░ Chapter 17 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: See the thing about inspiration is it comes and goes. I mean look 3 VIXX singles have passed since the beginning of this story. Honestly I wanted to stop writing this because I didn‘t feel that passionately about it anymore but I have an obligation as an Author-nim to finish what I started. So let‘s do that shall we? Hello new Subscribers nice to meet you and a big Hello to old subs if you‘re still here~ ^~^

Let‘s recap shall we? Last I remember while Jeanne and Wonshik were on their date it was cut short because Celestial Beings were attacking the gallery. Alarus the head of the attacking group seemed to have known Hongbin and his past with Jeanne but she would have rather died than reveal anything. Now everyone‘s caught up in a war that they have no idea why they‘re a part of and on top of that Jeanne has a gallery to run. Just what is a woman with six Demons supposed to do!? What are we going to find out on this chapter of The Play House: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Coming! So sorry! Just a moment!”

Hurriedly tidying her appearance Jeanne ran to the main door with a choir of Demon chuckles echoing through out the gallery in eerie taunting song.

She looks over her shoulder hushing to no one and swings the door open to meet an unfamiliar face.

A tall lanky young man with black hair swept back and a pair of thick block glasses adorned his slightly round face.

He was dressed impeccably in a grey suit and seemed to be quite jittery as he shook off his nerves.

But one look at Jeanne had the male freeze in admiration.

How precious he’s speechless by the Mistress’ beauty
Is it her beauty or the state we left her in?

Jeanne hid her slight annoyance with the voices in her head with a large smile as she reached for the guest’s hand catching him off guard.

She had been working none stop on pieces for the reopening of the gallery.

Her hair was constantly in a high ponytail with bits of dried paint crumbing at the ends.

Her clothing was old and tattered covered in oil stains and colored splatters and it seemed her lustful coven thought this was when she was the most beautiful because it was at this time they would not give her a moment of peace.

“Please come in…Mr.?”
“Mr. Oliver Laine. My apologies your Uncle Chester was booked to the brim with work and had asked me to be the one to have you finalize the last of your documents for the gallery.”
“Splendid! Do come in. Would you like a cup of tea?”
“Yes please”

Lowering his eyes to adjust his handling of his brief case Oliver’s face blushed brightly from the sight of the faint reddening bruises along Jeanne’s thighs.

Oops caught
Brother you are insatiable
What can I say she tastes delightful anywhere my mouth can get her

The young woman looks down and immediately tugs her shorts down to cover the unsightly lewd marks on her skin and invites the Lawyer inside.

After designating the way to the kitchen the young woman took a quick detour through the door hidden behind the grand curtain.

The snickering of men only increases in volume the deeper she ventured down the spiral staircase until she reached the fog covered floor below.

She enters into the light with crossed arms and a frown on her face.

Jaewhan’s leaning against the glass of his cage with a beautifully colored Lily in his hands. He smiles.

“Miss us already do you Jeanne? I must say the feeling is mutual.”

She walks by his cage making him laugh and arrives at the most recent addition of habitants.

Hongbin sits up from the bed in the center of the water flooded room and smiles devilishly with his fangs gleaming.

“Hongbin please behave yourself”
But I haven’t said a word Miss Jeanne

Without moving his lips his teasing thoughts echo in her head while he raises his hands innocently.

The chuckles of Demons envelope her again as she huffs and puffs in the center of the room for all to see.

“Behave yourselves or so help me no madeleines for dessert tonight”

Hyuk can’t help but laugh brightly from where he sat on his stairs in his designated area.

He’s laughing so hard his poisonous gas begins to spew from him making him disappear from view.

“Sorry Mistress I do not mean to laugh but you are absolutely adorable throwing your little tantrum.”
“I am very serious Sanghyuk you all will behave or-”
“Or else no sponge cake for dessert?! How cruel Jeanne! You‘re positively pure evil!”

Jaewhan pouts as he pulls petals from the flower in his hands.

“We can always have Jeanne for dessert.”
“Hongbin do not instigate your Brothers.”

“Will you all just pipe down and let Jeanne be”

Chills roll through everyone as Wonshik growls unhappily.

Jeanne walks up to the curtained cage where the Berserker Demon is standing tall with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. She frowns.

“Is something the matter Wonshik? You seem irritated.”
“The longer you are down here Jeanne the longer you are away from that worm of a human upstairs. Which means the longer he will be here and the longer we will be locked up and away from you.”
“Or in short Wonshik is jealous of that Lawyer who took a fancy to you~”

Hongbin snickers, his carbon wings erupting from his back and fluttering with giddy glee. Jaewhan hushes his brother anxiously.

He was told not to lurk in the minds of the guests but he was a Demon, he normally did the opposite of what he was told.

“When I get out of here I will kill you”

Wonshik bites back stoically making the others laugh. Jeanne her teeth in distain.

“You will do no such thing Wonshik”
“And what makes you think you can stop me Jeanne?”

The emerald eyed girl smiles and approaches the barrier keeping the Demon contained.

She stands on her tippy toes leaning forward and Wonshik is mesmerized and follows her actions until the two are sharing a kiss that is denied by the magic keeping them apart.

Sanghyuk claps in admiration.

“It is like watching a romance film. Perhaps Beauty and the Beast or some sorts. How lovely.”

The couple pull back gazing at each other contently.

Wonshik purrs the invisible wall imagining he is touching the soft warm skin of the girl on the other side.

“Now will you all behave”
“If we’re promised as sweet a kiss as that one once we’re all free then mum’s the word Mistress~”
“Agreed. Anything for Jeanne.”
“A kiss in exchange for silence. Sounds fair. And the restoration of our desserts.”

The coven looks up at the stony ceiling simultaneously and smirk. Jeanne looks around curiously.

“What are you all looking at?”
“Do you think Brother will eat him?”
“I would love to see that”

Jeanne gasps.

“Eat him? Who eat who?”
“The human chap is completely stunned”
“Oh Brother does not look happy”
“What are you all rambling on about?”

Sanghyuk beckons to Jeanne and whispers playfully as she approaches.

“Brother Taekwoon is alone with your guest upstairs. Are you sure you should still be here?”

Without a moment of hesitation Jeanne turns on her heel and rushes up the stairs again with the laughs of insensitive cold hearted devious Demons laughing in her psyche.

All the worst possible scenarios were tainting the young woman’s imagination.

Last thing she would need was to arrive to yet another pile of human remains staring up at her lifeless and vile.

“Please excuse me I-”

Halting in her tracks she’s surprised at the scene before her.

Completely insecure in front of the handsome stranger Oliver sat stiffly in his seat with his hands clenched into fists in his lap.

Taekwoon narrows his eyes at her arrival for he had just sat the tea set in front of her guest.

The lawyer bashfully looks to the flawless man in front of him and bows his head gratefully.

The Demon nods and walks by him to Jeanne who‘s anxious.

Silently his eyes assess her before he brushes by her on his own leaving her confused but thankful for the lack of gore she had expected to see.

Oliver’s eyes look from Jeanne to where Taekwoon had left then back down at Jeanne’s legs flustering her. She shakes her head profusely then joins the young man at the table.

Upon walking the lawyer out after finalizing the last of the mandatory paper work for the gallery in high spirits Jeanne’s head is met with a chorus of male voices in protest.

Instead of releasing the collared Demons immediately the young woman decided to wander her home in search of Taekwoon.

Like Hakyeon he was not collared, nor did they actually like her, but they felt the need to invade her home at their leisure.

The sound of the grand piano from Grandfather’s room swirls tantalizingly around Jeanne’s ears.

A powerful soulful melody from the ivory keys accompanied by sweet airy beautiful vocals.

Hesitant to knock Jeanne goes against her manners and enters the room unannounced to where the Dracula Demon’s fingers were effortlessly dancing across the aged instrument producing a, dare she say it, magical song.

His face was serene. Eyes closed and cherry red lips producing emotion filled words of love or struggle.

The flawless high notes and falsettos had Jeanne clapping her hands in awe. Abruptly the room becomes silent.

Taekwoon looks over flustered and horrified he was caught. Immediately he covers the keys and blurs past her with a bow of apology for intruding.

“No wait!”

She calls running after him fruitlessly as he is now nowhere in sight. She did not hear any doors open so he must still be here somewhere.

“Taekwoon that was beautiful please do not fret. Continue. I apologize I intruded.”

Jeanne calls into the seemingly empty gallery down hearted.

“I did not mean to scare you”

She sighs defeated but shrieks as she comes face to face with another solid wall of chest from the Demon she was looking for.

Taekwoon looks down at her scrutinizing with crossed arms.

“I do not get scared

He says in a frigid whisper signaling she had offended him. Jeanne cowers into herself choking out an apology under the gaze of threatening red eyes.

At this point in time the female artist was having a hard time concentrating on the canvas in front of her when she was constantly distracted by other worldly beings' shenanigans.

She would look away for a second then find Jaewhan using her acrylics to paint Sanghyuk’s phased skull.

The Reaper demon would then laugh so hard his jaw dislodged from his head and bounced on the floor splattering color everywhere.

Hongbin, though not meaning any harm, would constantly question her actions. Why this ? Why this color? Does it have a significance? What is your own personal twist on this piece?

“Would it not be much easier to have magic and just conjure a finished painting?”
“Absolutely not. This is Art you can not take short cuts of such nature. It will only be beautiful if you put your heart into it.”
“Oh Jeanne’s rattled how precious~”

Fed up with the Fallen Angel’s teasing Jeanne turned ready to paint a bright green streak across his smug face when Wonshik hugs her from behind.

