Chapter 6

Untimely

Chapter 6

9---9


Rolling around as he stirred awake, Minwoo carelessly threw a pillow and wondered when his mother filled his room with so many pillows. There was barely any space for his body, and she should really stop with her stupid games because he’s twenty three, an adult, all ready to get married and have-

Wait.

There was something scary about the idea of getting married.

There’s the possibility of the other party being a guy, nevermind that he is hot because apparently he will be having with a woman on the first day of their supposed honeymoon.

Ah, what a nightmare.

Thank goodness he’s still at home and the minute he wakes up, he’ll turn on the computer and start owning the noobs on the internet.

“If you’re awake, stop lazing around.”

When did his mother have such a deep voice?

His father should be at work and there is no other man in his household.

Must be dreaming.

Minwoo yelped when a pillow hit him, and he threw it back carelessly in the direction it came from.

“I’m not here for a pillow fight, kid.”

Kid, what kid?

He’s twenty three, an adult, all ready to get married and have-

“.” Minwoo shouted, sitting up and widening his eyes at the general direction of the voice. He winced at the morning light, hand instinctively reaching to shield his eyes as he slowly got used to the silhouette basking in the sun.

“Of course, the first word an uneducated man says in the morning is something so uncultured.” Donghyun nodded in agreement with himself as he raised his head from the foreign newspapers he was reading. “It’s 11 o’clock, get ready if you don’t want to miss breakfast.”

“…” Minwoo dropped himself back onto the bed and hid under the covers once more.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Donghyun sighed, pulling the covers away in a swift move. “I am, so go get changed.”

“If you’re so hungry, you can go yourself.” Minwoo replied snappily back, using the many pillows as his covers instead. He asked for about 10 of them last night and built a small cove for him to suffocate under because of the disgusting sounds he heard from the other room.

“We’re married, sweetheart.” Donghyun smiled softly, throwing the pillows far away and reaching down to caress Minwoo’s cheeks and smoothen out the bed hair. “So get out of bed before I drag you.”

Minwoo laughed humourlessly at the fake sweetness. “Married? What married? That didn’t seem to stop you from ing that woman last night. You can go grab breakfast with her.”

“Paparazzi followed us along.” Donghyun’s face hardened. “If the news of us being this way gets out, your father’s company is as good as gone and your sacrifice is as good as for nothing.”

Minwoo stared back, and watching Donghyun break out into a small smile.

“So won’t you be a sweetheart and get ready to have a nice breakfast with me?”
 

---


Minwoo stomped as he walked to make his displeasure as obvious as possible, the intrusive hand around him feeling more and more gross.

He touched that woman’s body.

They had last night.

, why is he blushing about this? Damn him and his ity.

Minwoo tried to shift further from the other man but got reeled back in.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” Donghyun pressed close and leaned towards Minwoo’s ears. “Stay close.”

Squirming away from having his ears tickled by the exhalation of the other, Minwoo glared and watched Donghyun smile sickeningly back.

“There are about five of them here in all directions, so don’t do anything out of sort.”

Minwoo finally got away to grab his own breakfast from the buffet-style set up, mumbling his hatred for the world and his unfortunate marriage to a bastard. He dropped the plate onto the table a bit too loudly as he settled in his seat next to Donghyun, and the man had the nerves to offer a piece of bread with butter spread in efforts to feed him.

The hand that looked like it was ready to catch the crumbs were actually forcing his mouth open.

“Why are you so bothered, anyway?” Donghyun said lowly, face all smiles. “We’re married against our wills, you can go find yourself a woman too.”

“Respect, bastard.” Minwoo smiled widely back, stabbing a lump of butter and offering it to Donghyun. “Enjoy this, darling.”

“Thank you, sweetheart.” Donghyun chuckled, not letting the overwhelming taste of butter affect him. “If you could keep this up, we’re good.”

“Of course I could!” Minwoo laughed loudly, reaching for a packet of sugar and tearing it off.

Donghyun watched in secret horror as the younger man filled a spoon with sugar and cooed him to ingest it. The smile on Minwoo’s face was blinding.

“Darling, may you die early from diabetes.”
 

---


“Since you understand what’s going on, might as well tell you straight.” Donghyun started, letting the local taxi bring them around. “I’m heading to a local museum right now and had the entire place reserved for me. I’ll be going in alone to meet her, so you can have all the time you want and we’ll meet at 7 o’clock before going back to the hotel together.”

Minwoo widened his eyes.

“There are a lot of local attractions around the museum so there should be enough for you to pass time with. The museum is easy to spot so you won’t get lost, all you need is to keep time.”

“Aren’t you the one conscious of paparazzi? What would they think if they see me going around alone?” Minwoo shot back, chewing nervously on his bottom lip.

“As long as they can’t find any evidence against us, being apart doesn’t mean anything, sweetheart.” Donghyun smiled, ruffling the younger’s hair. “Being the idiot you are, you probably didn’t exchange the currency, yeah?”

The older man reached for his wallet and grabbed a stash of money, placing them in Minwoo’s hand. “This is enough to last you a week, but I’m giving it to you for the day.”

Minwoo stared hard at the foreign currency in his hand, seeing the said museum come into sight way too quickly.
 

---

Sighsss, I'm feeling like this is really draggy :(