░ Chapter 1 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: I meant to get started on this yesterday but writing The Perfect Three chapter ended up longer than expected haha 40 subscribers already and all I wrote was an excerpt, you're silly billies~ Are you from the other Playhouse? Or just a VIXX fan that stumbled upon my story \(^__^)/?♥ I appreciate you all both ways so thanks so much! Now we're at the beginning of our story, before we meet the VIXX Demons, before we meet the Angels, now we can meet the emerald eyed Jeanne Noir Demetrus or as Jaewhan called her "Nono."

What can you expect from this story? As always Author-nim's madness. I hope we all get along and have a good time on this journey that is The Playhouse: Dark Knights and Angels, shall we play? m(_ _)m

Rated T for teens. Includes fantasy violence, suggestive themes, language, ual content, gore, and probably along the way way too much fluff ♥ Reader discretion is advised
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Jeanne? Jeanne......where has that child run off to this time......"

The elderly man chuckled and shook his head as he closed the door to another empty room. He removed his thin wire glasses from his wrinkled face. His reflection stared back at him with furrowed white brows.

He was dressed in a freshly ironed white button down dress shirt, his posh vest a deep plum color with golden designs along the ribs. Tailored black slacks with a thin silver chain hanging from his hip, attached to the pocket watch in his pocket.

Thick hair white as snow that matched his thick mustache and beard was slicked back and piercing Emerald eyes became faded as his breath fogged up the glass to clean it.

His gaze wandered up and down the walls of the gallery looking for the little girl. Along the way he aligned frames and dusted statues with pride. The few staff dressed in matching uniforms have not seen whom he was seeking either and he let out a gentle laugh.

"Ah Jeanne there you are"
"Shhhhh"

The man entering the main hall stilled as the little girl commanded and he smiled, old eyes crinkling at the corners. The young girl of the tender age of six was laying on the sea glass floor with her ear to the ground.

Caramel light brown hair in tight curls fell around her shoulders. Pale skin with youthful pink cheeks and Emerald eyes that matched the intensity of the color of her silk dress with the many layers of frill, ribbon, and puffy sleeves .

With white thick stockings under her shiny black shoes the young girl looked like a Doll that had fallen from her shelf. Her vibrant gaze met his own, full of curiousity and light.

"Don't you hear them Grandfather?"

She asks in a whisper. The man joins her under the shimmering light of the crystal chandelier and struggles to accompany her on the ground. He places his ear to the floor, snuggling his nose to hers making her smile.

"What do you hear Jeanne?"

The little girl places a small finger on her pink lips as she listens intently.

"Do you not hear their voices murmuring Grandfather?"
"Their? Is there more than one?"
"I think so. I can hear them breathing."
"Who Jeanne?"
"I don't know."

The little girl's face was truely puzzled and Grandfather Joseph smiled. It was not the first time he had caught little Jeanne like this. The first time it had happened the staff informed him immediately and when he questioned her actions the little one replied she heard voices whispering from down below.

"Is there anything down there Grandfather?"
"Nothing at all my Dear."

Did he believe it was just the little girl's imagination? Of course not. The old man regularly told little Jeanne stories of far of places, different realms, magic, good and evil, Angels and Demons for it was his Profession.

He told stories through his art work. Painting scenes of celestial beings, the darkest pits of Hell, serene gardens with wild flowers and strikingly beautiful individuals that were so perfect they could only exist on a canvas or marble.

"Do you think I've gone mad Grandfather?"
"Not at all my child. As I always tell you, believe in the unbelievable. It'll make the world that much more beautiful if you just accept things as they are."

The giant clock on the wall ticked by steadily as the two laid on the floor in silence. Finally Jeanne sat up and helped her Grandfather to his feet. The two walked out of the large room hand in hand with the little Emerald eyed girl looking back over her shoulder.

"Did they say anything to you this time Jeanne?"

