A Mother's Love

Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jane's POV, 2046

I stood in front of Kimmy's door, thinking if I should go in. She had always been a sweet and outgoing girl before her mother passed away. She shut herself after that, not willing to talk to anyone. It is understandable that she is so clingy to her mother. I have tried my best to help Pie after knowing that Van beat her up. I wanted to inform the police about this but Pie stopped me. "Kimmy is only five, she is too young to have a broken family." she said. I should have done more than that, more than just listening when she came to my house, holding Kimmy in her arms and begging me to let her stay at my place for the night. Her face was always with bruises, and she was so weak. Everytime I looked at her I would think of the Pie in high school, the girl who broke hearts, the girl who attracted all the attentions wherever she went. It hurt me so much seeing her in the state, so weary. In those two years Kimmy stayed with me a lot. Pie decided not to let her see any of the beatings so that she doesn't hate her father. Since then I became close to Kimmy. I always knew why Van hated his daughter so much. I could see so much Kim in her, everyone did, and I am sure Pie knew about it too. They are both talented artists, have good temper, and are good in basketball. Sometimes I would think that she was Kim, and I would start tearing up when I realised that Kim's gone.

I have been ringing the door bell for a few times and no one came to answer. So I tried to turn the door knob. Surprisingly it wasn't even locked. What is she doing? Shouldn't she know that living alone is already very dangerous? How could she leave the door unlocked?! I went into the house. It was so quiet that it creeped me out. I looked around, and finally found poor Kimmy lying in her mother's bed, sleeping. She was holding a book, "Pie Manaying's Diary". 

Oh no!! She shouldn't be reading that!! Things about Kim should be kept a secret! What will she think if she knows that her mother once loved a girl? How did she fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter