Book 1. Chapter 7: Hanbin's Little Sister

Playing For Keeps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A leather jacket was the first striking thing about her. 

 

Then it was the snapback, a black, with Let’s Play emblazoned on the front. 

 

Her shorts were pretty… Short. Not short enough to be risque, but not long enough to be demure. Definitely not. Those legs probably went on for a mile long, and even the high-top Converse sneakers did nothing to make her legs look any shorter. 

 

The girl straightened up and appraised her surroundings. 

 

The house was extravagant. Beautiful, but she wasn’t that impressed. She had stayed in nicer homes before, since women were probably more partial to luxury than men were, and the team home of the women’s team was a lot more extravagant than this. 

 

Still, this home did give off a homely glow, and she could feel the aura of calmness and family around here. 

 

A grunt, followed by a dull thud, and she laughed, snapping out of her stupor. 

 

“Hanbin!” 

 

Her voice was low. Not exactly gruff, but low enough to be easily distinguished from the average female voice. Musical, almost, when she laughed, a low, almost charming sound. 

 

“You really . What did you put in there, a corpse?” 

 

“Your corpse will end up there next.” She jibed, and grinned, tugging on his arm. “I missed you.” 

 

“Is that a blush?” Hanbin grinned, ruffling her hair. They were around five years apart in age, she was barely twenty-one. “My little baby sister finally admits that she misses me, huh?” 

 

“Oh shut up, I take everything back.” 

 

“Okay, okay. I missed you too, idiot.” 

 

 

The next thing you notice about her, as she started towards the house, was her walk. 

 

Shoulders laid back, legs picking up and landing silently. Fluid, liquid grace that looked fit to be on a catwalk, and the easy way that her head swiveled to take in her surroundings. This wasn’t your average girl, this was a top-league athlete who just decided that sports wasn’t for her. 

 

Tugging on her jacket, she ped the front, revealing a white undershirt, tight against a slim frame. Hanbin moved around to match her in stride, and it was easy to see that the two of them were related. 

 

Fearless. Ambitious. Powerful. 

 

Slinging an arm around her shoulder, he guided her towards the front door of the house, and she took her cap off. 

 

Her hair, jet black, had the slightest tinge of red highlights that swirled around in thin strands, making her look almost like a fairy. And her jawline, clean, neat, down to sharply defined collarbones. Her features were sharp, too, almost feline in appearance, and then her lips twitched into a smirk. 

 

Her eyes. 

 

They looked feral. 

 

Hanbin’s eyes were like that in a game. Calculating. Judging. Experimenting. Running ideas through his mind, thinking through strategies, communicating with his team through a single flick of his dark, obsidian orbs or a single blink and flutter of his lashes. 

 

Hers, was like that too, just that her eyes never seemed to break from that intense, piercing stare. 

 

 

“This is my little sister, Yerin.” 

 

“Hey, nice to meet you.” As always, Yunhyeong and Haewon were the most polite, greeted her with hugs. Yunhyeong, truth be told, was slightly unnerved at her gaze, but then she smiled, and her eyes crinkled, twinkling into little crescents that shone. "Yunhyeong, right? Hanbin wouldn't shut up about how amazing you are on court, and as a person. Pleasure is all mine.” 

 

Her voice was the next big striking thing. 

 

Amazingly, it was even deeper than Jaemin’s melodious, low tone. Almost gruff, matching Hanbin’s lowest tones when he was trying to mimic Bobby’s low rapping (a pastime of his). Still, it was distinctly feminine, and caught attention really easily. 

 

“You… Haewon, right?” She extended a hand, and the older girl took it, beaming. “You know me?”

“Hanbin praised your cooking and said you were really nice.” Yerin smiled. Under the shadow of her snapback, her jaw was defined especially well, and her eyes looked almost piercing. Feral, beautiful, in the best sense. 

 

“And, uh, Junhoe.” She turned around and her smile changed. It stopped being as friendly, one side of her lip twitching higher than the other, pulling her face into a mischievous smirk. “Casanova, right?” 

 

“In my dreams.” He snorted. “Pleased to meet you.” 

 

“All mine, boy.” The word fell from her lips like it was the most natural thing to do, and Haewon, Jinhwan, and Yunhyeong gaped, as Hanbin just shook his head. Junhoe’s eyes suddenly widened in amazement, and Jaemin’s eyebrows raised up of their own accord. 

 

Not much could surprise her, but this girl definitely could. 

 

“Why does everyone assume that I'm some sort of Casanova—" 

 

"—When you're really just a twenty-something year old ?" Yerin finished. "I don't know, aren't all men supposed to pride themselves in being able to pick up girls? Geez, I'm trying to give you some face here, and you just declined it." 

 

Junhoe's mouth twitched, and Jiwon couldn't help the spluttering coughs that masked his chortles, if not poorly. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter