A Portrait of Love

Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie's POV, 2015.

I looked apologetically at Kim. She was staring at me with her beautiful brown eyes, pleading me to say yes. "I am sorry, I can't do this." I looked down, hearing nothing but my heartbeat. She let go of me, sighed, and nodded. "Fine, if this is what you want, then I won't force you." She sighed again, not willing to look at me. Her eyes were covered by a layer of tears, it broke my heart seeing her cry. I don't know why but I can't say yes. Something was making me reject her. "Take care." She said and turned around, walking away from me. My tears started dropping. You silly! Why didn't you say yes? Why didn't you follow her, and follow your heart? While I was tempting if I should go after Kim, I felt a small hand holding my index finger. I looked at her, a girl around 5 years old, wearing a strawberries printed pyjamas, smiling at me with her oh so innocent face. "Go for her. She is the key to your happiness in the future. Hold on tight and do not let go. Your parents will accept her, I promise. Just follow your heart and stop taking others opinions so seriously. I support you." I looked at the girl in disbelief. She was so young. How could she know all these? She smiled again. "As long as you're happy." She let go of my hand and I started chasing after Kim. I ran without looking back. I wanted to get Kim. I wanted to follow my heart. I wanted everyone to accept us. Suddenly, I heard a loud bang from behind. I stopped running. I couldn't run anymore. All of a sudden my heart started hurting so much that I couldn't even stand straight. It was as if someone was taking a part of me away. Feeling worried, I quickly looked back. A car drove pass me at its top speed and disappeared into the horizon within seconds. And there Kim was, holding a girl in her pyjamas, sitting in a blood pool shouting for help. I forced myself to stand up. I slowly walked towards them. The girl who was smiling at me, who gave me courage to live my life, was lying in Kim's arms, liveless. I wanted to hug her tight, I wanted to tell her that I love her. Tears flowed along my cheeks. I regretted so much. I don't know why but losing the little girl was like losing a big part of my life. I shouted hysterically and tried to hug her, when I realised that my hands went straight pass her body. I couldn't hold her, she was like the air, I couldn't feel her anymore. Then her hands slowly became transparent, and she disappeared in front of my eyes. Kim was not moving at all. I was shocked. Her pool of blood was still there but she disappeared. I cried even harder.

"Aaarghhhhhhh!!!!"

I sat up, panting. I looked around and noticed that I was lying on a mattress in a familiar room. I stood up and looked around, realising that it was the room where I met Kim for the first time. It was a nightmare. It got me really confused. Maybe my dream was trying to tell me that I should not let go of Kim or bad things will happen? I walked around. Kim's artworks were everywhere. She really was a talented artist. Then, a sketch which was on her table caught my eyes. I picked it up and looked closely at the sketch. It was a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter