Chapter 5

Untimely

Chapter 5

9---9


“This place is so…” Minwoo scratched his head and took a second to admire the size of the VIP suite. “…small.”

“It’s the biggest they have, so deal with it.”

Minwoo paused, turning around to see Donghyun tap busily onto his tablet.

He reached for the curtains to draw it back, curious of the- “Ah, the view is crap too.”

”It’s the best they have, so deal with it.”

Minwoo turned around, lips pursed out unhappily as the man continued to settle unknown stuff.

“Am I talking to the wall?” Minwoo fumed, stomping towards the said man and snatching the offensive tablet away. “I’m talking to you, hot bastard.”

He was fed up with trying to initiate a conversation with Donghyun and having the voice in his head answer him instead. Surely this man could try to act a bit more interested in the room they were staying in, right?

“Give it back.” Donghyun glared dangerously. “I won’t ask twice.”

“What’s so interesting about this-” Minwoo blinked, staring at his now empty hand. He turned back to stare daggers at Donghyun’s head, huffing before turning his attention to his own luggage. “Whatever.”
 

---


“Stupid, stupid, stupid.” Minwoo cursed, hugging his change of clothes as he entered the bathroom. “May he slip and fall on wet floor and suffer a concussion.”

While Donghyun was annoying when he spoke, he got on the younger man’s nerves even more when he didn’t. At least if he talked, it seemed like they could slowly get over their differences and learn to live life as husband and wife (of course, Minwoo’s the husband). But then he will, all of a sudden, lose all his ability to speak and busy himself with whatever uninteresting thing he has on hand.

First a magazine, and then a tablet.

How dare he ignore this ethereal presence right before him?

An existence the gods themselves regretted sending away from heaven.

Minwoo looked at the large mirror in the bathroom and fixed his fringe. “All the goodness in front of his eyes and he looks away. May he suffer an arrow to his eye.”

Pleased with his appearance, Minwoo leaned closer to the mirror and his face a little more. “I think I’m growing a pimple, oh lord. All this stress must be giving me skin troubles.”

“Think happy thoughts, Minwoo.” Minwoo smiled brightly, almost blinded by himself. “You are beautiful. You will win this pimple and it will disappear. Now, where did I put all those expensive skincare products…?”

Sighing when he realised he’d have to leave the bathroom and view that sickening face once more, the unearthly creature stomped out in favour of teaching that pimple a lesson.

Donghyun stayed in the position Minwoo left him in, still on his piece of electronic junk.

Minwoo stomped very loudly back into the bathroom when he found his weapons to exterminate that pimple, face completely displeased with the human who didn’t spare him so much of a glance.

“He’s not worth it, Minwoo.” Minwoo patted his own head, nodding in agreement. “One day he’ll turn blind and regret he didn’t stare at you for a second longer.”
 

---


By the time Minwoo finished bathing and fighting his pimple, the man walked out from the steamy bathroom and expected to be kissed at his feet.

Surely he realised the folly of his actions and would be begging for forgiveness.

But the room was empty.

Minwoo blinked, looking to the card holder where the card sit nicely in and supplied the electricity for the entire suite. If he left the room, surely he needed the card since they only had one.

Hah, if he expects Minwoo to nicely open the door for him then he is sorrowfully mistaken.

“Stay outside for all I care. Sleep on the cold hard floor outside!” Minwoo yelled at the door in annoyance, rubbing his towel against his hair.

“The floor is carpeted.” Donghyun replied amusedly, entering from another door.

…another…door?

“Oh, we had another room?” Minwoo blinked, heading towards the door and was met with Donghyun who stood right before it, blocking his way. “Hey, let me see it too.”

“This door is the connecting door between two suites.” Donghyun narrowed his eyes on the shorter man. “I’m sleeping in the other suite tonight so you can have this place all to yourself.”

“Oh.” Minwoo nodded in understanding. “So that’s why you were so busy on your tablet. You were getting an extra room!”

“Anyway, it’s time for dinner, so let’s go down and grab some food.” Donghyun said, walking to the door. “You take too long in the shower.”

“Because I’m precious.” Minwoo flicked his fringe to the side, scanning his own attire and believing it was good enough for public eye. “Every part of me requires tender loving care.”

Donghyun ignored the younger and reached for the card key, leaving Minwoo to trail after him.
 

---


Only after dinner, 8 hours since meeting Donghyun, did he finally understand what was going on.

Minwoo hid under the hotel covers and buried himself under pillows on the bed he gets to monopolise.

Because the man he was married to is currently making love to someone else right behind that connecting door.

He heard all that he didn’t want to thanks to the thin walls, and his situation hit him harder with the words he hear.

“I love you.”

“He has an affair immediately?” Minwoo groaned, curling himself up even more. “We've literally been married for less than a week!”

“Some basic respect.” Minwoo huffed when the sounds were still as vivid ever, then reaching for the phone to call for more pillows and hopefully build a sound barrier.

It was going to be a long night.
 

---

Welp, there's the revelation.