░ Chapter 15 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: I do apologize for my leave of absence~ It was my brother’s birthday and then my dog got sick and everything just went blah but I promised Reader-nim an update this week and I do not fail when I promise something!

Let us recap! In order to get Jeanne to trust the Demons the idea of a ‘date’ was proposed. Wonshik doesn’t take too well to the idea and immediately steals his Mistress away when she’s almost taken from him. A Demon and Human are going out tonight while a whole Coven of curious beings from Hell tear her house inside out! What are we going to find out on this chapter of The Play House: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“The animated shows I’ve watched always depict females are fond of undergarments with ‘kitties’ on them? She has none….”
“Oh Sanghyuk you speak of mere girls while Jeanne here is a proper lady. Ah just gaze upon this fine lace garment…how it would slide across her bare bottom….”
“STOP FOOLING AROUND!”
“Of course Jaewhan’s not interested for he’s already seen Jeanne’s first hand~ Tell me Brother how did it feel tearing them apart with your bare hands before you slid-”

Sanghyuk watches intently as a blushing Jaewhan blurs and tackles a cackling Hongbin right out the window spraying glass and debris everywhere.

As pre-determined Hongbin took immediate action in raiding Jeanne’s wardrobe scattering clothes and undergarments everywhere in search of any clues to their mystery.

But it seems the fallen Angel only wanted to satisfy his own mystery of what laid under the human woman’s clothes.

Chuckling from the roars and banging heard down below the youngest collared Demon took it upon himself to place everything back in it’s proper place. Jeanne would be pleased.

His leather fingers glided softly across the rim of a velvet bra cup and he sighs. He can sense what Jeanne thinks of him and it was disheartening to say the least.

He is well 100’s of years older than she is, a Demon, a murderous one at that, yet in her eyes he was a young man, almost a child.

Lightly he whimpers as he closed the drawer and places clenched fists on top. He wanted to hold his Mistress intimately too.

He wants to caress her soft supple skin, his body over hers, and let his mouth devour hers as his Brothers do.

The collar around his neck twinkles, a wave of subtle calm washing over him to keep him from phasing and he sighs.

“Well Sanghyuk if you want the Mistress to see you as a Man then first you should not have asked her to get you a ‘souvenir’. Aish…..”

Hakyeon and Taekwoon look up at the ceiling as the Gallery shakes and they frown with disapproval from roaring and snarling outside. His Coven was full of brutes.

The eldest had decided to investigate the dungeon where Jeanne’s Pets are kept when she’s not home.

6 different cages, 3 restored to glory while the remaining 3 were in ruins.

The air of nostalgia grew thicker and thicker the more they visited the chasm. The feeling that they’ve been here before could not be shaken now so it must be a fact.

Hakyeon runs his hand against the glass of Jaewhan’s floral cage. There was no opening, no secret hatch, nothing. If anything it looked like a display case. Disgusting.

He lands a right handed jab at full strength but nothing occurs, slightly hurting the Demon’s pride.

Taekwoon sniffs around and stumbles upon an area of rusted chains hanging from the black ceiling.

They’re eerie, shrieking as they sway, and in the center of the link jungle something gleams that catches his red glowing eye.

Blurring into the abyss his eyes narrow at the collar and he slowly kneels and grabs it.

Would you like to join me for tea? Hehehehe ♥

A little girl’s voice echoes in his head. Startled he swings around and Hakyeon raises his arms defensively.

“What in the Devil’s name are you swinging at?!”
“I…heard something….”
“Well I did not speak a word….so you found another….”

Their gazes drop to the pieces of leather in their hands they had collected from the rubble. Hakyeon his teeth in distain.

“6 collars. 6 of us. I do not believe in coincidences Brother.”

Sanghyuk is in awe at all the little trinkets found in the Human’s room.

It’s a shame that the Ballerina in the music box did not have a life of it’s own like back home. Perhaps he’d get one for his Mistress if it would please her.

His fingers skim over a small device that is best know as a ‘cellular phone’ and the large device next to it must be what they call a ‘tablet.’ Human gadgets are fascinating!

“Well hello….”

While brushing his fingers across the bed top, sensual thoughts slowly taking over his mind, the corner of a photo album peers out from under lacey pillow cases.

He’s torn and frowns deeply.

“Should I open it? It was hidden for a reason…..but our mission was to turn over the entire Gallery…..but it’s the Mistress’ belongings I wouldn’t want to upset her…..maybe just a quick peak?”

Like an eager child the Reaper Demon grabs it mid chuckle and sits on the floor with a grin, flipping through the pages with blinding speed when a fallen envelope lands in his lap.

Curiosity gets the best of the young man as he carefully slips the hand written note out and soon his eyes glisten with unshed tears.

Demons would not dare to cry but for his Mistress he would make an exception.

Looking from the note to the photo album full of wonderful Human memories Sanghyuk’s heart aches for his Mistress who lost someone so close to her, the only person close to her.

His finger slides down a photo of young Jeanne, so small she could be mistaken for a Doll.

He sighs and leans his head back against the mattress closing his eyes.

“No wonder Mistress doesn’t trust us….she’s been so deprived….wait…”

An idea strikes him odd. He sits up hastily and skims over the note again.

‘Do not trust anyone from the wood.’
‘This world is not your own’

Hyuk looks out the window into the forest with arched brows. Did this Demetrus man know about the portal in the pond? And what did he mean by not her world?

“Ooooohhhh Brothers! Brothers I think I found something!”

Gathering the album in his arms the Demon prepares to blur out the door when the hairs on the back of his neck stand, a growl ripping through his lips.

In the grass down below the Nightmare Demon and Fallen Angel are wrestling as Brothers do.

Pinned under Hongbin Jaewhan frowns and thrashes non-commited admitting defeat.

The two sit up and dust themselves off, chiseled faces looking up at the cloudy evening sky.

Hongbin turns to the other, eyeing the collar around his neck and grins.

“The slave look suits you Jaewhan.”

Expecting a retaliation he is surprised when the other just smiles and shrugs his shoulders cutely.

“If it’s for Jeanne I’d be her slave till the end of time. Id lay my life down for her.”
“Rubbish. You only say such things because of that blasted collar.”
“You Sir are truly heartless! She’s drawn you because your soulless hollow being can’t see your reflection and it was the first time you’ve felt immense joy in your miserable defective life!”
“I am not defective!”
“Yes you are! But you are my Brother and your defectiveness only makes me adore you more”

Un-amused by the backhanded compliment Hongbin scoffs and lightly punches Jaewhan in the arm making the baritone laugh.

It’s true he was defective. He was not originally a Demon but a Celestial Being. For some reason he was casted away from the Heavens and left to rot, literally.

Not truly a Demon, not truly an Angel, Hongbin was defective but in his Coven’s eyes he was family and that’s all he could ask for.

“Which always brings back the question what could you have possibly done to get kicked out of the Celestial Realm~”
“Oh not this again”
“Perhaps it’s your lewdness! I would not be surprised. Perhaps adultery~? That smile of yours is a weapon!”
“Be quiet”
“Or perhaps-”
“No seriously shut up”

Hongbin slaps a hand over Jaewhan’s mouth with narrowing eyes. His ears were ringing silver bells. There was an uninvited guest.

On the outskirt of the bustling night market Jeanne gasps as Wonshik finally stops under the light of a street lamp after blurring them all the way from the country side.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that. Wonshik you’re shaking.”

Her voice is like a soft silk ribbon wrapping itself around the Demon’s racing heart. No one was going to take her from him, not even Hakyeon, he couldn't allow it.

Releasing a deep sigh the Berserker leans his head into the crook of her neck kissing her softly. The giggle that escapes her lips causes him to see stars in his vision.

“I’m sorry”

He says quietly as he finally sets Jeanne’s feet on the ground. Jeanne shakes her head and as she looks up and catches the Demon’s blushing face gazing at her she too blushes.

