Chapter 15

Untimely

Chapter 15

23---23


“Lee Jeongmin.”

“Yes, sir!” Jeongmin quickly got on his feet, eager for his first assignment.

A romantic escapade, an ugly embezzlement, whatever it was, he was ready to write it. The world of the rich which he could never be part of was always so fascinating. His mentor once said, every word he uses could make or break the subject he was writing about.

They were rich, but he was in power.

That had a nice ring.

Sure, people called reporters like him devils with no morals. But they are hypocrites; they snatch up all these juicy information within a second as soon as he publishes them.

So he’ll willingly play the antagonist – a veiled puppeteer hidden behind words.

Or so he thought, when his world came crashing down on him when his first assignment turned out to be-

“No Minwoo.”

Jeongmin blinked, waiting for his superior to continue and elaborate. “…is he…a…politician?”

“No.” The superior raised an unamused eyebrow.

“…a…superstar?”

“He’s a rich man’s son.”

Jeongmin shrugged lightly. “Okay…okay, a rich man’s son. What am I supposed to find? Some embezzlement he did in his father’s company?”

The superior chuckled a bit, shaking his head. “He’s unemployed.”

“Does he…have tapes with famous female celebrities?” Jeongmin tried, scratching his head unconsciously.

“All you have to do is go to his house and take pictures of him.” The superior then waved him away, returning back to his assigning work. “He’s eye candy, take some good ones. We get complaints if it’s too far of a shot. Make sure it’s in high definition.”

Jeongmin widened his eyes and let his legs crumble under his weight, entire body falling back into the swivel chair awaiting.

“What sort of stupid job is this?”

 

---


Jeongmin yawned as he waited at the café across said No Minwoo’s house. It was odd to have a café in the middle of all the residential houses, but the owner capitalised on the fact that the rich kid across the road had a fan base. All he did was free up his balcony and charge 10 dollars for a cup of coffee to every customer.

Pretty good business, he says. The owner even encouraged Jeongmin to come more often and offering discount as long as he promoted the café as a good location for spotting of the said rich kid. Post up those pictures he’s taking and then tag his café.

“I’ll consider.” Jeongmin laughed.

Jeongmin then took a sip of his coffee and stared across the road. He thought to first figure out No Minwoo’s schedule on when he exits his house so at least he doesn’t have to waste so much time if he’s assigned to do this stupid thing the next time.

Eyeing the photo his superior passed to him as reference, he pondered slightly. The Minwoo in the pictures looked human, but the pixels were too large to determine whether or not he’s that worth the time Jeongmin’s wasting in this café.

After about an hour, a figure emerged from the door, and Jeongmin quickly had his camera ready.

Male. That’s great. No Minwoo was the only son of the Nos.

A snap.

His entire figure was pretty thin. Another snap.

His hair was styled casually, wearing a white shirt and ripped jeans. Two more snaps.

His face was still hidden as he concentrated on his phone. Jeongmin packed up his belongings and hurried out of the café.

Jeongmin strolled up confidently towards the guy and watched him from his viewfinder.

“Hey.” Jeongmin called out, watching Minwoo look up confusedly and capturing the expression in a series of clicks. He his heels and made a dash for it, leaving the subject in a daze.

“Hey, wait!” Minwoo yelled, finally understanding the situation. He ran after the said man but lost in terms of speed. A minute in and his poor lungs were on fire. “…whatever. I would have posed for you if you asked.”

Minwoo took a deep breath to replace the used up oxygen, then coughing out the remaining…remaining…

“Nitrogen.” Minwoo nodded along with his words. “All these nitrogen in the air.”

Deciding to return back to the yard at home, he didn’t notice a figure following after him. Nope, because No Minwoo was on a very important mission.

His mother made him leave the house to water the plants because he’s such a lazy bum, but the problem is he never had to water the plants. At least he has his phone, and his phone has the internet, which contains vast knowledge on how to water plants.

Reading the first article that popped out, Minwoo headed back towards his house and found himself flailing his arms around for balance. “Ah!”

Jeongmin stifled a laugh from behind a neighbour’s tree.

“Stupid rock.” Minwoo scowled at the rock, pulling his leg back to ready himself for a kick. “Go find your ugly friends.”

Satisfied with the rock that was kicked onto the road, Minwoo let himself read rule number 5 – give the right water quantity.

“Not too little, not too much.” Minwoo pressed his lips into a thin line before letting his annoyance show. “Well genius, who the hell understand what is too little and too much?”


He stomped along and didn’t notice the lamppost before him, and Jeongmin readied himself for a show.

Minwoo knocked hard into the lamppost and fell on his bottom, yelling in pain. “Stupid! Stupid lamppost! How dare you knock me over!”

Jeongmin reviewed the photo he took, smiling softly while having Minwoo’s continuous cursing of lampposts being useless, ugly sticks as background noise. The Minwoo in his picture, as if a deer caught headlights, had widened eyes and parted pouty lips which fitted his other features perfectly. He was cute, pretty damn cute.

Better yet, he had a super amusing personality to go with his looks.

Taking pictures of No Minwoo might turn out to be pretty fun.

 

---

TBH I kinda am not writing much recently but I realised I have stored up chapters so might as well let them see the light.
Sorry to the readers, I have a bad record of completing my stories so I usually stick to one shots lolz.