through her fragile body. She claws futilely at his hold on her, her wind pipe slowly caving in causing her to suffocate.

"AM I STILL BEAUTIFUL HUMAN!?"
"Let me go"

She manages to plead but this only excites the Monster in front of her, his pupils dilating as he prepares to end her life.

Release me, now

Jeanne's vision blackens for a second and upon return Wonshik roars and drops her body as he claws at his head. The back of his neck burns uncontrollably as his mind quakes blinding him.

The mental attack she had unknowingly unleashed on him causes him to cry in agony until he blurs out of the room leaving her on the floor clutching her chest.

There's the sound of a lock being sealed echoing in the air and Jeanne leans her head back against the wall and sighs in relief. She can hear Wonshik's roars in the distance, he's pounding on the walls of his confines until he burns up all his energy and he falls silent.

Jeanne grabs the letter and her journal from her vanity before venturing down the cobble stone spiral stair case with an oil lamp as her guide. It takes her much longer to arrive to the bottom than when she tumbled all the way down the first time.

"Are you alright?"

She asks as she sits on the outside of the mystical barrier that keeps Wonshik encased and he furrows his brows.

I should be asking you that

It seems while he is in this....cage....he can only communicate with her in her mind. Noted. He watches as she diligently writes in her leather bound journal with a fountain pen.

"I'm fine, a little shaken but I'll live....What are you?"

A Demon

The word sends a shiver down her spine. Demon. A creature born from the flames of Hell, coming in all forms, sizes and strength. Some with abilities, some with a sense of humanity, some not. Just like in her Grand Father's tales.

"So that Bear like form of yours is your True form?"
That is correct. I hail from the Berserker class of Demon. Those with animal like characteristics...

A faint memory flashes in Jeanne's mind and she whispers faintly.

"Like a Whorler"

Wonshik's eyes widen, completely baffled by the information sprouting from this young woman's mouth.

Whorlers' aren't Demons and they are an extinct species but one, how do you know of them Human?
"I....saw it in a Dream. He lived in a forest with a tree that could sense into someone's soul."
You speak of the Enchanted Forest Realm. Who are you?

She dreamt of an actual place? A creature she's seen in her dreams actually exists? There's a faint spark of excitement in her chest as she continues to write in her journal.

"What were you doing by the pond? How did you get injured?"
I got into a bout with a clan of Demons and bit off more than I could chew. I escaped through the portal to safety and luckily they didn't follow me.

Wonshik growls as he recalls being jumped by a coven of Demons while he was training. It's dishonorable to attack a warrior when their back is turned! Jeanne is at a loss for words.

"The pond is a portal? To where?"
The Demon Realm

Her Grand Father's letter warned her of the forest and not to trust anyone who may come from it. Was this why? Did he know of all this? She looks up at Wonshik through long lashes with shy Emerald eyes.

"You didn't flee. You could've returned to the Demon Realm and never see me again. You could've killed me in my sleep and consumed my flesh then. Instead you stayed and even locked yourself away instead of killing me. Why didn't you leave, Demon Kim Wonshik?"

His eyes narrow as he looks at the ground next to him, overwhelmed by her pretty bright eyes. This was true. He could've killed her at any moment but instead he allowed her to touch him and even place this God foresaken collar back around his neck.

For years his memory had been hazy, having minor glimpses of this place in his dreams, hearing her exact voice whisper in his head despite never meeting her but the moment he touched her....he had to know her....the moment she let him make love to her, he had to stay by her side and never leave her. He didn't want to leave.

"What do you have to eat?"
Pardon?

She crawled over with curious eyes, the most life filled she's been in years and pressed on.

"What do you have to eat? You were ravenous for my flesh? Do you need meat? Why did you not eat the rabbit when I offered it to you?"
You are a curiously strange creature Jeanne. You do not fear me and also find all that you've learned and encountered fascinating when the normal human would believe these nothing but tales and none sense. Are you mad?

Jeanne sits back on her heels and brushes her hair behind her ear, the Demon's eyes locking onto her neck but for different reasons than before, much more, sensual reasons.

"I've asked my Grand Father that countless times. -sigh- Is it human flesh you desire?"
......
"You tasted my blood last night and it dazed you for a moment allowing me to escape."

She grabs at her throbbing head as her dream plays in her head. The shadow individual slipping the secret he was a Demon, he apologized for the mess and said it was in his nature and she finds bodies mutilated....was this not a dream then?

Wonshik places his hand on the glass, strangely wanting to comfort the girl in pain. He too has a memory play in his mind, voices in his head, of a little girl and an older gentleman speaking and the little girl asks: Do you think I've gone mad Grand Father?

Consuming humans is the most barbaric thing a Demon can do, the lowest of the low.....
"Yet it is in a Demon's nature?"

She reiterates the strange man's words and Wonshik's gaze finds hers.

Where do you get this information from? Blood lust is naturally in a Demon's nature yes but there are many forms of it. To consume it, to spill it, to command it. But once you've tasted human flesh....it's like an addiction, one that I've fought off for hundreds of years.

He his lips curiously, sending a sweet tingle down her spine.

But you Jeanne, your blood is, strange, I can't quite figure out why.
"Shall you have another taste then?"
My God woman you are mad hahaha

His husky laugh is so beautiful. His shoulders shake and he smiles at her with perfect teeth and gleaming fangs. He hasn't laughed like that in so long.

"You hunted for my food because there was nothing in my kitchen. So if you were to have gone to the market place..."
It would've been dubbed the Slaughter Place

He chuckles sinisterly at his own joke, just imagining the humans screaming in his wake getting him excited. His animalistic thoughts seize however as Jeanne chews on the end of her pen thinking deeply, so deeply he wanted desperately to know what was on her mind.

"So vampires, werewolves, witches, ghouls, are they all real as well?"
As real as I am
"Oh my goodness. Grand Father would never believe this....One more thing"
Already? Just One? You've learned nothing.
"I've learned plenty thank you very much. But....why did you call me Mistress? Do you know what this place is? And that choker...."
Collar
"That makes you sound like some sort of pet or slave of some sort"
Because I am Jeanne. Yours. Do not ask me why I allowed myself, a powerful Demon to let a Human like yourself put this collar on me, but it felt like the right thing to do. I'm so confused by all this.
"Same."

Wonshik thinks back to the throbbing pain in his head he experienced as Jeanne commanded him in his head. He rubs his sore neck and growls. How did she have such a power over him? He could not fight her command at all. Power and Human do not co-exist in a proper statement.

Where are you going?

He panics as the girl stands and dusts herself off. She pushes her glasses back up her slender nose and holds her book in front of her with two hands.

"I can't just let you starve Kim Wonshik, Demon or not."
I highly doubt you'd be able to gather the amount of fresh meat I'd need to consume Jeanne. I doubt you'd be able to hunt at all actually hahaha.
"Do not tease me Sir. I'll go to the market place and buy as much as I can carry."

She contemplates for a moment. When was the last time she properly ventured out of her estate? Had proper human contact? In her state could she carry much at all? She was all flesh and bone now.

She looks back at Wonshik and is puzzled. He's standing, soft eyes on her full of wonder and concern.

You'd do that for me?
"Aish now I feel like you're a dog or something I must feed. -sigh- This is not ideal at all for a 'mighty Demon'"
Now you tease Jeanne. Let me accompany you.
"You just told me you'd slaughter an entire village and you want me to take you with me? You are the mad one here!"

She giggles and it sounds like wind chimes to the Demon's ears. He crosses his arms and tries to remain cool and collected.

I'd much rather accompany you. I'd feel more comfortable if you brought me along Mistress.
"Please don't call me that. It's just to the market place I'll be back in a haste."

She heads for the stairs when Wonshik's voice echoes in her head.

Please call upon me if you need me

Jeanne looks back at Wonshik's concerned face and gives him a small smile and a nod.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: -looks up from leather bound journal, words illuminated by candle light and reflecting in the lenses of her glasses- -nods and continues to write with her fountain pen-