Cute Socks

School Wars

"Didn't think of you to be the type to quit so easily. With you pent-up aggression I thought you'd be the type to fight to a bitter end."

 

"I am. I just got mad." Soonyoung pauses. "Thanks for that."

 

"Our interests align. I dislike the head more than I dislike you, which is an achievement in itself."

 

"Same." There's a small moment of mutual understanding.

 

Seungkwan runs panting towards the two of them, before observing both quizzically.

 

"Why aren't you biting each other's heads off? Not that I'm complaining, but this is creepy."

 

"The head."

 

"Ms Han."

 

"Ah. Mutual dislike is a good way to bond, but even this is kinda sudden."

 

So Seokmin retells whatever happened in the meeting room because Soonyoung will probably get mad and start fuming on the spot. The smooth composure, which is normally what drives him up the wall, is strangely calming. Huh.

 

Seokmin has a plan. Even Soonyoung has to admit the plan is a good one, as the systematically sweep the areas unaffected by the construction of the art block. The rock band comes down as well, even though Soonyoung’s pretty certain Wonwoo and Mingyu are just looking for quiet spots to kiss it each other one day without the fangirls spotting. They can deny it as much as they want, but Seungkwan and him are going to win the bet that they are going to end up dating. He’s already counting on that dinner treat and intends to eat his money’s worth of will-he-won’t-he angst and awkward tension.

 

Meanwhile the dance club stayed on despite Soonyoung telling them to go home (because he needed some time to wallow in self-pity if the meeting didn’t work out, he’s not going to pretend he wasn’t trying to protect himself). Minghao and Jun are half searching half playing hide and seek (Cute). Vernon is texting his girlfriend while explaining to Chan that Seungkwan is unofficial member #6 who is in charge of bossing Soonyoung around and ensuring he doesn’t grow white hair too fast. (Lies. Soonyoung can take care of himself perfectly fine.)

 

Ms Han has really tried making life difficult for them, demarcating extra areas as No Noise Zones despite knowing full well that no one studies there. There's an extra storeroom on the seventh floor, but they're pretty sure it'll be marked No Noise Zone the moment they report it. And it's too small for the drum kit or dancing.

 

It does feel a little hopeless, wandering around trying to find somewhere that works. Idly the cross the field to the far side of the school and he sees Jihoon playing badminton badly on the track. Jihoon cranes his neck up, before letting loose a self-assured smirk.

 

Jerk.

 

Seungkwan holds him back before he can even resort to unnecessary violence. Soonyoung honestly feels a little wronged because his fists has never done the talking for him. Stupid taekwondo honour code. Then again, to doubt is to be Boo Seungkwan. He’s the one tagging along like a lost puppy when he could be heading home because he lives in fear of his two best friends tearing each other to shreds.

 

As if. Verbal attacks and snark appear to be their weapons of choice. In the meantime, Lee Jihoon continues to . The recreational badminton club is total bull. They even got the room in the shed... Wait, shed?

 

Soonyoung runs right up to Seokmin, pulling the map of the school towards him. They didn't even get a copy during the meeting and had to steal the one the football team left behind. Ms Han was thankfully ushered away by the counselors and was unable to otherwise unable to witness their shameful thievery.

 

"I found one.” Breathlessly, he runs straight to his goal. Mingyu and Wonwoo who were debating over whether the squirrel was male or female spins their head around before blindly following. Fools. Seungkwan chases too, a look of excitement across his face. But the one who’s right behind him is Lee Seokmin, barely ruffled as he follows.

 

He pushes the door open, slamming his body against it as he skids to a halt. The top floor of the shed, a large room with sloping roofs and parquet floors. The drama club used to store additional costumes there before the funding for the art block came in and they extended the block.

 

And there were fans. Wall-length mirrors. Stranded away from humanity, as much noise as they can possible make.

 

“Wow. Soonyoung never disappoints.”

 

Wonwoo is the first one to say something. Kicking his shoes off, his Superman patterned socks hit the dusty floors. Ignoring the dust he’s kicking up, he starts jumping around.

 

“The fangirls only have that viewing window over there. Major upgrade.”

 

That’s probably what triggers Mingyu to take off his shoes too and jump in. It’s oddly cute, seeing two big-sized guys jump around for no apparent reason. If this was a different genre there would be a jump scare right there with a female ghost clawing her way into the room. Except there’s just Jeonghan third-wheeling the celebration, hair flying everywhere. Minghao and Jun have started an impromptu dance battle with Vernon and Chan and the whole thing is too cute for words.

 

“Party time, you two.” Then there’s Seungkwan beckoning them in, cute ankle-high socks already in the room.

 

“Can’t celebrate until we get the approval though-“

 

“Get it, you spoilsport. And you still wonder why the dance club is unpopular.”

 

Seokmin’s wearing a disgruntled look that really doesn’t match his Pokemon socks. Cute Pikachu  socks is quite the last thing Soonyoung was expecting.

 

But when he sees Seungkwan and Chan get into a girl group dance battle to the cheers of the rock band members he caves. Taking off his shoes, he joins the mess in the room.

 

“Black. So basic.”

 

“Pikachu. How old are you? Right now I’m feeling generous and will give you half the room. Don’t make me lose this good feeling.”

 

“That’s me being generous.”

 

Even that doesn’t bring his spirits down as he joins the girl group war forming on the floor.

 

He’s got to remember to thank Lee Jihoon after this. Soonyoung knows he wouldn’t have found a way without him. 

 

a'n: idk why pikachu socks either :ppp