The little girl shook her head while squeezing his wrinkled hand.

"Did you ever think maybe they're also listening to you?"
"Huh? No. I've never thought about that."
"Have you tried to speak to them?"
"-shakes head- mmm-mmm."
"Maybe they're waiting for you"
"What would I say?"
"Well Hello for starters hahaha"

The two laughed as Joseph opened the large white double doors leading to the studio room. Completely white walls with a tan wooden floor and no source of light other than the sun shining in through the glass doors with a view of the forest out back.

Canvases were scattered everywhere, eilsels, paint brushes and other tools covered the floors. Large elegant frames piled against the walls and the two sighed blissfully taking in the smell of paint and creativity.

"You know Jeanne if your Grandmother were still with us she'd scold me constantly for my mess"

Joseph mused as he stood behind Jeanne who was standing on a small stool so she could reach her canvas. With a sleek brush in one hand, a tray of colors in the other and paint on her cheeks the little girl smiled brightly as she painted the scenery outside.

His Granddaughter had inherited his love and talent for the arts. If he didn't know any better she could have been a child prodigy. Painting everything around her from the doors to the forests, her talent was undeniable.

He stored her collection away in his room. In love with every single piece almost as much as he loved her. In this world all people care about is money. If others found out a child had painted such master pieces they would want to exploit her for greed and he would never allow that.

Painting is from the soul. Windows into unknown places, worth more than a thousand words, it's a form of love, a form of life.

"Do you think Mother and Father would scold me for being messy as well?"

She asked curiously, turning to him so he could see the globs of paint she had spilt on herself. He laughs and smiles fondly of the memory of his only son. The two were stolen too early from this world leaving behind a beautiful baby girl in his care.

Joseph was alone, his wife having passed away from illness long ago and now his own child was gone as well. Until Jeanne came into his life his world was dark and gray but seeing his own Emerald eyes in her gave him new hope, the same Emerald eyes her father had before her.

"Little one I believe they'd be too proud of you to care about your state. What's this?"

He points to a large tree in the forest that does not exist outside and her eyes twinkle.

"It's a talking tree!"
"My word! Really? What does he say?"
"He guards the forests! He won't let bad people in and he has these vines....."

Joseph laughs as the young girl pokes his chest.

"that can see into your soul and deem you worthy or not!"
"That's quite a tale my Love! Where ever did you come up with it?"
"I saw it in a dream!"

She beams excitedly then returns to her task at hand highlighting the areas drenched in sunlight with white paint. It's not the first time Jeanne has painted something she had seen in her dreams.

This talking tree that protects the forest, a castle surrounded by walls that housed a man with many women, a village lit by floating orbs of light, nothing you would see around here in this lifetime.

His brows furrowed. Not only would she have vivid dreams of these fantasy places but she'd also have terrible dreams of monsters, especially of one made of bones. She'd wake up screaming for him in the room next door and he'd come rushing in, the poor girl crying and her night gown drenched in sweat.

"Have you dreamt about...him recently?"

Joseph asks placing a small kiss on the girl's shoulder and she shakes her head. Him, referring to a being she claims to have talked to her in her dreams. In the pit of darkness where she sat in the center a voice would speak to her.

Always constantly asking about her, never revealing anything about itself, and the girl somehow found comfort in this dream being. If anyone else knew the inner workings of this child's mind they would surely lock her away and never let her see the light of day.

The girl places her tools down after signing her piece with clumsy script and the two beam proudly at it. The sun was setting causing the room to glow in a warm orange.

The two lived a wonderful life. Surrounded by the beauty of art and unconditional love, they thought this would continue until the end of time, but the world wasn't always as beautiful as they saw it to be.

"Why is this Young Lady always running off hahaha"

The elderly gentleman aged even more with time slowly made his way around the halls of their home, their art museum. His weakening knees were slighty bent, his arms held behind his slightly slouching back as his tired eyes looked around, still a vibrant emerald color.

"Jeanne it's time for supper, where have you gone off to?"

The man panics as the 16 year old girl is not at her usual spot with her ear to the sea glass floor in the main hall. Whispers echo in his head making him wince and he finds himself walking deeper into the gallery.

"Sweet Heavens above Jeanne!"

With his strong heart pumping energy into his veins Joseph galloped over to Jeanne's body where she laid past out in front of the ruby red curtain. He held her up, brushing her dark wavy hair out of her face and he gasped.

Her lips were blue, her body cold and her breathing barely present. Taking one last look at the red curtain the staff gasped as Joseph carried Jeanne's limp body to the double doors yelling for an ambulence.

The old man waited impatiently outside of the hospital room with the four other members of his "family," the workers. The individuals were drenched with concern, their brows furrowed as they paced up and down the hall.

As the door opened and the Doctor exited Joseph's eyes lost their light as the man explained that Jeanne had developed a heart condition and her chances looked bleak.

"I'm sorry there's nothing we can do"

Joseph entered Jeanne's room, the sound of the machine's keeping her alive echoing eeriely in his soul. He takes a seat beside her and grabs her pale, cold hand in his and gives it a strong squeeze as he cries, hot tears staining the white hospital sheets.

His days become dark, his will to paint, his will to live dwindling by a thin line on a heart monitor. She was so young, it was too soon. In his dreams he lashed out. Tearing art pieces apart, shattering marble statues with his hands, cursing everything because he couldn't bring himself to do it in real life.

Time stood still in their old home. Staff kept everything neat and kept but the atmosphere was not the same without the Demetrus. 

"You can't do this Sir!"
"I have made up my mind"
"There must be another way! This is madness!"
"I thank you all for your loyalty through these years....."

Dressed in all black, his eyes a void Joseph stands near the doors of the gallery addressing his paling staff. There's a knock and as the entrance opens the staff cower.

A slim individual with skin as white as death bowed. Dressed in all black as well and white gloves, the man tipped his fedora and smirked up sinisterly. His eyes were so sharp they almost seemed animal like.

"Are you ready to go Joseph Demetrus?"
"Goodbye all."

The two individuals disappear into the night.


Where am I...

Jeanne wandered around aimlessly in the darkness. Her eyes drooped as her body became heavier and heavier making her steps stop.

So tired....

She dropped to her knees. head rolling forward with no energy to go on.

Pretty Girl

Her eyes fluttered open weakly from the familiar voice.

Precious Girl
It's you
What happened to you child?
I.....I don't remember. One moment I was in the gallery, following whispers then I saw nothing.
You must pick yourself up child
I...I can't....my chest hurts.....I can't breathe

Silence.

Get on your feet, my Child. You are too great to be beat by such mortal circumstances.
Mortal...? Who are you?
Jeanne, my child, awaken.


Jeanne's eyes slowly fluttered open, completely unaware of their current state. The empty room was blurry and bright and it took her a moment to realize she was in her own bed.

Her body felt heavy, like it was sinking. Her cream night gown had somehow felt much looser than when she wore it last night. Slowly moving her head to the window she was shocked to find it was the dead of night.

Blinking her burning eyes a few time she was not mistaken. The room looked so bright, as if it were illuminated by light straight from the sun but in actuallity it was just the light of the full moon.

"Give it a moment Love, it'll pass"

An eerie voice spoke from the shadows making the hair on the back of Jeanne's neck stand alertly. Turning her head once more she coward under her blanket as a pale older man who looked like he dug himself out of a grave grinned at her, smile sinister and shimmering with sharp teeth.

She could hear a banging in her head, the closer the man approached the louder it became. It sounded like...heart beats. Her nose curled in disgust, smelling something so foul and putrid she could have vomitted if her body had the strength.

"Sorry Love, that smell was my dinner."

He chuckles evilly, wiping dark crusted maroon from his lips. The thumping in her head is still going strong making her wince uncomfortably.

"That too shall pass. This is incredible!"

The man kneels at her bedside making her whimper.

"Where....Where's my Grand Father?"

She looks into the man's eyes but sees no reflection, just a dark void but the man sees her eyes just fine. Pitch black with a symbol as her pupils he was in awe. He points to an envelope on her night stand that is strangely dusty considering it was just cleaned the night before.

There's a moment of silence and the thumping in her head finally silences, the true darkness of the room enveloping her senses as the light fades and the man nods as her black eyes fade back to Emerald.

He stands up tall, adjusting her pillows before heading for the door. He bows.

"All will be answered by that envelope Love. My job here is done and I shall now take my leave. My word I would have never believed what I have seen if I haven't been the one experiencing it!"

She flinches as he cackles maniacally and he gazes at her as if she were truely a living mystery.

"Pardon the mess. I shall clean it soon. Demons will be Demons."
"Demons?"
"Oops. Slip of the tongue. Well Ms.Demetrus may we never cross paths again. Again I apologize for what I've done, Mr.Demetrus certainly would not approve but I could not help myself. It's in my nature."

He says darkly before exiting into the darkness outside of her door. After a moment Jeanne finds herself and flips on her desk lamp. The envelope is smooth and cream colored, her name printed neatly and she immediately recognized her Grand Father's hand writing and his wax seal.

Dear Jeanne, my Love,

This world we live in...is such a strange and fascinating place. Capable of bringing creativity, hope, light, happiness and also the darkest despair no one can imagine. Would you believe me if I were to tell you this is not truely your world? I wish I could've been with you longer, to show you what I mean but alas I fear I am no longer of this Earth. My Love you were dying, you were going to leave me alone and I could not bear that thought. The thought of me, at my tender age to go on without you who would've been taken while you were still a fetus in a sense.

There is no life without you Jeanne. So I have committed the ultimate sacrifice. I have given you my heart. It is true the moment you came into my life you stole it from me, or was it I who willingly gave it up to you but now I mean this in the most literal sense. Giving up my life so you can live yours, I regret nothing.

Do not cry my child for I am always with you. I live through you. Please continue to live and see this beautiful world through your eyes, the way only you can see it. Keep our home safe, keep painting, keep the beauty alive.

You are truely one of kind Jeanne Noir Demetrus and I was so blessed to know you. But heed my warning child. Do not venture into the wood. Do not trust anyone who may have ventured out of the wood. If you have a sense of uneasiness about anyone, do not trust them. Continue to live life as you have and always love, for your love is what sets you apart from anyone else. I love you so much.

Joseph Demetrus


"NOOOOO!!!!"

Jeanne screamed clutching at her chest and she gasped. Pulling down her night gown she placed her hand over to muffle her sob. Across her chest was a large scar. It was true.

With new found energy Jeanne ran out of bed and into the darkness of the building with her feet bare. It was dead quiet, not even the whispers she used to hear in this main hall were there anymore.

Running further down the gallery she slowed her pace as a thick hot substance began to coat the bottom of her feet. It was coming from the studio. Pushing the door open she dropped to the floor, her eyes wide with horror.

"AHHHHH!"

In the center of the room lit by the moon were the mutilated bodies of the people she had come to know as family. Limbs were hanging by tendons, eyes missing or wide open with fear still etched in them.

The smell was putrid and that of what she had smelt from the strange man earlier. Looking down she screeched as there was a severed hand with a wedding band on it close to her and she gagged.

Her head spun, the world went dark as she collapsed in the puddle of spilt life. Before her eyes completely closed she saw a dark figure approaching.

"Aish. I said I'd clean it soon Love now look what you've done. More work for me."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: I found the most perfect song to write this story too it's unbelievable ♥ So did you enjoy the first Chapter? Will you still be sticking around? I sure do hope so Love m(_ _)m Until next week all. Shall we Play?