Chapter 1

Untimely

Chapter 1

7---7

 
“My baby, I've got a few things I need to tell you.” A lady called out, knocking on the door of her early twenties son's room. “Hello, your beautiful mother is outside the door, you know?”

The rapid knocks turn more furious, and the young man that hid in his room let out a loud yelp when the door was kicked open.

“Why did you spoil my door?” The man whined, attention quickly turned back to his computer.

“Stop gaming, Minwoo. Your mother wants to talk to you.” The said mother took in a deep breath, staring at the back of her son's head. Such a beautiful head of unkempt hair- “NO MINWOO!”

“What!” Minwoo screamed back. “Stop feeding, you bastards!”

“Minwoo, I'm unplugging that thing.”

“Wait, wait, it's ending!” Minwoo hurriedly replied instinctively to protect his treasure. “Mom, there's nothing more urgent than my game right now!”

“Yeah, well, of course there's nothing more urgent than your game right now, since you're getting married tomorrow.”

There was a furious typing on the keyboard, and Minwoo shook agitatedly. “All you noobs! Go back to your mother!”

“Your language, young man.” His very own mother stated in a lazy voice. “The person you will be marrying is another man.”

“, stop stealing my kills!”

“Your honeymoon is scheduled on this coming Friday, though since you're jobless you probably have all the time to go for it.” His mother chuckled, blowing air on her nails that seemed more interesting than the back of her son’s head. “I need a new manicure.”

“Noobs! Every last one of you! Drop dead!”

“So anyway, it's kind of sudden but I'm sure you'll manage.”

“! WHY IS IT LAGGING! MY INTERNET IS ING PRIORITY CLASS, WHY ARE YOU LAGGING?!” Minwoo shrieked, flattening as his in-game character died from the lag. “I'm quitting this game, bunch of losers.”

Minwoo exited the game and reached out his hand to turn on the radio. He then swirled his swivel chair for half a round with the most peaceful expression ever, a smile to lighten the atmosphere. “So yeah, what did you say?”

Minwoo's mother sighed dramatically, tugging on her hair for extra effects. “Really? I need to repeat all of that?”

The young man let his gaze drift to the door. “Oh, did you break my door?”

“Minwoo, you're getting married.”

“WHAT?” Minwoo yelled, face struck with disbelief as his brain tried to comprehend the words. “Oh. Is she hot?”

Perhaps it was the subliminal messages his mother placed by making Minwoo watch dramas with her, but Minwoo seemed to know he would be marrying someone his parents chose since he was both rich and jobless.

Except-

“It's a man you're getting married to.” Minwoo's mother repeated, dragging Minwoo off his chair so the pair of mother and son could share an intimate moment on her son's bed. Minwoo struggled against his mother's death grip over his mouth, his mouth blocked so he can't cut her off. “Your father's company is in trouble and this marriage should save it. They are having some troubles as well so they agreed. Both sides only have sons so the both of you will have to do.”

Satisfied with her own speech, she released her son and watched Minwoo gasp for air. “Mom, does that even make sense?”

“We just need a bond and both parties have something to gain from it. No one's asking you to be faithful.” The lady shrugged. “It doesn't matter if the other party is a girl or a guy then.”

“I'm not so much of a romanticist but this is wrong.” Minwoo rolled his eyes, standing up to return to his comfortable swivel chair. “I'm not doing it.”

“Honey, I'm sorry we have to put you through this but your father's company will fall through without it.” His mother pouted cutely, tugging his arms. “Pretty please, my sweet cupcake?”

“Mom, you're too old to act cute-”

“Watch your words, young man.” She cut Minwoo off with a literal karate chop, laughing heartily as her son winced in pain and fell back onto the bed he tried to leave. “Anyway, it's not going to be a big affair. You'll just sign some papers and move in with him.”

“That's so shady...”

“Did my baby want to wear a wedding dress?” His mother cooed, grinning as she hugged Minwoo tightly. “Granted, you'd look half as beautiful as me if you were to wear one.”

“...mom. One, I'm prettier than you. Two, why did you immediately assume I'm the one with a dress?” Minwoo replied disinterestedly, planning ways to escape the headlock as painlessly as possible.

“Rude, rude, rude!” Minwoo's mother clicked her tongue and pinched the young man's cheeks. “You haven't seen your spouse, but he doesn't look like he'll give you the upper hand.”

“Mom, I'm not going to let some other guy jerk me around!” Minwoo yelled, trying to free his sore cheeks from the evil witch.

“Still, between the two of you, you'd look better in a dress.” His mother shrugged.

“I think you're crazy.”

“Brat!” She shot, but gave a toothy smile soon after. “It's okay, there's no ceremony. We'll get you guys rings though, so sign the papers, wear the rings and off you go on your honeymoon.”

“Mom -”

“You guys need to get to know each other to keep up on the appearance. At least get used to each other's faces. He's good on the eyes, you'll do fine.” Minwoo's mother pat his back as if to assure him, finally releasing the twenty-three years old son that still felt like a baby to her. “Your father and I met like that too!”

Minwoo scrunched his nose, staring at his mother. “No, you said you met him in-”

“That's just a story I made up, you were so young and believed in fairytales and Santa! Of course I'll keep my baby in blissful oblivion.” His mother clapped her hands, chuckling as she headed towards the door.

“...I'm starting to think there was something wrong in this household's parenting.” Minwoo sighed.

Minwoo’s mother turned back and blew him a kiss he refused to catch. “It's too late, you're now an adult and ready to be married off.”
 

---

I have rated this M for language for those who subscribed early! It's a bit vulgar but hey, Minwoo's a 21st century boy ahahaha. 
*gets thrown into a pool of cement*
I'm sorry T_______T;; but I think he's kinda cute this way so bear with me >_<

It will start of a bit light-heartedly! And thanks to everyone who subscribed <3