░ Chapter 2 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: So that brief absense after just beginning a new story was not ideal haha Sorry but I've been busy teaching girls at the local elemnetary school a dance for their Christmas party and it's taken all my time so hopefully after this week I should be back on track \o/

Welcome back to my world of madness Ladies and Gents thank you for your audience. We had just met Jeanne our lovely main character who's life took a stunning turn for the worse. Losing conciousness in a pool of blood is not pleasant I would assume? Where is she now? Let's find out on this week's The PlayHouse: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Was it all a dream?
 
Jeanne had wondered this, as she wondered everyday, while she carried about her business in an orderly fashion.
 
Wake up, prepare breakfast, water the plants, bathe, travel to town and return home, all alone, as always.
 
It had been years since she had that horrible night terror of stumbling upon a pile of dismembered aquaintences in the studio room.
 
The smell of death wavering in the air, a smell most foul, it amazed her she could still remember such a thing considering it was only a dream. It amazed her she could still feel the thickness of spilt blood coating the bottom of her feet then her entire body as she collapsed onto the floor.
 
Sticky and cool it soaked into her caramel brown hair and smeered all over her face making her feel dirty and vile. The dark crimson color was such a contrast as it stained her white night gown.
 
Losing conciousness the echoes of the approaching figure's foot steps rung deeply in her soul.

I must not touch her.....but I have to. Love you are going to get me into a lot of trouble for this.

Then she had awoken from the terrible dream, greeted by the warm rays of the sun.

Hastily she peeled off her covers and reveled in the relief that her night gown was still white as snow but that relief soon turned to anquish as she also realized the scar was still very real across her chest.

She peered over and just like that the sun was no longer warm on her skin, her body becoming numb, her eyes losing light as she saw her Grand Father's final goodbye encased in that opened envelope.

With her arms wrapped around her again she traveled the empty hallways with her feet bare and she stood frozen in front of the studio door. There was no odor, no stained floor and as she opened the door she sighed.

No corpses, no blood, it was now just an empty room of memories.

Half finished pieces scattered everywhere, mediums laid out accordingly on the floor and Jeanne lowered her head as tears fell for on the eisel in the center of the room held her Grand Father's final gift to her: A beautiful oil painting of the two of them.

The staff were gone, the gallery dusty and uncared for but instead of questioning this reality Jeanne felt hallow. After waiting for the Doctor in the pure white hospital she felt no different as he had informed her of what had truely happened to her.

She had a heart condition with no cure and her Grand Father self-lessly sacrificed his own life so she would live.

Her night wear had grown looser for she had been unresponsive and hooked up to a machine for months causing her to become thin. And here she thought she was out only for a day or so.

Unable to bare such a loss the staff had abandoned Jeanne, not able to look at her for all they saw was their dead old friend. Were they not family? Did she mean so little to them that they just left her without so much as a goodbye?

But what did she care anymore? Grief made people do questionable things, or so the Doctor said.

"If you'd like Ms. Demetrus I could schedule for grief counseling. You've just gone through a dramatic life change and I'd think it'd be in your best interest to talk to someone about this."

She arose without a word and exited the dreaded hospital with staff and patients alike looking on in pity, for everyone knew what had happened with the Demetrus.

In a few weeks time the lawyer had settled all legal affairs.

Their home, their gallery, their fortune, was all hers. The pieces of art belonged to her and she had the power to do with them as she pleased and it would be a lie if she said that burning them all didn't cross her mind.

The market place she used to venture on sunday strolls with her loved one was now a strange place. So crowded and bustling yet she felt all alone. Buying all these ingredients, these herbs, these delicasies, was all in vain for Jeanne barely ate and the food was left to rot and waste.

Sitting at the head of the large dining table alone in her fancy dress surrounded by plates of rotting food and dying candles she life-lessly sipped at her aged whine.

"This is nice...."

She whispers soul-lessly, looking over at he Grand Father's vacant seat and smiles eeriely.

After the first year the people who tried to reach out to her, higher class who used to visit the gallery regularly, the hospital, friends, they all seized contact after Jeanne locked herself away and they assumed her dead.

She stared at the blank canvas in front of her with the paint pallet in one hand and a brush in the other. Dipping it in the black paint she smashed the instrument against the surface and roughly dragged it around till the brush was dry.

Mindlessly she continued to move the brush until all the bristles had fallen off and the wooden handle had pierced a hole straight through the material. She drops everything to the floor and leaves without a word, leaving the door of the un-used studio wide open.

In the darkness of the studio in the lonely moonlight she re-reads that letter over and over again. She was alive yet she felt as though she had still died. What kind of life was this? Her Grand Father could not bear to go on without her, did he not consider she could not do the same?

"Why did you....leave me all alone...."

The tears fall again, staining the letter in the same places they always did. With her knees to her chest making herself smaller it almost feels as though the residence is shaking with her emotions.

The room grows black as sin as the moon is covered up by dark clouds that bring heavy rain. Again her vision adjusts to the darkness as if it were bright as day, unaware of the state her eyes are in. This sudden change happened so rarely she did not even bother to consider why it happened.

