Chapter 3

Untimely

Chapter 3

9---9


Minwoo dragged his luggage along with him and brought with him his irrational hatred for the world. His mother had packed his luggage for his honeymoon and added baby clothes saying he should bring back grandson for her.


“Mom. We are both guys. There's no way any of us two can get pregnant and there's no way I'm ing him either.” Minwoo tried explaining, picking out the pink frilly baby clothes and he sincerely wondered when his mother picked these out.

“He's gonna you, darling.”

“...mom, I really need you on my side.” Minwoo groaned, throwing out the baby clothes. “How do you look at your son and say he's gonna get ed by another man?”

“But you're so cute, you're definitely gonna be the one receiving! Just wait till you see him, you'll receive the chills because he's so hot.” His mother laughed, swatting the air as if swatting his complaints away.

“...actually, that doesn't make sense. You won't get cold if someone's hot.” Minwoo rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

“Well, he takes up all the heat so all you're left with is cold.”  The lady rebutted with a light shrug.

“Mom, I'm not super educated but I'm not stupid either.”

“Sometimes I wish you were.” She sighed loudly. “Stupidity is endearing, you're a brat.”

“MOM!”



“She didn't even give me a photo, who the hell am I supposed to look for?” Minwoo grumbled, stomping his feet with every step as if it made him feel better. He turned the ring that fitted his ring finger perfectly, only just realising there must have been a name on it. “I'll just take a look inside it...”

Minwoo then stopped in his tracks and removed his ring. Tilting it and squinting to read the small words, he found himself mumbling along.

“...Kim Donghyun.”

“I was expecting someone cuter but you'd do.” A well-dressed man came up to him, checking him out from top to toe. “Not very fashionable, hard to believe you're the prized son of the Nos.”

“What? Who the hell do you think you are?” Minwoo scrunched up his face at the insult.

This man is hot, but he's a total snob.

Hey, that rhymes!

“You just called my name, idiot.” The man gave an unamused look, slinging his arm around Minwoo’s shoulder and forcing the other to walk. “Kim Donghyun, your husband.”

“Get your hands off me!” Minwoo shouted, being held onto tighter with a merciless squeeze. “Ouch!”

“The media's here. Your parents announced it last night that we were leaving the country today.” He stated sharply. “It was a breeze to find you since the cameras were all on you while you fiddled with your ring.”

“...there are cameras?”

“God, am I married to a retard?” Donghyun sighed, arm dropped to hold Minwoo's waist. “Whatever it is, let them take pictures of us being lovey-dovey so the share prices of both our companies soar. The public accepts this sort of nonsense. We'll keep this up until we enter the departure hall.”

“Hold up, man.” Minwoo tried stopping in his tracks but was literally dragged along. “I’m not your doll, why are you holding onto me like I’m supposed to take on some submissive role?”

“Hm?” Donghyun asked distractedly, a smile spread across his lips. “Did you say something, sweetheart?”

“Hell, that’s disgusting!” Minwoo yelled, annoyed at being the grip around his waist that was forcefully guiding his tracks. He raised his arm and let it go over Donghyun’s shoulder, smirking victoriously. “This is better.”

“Hey darling, do you know how short you are?” Donghyun said, raising back to his full height and letting Minwoo’s arm be awkwardly raised. “So be a doll and stop trying to prove your masculinity.”

“I’m a man, you bastard.” Minwoo snapped back, unconvinced. He dragged his arm back down with as much strength as possible, yelping when he was suddenly swept off his feet and carried in the other man’s arms. “Put me down!”

“I said the media’s watching.” Donghyun pressed his lips close to Minwoo’s ears, watching him squirm. “I’ll put you down now, sweetheart.”

Minwoo huffed while adjusting his clothes, only given a second before he was guided back on tracks to the departure hall he needs to be at. “I’m not done with this, okay. I demand to be the man of the relationship.”

“A man of the relationship shouldn’t have so many weaknesses.” The poised man chuckled, blowing air softly against Minwoo’s ear and watching him flinch. “You’re sensitive at your ears, little doll.”

“Yeah, right. Like you’re not sensitive at your ears.” Minwoo rolled his eyes, giving the same attack back and watching Donghyun smile at him. “Look forward, I’m trying to aim at your ear.”

“You’re cute.”

“I’m more than just cute, you bastard.” Minwoo replied dryly, raising his fingers and getting ready to count. “I’m drop-dead gorgeous, jaw-dropping beautiful, eyes-popping attractive-”

“Do you realise how many adjectives you just used that are usually used for females?”

“-mouth-watering appealing- what? There’s a difference?” Minwoo scrunched up his nose.

“And you really don’t need to use so many cheap words to blow your own trumpet.” Donghyun sighed softly.

“I don’t play the trumpet.” Minwoo clicked his tongue disapprovingly. “Do your research better. I was forced to learn the piano though.”

Donghyun paused and Minwoo jerked back due to the grip still around his waist. “…did you graduate high school?”

Minwoo blinked, stomping forward while dragging his luggage along with him in fake nonchalance.
 

---

AND THEY MEET.
AREN'T YOU EXCITED 'CAUSE I AM.