Chapter 10

Untimely

Chapter 10

19---19


“Come sit here, darling.” Donghyun gestured to the seat beside him after Minwoo’s parents left. “We have a few rules to set.”

“Rules?” Minwoo reluctantly dragged his feet as he walked to the sofa and dropped himself on the furthest end. “What rules?”

“Rules to make sure these two years are as painless as possible.” Donghyun shrugged. “First-”

“Wait.”

“What?”

“Stop acting like you’re superior.” Minwoo folded his arms. “I’m not your puppet. Why do you get to decide on the rules?”

Donghyun sighed in defeat, turning to the younger. “Alright, what rules do you have?”

Blinking, because he didn’t think Donghyun was so compliant, Minwoo quickly tried to think of one. “Um.”

“Take your time.” Donghyun said, beckoning the housekeeper over. “Get me a cup of coffee. What do you want?”

“Apple juice.”

The housekeeper nodded, going into the kitchen to prepare the said drinks.

“Stop cheating on me.” Minwoo nodded in agreement to himself. “It’s rude.”

Donghyun pressed his lips together at the words, hand reached out to ruffle Minwoo’s hair with a soft smile. “I’m not cheating on you, darling.”

You’re cheating on her.

“Whatever.” Minwoo swatted the hand away, even more displeased. “I’ll add a rule when I think of one, you go first.”

“First, housekeeping will be done by the housekeeper, all you need to do is stay low. You’re free to do whatever you want as long as you keep up the loving marriage façade.” Donghyun stated smoothly as if he rehearsed it somewhere or was just a good speaker. He thanked the housekeeper for the drinks and dismissed her for the day, before turning his attention back onto Minwoo. “I won’t interfere with whatever business you have, so don’t interfere with mine.”

“For example, your affair.” Minwoo commented bitterly.

Donghyun ignored the comment, continuing. “Second, we’ll stay in different rooms on the second level, but there is a master bedroom on the same floor that is completely furnished. When your parents or any of our acquaintances come over, we will temporarily retreat into that room, otherwise we’ll be using the two rooms separately beside it. The fewer the number of people who knows about our true relationship, the better.”

“”What about your parents?”

“They don’t come over, they won’t. In any case, they know about us.”

“My-”

“Your parents don’t, and I highly suggest you don’t run your mouth with them.”

Minwoo bit the insides of his cheeks and thought that maybe this was to his advantage. “Right.”

“Third, don’t visit your parents too often.”

Minwoo scrunched up his face. “You just said I could do anything I want.”

“It reflects badly on me. You don’t see married couples visiting their parents so often. When they do, it’s symbolic of something wrong with the couple’s relationship.” Donghyun explained. “Other than that, you can run free.”

“…”

“Fourth, in public, I’ll call you Minwoo-ssi and you call me Donghyun-ssi. Please brush up your vocabulary when you can so I won’t be so embarrassed bringing you to public events.” Donghyun chuckled slightly at the ugly expression Minwoo made. “I’ll try not to arrange for events that require you to appear and talk, but when I have to, speak prettily. It’ll do wonders on our share prices.”

“…whatever.”

“You’ll do fine. You’re easy on the eyes, anyway.” Donghyun shrugged, taking a sip of coffee. “That’s all from me.”

“I’m more than just easy on the eyes, bastard.”

“Yes, you’re very attractive.” Minwoo fidgeted slightly at the compliment and a smile sent his way. “You were glowing at the airport. Keep a smile on your pretty face.”

“Anyway!” Minwoo cleared his throat, stabbing his finger in the air to point at Donghyun. “I’ll continue thinking of my rules and update you again.”

Standing up abruptly and downing his apple juice in one shot, Minwoo hurriedly retreated to his room and decide to make it his safe haven from henceforth.

“Good night.”
 

---


“He’s creepy.” Minwoo let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding, leaning against his locked door. “He goes back and forth like he has some sort of personality disorder.”

Turning the knob of his door to make sure it was properly locked from the monster he married, Minwoo took a few steps into his new room. Most of his belongings were already arranged nicely by his mother, and he wanted nothing more than to test the springiness of his new bed but decided to change into more comfortable clothes first.

Once he was done, Minwoo dived head first for his new bed and sank comfortably into the fluffy covers.

“For now, I guess I should just listen to him.” Minwoo chewed on his lower lip unhappily. “And think of some rules so he doesn’t get too comfortable.”

Pondering deeply, Minwoo remembered Donghyun’s smile and shuddered.

“You were glowing at the airport. Keep a smile on your pretty face.”

“, stop fantasising about that bastard, you .” Minwoo hissed, burying his head under his pillow. “Think of rules, idiot.”

Groaning, because he realised he didn’t know enough about Donghyun to know what would piss him off, Minwoo was all about to hit the hay and get his beauty sleep-

“I’m going to make him wear hot pink underwear every day.”
 

---