░ Chapter 12 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: It's been a long while hasn't it? I apologize for my absense and just leaving the story in the air but I can't write without inspiration or drive hahaha But the story has been getting many comments lately so I re-read it, I re-read Playhouse, now I have a faint spark of intrigue back so I'll try to get back into the swing of things....slowly but surely.

Let's recap shall we? Jeanne is now in the Demon Realm after putting collars on Wonshik, Jaewhan and Hyuk. She's witnessed everyone's true form, is unable to take the collars off of the Demons and now has her own room in the manor as Hakyeon is keen on figuring out what her deal is. I'm ready to start a short cross over how about you on this chapter of The PlayHouse: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play? (shutters. wow havent said that in a while hahaha)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The still darkness was disturbed as Jeanne slowly pulled her bedroom door open.

With her face faintly illuminated by the small flame of her candle at hand she took a cautious step out into the hall.

Everyone had already retired for the evening. Back to their own respective rooms much to the dismay of the Demons who wanted to remain tangled in their Mistress’ limbs.

The Emerald eyed young woman held her breath as she slowly pulled the door closed behind her, the click of the knob echoing in the silence.

She made her way to the large arc shaped window letting in the light of the blue moon. Placing her hand on the cold glass Jeanne smiled at her reflection.

Would Grandfather believe her? If she told him that she was spending a night in the domain of Demons would he have disapproved?

She sighs looking out into the dimness outside. The scenery is nothing but black shapes and eerie shadows.

She watches small flying creatures making patterns in their flight and branches sway and dance in a breeze.

Wandering around the halls she holds up the candlelight to better examine the empty frames on the wall.

Beautiful antique frames in all shapes and colors but no pictures, no portraits, no paintings, just frames hanging.

It’s a basic but beautiful kind of decoration that makes her nod her head in approval. Very modest.

She holds onto the railing as she peers down at the blackness of the spiral staircase. Her brows furrow.

She shouldn’t snoop but who wouldn’t be curious as to what else lies in the manor inhabited by creatures from Hell.

Secret dungeons? Torture chambers? She herself had a hidden basement so it’s only fair if they should have something to hide as well.

Chills run down her spine as the gargoyle figures up top seem to be watching her every move.

Wherever she went stony gray eyes followed.

They looked almost life like and for good reason as one lets out a low grumble, its rigid fingers releasing debris as it moves ever so slightly.

Jeanne nods her head in a small greeting before scurrying away, the light of her candle flickering with her movements.

The dining hall seemed smaller now that no one was seated around the tables. It was bare aside from a thin white table cloth.

Perhaps Hakyeon increases it’s size with magic to accommodate for their ‘guests.’

The image of half women draping themselves over the Demons sends a shutter through the young woman’s body.

A small creak in the floor behind her makes Jeanne gasp and whip her head around warily.

“Is someone there?”

She asks in a hushed whisper with her heart thumping in her ears.

There is no response. There is no sound. There is nothing.

Perhaps wandering around at this hour wasn’t so wise. She takes in a deep relaxing breath and turns away but at that moment her light shines on a pale face directly in front of her.

Before she can react the candle goes out leaving her blinded. She backs away with wide eyes and her head dashing in all directions.

Feeling the smooth edge of the table behind her Jeanne quickly ducks for cover and huddles her knees to her chest.

Then she hears it. Soft footsteps.

They’re slow, taunting, then stop directly in front of her. A cold sweat travels down her back as she cups her hand over and squeezes her eyes shut.

She feels a presence reach out towards her face, a hand maybe, but it vanishes.

Moments pass but nothing occurs.

A warm orange glow caresses her closed eyelids causing them to slowly open and she gasps.

She’s no longer under the table but now seated in a cushioned chair at the corner of the dining table.

A golden candle holder with 4 long white candles illuminates the dark space along with the individual sitting across from her.

She shifts uncomfortably as Taekwoon narrows his eyes at her. His hair is damp and his pale skin glistens under his ed white dress shirt.

His long slender legs are crossed over the other with his fingers doing the same under his chin.

“Ummm…….”

His eyes lower and Jeanne looks down to find a small saucer and cup in the middle of the table between them.

Though out of her reach the scent of Jasmine envelopes her senses and she releases a sigh.

The Demon’s eyes glow a dim red and the china disappear and reappear in front of her making her gasp.

“May I?”

She asks grasping the beverage between delicate fingers and Taekwoon gives a faint nod. Not taking her eyes off him Jeanne sips the tea and smiles.

“It’s delicious thank you”

The Demon says nothing and continues to observe her and she him in silence. His chest doesn’t rise and fall with his breath. Does he breathe at all?

