░ Chapter 14 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: Hello to the new subscribers who have joined me in our Demon filled world. We just finished a fun filled day at Master Jaebeom's castle now we're on our way home. Did we learn anything about why this Human has control over a coven of Demons? Let's find out on this update of The Play House: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shallwe play?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They’ve found you my child
You…Who’s found me?
You are no longer safe alone. Heed my warning child. They must not catch you.
But! I do not understand! Who are you?!
Trust in them Jeanne. No one else can save you now.
Trust?

Jaewhan’s brows knitted together as he gently brushed Jeanne’s hair aside from her sleeping face.

Her beautiful face was tensed, small whimpers escaping her parted lips but as he tried to sneak a peak at to what in her mind was troubling her he saw, nothing.

“Impossible….”

His faint growl drew the attention of the rest of his Brothers seated around him in the vehicle.

“What is it?”
“Nothing”
“Don’t play coy Jaewhan”

Jaewhan’s glowing eyes narrowed but the fog in his head only grew denser and the denser the more he tried to probe his Mistress’ thoughts.

He turned to the coven leader with a sigh and annoyed expression.

“No Hakyeon I really meant ‘nothing.’ I can’t see her thoughts, her dreams, her conscience at the moment”
“Impossible.”
“As I’ve said.”

Everyone tensed as Jeanne stirred awake when the car pulled up in front of their manor.

Her Emerald eyes were teary and dazed, a light sweat slipping down her temple and her expression looked lost and dreary.

“Are you alright Mistress?”

Jaewhan coos softly, lifting her onto his lap effortlessly. Wonshik and Hyuk frown when the girl doesn’t answer but keeps gazing at the floor.

“Jeanne?”

The Berserker says sternly and slowly Jeanne turns her head and nods as she snaps out of her daze.

“I’m alright I’m sorry.”

That night after Jeanne was put to bed the Demons sat around the dining table with large glasses of wine at hand.

There was no candle light to illuminate the area, only the aid of the blue full moon. They sit in their designated chairs in a slouch with one slender leg crossed over the other.

Hair tousled, dress shirts opened revealing smooth bare chests, eyes glowing and collars gleaming they sat in silence recapping their day in their silence.

Despite the aid of the Puppeteer Master they’ve barely learnt anymore than they already knew about this mysterious power the Human had over them.

But that is not to say they did not learn anything of great use.

According to old text the symbol etched in the silver buckle has been around since the beginning of time.

It was an ancient symbol Celestial Beings saw as a great evil and a symbol Demons saw as ‘protection and salvation.’

Surely it would explain that glare the Angel in Jaebeom’s office gave the group upon her exit.

It was best Jeanne did not know this so she was not frightened for how could she have possibly known such a thing existed, especially found lurking under her very own home where she grew up.

Also as of now the power of the collars only activated during times of great emotion.

Jeanne’s fright had Wonshik kneeling over in pain at the gallery that day and her apprehension about the gentlemen attacking the man at the door had her ‘order’ them to their cages with no way to refuse.

When Wonshik felt great aggression to the point of phasing the collar would sting and keep him in control.

When questioned about the spell that released the Demons from their cages, how she knew to order them around, she was solemn as she informed them that it just occurred to her out of the blue.

“When she speaks the incantation or her command she becomes uncharacteristically….”
“Prissy”
Jaewhan chuckles as the word leaves his tongue making Wonshik nod in reluctant agreement.

Hongbin stirs around the contents of his glass, the moonlight hitting him at just the right way so half his body was normal and the other half looked vein-y and decaying as his Fallen Angel state should.

“And the girl dreamt of Jaebeom, dreamt of Chanyeol and the Enchanted Forest”
“Also Namjoon and Loreli”

The others gasp at Wonshik’s revealed intel. He was the one who told Jeanne not to speak of it so she didn’t cause a panic upon the Society.

Taekwoon’s tongue slipped sensually around the rim of the crystal glass and swallowed hard.

“What…else isn’t she telling us?”

Hakyeon brought his drink to his lips and narrowed his eyes teasingly at a deep in thought Jaewhan.

“Shouldn’t we be asking him that?”

Not understanding everyone’s cryptic speech Hyuk turned to his older Brother with his hand playing at his chin, a glow with a purple flame.

“Jaewhan what does he mean?”

“He can’t see all of Jeanne’s thoughts. He says its as if some of them just don’t exist. And interesting enough it seems as though some were created and put into her head.”

Wonshik speaks up causing the none collared members to frown deeply.

“And how were we not clearly informed of this? Do we all need to have the damned collars now to be ‘in the loop’ so to say. If you haven‘t noticed you three are not the only ones in this coven”
“Frankly yes.”
“I have a collar now too why didn’t I know….”

The Demons let out a light hearted chuckle at the youngest’s whine of disapproval. Suddenly he claps as if a great thought struck him.

“Why don’t we ask her? You know~ About the memories Jaewhan can’t see! Ow!”

At the none sense spurting out of the Reaper’s mouth Taekwoon leaned over and lightly tapped the back of his head making Hakyeon scoff and roll his eyes.

“We tried that already Sanghyuk. She was asked what she dreamt about before arriving that had her rattled and she did not share her thoughts.”
“What if she was just scared? Would you share your deepest thoughts with someone you don’t trust?”

The words left a bitter taste in Hyuk’s mouth as he said them and Jaewhan and Wonshik felt it to.

The idea of Jeanne not trusting them did not sit well with them considering she was the center of their world.

Hongbin leaned his elbows onto his knees with a chesire smile.

“Okay oh wise one what do you recommend we do to get the Human to trust us?”


“A date?”

Jeanne was wide eyed with paint smeared lightly across her cheeks and a brush hanging limply in the air.

Upon returning back to her gallery in the Human Realm the young woman went straight to work painting all she saw in the Demon Realm upon her first visit.
 
Hakyeon was slightly embarrassed standing in front of her with this proposition but mostly agitated because he didn’t know how he was the one who got stuck with this ghastly task.

Curse the human game of chance called Rock, Paper, Scissors.

“This is very sudden Hakyeon….and random. Are you feeling alright? Ow!”
“Don’t ask stupid questions. Would you like to accompany me or not?”

He grumbled flicking her head again and was surprised when Jeanne nodded.

“But perhaps it should just be called an outting? Or just a friendly lunch date.”
“What are you spouting Pet? There was nothing wrong with what I asked the first time”

Hakyeon followed Jeanne through the halls, shoving his hands in his pockets as she smiled softly explaining herself.

“Well a date usually means you want to take the chance to learn more about someone because you are romantically interested in them.”
“Exactly Pet”
“But you are not romantically interested in me so it could be called a lunch date, more of a casual thing amongst friends, or so I assume. I haven’t had time with friends in years….”
“And who said?”

Jeanne turns her head over her shoulder curiously as she grabs the door knob of her room. Hakyeon leans coolly against the wall keep his dark soft expression on her with a smirk.

“If you mean about time with friends I don’t really count you all-”
“Well for one Jeanne that is quite problematic for us since it seems you have bewitched your way into our lives. If you don’t see us as close acquaintances we’ll never get anywhere.”

His tongue at his lower lip sensually sending a tingle down the girl’s spine.

“And?”
“And secondly who said I wasn’t romantically interested?”

Hakyeon’s words have her heart jump into but soon she musters up the courage to laugh and enter her room with a curious Demon watching her.

“You always tease Hakyeon. You’re very good at that-”

Jeanne yelps as she suddenly finds herself on her bed with Hakyeon hovering over her, his hands pinning her wrists on either side of her head.

He leans his face in, his nose slowly making it’s way from her forehead, down her nose, over her lips and he nips her chin making her gasp.

“No Pet. This is teasing. What I said before was not.”

He blurs back into a sitting position and following him the girl is surprised to see him smiling so warmly at her.

He has a knee propped up with an arm over it, his slender shoulders shrug.

“Haha I mean what’s not to like? You’re beautiful, bright, at most times, talented and painfully, adorably, innocent despite having been defiled by multiple Demons. Why are you looking at me like that?”
“You….but you don’t really like me Hakyeon? You see me as a burden, a human to be toyed with to get your kicks though you mean no harm….”

She hums as the Demon holds out his hand to her with a charming laugh.

“Give me a chance to change your perception of me Pet, I mean, Jeanne.”

“No Jeanne no don’t fall for his charms! You are stronger than him!”

Hyuk grumbles unhappily, chewing on his fist, as the rest of the Demons spy on the two through the crack of the bedroom door.

“If anyone can charm their way into a lady’s heart to learn her deepest darkest desires it’s our Hakyeon”

Hongbin chuckles as he takes incriminating photos of the couple for his own pleasure.

Jaewhan is currently a nightmare mist circling inside the room trying to read Jeanne’s thoughts and as always Taekwoon is dragged along on a silly adventure but uncaring of anything aside from the wild cats in the backyard.

Hyuk and Hongbin look back startled by the sound of crumbling rumble.

Leaning against the wall Wonshik has dug his fingers into the foundation behind him, silently radiating fury and unease.

His chest hurt when Jeanne had sent him away but how he was feeling right now watching her with Hakyeon? Made him feel much much worse.

He was her shadow that evening.

In silence he washed her slender shoulders as she bathed in the scented bath. He smiled as she gathered foam and blew it at him playfully.

“Are you excited Mistress?”

Wonshik reluctantly asks as he holds her robe open for Jeanne, her body unable to lift his mood.

Wrapping her up he pulls her to his chest and kisses the top of her head making her giggle.

“Yes.”

The kneeling Demon frowns as he slips on the girl’s shoe that matches her beautiful outfit for tonight.

It’s a sparkly sequin green tank top with a sophisticated black blazer. There’s a youthful touch added to the ensemble with the puffy pleaded shorts, white thigh high socks and rounded toe platforms.

“But not because of my ‘date’ with Hakyeon”

Wonshik is taken by surprise when Jeanne runs her fingers through his hair, a soft purr rumbling from his chest.

He looks up to catch her dreamy eyes looking at nothing, her smile so warm and happy.

“I’m excited because the gallery will open soon. I have so much to prepare for opening day but it’ll be worth it. At one time the thought of ever painting again made me greatly ill, I despised it, I couldn’t bring myself to do it but now the idea of carrying on my Grandfather’s legacy per his will as well as my own desire…I haven’t felt this happy in a long time.”

The Berserker Demon laughs as the girl breaks out into sobs, her fists catching her falling tears as her shoulders shake.

He pulls her down to the floor and holds her tightly.

“Yah Mistress you said you were happy.”
“I am! Really happy. These are tears of joy.”
“You are such a human”
“Are you trying to insult me Wonshik?”

Lifting her chin up with his delicate fingers Wonshik places his lips over Jeanne’s causing her to melt into him.

“Never Jeanne.”

Waiting at the entrance of the gallery Hakyeon bowed at the waist and grabbed Jeanne’s hand giving her a light twirl.

“You look beautiful Jeanne. I approve of your fusion of mature chic and baby doll”
“Brother your fashion magazine is showing hehehe”

Hongbin snickers then blurs away then returns to avoid his Leader’s deadly right hook. Hyuk hangs Jeanne’s small clutch purse on her shoulder and dusts her jacket.

“Will you bring me back a souvenir Mistress?”
“How about I take you out one day Hyukkie? Maybe Hakyeon will lighten up after our outing tonight”
“A date Pet”
“My apologies. After out date.”

Wonshik narrows his eyes as Hakyeon slips an arm around his Mistress’ waist. Jaewhan chuckles and places a swift kiss to the girl’s exposed forehead.

“Well I call the next date so~ ♥ Do summon me if you need anything Jeanne. I’ll be over in a blur. Enjoy yourselves.”
“Thank you Jaewhan”
“We’ll take our leave then”

As Hakyeon opens the door Jeanne gives Wonshik a shy smile and wave over her shoulder that causes him to whimper.

“See you soon”

At that moment something snaps inside of the Berserker Demon.

He shoves Hakyeon to the side, picks up Jeanne and blurs up and out of the driveway leaving the rest of his Brother’s chuckling.

“Saw that coming the moment he thought it”

Jaewhan laughed brightly before disappearing deeper into the gallery. Hongbin’s wings erupted from his back before he took flight.

“I didn’t have to be inside his head to know that was going to happen. You coming Hyukkie?”
“Yes. Hakyeon you’re not bothered by what just happened?”

Hakyeon closed the gallery doors and dusted off his hands together with a smirk.

“I had no intention of going out on an intimate evening with the Human despite that stupid game. I was hoping the brute would do this and he never fails to please me. Come we must turn this Dog House inside out while the Pet is gone. Where to first?”
“Her bedroom.”
“Shall we raid her private drawers as well? I’m dying to know the elegance of her undergarments for myself hehehe”
“You Sir. Were no Angel.”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author Note: -cracks knuckles and gets ready to use fluff guns- Who's ready to go out on a date with a Demon who wants your complete trust? Who's ready for some Demons probing through drawers on their quest to uncover anything when a quiet but clever young man makes an interesting notion reguarding the Emerald eyed mystery? I ammmm...on Monday lol