"!"

She flinches and covers her ears as a piercing roar rattles her ear drums to the point of deafness. Her heart is racing as the sound echoes through her being causing every hair on her body to stand alert, a pit of fear forming in her mal-nourished stomach.

Jeanne looks over her shoulder and as if under a trance she unlocks the glass doors and ventures out into the storm in search of the source of the cry.

Deeper and deeper she ventures into the forest, her sight slowly fading and failing. The rain falls heavily soaking her to the bone. Her hair sticks to her face, her blouse becoming transparent enough to see her ribs and the scar on her chest.

Her feet become filthy with mud as she continues to trudge in some unknown direction. Her hands cut and bruise as she climbs fallen trunks and pushes branches out of her way, the vegetation becoming denser and denser it's becoming nearly impossible to go on, but she does.

She feels as if there are eyes watching her every move, whispers among the trees, chills of warning tingling down her spine. Finally she reaches a small clearing.

There's a glowing blue pond, glistening as if the stars of the sky were all gathered under the water. Water lillies float aimlessly across the surface.

"!"

She gasps and covers , the first emotion coursing through her veins in so long reminding her she was still alive in this dead world, fear.

There by the water's edge is a large beast like creature. Larger than any Bear she's ever seen the monster was huge with marbled black and gray fur with patches of white.

It's body was strangely human like, fully defined muscles covered in thick hair and what appears to be leather armor with spikes. It's paws were the size of half her height with razor sharp claws, crusting with a dark substance.

It was breathing heavily, actually, it was barely breathing at all. A deep laserasion on it's arm was spilling blood at a deadly pace and Jeanne had a faint memory of her night terror and she squeezes her eyes shut as she approaches it.

Just by kneeling Jeanne could already tell if it stood up tall it would be a giant towering over her form. What was this creature? Bears do not wear armor nor grow to be this size.

She places her hand near its parted mouth and faintly feels it's hot breath against her skin. Quickly she rips a piece of her lengthy blouse from the end and carefully wraps the wound, tying a tight not to seal it shut and stop the blood flow.

Jeanne begins to back away slowly when the Beast's eyes fly open and it's pupils dilate and focus on her. She screams as it releases a vicious roar and swipes at her with it's large paw tearing at her clothing.

She springs to her feet and covers her head as the monster quickly but clumsily rises and chases after her. Ducking under branches her breath leaves her as the monster swings his massive arm and smashes a tree trunk to splinters, mere inches from her face.

"Yah!"

A few feet from her home she falls to the ground as the Beast nips at her shin sending jolts of pain throughout her body. She looks up terrified as her blood drips from it's fangs but some how it now looks dazed.

Taking advantage she fights through the pain and runs straight into the gallery. Her heart is pounding as she can hear it roar behind her, it's feet crushing the floor underneath it and it's claws digging into walls as it climbed them.

The darkness is momentarily lit by a flash of lightning and Jeanne ducks behind a large curtain and covers as the intruder approaches. Between flashes of lightning she can see it's shadow.

First on all fours it rises to it's hind legs, standing tall like a human man and her eyes widen in horror. It's so tall and it was sniffing the air. Her hand feels behind her and she's surprised to find a door knob.

Hastily she pushes it open and begins to scream as she tumbles down a spiral staircase. Each stoney step digs into her sides, bruising her pale skin and she groans as she finally reaches the bottom.

Weakly she picks herself up and ventures deeper inside as the monster could be heard behind her. What was this place?

It was dimly lit, fog rolling across the floor making her skin feel cool. Glass breaks under her shoes as she comes upon what looks to be like exhibit cases. Six of them scattered in the void area, all different.

She whips her head around as the Beast finally catches up but unlike the complete animalistic way it's eyes looked before, hell bent on tearing her limb from limb, it now had a glint of puzzlement.

It roars loudly, saliva flying everywhere and Jeanne does the only thing she can do, the only thing she's been doing since that day, hide. The furthest area was decorated with faded fabric curtains, dusty and eaten away by time.

She trips over and fearfully backs herself into a corner as the Monster stalks her, it's eyes locked on her. She looks away, her chest moving rapidly as it's large muzzle sniffs her hair and growls.

"Please.......please....."

She begs with tears rolling down her face. It pauses briefly as it sniffs her clothing then sniffs at the fabric wrapped around it's injured arm. It looks around it's surroundings then back at the girl cowering underneath it.

Curious she peers back at it with one Emerald eye. It's gazing at her. It's thoughts are racing, forming pictures, memories and Jeanne flinches as it actually speaks.

I.....know you.....

It grumbles animal like, a two toned voice. She squeezes her eyes shut as it reaches out to her, preparing herself for the worse but she's surprised when her blouse is being gently tugged....in between human like fingers.

Slowly she looks up and gasps. The Monster in front of her was no longer a Monster but a man. Damp black hair with slightly colored skin. Muscular body covered in scars and dried blood and what seems to be tattoos of ancient symbols.