She sighs exasperated as his hold strengthens and he kisses the line of her jaw.

“How am I supposed to-”
“I got you flowers…..”

The burly man whispered shyly as he held up the ruggedly gathered flowers in front of her. Peonies. How lovely.

She grabs the man’s hands around the bouquet and brings the soft petals to her face to appreciate the sweet gesture and the scent.

Jeanne hums thoroughly enjoying herself and against her back she feels the rumbles of the Demon’s purrs.

“Did I make you happy? I just wanted to make you happy”
“Yes you did. Thank you so much Wonshik.”

She turns her head to capture the Demon’s lips causing everyone in the room to croon with jealousy.

Wonshik wanted to do something nice, something to ease the stress she was under with the reopening of the Gallery only a few days away.

She worked day in and day out speaking with help, caterers, press and most of all creating master pieces. That’s when she was the most beautiful.

With a bit of sly talking Hongbin even convinced Jeanne to let the Demons hand out flyers in town. Of course humans could never say no to their ethereal beauty.

“I am glad you’re all having a ball here with me but would it be so much to ask for maybe…a bit of silence?”
Silence?”

Jaewhan mimics the word and his face grows distained. That did not sound entertaining at all.

Jeanne stepped away from Wonshik and addressed the collared coven with a serious tone like a mother to her children.

“I have a lot of work to do and your constant distractions are hindering my progress. The quicker I finish the quicker I can enjoy my time with you all.”
“Or you can just scrap the whole idea and live with us full time in the Demon realm instead? We’d be happy to provide for you Mistress till the day you’re no longer with us.”

Hongbin pitches the idea honestly and his brothers can’t help but nod in agreement.

Everything she does here she could do in the other realm.

She had an imagination too great for the mere Human world. A hunger for the unknown that would only be satiated with the wonders in the Demon Realm.

Jeanne sweeps her hair behind her ear and smiles.

“As tempting as that is I love this gallery too much to abandon it. My Grandfather put his heart and soul into this place and I want to do the same. Please understand that.”
“Of course Mistress. If that is what you desire. Come Brothers Jeanne has asked for silence and we must obey.”

“OUT! OUT! GO HOME! OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS-”

The mischievous Demons walked to the far wall in single file. Actions all précised and synchronized they sat on the floor completely motionless with their eyes fixed on her.

Demons’ jokes knew no bounds.

Exasperated Jeanne covered her eyes shaking her head and herded the lot out the door.

Jaewhan whines as the door is locked in their faces.

“This is Demon abuse! I will not stand to be abandoned out in the cold and rain! Starved and deprived of attention! You are barbaric!”
“It’s a clear starry night Jaewhan and we just finished supper stop over reacting.”
“We can’t just leave you alone Mistress”
“Taekwoon is still playing my Grand Father’s piano if anything I’ll go to him”
“Is that really a good idea? He might eat you…and not in the way we do-”

GO HOME

The command rings loud and clear in the Demons’ psyches and soullessly they blur into the forest unable to disobey.

As expected Jeanne’s productivity increased in her solitude.

Finishing the last signature in the lower corner of her last painting of the night the young woman yawned stretching her stiff arms over head.

The piano has not halted once this entire time, constantly filling the gallery with beautiful classical music it made Jeanne feel nostalgic.

Knocking on the door with her elbow due to her hands being sub-due with the tea tray she was holding Taekwoon blurred to the door and immediately grabbed the things in her hands.

His action was so quick and on point Jeanne was in awe. Of the whole coven he and Hakyeon were by far the most graceful and agile.

“How did you know I was carrying that?”
“I could hear the clattering of the cups and the swishing of the water in the pot from down the hall as you approached.”

Taekwoon replied as a matter of factly. His tone was still very frigid ever since she accused him of being frightened.

Jeanne takes a seat next to him in front of the piano and he hands her her little cup.

“Thank you. I meant to ask earlier but why did you set the tea things in front of Oliver? I can’t imagine a Demon waiting on a Human unless it was against his will.”

Taekwoon actually gives a curt smirk as he sips at his own tea. His eyes glow red as his demonic pride courses through him.

“It was against my will. It was rude of you to keep your guest waiting but it was because of my Brothers you did so so I felt the need to compensate. Never again.”
“You are very well mannered and considerate Taekwoon I’m impressed. You even play so beautifully and care for animals. You may be a Demon but you have the purest heart out of your coven.”

Jeanne gasps as Taekwoon sputters back into his cup caught off guard by her words. She pats his back lightly until he’s calmed.

His dark eyes stare at his tea for a while until he speaks up softly.

“I am not that great.”
“True”

Again caught off guard by her words Taekwoon turns to Jeanne wide eyed. She’s smiling at him.

“You’re not ‘that’ great but you can also not deny your greatness as of now. There’s always room to grow and improve but do not disregard yourself so easily. My Grandfather often told me this. Everyone’s greatness is different so don't take yours for granted.”

Absent mindedly Jeanne’s hand glides across the keys playing a simple tune. Taekwoon watches in silence until the woman stands startling him softly.

“I should go and wash off so we can return home. I don’t think your brothers will be too happy that I forced them away once they return to their senses.”
“You…are…you sure you do not…want to play a bit…with..me?”
“Alright but I must wash up first then I’ll be right back.”

Jeanne smiles excitedly as she’s on her way back to Taekwoon freshly showered. She’s never experienced that side of him before and it only made him more beautiful in her eyes.

Passing her studio she pauses as she looks out the window. There’s a woman near the forest.

“AHHHHHH!”

Taekwoon’s heart thrashes in his ears as he hears Jeanne’s scream of terror.

The moment the scent of her blood hits him he’s blurring out the door faster than he’s ever moved before.

On the ground Jeanne is covering her neck wound trickling crimson while crawling away from the monster in front of her.

What she thought was a woman turned out to be a monster masquerading as a woman.

As she approached them believing them to be lost the woman’s skin peeled back like a flower opening it’s petals revealing a large mouth with razor sharp teeth.

The Demon kneels besides Jeanne and examines the gash on her neck. Her essence stains his hands. The smell indescribable he can’t fight off his curiosity any longer.

Daintily he a bit of her blood from his finger tips and begins to growl. He’s completely livid.

The being in front of them was a ‘Venus’ fly trap. A carnivorous plant that masqueraded itself as a woman reminiscent of the goddess Venus.

He’s snarling now, jaw elongating and fangs growing in size.

“Taekwoon….”

Jeanne whispers taken a back by the Demon in front of her. He slips an arm around her waist and lifts her up effortlessly.

He faces the Fly trap and with a raised hand the being is enveloped in his red telekinetic abilities.

It screeches and flails its skin petals as it is sent soaring in the air until it was finally speared at the top of the gallery leading to it’s death.

It’s body shrivels up and disintegrates.

Satisfied the Demon blurs them inside to her bathroom. He sits her on the counter then blurs around the house gathering the necessities.

As he returns he gasps as Jeanne is passed out against the mirror with blood running down her body from her neck wound.

Grabbing her pale face in his hands Taekwoon is almost hesitant at what he is about to do but he could not stand the cold of her skin against his palms.

That nor would his Brothers approve that their pet was killed on his watch.

He runs his tongue across his fangs drawing blood and deeply kisses Jeanne.

Swirling their tongues together so his blood coats it completely he digs a hand into his pocket drawing one of the collars.

He shoves it into Jeanne’s hand and as her eyes slowly open he raises her arm to his neck.

Dazed Jeanne feels the familiar gadget in her hand and weakly brings up her other arm to clasp the collar around Taekwoon’s neck. It sparkles as it snaps closed.

She believes in you. Even when you do not.

The Demon sighs and kisses her again deeply. Savoring her special taste till the moment she can not breathe anymore so he must pull back.

“You scared me….”

He whispers softly kissing her jaw line causing her eyes to flutter close.

“I thought you said you do not get scared Taekwoon.”
“I do…I am scared of losing you. Rest….Mistress.”

Hakyeon hangs himself by his tie from the Chandelier in the main hall of the Demon manor.

His Brothers watch on with amused smiles.

Pulling harder on the tie hoping it would end this nightmare he was living instead the chandelier breaks and falls to the ground but is saved by Taekwoon and his telekinesis.

The collar around his neck gleams. If that shattered it would wake his Mistress and he could not allow that.

“What is that!? WHAT-IS-THAT!? Taekwoon! We were supposed to be in this together! Standing against the Witch and her powers how could you abandon me!? You all hate me. I have obviously failed you as a coven leader if you all felt the need to leave me for a Human!”

Hakyeon dramatically places his arm over his eyes and pretends to cry.

Wonshik steps closer to Taekwoon suspiciously.

Jaewhan tried to peak into his head to see what happened while they were away but he sees nothing once Taekwoon arrives at Jeanne‘s side in the clearing and it does not return until the memory of him placing her in bed upstairs only moments ago.

Taekwoon looks to Wonshik and narrows his eyes causing the other to frown softly.

“I thought you said you wanted no part in this?”

“Hakyeon please stop trying to take my glove off! I don’t want to kill you!”
“Just end me! This ludicrousness is unbearable! Send me back to Hell!”
“Stop it!!!”

The Dracula Demon smiles knowingly at his coven leader’s words. He returns his eyes to Wonshik and shrugs.

“She’s….special.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author Note: Still not over this writer's block but let's slowly try to ease back into this or else it'll never end and not in a good way lol