Chapter 9

Untimely

Chapter 9

10---10


So he should really murder whoever thought the idea of a week-long honeymoon was a good idea because he spent the last five days in utter boredom. Even after demanding Donghyun buy him a laptop and getting internet set up in his hotel room, it still felt like something was lacking.

“Drop dead, bunch of noobs!” Minwoo shrieked, grabbing his hair in frustration. “If you don’t know how to play then go back to your mother!”

“Pack up.”

“Bastard, die, die, die!” The man agitatedly cursed, rapid finger movements conveying the intensity of the moment. “Die a , you noob!”

“I said, pack up.”

“Oh , I got a retard on my team.” Minwoo groaned, smashing angrily onto his keyboard. “May cancer cells spread in your brainless head, loser!”

Minwoo screeched when his laptop was snatched away from him, all power source cut off. He watched Donghyun narrowed his eyes on him, himself turning red from anger. “Pack. Up.”

“. YOU.”
 

---


Donghyun rubbed his temples with a soft sigh as he flew comfortably back to Korea in his first class cabin. Minwoo refused to cooperate in playing the loving wife since that morning’s incident, muttering colourful language under his breath along with some incomprehensible game language.

“Keep this up and I’ll not let you see your parents.”

Minwoo paused, glaring at Donghyun. “What?”

“I called up your parents and informed them of our plane details so they’d probably be there when we arrive.” Donghyun said, eyes on his foreign newspapers. “Get your head out of your stupid game and be more mature. You can be childish behind the scenes, but at least put up a convincing act of being a twenty-three years old heir in front of lurking cameras.”

“I’ll leave all that media play to you, bastard.” Minwoo spat, folding his arms.

“Do you want to see your parents or not?”

“You can’t stop me.”

Minwoo widened his eyes as his chin got forcefully grabbed, face turned to the older man with a menacing glare in place. “I can.”
 

---


Taking in a big breath and putting on his widest smile, Minwoo waved enthusiastically at two figures in a distance.

“MOM! DAD!”

“Stay.” Donghyun commanded under his breath. “We’ll walk there together.”

“…” Minwoo wordlessly clenched his fist, smile not faltering.


“I’m fair.” Carefully pronounced words, a sharp gaze. “If you listen to me, I don’t intend to piss you off either. I have only one goal to achieve from this marriage, and it’s the exact same one as yours. Our fathers’ businesses are a wreck and this is the last resort. I’ll take care of everything for you, and request your complete compliance in exchange.”

Minwoo clenched his teeth, feeling the grip around his chin loosen.

“I can save your father’s company from an impending bankrupt. I have the capabilities to make it thrive.”

He hated how confident the other man sounded, and how half of him was all ready to believe it was possible.

“So don’t waste your time trying to put on a defiant act for whatever childish reasons you have. Your education level and useless pride will cost you not just the lifestyle you’re accustomed too, but all the workers under your father will lose their jobs.”



“Minwoo! Welcome back!” His mother cheered as soon as they were in hearing range.

“You can go now.”

“I missed you too!” Minwoo ran up and gave both his parents a hug. “How’s things at the company, dad?”

“Things seem to be slowly picking up.” Minwoo’s father nodded, patting his son’s head affectionately. “Thank you, Minwoo.”

“It’s nothing.” Minwoo shrugged, feeling a chilly presence appearing next to him.

“Did you guys have ?”

“Mom!” Minwoo widened his eyes at the random question, almost yelping out loud.

Donghyun chuckled lowly, hand loosely finding Minwoo’s waist.

“Donghyun, welcome back too.” Minwoo’s mother beamed, reaching out to give a slight hug. “Hope you guys had fun at your honeymoon!”

“Yes, Minwoo was a dear.” Donghyun smiled, hold around the said man tighter. “Thank you for coming to welcome us.”

“It’s nothing!” The lady waved off the thanks, then holding onto her son’s hands fondly. “Could we bring Minwoo home, though? It’s been so long since I’ve seen my baby!”

“That…” Donghyun cut in, effectively stopping the mother from pulling Minwoo towards her. “…may not be possible.”

Minwoo jerked his head in the direction of Donghyun, a subtle frown etched between his brows.

“I'm sorry, but Minwoo is married to me. I had someone bring his belongings over to our new house, so why don't I invite you over instead?” Donghyun smiled brilliantly. “We haven't settled in yet so it might be a bit messy, but we would love to have you.”

“Yes, sure!” Minwoo's mother chirped. “Darling, can you grab Minwoo's luggage? I need to check up on our son's life.”

Donghyun watched as Minwoo was whisked off from his hold, leaving him with his spouse’s father.

“It's nice to meet you, Donghyun-ssi.” The older man initiated.

“Please drop the formalities, you are Minwoo's father, and that makes me half your son.” Donghyun smiled, offering to take Minwoo's luggage instead.

“Ah, I was tasked to this by my wife-”

“But this is my spouse’s luggage.” Donghyun politely rejected.

Minwoo’s father pursed his lips as he considered the other’s argument, and finally nodded in agreement. The two men then walked together in silence, keeping their spouses a good distance away in view.

“…please take care of Minwoo.”

“I will.” Donghyun pressed his lips into a tight smile. “Don't worry.”
 

---


“Minwoo, I'm sorry.”

Minwoo turned sharply to his mother who kept her sights on the road before her.

“You may slowly realise that there are many things I'm not telling you, but it's all for the best.”

The young man chewed on his lower lip, knowing what the sentence meant.

“Be wary of him.” His mother's voice shook ever so slightly. “Promise me you will.”

“I will.”

“So, did you guys have ?”

Minwoo watched those dangerous eyes stare at them, and the too-bright smile on his mother.

There were so many things he didn't know.

And this ignorance isn't bliss.
 

---