Chapter 11

Untimely

Chapter 11

19---19


Donghyun’s face twitched uncontrollably, staring at the most dignified expression he ever saw his spouse wore. “…sorry?”

Minwoo sighed exasperatedly as if mocking the older man’s incapability of comprehending such an easy rule. “Wear hot pink underwear every day.”

Taking in a deep breath and slapping a smile on his face, Donghyun turned to Minwoo and tried his kindest voice. “Why?”

“They are my rules. You don’t question why.” Minwoo shrugged, enjoying his breakfast by stabbing the cocktail sausages prepared.

“Minwoo, are you gay?”

“Hey, don’t drop formal language with me.” Minwoo scowled. “We aren’t on those terms, bastard.”

“Minwoo-ssi, are you gay?”

“Of course not, what the hell?!”

Donghyun paused and tried not to comment on the delayed response. “Okay, so why do you bother about the colour of my underwear?”

“I want to make you as uncomfortable as possible.” Minwoo nodded in agreement with himself. “You create rules and cause me inconvenience and think you can just go scot-free? Nah-uh, not in my territory.”

“This house is bought with my family’s money.” Donghyun corrected.

Minwoo waved away those words as if swatting away flies. “We’re married, I own half the property.”

“The deed is under my name.”

“…what is a deed?”

Donghyun took in a deep breath, using all of his self-control to resist facepalming. “Minwoo-ssi, do you intend to look at my underwear every day?”

“What the , bastard, I don’t swing that way!”

Letting out the breath of air he held, Donghyun nodded slowly. “And if you don’t intend to look at it, you won’t be able to confirm it either.”

“All I need to see is your very uncomfortable expression.”

“Minwoo-ssi.” Donghyun smiled mockingly. “I don’t need a hot pink underwear to make me feel uncomfortable. I’m suffocating in this conversation with you already.”
 

---


Donghyun got ready to leave for work after breakfast. He stopped in his tracks before exiting the house and told Minwoo he can come up with a hundred rules for all he cares as long as they are not as ridiculous as wearing hot pink underwear every day.

“My rules are for these two years to be as painless as possible. If you insist on making this journey a difficult one, do not blame me for the price you have to pay in exchange.” The older man warned.

“Bastard.” Minwoo called after the leaving man. “May someone scratch your expensive car with a key.”

“Thank you for your concern, darling.”

Stomping off, because it still felt like Donghyun had an advantage in this relationship, Minwoo climbed up the stairs to his room and the computer for a stress relieving game.

“You’re just afraid that hot pink underwear will compromise your flimsy sense of masculinity, noob.”
 

---


“AHA, YOU BUNCH OF LOSERS!” Minwoo squealed, finger movements increasingly rapid. “Haven’t got your owned before, huh?”

“Yes, yes! Oh lord, how long has it been since I had a sane ally? I love you, man, let’s screw those noobs.”

Scrolling around the game map and clicking on his mouse viciously, Minwoo continued yelling out attacks and colourful strings of words.

“Minwoo-ssi.” A knock. “I’m leaving your lunch outside your door.”

“KILL HIM! KILL HIM!”

Frantic smashing of the keyboard keys.

“OH MY GOD WE DID IT.”

Minwoo clapped his hands gleefully and waited for the game to exit back to the home screen. He vaguely remembered a knock on his door and decided to check it out.

“Oh, lunch.” Minwoo shrugged, picking up the tray. “Thank you for the food!”

“You’re welcome.” A voice from the first level replied.

Minwoo closed the door with his foot and placed the tray before his computer, deciding to check out his stats for the game while digging into lunch.

“Maybe I should try that new character. The new update seems pretty interesting.” Minwoo hummed. “Oh, I’m going to level up!”

He browsed around some more and took another bite of his lunch.

A small smile.

“What am I doing with my life.”

Four days into his new life and he was already on the brink of insanity.
 

---


“This doesn’t make sense.” Minwoo folded his arms as he laid on his bed while staring at his uninteresting ceiling. “I’m stuck in this house with nothing better to do and no one to talk to. that bastard.”

A pause.
 
“ myself, why am I obeying the rules anyway?!” Minwoo kicked his legs in the air to sit up. “Time to go visit mom!”

Picking out outdoor clothes and arranging his bed hair neatly at half past two, Minwoo smiled at the mirror held out a thumbs-up.

“Gorgeous as always. I love you too.”

Reaching for his phone, Minwoo dialled a number with practised ease and waited for it to ring twice.

“Hey mom, I’m coming over.”
 

---


“I MISSED YOU, MY BEAUTIFUL BABY.” Minwoo stumbled back a few steps as his mother pounced onto him, kissing him senseless. “It’s been so long since I saw this piece of art I created.”

“Walking masterpiece.” The young man corrected, returning the tight hug. “Any fun stuff to do around here?”

“It’s been so boring without you!” His mother faked a sob, but quickly hooked her arm around her son’s. “There’s this new drama that’s the rage though, come watch it with me.”

“What’s the plot?” Minwoo yawned. “Mom, some juice.”

“Rich man, poor girl, unconvincing love story.” His mother replied disinterestedly. “I’ve got carrot, baby.”

“I want apple, mom.”

“Oh well, had to try.” She laughed, offering the glass of juice. “But the rich guy is super hot.”

“Hm…” Minwoo rubbed his chin thoughtfully, letting his mom fill him in about the plot he missed. “Hey, he’s pretty hot.”

“Right?!”

“That perm needs to go though.”

“RIGHT?!”

“And put him in some hot pink underwear.”

“MINWOO, YOU’RE MY SOULMATE.” His mother squealed, cuddled up against him. “I should have met you twenty years ago.”

“Mom, you shouldn’t be trying to marry your son.” Minwoo said, adjusting his posture while hugging the sofa cushion. “Maybe I should have a pool made at my backyard like that too.”

“You don’t swim.” Minwoo’s mother blinked. “Minwoo, you almost drowned the last time you tried to go into a jacuzzi.”

“No one told me a jacuzzi could kill.”

The pair of mother and son looked at each other and Minwoo narrowed his eyes when the silence extended for too long.

“What.”

“It’s okay. Stupidity is endearing.”

“MOM!”
 

---