Chapter 4

Untimely

Chapter 4

9---9


Minwoo shifted uncomfortably in his first class seat, turning to the man beside him who was reading some foreign magazine.

The man hadn’t talked to him ever since they checked in nor boarded the plane. Gone were the intrusive skinship, and in comes a composed expression that wouldn’t spare him so much of a glance.

“Hey.” Minwoo started, watching the other man be completely unaffected. “Yo, I’m talking to you.”

“You’re twenty-three years old.”

“Oh, you got that right.” Minwoo cheered sarcastically, holding his breath when those sharp eyes landed on him. “…what.”

“I’m six years older than you. Basic respect, kid.”

Minwoo made a face at that, blinking in realisation a second late. “Kid? Weren’t you calling me sweetheart like nobody’s business just a while ago?”

“Technically, we’re strangers who just met today.” Donghyun replied disinterestedly as he started reading his magazine once more.

Minwoo sighed dramatically and tried to find something fun to do with all the time he had as a twenty-first century youth without any internet.

“They should really start to invent internet on planes.” Minwoo grumbled, sinking into his seat.

Donghyun let himself be slightly amused.
 

---


“Seriously.” Donghyun said sharply.

Minwoo turned around with the most offended look he had, nevermind that it wasn’t the prettiest expression he could wear. “What?”

“Not you, sweetheart.” Donghyun smiled, hand loosely finding Minwoo’s waist. “They followed us along.”

“Who?” Minwoo blinked, looking around him but barely having a good look before Donghyun dragged him away. “I have legs I can control myself, bastard.”

“You don’t speak the prettiest things, do you?” Donghyun said, blowing a breath of air against Minwoo’s ear and watching him squirm. “Surely you have a nicer nickname for me.”

“I give credit where it’s due.” Minwoo nodded solemnly. “You’re hot, so I’ll call you hot bastard.”

The two of them stopped because of the taller man’s intent. Donghyun stared at Minwoo for a long while before sighing, as if trying to find his words for the entire period they paused in their tracks for. “Your parents really should have invested in your education.”

“ you.” Minwoo shot back.

“That won’t happen, sweetheart.” Donghyun started walking once more, the restraining grip pulling the younger man along. “I’m not into men.”

“What a coincidence, neither am I.” The younger man yawned, replying dryly.

“Have we finally met a consensus?”

“Does using big words fan your ego?” Minwoo asked curiously, remembering to attempt to blow some air against the taller man’s ear. “Like does it make you feel more intelligent or something? Something you need to do so as to not feel too sorry about yourself?”

“…” Donghyun took in a deep breath, slapping a fake smile on his face. “It means, have we found something we can agree on, darling?”

“What were we talking about?”

“It’s okay.” Donghyun muttered under his breath as if a chant for his own sanity. “Fools are cute, I like you.”

“You’re creepy.” Minwoo concluded, freeing himself for his passport check.

“I think I need to visit a psychiatrist soon.”
 

---


Minwoo smiled brightly at the receptionist who held out their room key, reminding himself to find the culprit who made sure there was only one room. He watched the lady swoon, and insisted in thanking her with his own language.

Nevermind that she doesn’t understand.

“Aah, I’m too hot to be married.” Minwoo lamented, whipping out his phone and checking his own reflection. “Earth is weeping.”

When he was finally satisfied with his current appearance, Minwoo tried to find the other guy he was supposed to share the room with. “I’ll leave you if you-”

The said man was on the phone while browsing his tablet as if making some arrangements. There was a subtle frown between those well-shaped brows.

Man, if only he had manners. He’s pretty damn hot and Minwoo doesn’t think he’ll actually mind going around boasting, “hey, this is my wife.”

“My wife.” Minwoo repeated after himself, wondering if he could call a man a wife. “Well, he’d have to live with it since I’m quite apparently the husband.”

Deciding that he should just lock Donghyun out of the room because No Minwoo was not a patient man, he headed towards the lift and was suddenly held back by a restraining grip around his wrist. “Where are you heading to, sweetheart?”

“I’m not your servant, hot bastard. I’m not about to wait around like a little puppy until you’re done with whatever you’re doing.” Minwoo stuck out his tongue childishly, but had Donghyun right by his side as they both headed to the lift.

“We have to enter our room together, darling.” Donghyun cooed, smiling prettily after pressing for the lift. “It’s our honeymoon, remember?”

“Where’s the honey? It’s 4 o’clock for god’s sake, there’s no moon.”

Donghyun felt his facial muscle twitch uncontrollably.

“And stop thinking I’m an idiot, it’s written all over your face.” Minwoo folded his arms. “Mind you, that was a joke.”

“Of course.” Donghyun chuckled lowly. “My sweetheart can be such a smooth joker.”

Minwoo led the way into the lift but rolled his eyes as he did so. “I’m not yours. I’m too magnificent to belong to anyone.”

Donghyun’s smile faded away as the lift door closed, reaching for his phone for some more business to settle.

Minwoo felt his mouth itch to say something, anything, to fill the silence.
 

---

I may have reached a writer's block with this T____T