He's kneeling in front of her in tattered black pants as he curiously pulls on the shreds of her blouse as if mesmerized. She reaches for the bandage she hand made and freezes as the man's eyes pin her in place, sharp, dark and slightly glowing.

She doesn't look him in the eyes, her Grand Father had told her to never look an animal in the eyes for they consider it a challenge. Carefully she slips the bandage back up his forearm and wraps the now smaller wound and secures it with a knot.

"Kya!"

She shrieks as the man suddenly rips her blouse to pieces leaving her in her damp dark bra. His hand lifts slowly causing her to shy away and he growls menacingly with fangs visible behind his lips.

His finger traces along her visible collar bone, down to the scar on her chest causing goose bumps to rise, all the way down to her ribs and back up again. Delicately his fingers dance along her neck and up to her face and just like his hands Jeanne could feel his eyes looking over her as well.

He brushed her wet hair behind her ear and continued to gaze at her, his brows furrowed and his lips set in a firm line. His other hand slides over the tender wound on her leg as it continues it's journey up to hold her face in his strong callused palms.

Her breathing slows unexpectedly as the man leans in, his nose brushing against her forehead and down. His lips ghost over hers briefly causing Jeanne's body to grow heated.

Slowly she places her hands over his causing the man to suddenly freeze with fear, a low growl slipping past his teeth. Out of the corner of her eye she sees something shiny and slowly reaches for it making the man's glowing eyes narrow.

Examining it it seems to be some sort of neck accessory. Leather strap with the buckle made of some sort of stainless steal, unaffected by time and beautiful. It gleams causing her eyes to sting and she gasps as the man grabs her wrist roughly.

"......put it on me......"

His bass voice sends shivers down her spine. So low and husky, weak but with a hint of aggression as he strains through gritted teeth. Without even questioning him she slowly slips the piece around the man's neck and she bites her lower lip as he hisses, the silver symbol reacting to his skin making it glow hot.

Once the buckle is clasped Jeanne cowers as a large gust of wind envelopes the two. The tattered curtains glow and become good as new, snow white and fluttering and the floor polishes till it shines. What's happening?

Tired, the man's fingers curl around Jeanne's chin making her look him in the eye but still she refuses.

He lowers his face to hers and as his lips gently touches hers Jeanne becomes startled and quickly escapes. Tripping over her broken heel she looks back and is surprised to see the man standing outside the curtains but not chasing after her.

He raises a hand and places it in front of him and Jeanne's eyes widen as an invisible force field flashes briefly letting itself be acknowledged. The two watch each other warily in silence.

She approaches once more, placing her hand on what appears to feel like invisible glass and the man does the same.

"Who are you?"

She asks softly and she hears a soft whisper in her head.

Wonshik. Kim Wonshik.

This whisper.....was like those she used to hear when she was a child.

"Can.....you not follow me?"

Wonshik slowly shakes his head.

Not unless you release me
"How do I do that?"
I'm not sure

He frowns as she backs away from him, Emerald eyes still avoiding his. Not knowing what else to say Jeanne retreats back up the stairs leaving Wonshik in the cobble stone basement.

She sat in the center of her bed still covered in the filth of the forest and half with her knees to her chest. Her heart and mind were racing wildly with thoughts of all that has happened.

You should sleep

She gasps as Wonshik's whisper echoes faintly in her mind and she shakes her thoughts clear. Maybe she's just hearing things, it wouldn't be the first time. She grabs at her throbbing head and whimpers.

This wasn't possible. A secret labirynth can't exist under her home and a Beast can't suddenly turn into a man. She had so many questions, so many things she wanted to ask the stranger. Her mind goes blank and she whispers with eyes becoming pitch black with a symbol flickering.

Je vous ordonne de venir......à la lumière

There's a faint ruffling echoing in the air and all stills as her lips part.

Wonshik.

There's a clicking sound and as quick as she can draw in a breath there is a knock at her door.

"Come....in...."

She whispers and her cheeks flush as Wonshik steps inside timidly, his eyes pinned on her after scanning his news surroundings. Jeanne gasps as he blurs over to the bed with inhuman like speed. He crawls on the cushion on all fours until he's directly in front of her with his face inches from hers.

"You....summoned me.....Mistress?"

The term awakens something deep inside Jeanne that had been dormant and the man growls as Jeanne suddenly leans in and kisses him fervently. Heated and impatient his strong hand tangles in her brown hair making her whimper so his hold lightens automatically.

His lips aggresively parting hers, his tongue pushing pass her teeth and claiming the cavern as his own he pushes her onto her back and hovers over her. Breaking the passionate kiss for a brief moment he sees his reflection in beautiful Emerald eyes and suddenly he feels satiated, the collar around his neck buzzing lightly.

His actions become much softer, his hand carressing her hallow cheeks and he lowers his lips to hers softly before taking her completely.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: That scene of her alone at dinner surrounded by rotting food is definitely my most favorite thing ever ♥ Is anyone still here I apologize once more for being busy hahaha m(_ _)m