Jeanne twiddles her thumbs in her lap at a loss, her eyelids slowly falling heavy. How do you communicate with someone who doesn’t speak?

“Did I disturb you?”

She stifles a yawn but still Taekwoon says nothing.

“Are you always awake at this hour then? Hongbin says you’re a vampire so I just assume…-yawn-…..”

Her head begins to bob, growing too heavy for her body. She can hear her own breathing even out in her ears as the candle light in front of her begins to blur until she sees nothing.

Taekwoon nods in approval as the young woman has fallen asleep in her chair.

His head slants slightly as he gets a better look at the vein of her pale neck. Caramel hair looks almost red in the light, her scent sweet and strange.

The candles extinguish themselves leaving behind darkness. The Demon’s eyes glow faintly.

He can see her heart pumping blood throughout her body making her glow in his sight. The beat is slow and he watches her for a while.

Her insides looked like any other being but how does she have a hold on his brothers? A hold so strong that it causes tension in the manor.

Taekwoon was not one to take tension lightly. He liked peace and quiet and this human was obscuring that.

He blurs over and nods an apology before lifting the girl into his arms with her head rolling and landing on his shoulder. His brows furrow.

“Smells….strange…”

He places Jeanne in her bed and pulls the covers up to just under her bosoms.

Brushing her hair to the side exposing her neck and shoulder Taekwoon lowers his head and sniffs her skin with his slender nose.

His lips part, his fangs elongating but before they can make contact there’s a soft tsk at the door.

“Please don’t do that Brother”

Jaewhan leans against the open door with crossed arms. The vampire demon narrows his eyes at the collar on his brother.

He stands from the bed and blurs to his side. Jaewhan places a hand on his shoulder and smiles.

His body glows faintly and reduces to nothing but smoke. The dark smoke floats over to Jeanne’s sleeping form and envelopes her leaving Taekwoon to close the door behind him as he left.

Jeanne continued to look past the male coven surrounding her to watch as the limousine driver worked.

Was he invisible?

A full outfit including a suit, gloves, sunglasses and a hat held the door open for her to enter the large automobile.

The floating outfit bowed respectfully as she curtsied and she couldn’t take her eyes of him..umm…her? It? Them?

She could ask one of the men about them but they all seemed rather preoccupied.

All six Demons’ eyes were closed. They were sitting up straight, stiff and unmoving in gray suits with purple under shirts that matched her own purple lace outfit.

She looked to her left and studied Wonshik’s serene face.

Considering the fright she had last night running into Taekwoon she had assumed the Berserker would’ve sensed her distress and immediately come to aid her.

She smiles.

Instead he’s the last man up, dead asleep in his room to the point Hakyeon true form had to pull a large Grizzly Wonshik across the floor because the car was waiting.

To her right Hyuk is leaning back against his seat, eyes closed and a small smile playing at his lips.

“Would it be alright to open a window? Would it disturb anyone?”

Jeanne can barely speak up. She didn’t want to disturb the quiet atmosphere but up front the chauffer heard her request and gave a small nod as the window to her right was opened a crack.

The air streaming in was so fresh and crisp it makes her skin tingle. The sun is warm, inviting, and the passing greenery is almost as vibrant as her eyes.

With a hum she looks down, the wind whipping up her hair softly.

Her hand is on Hyuk’s thigh palm up. His leather covered hand draws little delicate circles and tickles her skin. Her heart flutters from his gentleness.

His fingers walk up her arm as if a little man then he playfully makes them fall as if the man had fell down his hike making Jeanne giggle.

She covers quickly as Hyuk places a finger over his smiling lips, his eyes still closed.

Emerald eyes wander around to make sure she disturbed no one and she’s taken by surprise as the youngest Demon places his lips against her temple and grins.

Their fingers intertwine and he gives her hand a gentle squeeze.

She is stunned to silence, her expression unfeeling.

“You don’t look very surprised Pet”

Hakyeon thanks the chauffer for his services then takes his place next to Jeanne and the others at the Castle entrance.

She wasn’t surprised at all, in fact, Jeanne felt complete wonder. She has this sense that she’s been here before and she has many times in her dreams as a child.

The castle where the man with green eyes lived with many women. Jaewhan smiles and narrows his gaze on her, his faint gasp grabbing everyone’s attention.

“Have you already been here before Mistress? You seem to have thoughts of it in your head”
“Why are you in my head Jaewhan?”
“Hahaha because you seem speechless I was so curious to know why. My apologies”

He bows slightly, grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles. The sight makes Hakyeon roll his eyes and Taekwoon wanting out of the sun began walking ahead.

They tell her a friend of theirs lives in the castle.

He’s not ruler of the land but a ruler of a small society and practice that he created long ago that now many different realms practice.

“Like a religion?”

Her question makes the men surrounding her laugh and shake their heads. Demons and religion? Don’t be silly Jeanne.

She stops walking and admires a young woman from a far around her age.

Her raven hair is long and beautiful reaching down to her back, accented by a blue bow. Her flawless skin shines in the sun light tinting pink at her cheeks.

The girl’s head is looking around frantically and when she looks in their direction Jeanne freezes as Emerald eyes look into a beautiful vibrant purple.


“I’ve never met anyone with purple eyes before….”

She becomes breathless from the girl’s beauty but soon horror glazes over the other’s purple eyes and they begin to glow blue.

The castle doors behind her are demolished as a large black figure breaks through. It roars with such ferocity the ground shakes.

Jeanne loses her footing and is caught by Hyuk before she falls to the ground, the beast in front of them now sprinting towards the group.

It looks like a colossal bull made of molten rocks. It’s body glows blue as it locks on her and it’s mace like tail is swinging around uncontrollably.

“What is he doing?”
“I think he’s coming to say hello? We haven‘t seen each other in a while right?”
“Charging at us with his horns and fangs bared as a hello? Really Hongbin, honestly.”

The Demons discuss amongst themselves calmly as panic sets into Jeanne. Are they not witnessing the giant monster stampeding towards them?!

Wonshik looks from Jeanne to the beast and in a split second Demon Wonshik is phased to true form grabbing the bull by it’s horns.

The impact whips up a gust of wind that has everyone covering their eyes. Jeanne watches in horror as the black beast flips Wonshik onto his back close to impaling him.

“PLEASE DON’T HURT HIM!”

She cries out and the Bull glows blue and freezes. Surprising it sits back on it’s hind legs and Jeanne sighs in relief as Wonshik stands dusting himself off and returning to her side.

The raven haired girl is at the monster’s side holding onto it’s rocky forearm with curiosity on her face.

“Wonshik you should stop letting Matthew think he’s winning. He’ll never learn that way.”

Hakyeon walks out in front and bows at the girl and in turn she curtsies.

Grizzly Wonshik lets out a hardy laugh that causes the bull in front to grumble and the two revert back to normal making Jeanne gasp.

The large Rock Bull Demon is actually just a little boy no older than the age of eight.

He has dark hair and fair skin, a lean body and sharp facial features that make him very handsome.

He’s dressed impeccably in a dress shirt and vest. As he wraps his arms around the young woman’s waist by his side his eyes glow blue.

Taekwoon walks over and pats the young boy’s head making the younger smile revealing perfect teeth and fangs.

“Long time so see”

Jeanne is surprised. It’s the first she’s heard the vampire Demon speak. His voice is soft but full of joy.

Matthew nods at the older man excitedly then brings a glare to Jeanne.

“You scared my Mother. Leave.”
“Pardon?”
“Hush now”

Jaewhan slips an arm around Jeanne and urges her to approach the two. Upon closer inspection she sees a faint tattoo on the side of the girl’s neck.

The purple eyed girl smiles and bows an apology.

“I’m so sorry if my son scared you. It’s just your eyes remind me of someone from long ago, bad experiences, and he sensed my fright. I’m Chrysalis Tuan and this is my son Matthew it’s very nice to meet you.”

She holds out a hand and the Emerald eyed girl is in awe as she shakes it with her own.

“Dad!”

Matthew cheers, his mace like demon tail erupting from behind him. It’s wagging happily, swiping at Jeanne’s feet making her fall as he runs by her.

Jeanne looks over her shoulder and stills. Two beautiful men are approaching in fine tailored black suits.

One has a regal air about him, his cat eyes turning into crescents as he waves in this direction.

Matthew hugs the legs of the other handsome man holding a little girl about a year old. She has short raven hair, purple eyes, and is dawning a blue frilly dress.

As the baby sees the young boy she reaches for him with a toothless smile.

The young man kisses the girl then hands her over to Matthew who is no doubly his son, the resemblance is striking.

Matthew seems to be telling his Father about Jeanne scaring his mother because his little body explodes in frustrated gestures making his little sister in his arms coo and giggle.

The man blurs over to Chrysalis’ side and kisses the top of her head. Matthew blurs over and holds onto his Father’s pants leg.

Admiring the family Jeanne jumps as she comes face to chest with the regal man.

“So this is the human who’s been causing you trouble hmmm Hakyeon?”

Afraid Jeanne looks around and is surprised that her Coven of Demons are not beside her and are instead behind her at a distance watching with smirks.

She looks back up and sees her reflection in glowing green eyes. The King of the Castle.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Author Note: -is too busy playing with Baby Tuans-