fireworks

Maybe I saw you a little more than that.

“Who? Doojoon?” I heard a familiar voice making me look up. KEVIN!!!!!!!
My eyes didn’t just widen because his nose was bleeding but because he was there, infront of me and—asked about Doojoon….

“Kevin! Omooo, are you okay?” I pulled out my handkerchief and wiped his face

“Arent you supposed to be looking for Doojoon?” He held my wrist making me stop wiping him

“No, I was looking for—for you” I stood up and he did the same

“Why? To rub in that you have someone and I—Audrey—I’m single” He wiped his nose with his sleeve “I Don’t wanna hear it Cara”

“Who said I had someone? And who said that’s what I came to talk about?” I crossed my arms and looked at him

“Well what else do you wanna tell me Cara? Because if its about me being a ish bestfriend, I get it. You ignoring me proved that. And if its about your love life with Doojoon, I don’t wanna hear a thing.”

“Why not?” I asked walking closer to him

“Be-because! I just don’t wanna hear it.” He turned away from me and tried to walk away but I quickly went infront of him and blocked

“Whats it about my love life that bothers you so much Kevin?”

“Cara! Can you please just…shut up” He closed his eyes

“Why? When I was bothered about your relationship, you didn’t care, you even ditched me. You ignored me and forgot me.” I said and he opened his eyes, wide

“Forgot you? Do you know how sick Audrey was hearing your name?  She’d scream at me, telling me she didn’t wanna talk about you anymore. And about ditching you, I know I was wrong but Audrey kept calling me, saying she really needed to see me and fast. So I ran out, and when I arrived at her place I was expecting to see her bleeding or something but you know what she told me , she said ‘save me I’m bored Oppa’ after that, I regretted just leaving you there without a word. But when I was gonna apologize you seemed to cut all connections from me, completely forgetting me as you bestfriend. And I missed you, I missed talking to you. I missed hearing you give me these wacky statements that make me laugh even if I just wanna burst out in tears. I missed hugging you and smelling your strawberry scented hair. I missed laying in bed with you and having you in my arms. I missed talking about anything with you. Then that night, the night of the party, when I saw you with Kiseop smiling and dancing, I felt something strange in me, I was annoyed, angry….jealous. I didn’t care that Audrey was there, I wanted to talk and be with you. I was denying it at first, that I was inlove with you, but when I heard Audrey—Audrey talk smack about you, I couldn’t take it, I screamed at her, I broke up with her and finally admitted it because I’ve always been inlove with you” He paused to breath.

“I looked all around for you, and when I did find you, when I did see you in the rooftop, my heart broke and I was crushed. You—You and Doojoon were—that should have been me, not him. But I guess—I guess it’ll never be me.” He looked away

“Wait… tell me this one thing. Are you still inlove with me?” I asked and he looked at me

“though it really hurts, yeah, yeah I am” His eyes were warm and sad, and I couldn’t stand it.

“On the roof top, I was crying there because I lost to Audrey and I lost you. Did you know that? But what I didn’t know was Doojoon was actually there and he heard everything I said and figured it out that I was broken hearted because of you. He comforted me for a while, and kissed me. But it lasted for about 10 seconds but when he pulled away, we found it awkward and just wrong. He did it by accident and we promised not to think anything wrong about it. I WAS STILL INLOVE WITH YOU KEVIN.” I said “AND I STILL AM, ever since we met Kevin, I’ve been inlove with you”

“But—But you kissed him.” He looked away “he had his lips where mine should’ve been”

I held his chin and made him look at me “when he kissed me, I didn’t feel anything, nothing, no fireworks, no fast beating heart just plain blank, you know why? its because I wanted you. I love you”

And with that, his lips were suddenly on mine. My eyes were wide at first, trying to make sure if this was real. I even actually pinched myself, and when I felt the pain, I smiled. My eyes calmed and I closed them. But Kevin pulled away. He placed his forehead on mine.

“How’d you feel about that?” He asked and I smiled

“Fireworks, a fast beating heart, and everything else that cant be explained.”

“Cara-shii” He laced our fingers

“Hmm?” I looked him in the eyes

“I love you.” He whispered and suddenly gave me a peck on the lips.
Then, I started hearing loud claps and cheers all around, me and Kevin pulled away from each other and looked around the restaurant, only to find the customers smiling and clapping at us.

“We’re they listening the whole time?” I blushed and hid behind Kevin who smiled and waved at them

“Maybe, oh god I hope this disguise of mine worked somehow.” He squeezed my hand

“Oh wait—guess what!” I poked his back

“What?” He still smiled and bowed at them

“I love you too.” I hugged him from behind and heard him chuckle