“It’s quite alright Wonshik. I assumed Hakyeon did not really want to accompany me anyway.”
“He does not deserve your company Jeanne.”

Wonshik purrs, his fingers softly brushing strands of hair away from Jeanne’s cheek before kissing her slowly.

His hand caress her jaw, her neck, her shoulders, down her arm till he shyly laces their fingers together.

“Shall we?”

The hesitation on Jeanne’s face at his question caused Wonshik’s brows to furrow.

“Do you not want to be with me?”

His voice sounds so hurt Jeanne’s chest aches and she immediately shakes her head.

OF COURSE I DO! Oh why am I yelling…I mean. Of course I want to be here with you but…This is the market place. Last we spoke of this you fantasized killing everyone here”

Jeanne is surprised when the Demon lets out a hardy laugh. A stark contrast to the brute that he claimed to be Wonshik looked carefree and almost dare she say…human.

“Do not worry about that Jeanne. I could care less about that now.”
“Really? What’s changed?”
“I only have eyes for you. I won’t look at anything else but you the entire time.”
“But..you’ll miss the beautiful sites”
“Nothing is more beautiful than you and I wouldn‘t want to miss even a second of you”

With a cheeky grin the Demon raises Jeanne’s warm hand to his lips and kisses it tenderly causing her legs to wobble with flush fever.

The hammering in his Mistress’ heart as they walked the streets of the bustling area made the Demon’s body come alive in a way he’s never felt.

When she caught his gaze and the blush once again crept up her neck for he kept his promise of only having eyes for her, Wonshik wanted nothing more than to kiss her right there in front of everyone.

He could sense she was uncomfortable from everyone staring at them in awe.

As a Demon Humans are naturally attracted to his appearance, his scent, his entire being but he quelled the anxiety in Jeanne’s heart by slipping an arm around her waist, pulling her flush against his side and kissing her head.

“Everyone’s looking at us Wonshik”

The Emerald eyed girl is bashful as the Demon tightens his hold and he smiles against her hair.

“They’re looking at you and how beautiful you are. Absolutely stunning Jea-”

“JEANNE!”

A small crowd of young women are squealing and running in high heels so fast Wonshik frowns and hides his Mistress behind him warily.

Towering over them with a stoic face their voices immediately quiet down and they slightly cower.

Sweetly Jeanne peers around the man’s arm and flashes a bright smile. As she tries to walk past him Wonshik grabs her hand, slightly apprehensive.

“It’s alright Wonshik they’re my friends”

Reluctantly the Berserker sighs and releases her, but continues to follow close behind like a shadow.

The entire duration of the conversation Jeanne can’t help but giggle as Wonshik grumbles and moans behind her.

The little things she catches him saying like how they were no where near as beautiful as her had her heart flutter and her cheeks flush.

“Are you feeling alright Jeanne? Your face is a little red?”
“Oh no I’m fine-”

The young women gasp as Wonshik tsks teasingly. He slips a hand under Jeanne’s chin and tilts her face to his, his dark eyes smoldering making her weak in the knees.

“They’re right Jeanne you do seem a bit flushed. Are you sure you’re alright?”

His voice was low and husky, teasing in only the way Wonshik could.

“What…wha…what are you doing Wonshik?”

Embarrassment and shyness creeps up Jeanne’s spine and she bites her lower lip to conceal her gasp as the Demon lowers his head and kisses her ear.

“You’re not paying attention to me Mistress….this is suppose to be our date”

His words are a whimper but so sensual Jeanne feels as though they are the only two people around until giggles and coos pull her from her fog.

“Jeanne why don’t you introduce us to your…”
“Slave”

Curious eyes all landed on Wonshik including Jeanne’s as he spoke. He tilts his head to the side questioningly as his Mistress‘ mouth opens and closes wordlessly.

“Was that not the proper thing to say? What do you all call it here….boyfriend? Ah yes I believe that’s it. I‘m sorry for the confusion. Slave must‘ve sounded completely far fetched but it is true I am her love slave.”
“No he’s not! I mean….I don’t know…..”

The Demon charms the flabbergasted group into submission and now he is the center of attention instead of their school mate who had been missing for years.

Feeling slightly suffocated Jeanne sneaks out of the crowd and takes in a deep breath to calm her nerves.

It was one thing to be surrounded by Demons but now to be surrounded by actual people, that needed some getting used to again.

“Especially considering the gallery will be opening soon. Ha more comfortable with Demons than Humanity Grand Father would not be pleased….”

“Well Miss I’d be pleased to meet your acquaintance”

Looking over her shoulder at the intoxicated man eyeing her from head to toe Jeanne took a step aside allowing the man to pass but instead he continued to hover around her.

“Sir as flattering as that remark may have seemed in your head it surely would not work on a proper lady. So if you could kindly-”

The moment she saw the man’s hand reach for her Jeanne panicked. The drunk saw something in her eyes that had the blood drain from his face.

Gasps were heard all around as suddenly the man was being picked up by the back of the shirt, single handedly by a Demon radiating a fury so palpable it was causing the drunk man to sweat profusely.

Looking around at the crowd Jeanne scurried to Wonshik’s side and hissed quietly.

“Put him down Wonshik.”

A tingle of regret and unease traveled down her spine as Wonshik turned to her with a very disapproved glare.

“You left my side.”
“It was only for a moment.”
“A moment too many. And what’s worse is this filth almost touched you. I am ashamed of myself.”
“Wonshik can you please put him down! Everyone’s watching! We can discuss this later”

As if he was nothing but a feather Wonshik tossed the man to the side and proceeded to cross his arms with the whispers around them only growing louder.

Is that the Demetrus girl?
The Gallery owner?
Is it not opening soon?
Who is the handsome man?
So strong….

“No Jeanne we are going to discuss this now.”

Jeanne did not like that she had ruined their calm evening but the look on Wonshik’s face was one that said he would not accept any excuse from her.

Mustering up her courage she loosened her demeanor, shyly tugging at his sleeve and peered up at him with glistening Emerald eyes.

“I’m sorry you worried Wonshik. You are not a shame but my….boyfriend….”

The crowd cheered at the adorable romantic scene that could only play out in this area so naturally that they dispersed without a second thought of the Demon’s inhuman strength.

Thankful everyone left Jeanne was now faced with the problem of frozen Wonshik.

His face was red, his body completely stiff and his chest rumbling with a purr so low only she could hear it.

“Really?”

His voice is a hushed whisper, her heart squeezes, and it was then Jeanne realized what she had referred to him as to appease his wrath.

That look of heartbreak on his face when she denied him in front of her friends, she didn’t like it.

It wasn’t completely untrue. Wonshik had cared for her since she found him in the forest. He’s made love to her and protects her. Isn’t that what a boyfriend did?

She was so out of touch with society but the way he was looking at her right now, like she was his very reason for existing, Jeanne didn’t care and nodded.

Jaewhan and Hyuk would not approve but there was just something special about Wonshik that made Jeanne’s heart flutter in a way no one else could make it do.

Wonshik closed the distance between them, his hand landing on her cheek. Jeanne braced herself for another sweet kiss but was confused when he stopped short.

“Wonshik?”
“Something’s wrong. We need to go.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author Note: BUT WHO’S THE UNINVITED GUEST!? WHATS WRONG!? WHY DO WE NEED TO GO HOME BEFORE JEANNE AND WONSHIK CAN GET MORE ROMANTIC AND CRINGEY ADORABLE!? Ugh it’s always something! But I guess we’ll find out on the next chapter and soon the gallery will open and you’re all invited ♥

Thank you for everyone who voted for me when I asked J It would not have been fair of me to ask you for this if I didn’t update right so this is my thank you~ There are 14 hrs left to vote, even if you voted already I would really appreciate your support till the very end! Author-nim fighting! its just one click to help change my life~

http://www.soompi.com/legends/contestants/ohsnapitsdj/