░ Chapter 16 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: Author-nim has no internet. She feels like she’s talking to herself now @_@
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The chill of the night air had Jeanne’s hands clench a little tighter around Wonshik’s neck as they blurred up the country side.

The wind whistled in her ears as she kept her face tucked into the Demon’s chest listening to his gentle heartbeat.

Their evening played over and over again in her head causing her to be that much more aware of the man holding her fragile body in his capable arms.

The way his muscles under a well cut suit curled around her, his fingers softly sinking into her skin making her feel safe.

“Wonshik may I ask what’s wrong that we had to abandon our evening?”

Her voice sounded so small. She thought he probably wouldn’t be able to hear her but his hushed amused chuckle told her other wise.

“You sound disheartened Jeanne haha. Were you enjoying spending time with me that much?”

His low rumble of a voice was teasing and beautiful.

Jeanne’s face heats up and she thanks the cloak of darkness from the night that the Demon cannot see her embarrassed expression.

Feeling rather than seeing his Mistress’ feelings Wonshik holds her that much tighter to him and lays a soft kiss upon her hair.

Upon arriving at the gallery gates Jeanne shrieks in Wonshik’s arms as silver lightning crashes down from the sky and strikes the roof igniting it in a blistering flame.

A roaring blaze that lit it’s surroundings in a hellish red glow along with the forest surrounding it the Demetrus felt tears prick her eyes. Not again.

An explosion brings about a cloud of black and from the smoke two figures are seen soaring in the sky gracefully dodging the strikes of electricity raining from the Heavens.

One being is Hongbin. Fully phased his ebony wings reflect the crackling embers under him as he points a thin carbon saber at his foe with a sinister smirk, beckoning them to come forward.

“Is that…..”

Jeanne’s hand covers and she is speechless. Across Hongbin is the Angel from Jaebeom’s castle, Alarus.
Her icy glare upon her exit flashes in her mind. Why would she be here?

She’s glowing in a white light with her own titanium saber pointed at the Fallen Angel and her face is composed and void of emotion.

From the first floor a slender body is thrown out the stained glass window followed by Hakyeon’s large spiked Titan body breaking through the structure brusquely.

The flustered Celestial Being fumbles to his feet, sword at hand and lunges at Hakyeon but he stills mid step.

His eyes glaze over black as Nightmare Jaewhan invades his psyche and causes him to see things that are not really there.

Hakyeon smirks with rows of razor sharp teeth gleaming and snorts as his foe slices the air at invisible foes. Jaewhan’s amused laughter rings through the air.

Wonshik’s eyes narrow quickly and he becomes air born holding Jeanne to his chest as he dodges the blade of another Celestial Being from behind.

“What’s going on!?”

She cries. Wonshik’s body erupts in fur and muscle, his muzzled mouth letting out a warning roar as he swipes away the glowing man with his ragged claws.

Hakyeon told Jeanne Celestial Beings were peaceful and that different realms stayed away from each other. Why is her gallery suddenly a battle field?!

Alarus eyes Jeanne in the Berserker’s hand and kamikazes towards her but she lets out a gasp as Dracula like Taekwoon emerges from the smoke and clutches at her with his talons.

An eerie cackle echoes in the air followed by the sound of cracking bones that came from none other than the Reaper Demon Hyuk.

A group of Celestial Beings escape through the front door with alerted eyes as they are cautious of the skeleton taunting them with fleshless hands of death.

Sanghyuk spots his Mistress and lets out another spine tingling cackle with his jaw bone chattering.

“Welcome home Mistress”

All silver eyes land on the Emerald eyed girl and the beings become more aggressive and lunge.

“DESTROY HER!”

The female ring leader commands, blood sputtering out of as Taekwoon screeches and digs his talons into her flesh.

Jeanne feels ill. The Angels are all in death’s grips by the Demon Coven. She closes her eyes and covers her ears.

DON’T HURT THEM

The mental command reaches the collared Demons first who immediately seize their assault but keep their foes trapped in their grasps.

Hakyeon, Taekwoon, and Hongbin are confused by the sudden calm but reluctantly follow suit and refrain from delivering a final blow.

Hongbin lands and takes the Head Angel by the arm and drags her towards Jeanne and Wonshik who crouches ready to spring at any moment.

The Demetrus girl is breathing heavily and is saddened by the sight in front of her. The beautiful being was tainted by wounds and gashes.

Pale skin abused with purple bruises but as their eyes meet there is so much distain and hate it sends a shiver down Jeanne’s spine.

The Fallen Angel throws the woman to the ground and keeps her pinned under his foot with a grin.

“As you are aware this is the woman of the house. The one you’ve come to annihilate and the one who has spared your pathetic lives.”

Hongbin digs his heel into the flesh of Alarus’ back making her groan but she does not break eye contact with Jeanne.

“You are a monster! An abomination to the Lord! Your existence means death to us all!”

The Angel screams hoping her words turn to daggers that murder the young woman in front of her.

She struggles to look over her shoulder and continues her verbal assault.

“And you! You useless traitor! This is all your fault! You were supposed to dispose of her when she was still a child! NOW ITS TOO LATE!”

Hongbin kneels and grabs the Angel’s chin searching her face before his lips curl over fangs in a dark smile.

“I haven’t the slightest idea of what you’re spouting but I do enjoy a good story”

Out of the corner of Jeanne’s eye she sees a Celestial Being ready to make a run for it.

Her eyes glaze over and immediately Sanghyuk has the being by the neck, tsk-ing as the life begins to drain from their face.

Jeanne’s hand twitches causing Sanghyuk to tighten his grip. She’s controlling him.

There is a dark power coursing through her, a sudden distain for the Holy beings fogging her conscious.

“Jeanne?”

Wonshik grumbles worriedly; not liking the sudden aura shrouding Jeanne.

The young woman gasps as if snapping out of a trance and as she falls to the ground Sanghyuk’s hold releases on the Angel.

“It’s already begun….”

The Angel whispers under Hongbin. Hakyeon scoffs in annoyance.

“Jaewhan search her head. I want to know exactly what’s going on.”
“Gladly.”

But before Jaewhan can do his bidding the Alarus knocks Hongbin to the ground and gives Jeanne one last glare before hissing “Death to the Devil” and snapping her own neck causing her to vanish into fading sparks of light.

“Well…that was interesting”

You would think the young woman would be used to the destruction and mayhem that followed having a coven of Demons as acquaintances but it seemed all this destruction and mayhem was because of her.

Sanghyuk settled Jeanne on the slightly singed couch with his suit jacket under her, Jaewhan blurring from the kitchen and fruitlessly handing her a cup of tea which she politely and wordlessly declined.

The young woman stared at the now clear starry sky through the crater of the gallery roof then dropped her gaze to the shattered chandelier coating the floor with shards of glass and broken dreams.

“!”

Eyes followed as Wonshik grabbed Hongbin by the throat with a strong hand and pinned him against the wall with a snarl.

“Tell me what you know!”

Everyone tensed. Alarus seemed to have known of Hongbin’s past but would rather die than reveal the truth.

Her lackies knew nothing of the information they seek, only following Alarus under the rouse that they were suppose to investigate a happening, not get into a blood bath with a coven of Demons.

Jaewhan cleared their memory and threw them into the portal in the forest securing theirs and Jeanne’s safety, for now.

The whimsical Hongbin could only offer a small smile and a shrugged of his shoulders.

“I am at a lost too Brother. I remember nothing of my life before I found myself wandering the dark forest with carbon wings, cast away from Holy eyes”

“I…this”

Taekwoon grumbled softly with crossed arms. Hakyeon turned to the other with an arched brow.

“What was that Taekwoon?”
“I…did not sign up for this”

His gentle voice said with steely resolve. The normally peaceful blood lust Demon was not used to unnecessary combat nor did he enjoy it. Too troublesome.

“I did not sign up to fight a battle against Celestial Beings for some unknown reason that does not directly concern me.”

He said much louder this time causing Jeanne to raise her Emerald gaze to him. She looked at all the Demons surrounding her.

This was not her fight either! She did not know what she did to cause beings she never thought truly existed to suddenly wreck havoc on her once normal life!

She wanted to scream, to cry, to run away, to run into someone’s arms and be comforted but she was still frozen from the shock of the battle.

Slender feminine shoulders finally relaxed as Jaewhan slid in the seat beside her. Humming a peaceful melody and kissing her hair.

“You did nothing wrong Mistress shhhhh. Everything will be alright just trust us.”

He whispers calmly but Jeanne can’t bring herself to believe him. She sees what she has done.

She sees the rift between the collared brothers and the rest of their coven. Hakyeon watches the crest fallen Human and sighs, rubbing his thumb and pointer finger against tired eyes.

“Taekwoon Brother is right. We did not volunteer to be the Pet’s….pets. We should leave now. Leave while the Celestial beings are still clueless to Jeanne’s existence. Leave while the human still has a chance to live a normal life.”

Hyuk clenches his fists and shakes his head.

“Hakyeon I respect you and think highly of you but I cannot just leave Jeanne and pretend nothing is happening. Her Grandfather knew of our World. It’s even stated in his last letter, maybe our life is what ‘normal’ is for her.”
“Are you actually humoring the thought that the Human may not actually be a human Hyuk? Have you gone mad? Look at her! Fragile! Weak! A nuisance! Nothing but trouble the moment she’s arrived!”

Wonshik roars and tackles Hakyeon to the ground, pinning him. Both snarling with glistening fangs and aggression in their glowing eyes.

The agile Demon maneuvers in a manner rarely seen and he is now the one hovering over Wonshik with both hands wound tightly around the other’s neck.

“I see your allegiance lies else where now. You traitors may all stay with the human now but I am taking MY coven, the coven I’ve sworn MY life to protect, the ones who swore their devotion to ME, and bringing them home where they belong.”

“Please don’t.”

Jeanne’s plea is a shaky sob. She gently ushers herself out of Jaewhan’s embrace and stands on wobbly legs mustering her courage to address the brooding coven leader.

“Don’t leave. Don’t divide yourselves because of me. I agree. I think it’s a good idea if you take Wonshik, Sanghyuk and Jaewhan with you-”
“Mistress!”
“Please let me finish. I think it’s a good idea but it’s an idea I cannot stand behind. I was lost without you all but now you’ve all come into my lonely life and made things…well more chaotic I admit hahaha You say I’ve s my way into your lives but it is you all who’ve s your way into mine. Coiled yourselves around me so tightly with no chance to escape, but I wouldn’t want to. You are all the sweetest sin.”

Jaewhan stands and hugs Jeanne from behind, planting a hot kiss against her shoulder.

Sanghyuk grabs his coat from the couch and slings it over his shoulder as he polishes the collar around his neck with a grin.

Wonshik sighs and reluctantly lets Hakyeon up to join Hongbin and Taekwoon. The Berserker flashes Jeanne a teasing handsome smile.

The young woman covers the Demon’s hands around her with her own and sighs.

“I’ve heard this voice in my head since I was very young. A dream being, almost an imaginary Guardian of sorts. They speak gentle words to me and recently they’ve told me that ‘they’ve found me’ which I can only assume means the Celestial Beings. I was told I have no other choice but to trust you all to protect me.”

Taekwoon narrows his eyes.

“Us? Protect you? Now why would we do that?”
“No Brother I don’t think she’s mental”
“Stay out of my head Jaewhan”
“I’m just saying. It would make sense. A being that truly exists in her psyche that has kept me out of Jeanne’s head? A Human so adapted to the unknown with a Guardian warning her of the Demon Realm? Hongbin and Jeanne having a past? I know Hakyeon does not believe in coincidences”

“You know what I believe in? A nice hot dinner with a warm relaxing bath following it. Perhaps with a large glass of wine to calm our nerves and to help us take in everything that’s come to light~”

Hongbin proclaims as he drapes himself over Hakyeon’s shoulder, tugging on the corners of the leader’s face to try to lighten his foul mood.

Jaewhan and Hyuk groan in protest as Hongbin blurs in between them and snakes an arm around Jeanne’s waist.

“We should all go home.”

He beams a white smile at her making her lower her head shyly.

“Lunatics. Lunatics each and every one of you.”

Hakyeon curses in defeat before blurring out of the gallery and towards the forest followed by Taekwoon and Hyuk.

Wonshik approaches his Mistress but Jaewhan catches his shoulder and softly shakes his head.

Jeanne watches as Wonshik glares momentarily at Hongbin before blurring away with Jaewhan leaving her alone with the fallen Angel.

“How bout a little treat Pet?”

Hongbin snickers before wrapping himself around Jeanne, his ebony wings bursting out from his back and taking flight right out of the disheveled roof.

Jeanne shrieks as they soar higher and higher into the sky, the colder the air becoming as the ground below fades away.

“But! But! My gallery is in ruin! We can not just leave it as is!”
“Your lackies will send a Cleaner do not fret Jeanne.”
“AHHHHH!”

Her screams are music to his ears as Hongbin retracts his wings and they free fall back to Earth at an amazing speed.

She can not fight against the blistering winds keeping her head against the Demon’s chest but before they can collide with the soil Hongbin’s wings re-emerge twirling the couple around and lifting them back into the sky.

Hongbin cradles the shaking human with a handsome smile.

“I’m done teasing Jeanne. Open your eyes you’re missing a beautiful view. There they are~ Those precious eyes~”

Reluctantly she does as the Demon commands and she finds herself face to face with Hongbin underneath her with exposed dimples and fangs.

They’re soaring. She lifts her head and sees a blanket of diamonds scattered across onyx skies and down below are rolling pastures.

Shakily she reaches out and the Fallen Angel’s wings. They’re so soft.

“Hahahaha~”
“My apologies does that tickle?”
“Not at all but it seemed like a suitable reaction. Oh your expression was priceless.”

She pouts at the man’s teasing which only causes him to more.

“On a magic carpet ride~ A whole new world~”

He sings jokingly and at this Jeanne laughs brightly, her eyes narrowing into crescents.

“That’s better. A smile worthy to be captured and cherished in a photo forever.”
“But a smile not as dazzling as your own Hongbin”
“I beg to differ Jeanne”

Softly Hongbin brushes Jeanne’s hair from her face and tucks it behind her ear.

He gazes deeply into Emerald eyes expecting to see the reflection of his Angel self again like the first time but he is surprised when he sees…himself.

He sees his dark hair, his content eyes and smile while looking up at this Human. He has no soul. He should not be seeing what he is.

“Hongbin?”
“You…are a strange creature Jeanne Demetrus.”

He voiced the words that echoed in his head from an unknown entity and retrieved the collar in his back pocket he had swindled from Hakyeon when he playfully draped himself around him.

He lifts his head, placing a soft subtle kiss against her chin and hands her the leather ring. Jeanne eyes it warily.

“Hakyeon would not be pleased…..”
“Which is even more reason to do it Jeanne”

Parting lips he ventures down her neck biting her flesh gently making her gasp.

“You…are positively evil Hongbin. But under that trickery, deception and façade, you still have a good heart.”

Hongbin hums from her words, his body tingling as she slips the infamous collar around his neck and it snaps close with a gleam.

You are but what you choose to be

The words echo like bells in Hongbin’s head as he caresses Jeanne’s face and pulls her lips to his.

His chest explodes in warmth the deeper and deeper he ventures in this new feeling that is Jeanne.

