Book 1, Chapter 3: He has a what?!

Playing For Keeps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Haewon.” She stuck out her hand.

 

“Jaemin.” Jaemin smiled, and shook it. “Nice to meet you.”

 

“So, girl, here’s the rules.” Haewon smiled, obviously friendly and way cooler than Hyemi. “Yunhyeong, Hanbin and Jiwon are out of bounds, Chanwoo is underage, and Jinhwan is mine.”

 

“Got it. I’ll have a shot at Junhoe.” Jaemin muttered in a stage-whisper, and they both broke out chortling, Haewon’s melodic laughter blending well with Jaemin’s deep chuckle.

 

“Ladies, while you’re having fun discussing your love lives.” Hanbin moved over and slung an arm over each of them. “Let’s show Jaemin to her room, and meet back at the sitting area in five minutes. There’s some news that I want to share with you guys.”

 

~

 

“So, like, another girl is going to be staying with us?”

 

“We have one more guest room.” Yunhyeong remembered. “But that one hasn’t been used in ages.”

 

“Hold up.” Jiwon stretched out his hands. “Am I going to be the only person to point out the obvious here?”

 

“Like?” Haewon had joined in the gang gathering, and even she, as nice as she was about the whole wedding fiasco, was trying to ignore the couple who were making googly eyes at each other.

 

“Seriously, bro, you’re taking this a little far.” Jaemin snapped, trying not to be too harsh on the ears, but Hyemi’s startled expression made her regret it.

 

“Yah, noona, don’t scare her.” Donghyuk aimed a hard look in her direction, and she backpedalled almost immediately.

 

Donghyuk had never used that look on her.

 

Never.

 

In fact, he was such a sweet soul that he couldn’t even bear to glare at bugs. The first and last time she had seen him glare, was out of annoyance at himself for costing their team a victory.

 

That was the first and last time, and now the look was directed effortlessly at her.

 

Hanbin, sensing her unease, turned the attention onto Jiwon. “Why?”

 

“Seriously, dude, like you had a sister, a baby sister, and you never told us?” Jiwon’s eyebrows arched. “Overprotective much?”

 

Jinhwan sighed. “He told me.”

 

“Now that’s just plain unfair.” Junhoe declared from his side of the sofa, legs stretched out and taking up so much space that Chanwoo was forced to burrow underneath the heavy-as-hell limbs and look up with a pitiful, puppy dog expression on his face.

 

“What, are you scared we hit on her?” Yunhyeong joked.

 

“She’s Donghyuk’s age.” Hanbin allowed a sheepish look to pass over his face for a moment. “I haven’t seen her in quite long too, ever since I left to train.”

 

“Oh, that’s…” Donghyuk had finally left Hyemi alone, but now she was cuddling up onto his arm, her large, delicate almond eyes blinking, long lashes shuddering softly as she watched Donghyuk talk, running her hand appreciatively along the panes of his back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter