Chapter 2

Untimely

Chapter 2

8---8
 

When Minwoo finally cleared his head, which is fifteen hours later when he was nudged awake and threatened to have a morning shower or his mother will personally bathe him, he heard the most shocking revelation in his twenty three years of living.

“Come on, you need to be fresh when you’re signing those marriage papers.” Minwoo’s mother dragged her son off the bed, positioning herself so she had the best access to the young man’s ears. “You’re getting married today!”

“…married today, yeah…” Minwoo yawned. “WHAT?!”

“I told you yesterday, Minwoo.” His mother sighed dramatically. “You’re too young to have a memory loss.”

“You did NOT.” Minwoo widened his eyes but crawled back up onto his bed. “What a nightmare.”

“I told you you are getting married today, going on your honeymoon on Friday, and if you don’t get out of bed right now, I’m really going to bathe you like you’re five years old.” The lady stood akimbo, hands reaching under Minwoo’s shirt. “Maybe it’s a good time to see how well my son grew up…”

“MOM.” Minwoo shrieked, grabbing his mother’s hand and rolling out of bed in defeat. “You’re such a ert, goodness, go dad if you’re so deprived.”

“Your manners are so awful.” The older woman clicked her tongue, watching her son stand to his full height. Hm, a bit lacking. “It’s not a big affair, just visit the lawyer’s firm to sign some papers. Your spouse already signed yesterday, so it’s a done deal baby.”

Minwoo stared at the full length mirror and started admiring his unearthly looks.

He was a masterpiece the gods created for humans to worship.

He will not belong to anyone.

“Mom, I'm not going through with this.”

“Alright then. Let's live in poverty. You dropped out of school because you didn't like to study and we let you because we had the money but let's just live in poverty.” His mother sang, adding a little dance while she was at it. “I wonder if you'd need to work at a fast food restaurant or...”

“...mom.”

“Honey, you're not as educated as an average man because you were so spoilt.” Minwoo’s mother started, hugging him from the back and staring at the mirror as well.

“You guys spoilt me.”

“You let us spoil you! And we had the money and company left for you, but of course now that it's in trouble you'll just throw it down the drain...” She started arranging a few stray hairs off her own face, eyes fixed on herself.

Minwoo sighed, and decided it was an ugly expression on his face.

“... so I just need to sign the papers?”

“Uh-huh. Think of it as your first contract.”

“A contract.” Minwoo repeated.

“A contract. I'm sure both of you aren't too keen on this idea and will screw around until one day you realise you're madly in love with each other and POOF! Happy ending.” His mother laughed, then pushing Minwoo into the bathroom. “Otherwise you can just continue with the bad end. I'm cool both ways.”

“I'm going to sign this contract but say one last thing.” Minwoo said with face serious and hand on the bathroom door knob.

“What?”

“You need to stop playing otome games.”

A slam.

“But they are fun!”
 

---

Thank you for the support, guys :D
Hopefully we'll have a lot of fun with this story, I'll try my best~!