His tongue dances lightly across her bottom lip making her shiver. He grins.

“You forget amongst all that I am also wicked Mistress. Oh the things I’d love to do to you if you’d allow me to.”

How did she end up in this situation?

Her racing thoughts were a stark contrast to the relaxed state her body was in while she soaked in this unnaturally large hot spring that was unnaturally placed on the roof of the Demon manor. Magic was amazing.

She did not know at this point if she was shielding her eyes to keep herself from seeing the men she was bathing with in her own state or to hide from Hakyeon’s disapproving glare from her having collared yet another one of her brethren.

“Oh Jeanne~ Peekaboo~”

Jaewhan teased lightly as he tugged at her hands exposing shy Emerald eyes and kissing her nose swiftly.

She couldn’t help as they raked themselves down the Demon’s torso gleaming from droplets back up to the handsome face smiling at her with damp disheveled hair.

She shrunk deeper under the cloudy steaming water as she looked around at the other perfect chiseled beings leaning against the stony edges of the pool alight from the blue moon.

Hakyeon’s eyes were as peaceful as they’d get in this situation. Closed.

He swirled his wine his glass as a gargoyle from the foyer massaged his shoulders causing him to release groans as it hit every single knot of stress caused by none other than the Human the Coven claimed as their own.

Taekwoon’s muscular back and shoulders were on full display as he played with a stray cat that wandered this way.

The precious smile he had while playing with the small creature was a wonder to behold.

Hyuk swam over handing Jeanne another glass of wine which she should have declined considering how foggy her head was getting but mischievous Hongbin refused to let the chance go to have his Mistress at her most vulnerable.

“So….if Wonshik is your boyfriend what would that make the rest of us? May I be the husband then?”
“Wait. When did she say Wonshik was her boyfriend?!”
“While they had their evening away~ Relax Hyukkie your bones are showing~ Perhaps you should be the puppy woof woof~”
“BUT! BUT!”
“Jaewhan I would appreciate if you would warn me before probing around inside of my head”
“Do I really have to? There’s nothing to hide~ No secrets that need to be kept~ Besides if I stayed out of your head I wouldn’t get to see the beautiful alcohol induced tantalizing sensual fantasies you’re having about us right now~”
“I am not!-”
“Awww her face is red~ Come Jeanne share those fantasies with the rest of us~ We can probably make your wishes come true~ In fact I’d love nothing more~”

Hongbin smirks devilishly as he grabs Jeanne’s hand in his and pulls it under the water against his flesh making Jeanne blush feverishly.

Wonshik chuckles pulling Jeanne’s body on top of his so her back is to his chest and he bites gently on her lobe making her squirm against his lower body in all the right ways.

“We’re Demons not Genies”

Hyuk jokes light heartedly as he comes in front of Jeanne, lowering his head to steal his own sweet kiss from even sweeter lips.

Jaewhan blurs out of the hot water and returns in a silk robe with a towel in his hands. His eyes darken immensely as he catches his Brothers’ lust filled fervent expressions.

“And as Demons the adultery that is about to commence is completely justified. Come Jeanne I do hope you can keep pace. It’s a long night and you have many lovers who are determined to express just how ’excited’ they are to have you here”

Hakyeon sighs deeply as the pool is now quiet and all the commotion has moved to inside the manor.

“What do you think is going to happen to us now Taekwoon?”

He opens a single eye but the Coven Leader is completely ignored by his Brother who is petting the small army of kitty vermin that have gathered.

Un-amused Hakyeon sinks lower and lower till he is completely submerged under the water so his screams of frustration are silenced and replaced with bubbles.

I am the Coven Leader damn it all! I will be respected! Curse you Jeanne Noir Demetrus!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Yay internet's back I can finally update this xD Reader-nim requested a bit more Hongbin so I added a bit more Hongbin ♥ Hongbin and unhappy Hakyeon-sshi~ Hello new subscribers how are you~